RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hi...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ling,

So sorry to hear you are doing so bad,,, What is MC? I hope you get to feeling better!!! Lotsa hugs!!!!

Hi...

Hi All,

Have not been online for a while, so here I am............

Got into that silly pain again.... started on Sunday, then it got worse again. saw doc on Mon for the pain. Was given a tramadol injection, and Vioxx and Ketoprofen patch to bring home.

Well, the next day I felt quite fine when I woke up, so I decided to go to school/work. However, the pain gradually got worse and worse again, until in the evening at 7pm I really felt like crying and dying. That was it. I went to my family doc [who knows me quite well], and was given the tramadol jab again and then rested in the adjacent room.

After a while, the doc came to the room, saw that my pain was not getting much better. He then gave me some morphine syrup. That helped a little, but later it started again and I was given a second jab of tramadol. As his clinic closes at 12am, and it was 11.20pm already, he wanted me to wait for a little while more before the clinic closes so that he and his nurse could send me home. However I insisted on going home [my sis would scream if she found out that I was being sent home....] so he prescribed a bottle of morphine syrup and sent his nurse to accompany me home.[i live only a short distance from the clinic.] Good thing the nurse accompanied me anyway, was hardly able to walk actually - Took about 15 minutes to reach home instead of the usual 3 minutes.

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov].

Ling~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

It did help some, but the pain is back again after I went back to work.

Really worried that this is flaring up all over again.

Ling

Re: Hi...

Glad to hear from you but not happy to hear about the

pain. Hope the MC does the trick!!

--- Bunbun <tulips3@...> wrote:

> Got into that silly pain again.... started on

> Sunday, then it got worse again. saw doc on Mon for

> the pain. Was given a tramadol injection, and Vioxx

> and Ketoprofen patch to bring home.>

> Well, the next day I felt quite fine when I woke up,

> so I decided to go to school/work. However, the pain

> gradually got worse and worse again, until in the

> evening at 7pm I really felt like crying and dying.

> That was it. I went to my family doc [who knows me

> quite well], and was given the tramadol jab again

> and then rested in the adjacent room. >

> After a while, the doc came to the room, saw that my

> pain was not getting much better. He then gave me

> some morphine syrup. That helped a little, but later

> it started again and I was given a second jab of

> tramadol. As his clinic closes at 12am, and it was

> 11.20pm already, he wanted me to wait for a little

> while more before the clinic closes so that he and

> his nurse could send me home. However I insisted on

> going home [my sis would scream if she found out

> that I was being sent home....] so he prescribed a

> bottle of morphine syrup and sent his nurse to

> accompany me home.[i live only a short distance from

> the clinic.] Good thing the nurse accompanied me

> anyway, was hardly able to walk actually - Took

> about 15 minutes to reach home instead of the usual

> 3 minutes.

> > Well, that's all for my update...... on MC

> today.............now much better. I am just hoping

> the appointment to see my new pain doc will come

> soon [19 Nov].

Guest guest

Hi ,

MC stands for medical certificate.... similar to medical leave prescribed by a doctor.

Pain still managable, but i think it is flaring up gradually again.....

Ling

Hi...

Hi All,

Got into that silly pain again.... started on Sunday, then it got worse again. saw doc on Mon for the pain. Was given a tramadol injection, and Vioxx and Ketoprofen patch to bring home.

Well, the next day I felt quite fine when I woke up, so I decided to go to school/work. However, the pain gradually got worse and worse again, until in the evening at 7pm I really felt like crying and dying. That was it. I went to my family doc [who knows me quite well], and was given the tramadol jab again and then rested in the adjacent room.

After a while, the doc came to the room, saw that my pain was not getting much better. He then gave me some morphine syrup. That helped a little, but later it started again and I was given a second jab of tramadol. As his clinic closes at 12am, and it was 11.20pm already, he wanted me to wait for a little while more before the clinic closes so that he and his nurse could send me home. However I insisted on going home [my sis would scream if she found out that I was being sent home....] so he prescribed a bottle of morphine syrup and sent his nurse to accompany me home.[i live only a short distance from the clinic.] Good thing the nurse accompanied me anyway, was hardly able to walk actually - Took about 15 minutes to reach home instead of the usual 3 minutes.

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov]

Guest guest

Hey Ling,,,

you might have already told me this,,,,, but I forget everything these days,,, what is the pain coming from? Migraines? hope you are feeling somewhat better!!!

Hi...

Hi All,

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov] ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hi ,

Don't be sorry, I have a horrible memory myself......

I have been having chronic headaches for about 5-6 years... the neurologists said I have occipital neuralgia, a condition involving the nerves at the back of my head. It causes very intense pain [often sharp] in my head. Other docs said I may have cervicogenic headache, so not very sure of the diagnosis. An MRI also showed that I had cervical spondylosis. Add that to the list , where I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes too.

Had tried every form of treatment that I know of, including physical therapy and acupuncture. Then was referred to a pain management doc. Had repeated nerve blocks near my neck, before I had a radiofrequency neurolysis to burn the nerves that were causing the pain. That completely killed the pain for about 4 months, then the pain returned. Now undergoing occupational therapy weekly, where during each session, I receive heat treatment, trigger point therapy and electrical stimulation.

I hope I am not boring you...

Ling

Hi...

Hi All,

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov]

Guest guest

Awe Ling !!!

That is NOT the way to spend a day... How is your head now??? That was so nice of the nurse to help you home... Why didn't they put you in the hospital??? Your doc appointment is in 9 days!!! Hold up as best as ya can... REST !!! Keep us posted!

((( Headache Free Hugs )))

Helen

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov].

Ling

angelbear1129@...

Guest guest

Thanks, Helen.

Well, the doc knew I hated to go to the hospital, so he did not insist on it....

Ling

Awe Ling !!!That is NOT the way to spend a day... How is your head now??? That was so nice of the nurse to help you home... Why didn't they put you in the hospital??? Your doc appointment is in 9 days!!! Hold up as best as ya can... REST !!! Keep us posted! ((( Headache Free Hugs ))) Helen

Have not been online for a while, so here I am............Got into that silly pain again.... started on Sunday, then it got worse again. saw doc on Mon for the pain. Was given a tramadol injection, and Vioxx and Ketoprofen patch to bring home. Well, the next day I felt quite fine when I woke up, so I decided to go to school/work. However, the pain gradually got worse and worse again, until in the evening at 7pm I really felt like crying and dying. That was it. I went to my family doc [who knows me quite well], and was given the tramadol jab again and then rested in the adjacent room. After a while, the doc came to the room, saw that my pain was not getting much better. He then gave me some morphine syrup. That helped a little, but later it started again and I was given a second jab of tramadol. As his clinic closes at 12am, and it was 11.20pm already, he wanted me to wait for a little while more before the clinic closes so that he and his nurse could send me home. However I insisted on going home [my sis would scream if she found out that I was being sent home....] so he prescribed a bottle of morphine syrup and sent his nurse to accompany me home.[i live only a short distance from the clinic.] Good thing the nurse accompanied me anyway, was hardly able to walk actually - Took about 15 minutes to reach home instead of the usual 3 minutes. Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov]. Ling

Guest guest

Ling,,,

You are talking to someone who often stares out into space for entertainment,, there is absolutly no way to bore me!!! lol,,, I know those headaches can be killers!! I have them too and much like you,, I have tried everything except the nerve blocks,,, which none of my doctors would do anyways,,, and trigger point therapy due to the fibro,, but I have tried all meds (well all the ones I can take anyways) and therapy and nothing,,,, so I just live with it,,, hope you are feeling better!!!

Hi...

Hi All,

Well, that's all for my update...... on MC today.............now much better. I am just hoping the appointment to see my new pain doc will come soon [19 Nov] ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~ The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives and Digest Attachment Pictures:-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Daily Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Thanks .... At least that assures me that I am not alone!

Ling

>

> From: <missymelanie@...>

> Date: Sun 10/11/2002 5:58 PM GMT+08:00

>

> Subject: Re: Hi...

>

> Ling,,,

>

> You are talking to someone who often stares out into space for entertainment,,

there is absolutly no way to bore me!!! lol,,, I know those headaches can be

killers!! I have them too and much like you,, I have tried everything except the

nerve blocks,,, which none of my doctors would do anyways,,, and trigger point

therapy due to the fibro,, but I have tried all meds (well all the ones I can

take anyways) and therapy and nothing,,,, so I just live with it,,, hope you

are feeling better!!!

>

> Hi...

Hi All,

Guest guest

Welcome.

Can you recommend any wilderness medical books that you are familiar with,

there seem to be so many available which are the best from the US?

What would you consider a good wilderness medical kit contents list

especially for the ski patrol jobs?

Carpenter

Hi...

>Hi;

> I am a full time FireFighter Paramedice with Gardiner Fire-Rescue,

>Gardiner Maine. I am also a Ski Patrol Instructor at Ragged Mountain -

>Camden SnowBowl. I also practice and teach Technical rescue.

>Along with my ED RN wife Kerry, I have a wide range of outdoor and

backwoods

>hobbies. I have a genuine interest in remote medicine. I hope to gain

>insight and maybe share a little knowlege and experience from the group.

>

>Jeff Blake

>

>_________________________________________________________________

>Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE

>online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!

>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

>

>

>

>

>Member Information:

>

>List owner: Ian Sharpe Owner@...

>Editor: Ross Boardman Editor@...

>

>ALL list admin messages (subscriptions & unsubscriptions) should be sent to

the list owner.

>

>Post message: egroups

>

>Please visit our website http://www.remotemedics.co.uk

>

>Regards

>

>The Remote Medics Team

>

>

Guest guest

just remenber if its ross or rod and thier fingers are moving they are most

likely drunk and telling major untruths!

Rod leave those sheep alone!

Cheers

Tom G

>From: " Blake " <jeffblake421@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Re: Hi...

>Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:15:42 -0000

>

>Hi Gerry;

> It's good to be here. Looking forward to some interesting

>conversation.

>

>Jeff Blake

>

>

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free

parking. http://shopping.msn.com

Guest guest

Outdoor emergency care isnt a bad book and is geard at ski patrollers it's

geard at EMT-B leval but oudoors.

What kind of thing were you after there are quite a few books on my shelf at

the moment.

Hi...

>

>

> >Hi;

> > I am a full time FireFighter Paramedice with Gardiner Fire-Rescue,

> >Gardiner Maine. I am also a Ski Patrol Instructor at Ragged Mountain -

> >Camden SnowBowl. I also practice and teach Technical rescue.

> >Along with my ED RN wife Kerry, I have a wide range of outdoor and

> backwoods

> >hobbies. I have a genuine interest in remote medicine. I hope to gain

> >insight and maybe share a little knowlege and experience from the group.

> >

> >Jeff Blake

> >

> >_________________________________________________________________

> >Has one of the new viruses infected your computer? Find out with a FREE

> >online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!

> >http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >Member Information:

> >

> >List owner: Ian Sharpe Owner@...

> >Editor: Ross Boardman Editor@...

> >

> >ALL list admin messages (subscriptions & unsubscriptions) should be sent

to

> the list owner.

> >

> >Post message: egroups

> >

> >Please visit our website http://www.remotemedics.co.uk

> >

> >Regards

> >

> >The Remote Medics Team

> >

> >

Guest guest

;

The NSP Outdoor Emergency Care textbook and workbook set is a

good place to start. It is modeled on the US NREMT-B guideline with

cold weather and backcountry additions. Other choices are mountain

rescue and medicine for mountaineering. As for ski patrol gear,

check out the National Ski Patrol web site. If you have specific

needs or concerns let me know, I'll try to steer you in the right

direction.

Jeff Blake

FF/EMT-P

NSP Insrtuctor

Guest guest

LOL, I'll try to keep that in mind>

Jeff Blake

>

> just remenber if its ross or rod and thier fingers are moving they

are most

> likely drunk and telling major untruths!

> Rod leave those sheep alone!

>

> Cheers

>

>

> Tom G

>

>

>

> >From: " Blake " <jeffblake421@h...>

> >Reply-

> >

> >Subject: Re: Hi...

> >Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:15:42 -0000

> >

> >Hi Gerry;

> > It's good to be here. Looking forward to some interesting

> >conversation.

> >

> >Jeff Blake

> >

> >

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No

crowds, free

> parking. http://shopping.msn.com

Guest guest

Thanks, I have Medicine for Mountaineers, good book, my question was based

on the fact I was doing a search and there were so many titles available it

was mind numbing, and it's best to ask someone in the field who might

actually have trawled through them already. I will have a look at NSP site,

and have a chat later thanks again. Go safely.

C

>;

> The NSP Outdoor Emergency Care textbook and workbook set is a

>good place to start. It is modeled on the US NREMT-B guideline with

>cold weather and backcountry additions. Other choices are mountain

>rescue and medicine for mountaineering. As for ski patrol gear,

>check out the National Ski Patrol web site. If you have specific

>needs or concerns let me know, I'll try to steer you in the right

>direction.

>

>Jeff Blake

>FF/EMT-P

>NSP Insrtuctor

>

>

>

>

>Member Information:

>

>List owner: Ian Sharpe Owner@...

>Editor: Ross Boardman Editor@...

>

>ALL list admin messages (subscriptions & unsubscriptions) should be sent to

the list owner.

>

>Post message: egroups

>

>Please visit our website http://www.remotemedics.co.uk

>

>Regards

>

>The Remote Medics Team

>

>

Guest guest

hi...

can somebody please tell me the fluoride supplementation guidelines in the UK???

thanks...

Guest guest

Hi Neha

this what I find for our Q

Fluoride supplements are licensed products and dosages appear in the British National Formulary as follows: The daily schedule for areas with less than 0.3ppmF in the water supply are:

6 months to 3 years - 0.25mgF (0.5mg NaF)

3 years to 6 years - 0.5mgF (1.1mg NaF)

6 years and over - 1.0mgF (2.2mg NaF).'

Fluoride supplements should be given daily, but the dose must not be increased if days are missed. No supplements should be given in areas where the water supply contains more than 0.7ppmF.

From: Neha <gupta_neha22@...> Sent: Mon, 12 April, 2010 13:59:19Subject: hi...

hi...can somebody please tell me the fluoride supplementation guidelines in the UK???thanks...

Guest guest

Welcome nathan! I am Lois-mom to (JJ) age 24 with autism. He lives at home with his father and me and go's to a day program. Lois

Hi...

I am an autism advocate and have autism. I have been interested in autism advocacy for years. I am most interested in inclusion, employment, transitions, treatment rights and advocacy issues which concern others that need awareness. I do not post often. Sometimes I like to share about autism issues though post rarely. I am new to this group.Sincerely, YoungAutism Self-Advocate

Guest guest

Hi , I'm so glad to have you here. I'm Noura, mom to Hady (becomes 8 years old TODAY!). We're in Syria.Thank you for the work that you're doing for yourself and our children with autism.Take care,Noura