RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don't worry, Lyme literate doctors- most of their patients have had negative tests and been told they don't have Lyme. Many have a whole laundry list of diagnoses and a symptom list a mile long. I had symptoms I didn't even know were symptoms. Aandraya On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

The (sp) test? I asked him if it could be lyme because the neurologist said it wasn't MS but I had the symptoms. asked him about the types of tests and that was the best he could do...doesn't understand. I fully count on it being negative. I'm going to an LLMD soon!

On Nov 10, 2011 8:18 PM, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

What are you going to do when that comes up negative? ________________________________

From: "Elissa " <elissarachel@...>birdmites...Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:18:28 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

We were un...

Guest guest

It is crazy!! I remember debilitating headaches at 8 years old ....no one knew what it was...i missed a month of school and then they just went away. 

At 11, I had chronic strep & swollen glands for a whole school year.  Diagnosed, on antibiotics, then after 5 days it would come back full force....ended with tonsillitis and tonsillectomy. 

Were these lyme?

On Nov 10, 2011 8:31 PM, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Yes, she is right because it can lead to those things if untreated.From: " Aandraya " <aandraya@...>

bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:02:33 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

You don't want to let the infections get anymore out of hand.  Many end up with MS, ALS, and other s...

Guest guest

And once you get your infection level down the bugs aren't attracted to you anymore. I'm still treating Lyme and coinfections but it was like a miracle when the bugs were gone and my skin lesions healed. I feel like I can deal with anything after living through that hell. Babesia treatment took care of the memory, inability to talk, brain fog, etc.- even a lot of the depression. On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

The (sp) test? I asked him if it could be lyme because the neurologist said it wasn't MS but I had the symptoms. asked him about the types of tests and that was the best he could do...doesn't understand. I fully count on it being negative. I'm going to an LLMD soon!

What are you going to do when that comes up negative? ________________________________

From: "Elissa " <elissarachel@...>birdmites...Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:18:28 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

We were un...

Guest guest

-How is your treatment going?AaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 7:31 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

Yes, she is right because it can lead to those things if untreated.From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:02:33 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

You don't want to let the infections get anymore out of hand. Many end up with MS, ALS, and other serious illnesses.AandrayaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 6:50 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

I've heard of that movie...a little scared to watch it.

It does seem clear that I have lyme. I've always told all my drs about my diagnoses! No one has ever suggested lyme.

So many seemingly unrelated things going on with me... I can give myself a clinical diagnosis ;) if only I could prescribe myself meds!!

On Nov 10, 2011 7:01 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

Are you kidding me? No doctor ever suggested Lyme? You are the classic chronic Lyme case. Please watch the movie Under Our Skin, I believe it might still be on Hulu for free, or else it's on Netflix. You'll see yourself in that film. Excellent film by the way, Dr. Cameron is in it. Also, go to ILADS website and do the Lyme quiz/checklist by Dr. Burrascano. Finally, print out your list below and take it to your appt with Dr. Cameron! I had most of the same symptoms you listed, but different diagnoses over the years. I just can' believe you were never diagnosed with Lyme, especially since you lived in an endemic area.

Aandrayamy daughter is E like egg- lisaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

> >> You' re daugh...

Guest guest

- I think it's hard to imagine 100% when we don't feel well, but yes we absolutely can get there with consistent ongoing treatment. On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:39 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

Yes, I so wish I had known 20 something years ago that Lyme was what I had. Could have saved me years of needless suffering and dozens of diagnoses. I guess it is never too late to treat, but I try to be realistic about what can be accomplished after so many years too. I may never get 100% but I'll be better than I was. That I do know.From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:36:06 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

That was not true, the Western Blot is a much better test, but still not very sensitive. Lyme literate doctors usually use Igenix Labs in California because they specialize in vector borne diseases. If you use your insurance lab it's very unreliable. Amazing to me that even the doctors out east are still clueless about Lyme. Trust me, once you start treatment you'll see your symptoms start to drop off. On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

We were un...

Guest guest

Do you see the bugs leaving the body? Do they exit and stay alive?  are they back in the environment again?

Do they bite as they exit?

On Nov 10, 2011 9:14 PM, " Aandraya " <aandraya@...> wrote:

-How is your treatment going?AaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 7:31 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

>  >> Yes, she is right because i...

Guest guest

Lyme and strep go hand in hand, especially in kids. It was probably a really good choice they took out the tonsils. That may be one of the reasons your immune system has kept it in check.On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:44 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

It is crazy!! I remember debilitating headaches at 8 years old ....no one knew what it was...i missed a month of school and then they just went away.

At 11, I had chronic strep & swollen glands for a whole school year. Diagnosed, on antibiotics, then after 5 days it would come back full force....ended with tonsillitis and tonsillectomy.

Were these lyme?

On Nov 10, 2011 8:31 PM, <Goldstein@...> wrote:

Yes, she is right because it can lead to those things if untreated.From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>

bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:02:33 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

You don't want to let the infections get anymore out of hand. Many end up with MS, ALS, and other s...

Guest guest

Also,  does fungus get treated with lyme?  How do they diagnose that?

On Nov 10, 2011 9:23 PM, " Aandraya " <aandraya@...> wrote:

-  I think it's hard to imagine 100% when we don't feel well, but yes we absolutely can get there with consistent ongoing treatment.  On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:39 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

>  >> Yes, I so wish I had known ...

Guest guest

Oh yes. There are limited tests which can be helpful. Also, clinical symptoms. I've taken an array of natural and Rx antifungals. Most with skin infestations of bugs I believe have severe fungal issues. I know I did and am still treating. If you get the "black specks" on the skin that is a mold.On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

Also, does fungus get treated with lyme? How do they diagnose that?

On Nov 10, 2011 9:23 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

- I think it's hard to imagine 100% when we don't feel well, but yes we absolutely can get there with consistent ongoing treatment. On Nov 10, 2011, at 7:39 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

> >> Yes, I so wish I had known ...

Guest guest

I had collembola(springtails), I don't think they bite but I don't know. Yes, I saw them on my skin- barely, very tiny. I don't know if I had mites because I never saw them. A lot of the crawling, biting sensations are neurological caused by bartonella. I also had the lint bugs and strange debris coming out of my skin- seed- like things and fibers. On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:23 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

Do you see the bugs leaving the body? Do they exit and stay alive? are they back in the environment again?

Do they bite as they exit?

On Nov 10, 2011 9:14 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

> >> Yes, she is right because i...

Guest guest

I used to get the black specks in the sheets, mattress cover, and in the shower after I washed...all the lint/clothing looking fiber things. 

not sure if that was related to the mites, morgellons?  Mostly went away except for some black specks in shower every once in a while.

On Nov 10, 2011 9:36 PM, " Aandraya " <aandraya@...> wrote:

Oh yes.  There are limited tests which can be helpful. Also, clinical symptoms.  I've taken an array of natural and Rx antifungals.  Most with skin infestations of bugs I believe have severe fungal issues.  I know I did and am still treating.  If you get the " black specks " on the skin that is a mold.

On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:>  >> Also,  does fun...

Guest guest

Yeah, had all that too. Morgellon's syndrome... The good LLMDs k ow about Morgellons, those symptoms resolve with Lyme treatment. I believe it's a mixture of fungus and bacteria. The black specks is a mold called Moirtereilla(sp). On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

I used to get the black specks in the sheets, mattress cover, and in the shower after I washed...all the lint/clothing looking fiber things.

not sure if that was related to the mites, morgellons? Mostly went away except for some black specks in shower every once in a while.

On Nov 10, 2011 9:36 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

Oh yes. There are limited tests which can be helpful. Also, clinical symptoms. I've taken an array of natural and Rx antifungals. Most with skin infestations of bugs I believe have severe fungal issues. I know I did and am still treating. If you get the "black specks" on the skin that is a mold.

On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:> >> Also, does fun...

Guest guest

Great info! Thanks!

On Nov 10, 2011 10:03 PM, " Aandraya " <aandraya@...> wrote:

Yeah, had all that too. Morgellon's syndrome... The good LLMDs k ow about Morgellons, those symptoms resolve with Lyme treatment.  I believe it's a mixture of fungus and bacteria.  The black specks is a mold called Moirtereilla(sp).  

On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:>  >> I used to get t...

Guest guest

Did you treat all the internal stuff by going to the Lyme Dr? Thank you

From: Aandraya <aandraya@...>"bird mites " <bird mites >Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:21 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

I moved twice and they went with me. Address chronic infections and they will no longer be attracted to you. For me it was Lyme, bartonella, babesia, fungal infections and who knows what else. All mold toxins must be non-existent in your living environment as well.

It took me one year on antibiotics- Rx and herbal to be bug free. I am still treating chronic infections though- it's been 2 years total. Lyme is usually the root infection because it shuts down the immune system in a big way.

Aandraya

On Nov 10, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Linds J <lj_mom11@...> wrote:

Just curious to see if anyone with kids was able to move and be free? I've heard of some moving and being fine but it seems as they just had themselves or one other person to worry about. I am a family of 4 + a dog. We've been dealing with this since the end of July and have finally realized whats going on. I'm the one bothered the most but my two children had bites. My youngest had a rash on the arms and the derm said heat rash. My oldest had what looked like an allergic reaction all over the chest and belly. I did as well. My huband has had a few days of itching but that may be from all the crap I am using in the wash. The dog shakes his head. I'm pretty sure I have them internally as well. We're trying to figure out the best route in hopes that our children could have normal happy lives. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Guest guest

Thanks Elissa. What are you doing to address your internal issues? I remember you talking about seeing a Lyme Dr. Have you done that yet?

From: Elissa <elissarachel@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:48 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

We moved twice also. They followed though on smaller scale. My husband used to get crawlies but no bites. My baby had bites which was diagnosed as heat rash as well. Now I only get bites, and I know they are living in me.

Moving won't help me. As I have finally realized, I must address my internal issues immediatey.

On Nov 10, 2011 2:24 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

Also, my daughter and boyfriend were not bothered by the bugs and skin problems because they had no chronic internal infections.

AandrayaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Linds J <lj_mom11@...> wrote:

> >> Just curious to see if anyone with kids was able to move and be free? I've heard of some mov...

Guest guest

Yes, I have been exposed to ticks about 20 years ago. I never had any trouble with anything until my husband got rid of a dead bird and left the nest. Also, neighbors had 2 dead birds as well. I wasn't aware of any of this until about a month after the itching first began. Its been about 4 months now.

From: Aandraya <aandraya@...>"bird mites " <bird mites >Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:56 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Have you ever been exposed to ticks? Or mosquitoes now for that matter? Bartonella- a bacterial infection commonly present with Lyme causes itching/crawling/biting/ movement sensations. Have you ever had any skin lesions that don't heal?

Aandraya

On Nov 10, 2011, at 1:48 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

We moved twice also. They followed though on smaller scale. My husband used to get crawlies but no bites. My baby had bites which was diagnosed as heat rash as well. Now I only get bites, and I know they are living in me.

Moving won't help me. As I have finally realized, I must address my internal issues immediatey.

Also, my daughter and boyfriend were not bothered by the bugs and skin problems because they had no chronic internal infections.

> >> Just curious to see if anyone with kids was able to move and be free? I've heard of some mov...

Guest guest

Aandraya,I'm not herxing at all, so maybe it isn't doing anything, I just don't know. The meds are tolerable... wonder if they are doing anything. How can I tell? I'm so tired all the time. I went into a real funk, very depressed and still am to some degree. It just seems like my whole life seems sorta empty right now. Low energy. I had started on a low carbo diet and couldn't lose any weight on it for 2 weeks of really doing well with the food. I know that may not have anything to do with Lyme or Bart, but that's where I'm at right now. Just trying to find more meaning in my life. So much that was good has been taken out of my life... we're struggling financially too. And I don't like that one bit! lol I can go into a real pity party, and shouldn't!Still getting occasional zingers on my feet... maybe Babesia, or fungal, not sure.Thanks for listening... lolHugs, From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:13:28 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Yes, she is right because it can lead to those things if untreated.From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:02:33 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

You don't want to let the infections get anymore out of hand. Many end up with MS, ALS, and other serious illnesses.AandrayaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 6:50 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

It does seem clear that I have lyme. I've always told all my drs about my diagnoses! No one has ever suggested lyme.

So many seemingly unrelated things going on with me... I can give myself a clinical diagnosis ;) if only I could prescribe myself meds!!

Are you kidding me? No doctor ever suggested Lyme? You are the classic chronic Lyme case. Please watch the movie Under Our Skin, I believe it might still be on Hulu for free, or else it's on Netflix. You'll see yourself in that film. Excellent film by the way, Dr. Cameron is in it. Also, go to ILADS website and do the Lyme quiz/checklist by Dr. Burrascano. Finally, print out your list below and take it to your appt with Dr. Cameron! I had most of the same symptoms you listed, but different diagnoses over the years. I just can' believe you were never diagnosed with Lyme, especially since you lived in an endemic area.

Aandrayamy daughter is E like egg- lisaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 4:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

> >> You' re daugh...

Guest guest

I definitely had the black specks. Husband never did. From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:35:25 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Oh yes. There are limited tests which can be helpful. Also, clinical symptoms. I've taken an array of natural and Rx antifungals. Most with skin infestations of bugs I believe have severe fungal issues. I know I did and am still treating. If you get the "black specks" on the skin that is a mold.On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

Also, does fungus get treated with lyme? How do they diagnose that?

On Nov 10, 2011 9:23 PM, "Aandraya" <aandraya@...> wrote:

> >> Yes, I so wish I had known ...

Guest guest

My black specks are much much fewer now. Whenever I blew dry my hair over the porcelain sink I'd see black specks. Seeing fewer now. That's a good thing! Yeah! I started out with a headful of white specks that came off my head... and it was not dandruff. My red pillowcase was loaded with them.From: "Elissa " <elissarachel@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:48:13 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

not sure if that was related to the mites, morgellons? Mostly went away except for some black specks in shower every once in a while.

Oh yes. There are limited tests which can be helpful. Also, clinical symptoms. I've taken an array of natural and Rx antifungals. Most with skin infestations of bugs I believe have severe fungal issues. I know I did and am still treating. If you get the "black specks" on the skin that is a mold.

On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:26 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:> >> Also, does fun...

Guest guest

I believe that too. Were your lesions large Aandraya? Initially I had profuse rash and bites on my abdomen and that lasted for a year... but then the "lesions" turned into tiny little scab things that were barely visible. So what I called lesions were actually bites. One biopsied bite came back with the result that it was insect induced. I had probably 40 or more of those bites on my abdomen. All gone and healed.From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:02:39 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Yeah, had all that too. Morgellon's syndrome... The good LLMDs k ow about Morgellons, those symptoms resolve with Lyme treatment. I believe it's a mixture of fungus and bacteria. The black specks is a mold called Moirtereilla(sp). On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Elissa <elissarachel@...> wrote:

Guest guest

It took 25 years for my Lyme to become active enough for me to get debilitating symptoms. Very common too. The immune system keeps it in check.AandrayaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Linds J <lj_mom11@...> wrote:

Yes, I have been exposed to ticks about 20 years ago. I never had any trouble with anything until my husband got rid of a dead bird and left the nest. Also, neighbors had 2 dead birds as well. I wasn't aware of any of this until about a month after the itching first began. Its been about 4 months now.

From: Aandraya <aandraya@...>"bird mites " <bird mites >Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:56 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Have you ever been exposed to ticks? Or mosquitoes now for that matter? Bartonella- a bacterial infection commonly present with Lyme causes itching/crawling/biting/ movement sensations. Have you ever had any skin lesions that don't heal?

Aandraya

Guest guest

Birds do seem to be the starting point for most of us or nests. We had gone to a bird sanctuary to hike for fun... I accidentally dropped a long neck scarf and rewrapped it around my neck as it was cold... within a day I had a rash that was shaped like a cloud and it migrated around my neck. I thought it was poison oak, but it was not. It was from some sort of mite from the bird sanctuary. The rash would never heal. It itched and was red... of course it is gone now, but that was maybe 3-4 years ago. At the sanctuary I was also handling a nest in the little museum they had. What a mistake.From: "Linds J" <lj_mom11@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:36:55 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

Aandraya

Guest guest

- What are you taking right now? I had a really bad 4 weeks too! Just horrible pain, the Levaquin stopped working and I started Rifampin and I'm much better! I'm also on Doxy. Going to ease into babesia treatment again(had to stop it).AandrayaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

Aandraya,I'm not herxing at all, so maybe it isn't doing anything, I just don't know. The meds are tolerable... wonder if they are doing anything. How can I tell? I'm so tired all the time. I went into a real funk, very depressed and still am to some degree. It just seems like my whole life seems sorta empty right now. Low energy. I had started on a low carbo diet and couldn't lose any weight on it for 2 weeks of really doing well with the food. I know that may not have anything to do with Lyme or Bart, but that's where I'm at right now. Just trying to find more meaning in my life. So much that was good has been taken out of my life... we're struggling financially too. And I don't like that one bit! lol I can go into a real pity party, and shouldn't!Still getting occasional zingers on my

feet... maybe Babesia, or fungal, not sure.Thanks for listening... lolHugs, From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:13:28 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

> >> You' re daugh...

Guest guest

-It's common to not be able to lose weight with Lyme.AaOn Nov 10, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

Aandraya,I'm not herxing at all, so maybe it isn't doing anything, I just don't know. The meds are tolerable... wonder if they are doing anything. How can I tell? I'm so tired all the time. I went into a real funk, very depressed and still am to some degree. It just seems like my whole life seems sorta empty right now. Low energy. I had started on a low carbo diet and couldn't lose any weight on it for 2 weeks of really doing well with the food. I know that may not have anything to do with Lyme or Bart, but that's where I'm at right now. Just trying to find more meaning in my life. So much that was good has been taken out of my life... we're struggling financially too. And I don't like that one bit! lol I can go into a real pity party, and shouldn't!Still getting occasional zingers on my

feet... maybe Babesia, or fungal, not sure.Thanks for listening... lolHugs, From: "Aandraya" <aandraya@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:13:28 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?

> >> You' re daugh...

Guest guest

Dr. Amin idetified the black specks on his patients- moitrella(sp) mold On Nov 10, 2011, at 10:38 PM, Goldstein@... wrote:

My black specks are much much fewer now. Whenever I blew dry my hair over the porcelain sink I'd see black specks. Seeing fewer now. That's a good thing! Yeah! I started out with a headful of white specks that came off my head... and it was not dandruff. My red pillowcase was loaded with them.From: "Elissa " <elissarachel@...>bird mites Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:48:13 PMSubject: Re: Anyone moved a whole family and now free of the mitemare?