RemedySpot.com

ORE part 1 feedback

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everybody:I have cleared my exam ( ORE Part 1) and I am

sending my feedback. which I have prepeared with my friend and study

partner Cristina Marnangon ( Cris)I am so so so happy!!!!!It was a very stressful exam but finally we did it!!!,I think the only advise I can give you is try to do your best, study as hard as possible, an follow the toppics and feedbacks in the dental groups!!.You must know that is impossible to cover all the toppics and you do not have to feel dissapointed with that.I

have been studying for a year since I arrived in UK, but I have been

also working full time and then part time, and I strongly recomend to

have at least (and if you can), 2 or 3 months completely free to study

before the exam!Everybody has a different way to study, I tried to

cover most of the toppics first using the guide of Dr Moutiz and the

feedbacks and then I tried to concentrate in the questions .I

started with most basic subjects like anatomy, hystology and physiology

so when the exam got closer I knew that I had already studied the most

"difficult" and boring ones, something that made me feel released and

be able to concentrate in the clinical part ,something I enojoyed more

as I think most of you do.Pink book and Blue book can be very

useful but I found them very difficult to start with ,so, I would

advise trying to read first in the basic books like , Vanders, Ten

cate, etc, and finally before the exam picking up the relevant

information from pink and blue book.Dental journal club has a very good library and sometimes you can find in council libraries the pink and blue book as well!Master dentistry 1 and 2 last edition is a must!!!!!Try to find a study partner ,at least to interchange ideas, and every time you fill tired, do not panic; CALM DOWN AND KEEP ON GOING!!!!!!I

want to thanks both groups; Dental journal club and Ore mutual support

and specially to Fede ( my lovely partner) , ( my boss) Cris,

Ivana (my study partners) and ina for such a good and thoughtful

help!!!!good luck for every one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P.S. : I have attached as well Dr Moutiz guide!, hope this help!!!!gaby

Gaby the great..........God bless you

Msny thanks

From: gabygomez82@...Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:00:39 -0300Subject: ORE part 1 feedback

Hi everybody:I have cleared my exam ( ORE Part 1) and I am sending my feedback. which I have prepeared with my friend and study partner Cristina Marnangon ( Cris)I am so so so happy!!!!!It was a very stressful exam but finally we did it!!!,I think the only advise I can give you is try to do your best, study as hard as possible, an follow the toppics and feedbacks in the dental groups!!.You must know that is impossible to cover all the toppics and you do not have to feel dissapointed with that.I have been studying for a year since I arrived in UK, but I have been also working full time and then part time, and I strongly recomend to have at least (and if you can), 2 or 3 months completely free to study before the exam!Everybody has a different way to study, I tried to cover most of the toppics first using the guide of Dr Moutiz and the feedbacks and then I tried to concentrate in the questions .I started with most basic subjects like anatomy, hystology and physiology so when the exam got closer I knew that I had already studied the most "difficult" and boring ones, something that made me feel released and be able to concentrate in the clinical part ,something I enojoyed more as I think most of you do.Pink book and Blue book can be very useful but I found them very difficult to start with ,so, I would advise trying to read first in the basic books like , Vanders, Ten cate, etc, and finally before the exam picking up the relevant information from pink and blue book.Dental journal club has a very good library and sometimes you can find in council libraries the pink and blue book as well!Master dentistry 1 and 2 last edition is a must!!!!!Try to find a study partner ,at least to interchange ideas, and every time you fill tired, do not panic; CALM DOWN AND KEEP ON GOING!!!!!!I want to thanks both groups; Dental journal club and Ore mutual support and specially to Fede ( my lovely partner) , ( my boss) Cris, Ivana (my study partners) and ina for such a good and thoughtful help!!!!good luck for every one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P.S. : I have attached as well Dr Moutiz guide!, hope this help!!!!gaby

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

thanks very much its of great help..rumanaFrom: Malik K <malik_baseer88@...>Subject: Re: Re: ORE PART 1 FEEDBACK Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 7:45 PM

No probs, its just someone guided me and m doing the same..... I wld be happy to help.From: aruna <arunas992004@...> Sent: Tue, 10 May, 2011 15:01:44Subject: Re: ORE PART 1 FEEDBACK

Thanx for the feedback.great help to solve confusion regarding books.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi

> After having passed my ORE 1, I thought I should share some of the tips for the

> people who are attempting it in near future.

> First of all, have confidence and work as hard as possible.

> Though I dint pass by huge margin but I felt what pushed me over the bridge was

> a bit of reading extra medicine (especially since my husband is a medical doctor

> I got some bonus points). Although I would stress make sure you have studied the

> dental subjects as below, I felt some medical topics can make a difference to

> get you those extra 3 or 4 marks to cross the pass percentage.

> The dental books that I studied that were very useful were

> * Oxford handbook of clinical dentistry,

> * Radiology from churchill and few impt things from e.whaites

> * perio from Master dentistry

> * oxford handbook of applied dental sciences-all dental, few

> microbiology,HORMONES(organ secreting it, its action)

> * physiology superficially from Vander Sharman

> * anatomy (chaurasia) diagrams

> * Definitely Pastest (even if u dont get the same questions u ll learn how to

> answer one)

> * Past papaers coz few questions and topics got repeated this time as well

> * Tooth devp stages(in weeks given in blue book)

> * oral path pics from Cawsons

> * Keep a book and note impt points in it from now itself , and u can just go

> thru it a day b4 exam instead of searching it here and thr

> * Things u dont remember write in sticky and put it on the walls/decks whr u

> study so that u keep revising them everyday and at the end u can revise them as

> I said earlier, just b4 exam

> * Other than this u can also study other books recommended by my colleagues

> and topics which u feel is impt.

>

> Hope this helps.

> Warm Regards

> Kowser Malik

>