RemedySpot.com

Another Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I donated for all 4 replacements and revision. I got my 2 pints back

the first time. It was more painfull than the surgery! My arm

swelled and I was a mess. I refused the blood back the next time.

For the shoulders I really did not need it. For the revision, I only

gave 1 pint and saved the rest in my own body. My count was barely

12 as it was. So giving blood dropped my count too much. But since

I usually have a low red count, I was used to it being about 6 or 7.

Sue

> >

> > has anyone here given their own blood prior to the surgery in

case you need

> > blood after? or is anyone with a surgery coming up, thinking of

doing this?

> > >>>> I did for my first & second... third doc said no cuz I was

anemic. You

> > can speak 2 your doctor about donations or call the red-cross in

your area~

> > they'll advise you as to the step by step process. Just make

sure if your

> > interested in doing so... that you give yourself enough time~ AND

CHECK YOUR MEDS if

> > your taking them... some you have to stop taking prior to

donating.

> >

>

• 1 month later...

>

> I have looked in the files and I can't find the answer. Suddenly

my face on the chin areaand just below the cheeks has dry patches,

flakiness etc. oh and the areas itch too. I am in hopes this is die

off cause I am not taking anything I am allergic too that I can think

of. I am following Bee's plan but I do not have all the supplements

as I have to add to them as budget allows

==>Jeanne, it is normal for the skin to react when healing

naturally. It is one of the best ways for the body to get rid of

candida toxins, in order to protect vital inner organs. To

understand more about the process read articles in this section:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu1_2.php

==>Apply coconut oil to your skin frequently.

==>Healing reactions are not allergic reactions either; see these:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu4_1.php

==>Itching is caused by healing reactions too see Itching Causes &

Treatments:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/treat14.php

Bee

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a really good question - I have a stream of people where I used to work

wanting to GET IN LINE for donating pieces of THEIR livers. I just tell them

how grateful I am for them to even CONSIDER such a selfless act but felt the

process was so big that it would be difficult for them to actually BE in the

" process " - - I'm glad you asked that question - hope someone can answer it - -

HARPER ???????

Dee

[ ] another question

OK...I know Cheryl and Randy went through the living donor process. My question

is this...I have a friend who is willing to be tested to donate her lobe should

I need one.

The question.... Who pays for what? I am really ignorant on the subject.

Debby

• 5 weeks later...

> My son came home from school today with baaaad breath. It smells kinda

> like rotten vegetable. I did a search and it says bad breath is related

> to food intolerance, yeast or bacteria overgrowth. I have my son on

> Bactrim and Diflucan (for the last 7 days) and stepped up the yeast

> protocol starting yesterday with GSE (3 drops) and biotin (1000 mcg)

> No behavior changes, just the bad breath. No diet changes either, BTW.

Try giving the medications/GSE with No-Fenol enzyme, see if that helps.

Dana

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Missy,

No rocket scientist, but know that sleeps just as well

if he is with us in bed. Have you tried “sleeping” with him in his

bed? Lying down with him for about 10-15minutes until he falls asleep?

Rudi Van

Schoor

PMO

Manager

The South African

Breweries Limited

Tel: +27

11 881 8382

Fax: +27

86 681 4272

Mobile: +27 82 920

Email: Rudi.VanSchoor@...

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note

This communication, its attachments, if any, and any rights attaching to it are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of The South African Breweries Limited (“SAB”). It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only.

If you are not the addressee and receive this communication by error, please notify the sender, dispose of this communication immediately and do not disclose or use it in any manner whatsoever. Any views and opinions expressed in this communication are those of the sender. SAB accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting or arising from the use of this communication and/or its attachments.

SAB does not warrant the integrity of this communication or that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference.

For more information about SAB, visit our website at http://www.sabreweries.co.za

My husband had some sleep issues as a child (night terrors in particular) that my son also started to have when he turned two, and we discovered some tricks and used tricks my mother-in-law had used with my husband. These things really helped us, and it was just trial and error and parenting ideas from other parents, not anything specific to AS, so definitely take this with a grain of salt and adapt for your own situation.

My son has Christmas lights strung up around the edge of his ceiling as a night light. You can find them online for $5 a box (and $5 in shipping of course), but you might also be able to find some on Christmas clearance yet, too. We buy them after Christmas when they are marked down - 25 foot strings for $1 or less each, and we just buy a dozen or so boxes so that we don't have to worry about burned out strings in July. We get a variety of colors, and can pick out what color he wants when a new string goes up. Both of our kids absolutely love having these lights in their room.

We play a lullaby CD quietly so that there is a familiar noise all night long. We've used the same Baby Einstein CD since he was born, and we're working with on picking out a collection of classical music or slow jazz music to transition into since he's 4 1/2 now.

We read books and sing songs before bed with him laying in his bed, and he knows that the rule is that he then has to stay in his room after we say good night. He can read books, do puzzles, or play with his trains, but he has to stay in his room and to play quietly. There have been a few nights when he has been up until 9:30 (bed time is 8:00), but he sleeps much better than if we had to battle with him leaving his room and us putting him back, and he can do his independent little self routine. :)

started sharing a room with his sister this past fall due to house remodeling, and they both love it. Does you son *want* his own room when you move?

The thing that helped the most with bad dreams was the dog sleeping on his bed. loves when the dog sleeps on his bed and when he can hear the hum of his fish tank aerator - surrounded by animals, he's a much happier sleeper!

Is your son old enough and vocal enough to tell you what he would like to have as a bedtime routine or would like to help him to sleep better?

Good luck with the sleep habits. Once you can get that problem solved, other things might get easier for you too!

Sleep - how in the world do you get them to do it? It seems like hecan't ever settle down to go to sleep. We have a solid routine, so Iknow it's not that part of it. Do we need to add MORE to the routine?It seems like he can sit there for hours, and talk or whisper tohimself. Up down up down...I can't sleep...I have bad dreams (whenhe's only been in there for about 2 minutes)....but, it seems likewhen he comes into my bed (which I don't let happen very often), hefalls asleep within about 10 minutes. Could the issue be the nightlight?We are going to be moving into a new house in about 6 months...and hewill have his own room again (he has been sharing with big brother forabout 2 years). Do you think that this will help with the sleeproutine? It is so exhausting and time consuming trying to get him tobed at night.

ITU My 9 yr old the same and they have him on clondine which hasn't helped too much! SherryMissy <mfilas76@...> wrote: Sleep - how in the world do you get them to do it? It seems like hecan't ever settle down to go to sleep. We have a solid routine, so Iknow it's not that part of it. Do we need to add MORE to the routine?It seems like he can sit there for hours, and talk or whisper tohimself. Up down up down...I can't sleep...I have bad dreams (whenhe's only been in there for about 2 minutes)....but, it seems

likewhen he comes into my bed (which I don't let happen very often), hefalls asleep within about 10 minutes. Could the issue be the nightlight?We are going to be moving into a new house in about 6 months...and hewill have his own room again (he has been sharing with big brother forabout 2 years). Do you think that this will help with the sleeproutine? It is so exhausting and time consuming trying to get him tobed at night.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Oh, my .... I am anxiously awaiting answers on this issue also .... Every night it is such a struggle .... he can be up for hours fiddling around and coming up with every "reason" in the book as to why he needs to be up THIS time.... Jo T. 8 y/o DSMissy <mfilas76@...> wrote: Sleep - how in the world do you get them to do it? It seems like hecan't ever settle down to go to sleep. We have a solid routine, so Iknow it's not that part of it.

Do we need to add MORE to the routine?It seems like he can sit there for hours, and talk or whisper tohimself. Up down up down...I can't sleep...I have bad dreams (whenhe's only been in there for about 2 minutes)....but, it seems likewhen he comes into my bed (which I don't let happen very often), hefalls asleep within about 10 minutes. Could the issue be the nightlight?We are going to be moving into a new house in about 6 months...and hewill have his own room again (he has been sharing with big brother forabout 2 years). Do you think that this will help with the sleeproutine? It is so exhausting and time consuming trying to get him tobed at night.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Don't think it's an AS thing,,,,but all of our kids sleep better if they're in our bed. They have since birth. Until Ian "realized" that he could sleep better on the couch,,,,,,if he was having a bad night, he'd come into ours and him, too, would be asleep in minutes. Heck - whatever works. RobinRudi Van Schoor - COF <Rudi.VanSchoor@...> wrote: Hi

Missy, No rocket scientist, but know that sleeps just as well if he is with us in bed. Have you tried “sleeping” with him in his bed? Lying down with him for about 10-15minutes until he falls asleep? Rudi Van Schoor PMO

Manager The South African Breweries Limited Tel: +27 11 881 8382 Fax: +27 86 681 4272 Mobile: +27 82 920 1385 Email: Rudi.VanSchoorza (DOT) sabmiller.com Disclaimer and Confidentiality NoteThis communication, its attachments, if any, and any rights attaching to it are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of The South

African Breweries Limited (“SAB”). It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only.If you are not the addressee and receive this communication by error, please notify the sender, dispose of this communication immediately and do not disclose or use it in any manner whatsoever. Any views and opinions expressed in this communication are those of the sender. SAB accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting or arising from the use of this communication and/or its attachments.SAB does not warrant the integrity of this communication or that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. For more information about SAB, visit our website at http://www.sabreweries.co.za

Don't think it's an AS thing,,,,but all of our kids sleep better if they're in our bed. They have since birth. Until Ian "realized" that he could sleep better on the couch,,,,,,if he was having a bad night, he'd come into ours and him, too, would be asleep in minutes. Heck - whatever works. RobinRudi Van Schoor - COF <Rudi.VanSchoor@...> wrote: Hi

Missy, No rocket scientist, but know that sleeps just as well if he is with us in bed. Have you tried “sleeping” with him in his bed? Lying down with him for about 10-15minutes until he falls asleep? Rudi Van Schoor PMO

Manager The South African Breweries Limited Tel: +27 11 881 8382 Fax: +27 86 681 4272 Mobile: +27 82 920 1385 Email: Rudi.VanSchoorza (DOT) sabmiller.com Disclaimer and Confidentiality NoteThis communication, its attachments, if any, and any rights attaching to it are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of The South

African Breweries Limited (“SAB”). It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only.If you are not the addressee and receive this communication by error, please notify the sender, dispose of this communication immediately and do not disclose or use it in any manner whatsoever. Any views and opinions expressed in this communication are those of the sender. SAB accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting or arising from the use of this communication and/or its attachments.SAB does not warrant the integrity of this communication or that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. For more information about SAB, visit our website at http://www.sabreweries.co.za

Missy, my son doesn't sleep through the night either, at times. He wakes up because he hears everything, the heat, the ice box, the furnaces turning on. etc... each thing wakes him. even the lights from a car passing and the car. can that be whats going on?.Missy <mfilas76@...> wrote: Sleep - how in the world do you get them to do it? It seems like hecan't ever settle down to go to sleep. We have a solid routine, so Iknow it's not that part of it. Do we need to add MORE to the routine?It seems

like he can sit there for hours, and talk or whisper tohimself. Up down up down...I can't sleep...I have bad dreams (whenhe's only been in there for about 2 minutes)....but, it seems likewhen he comes into my bed (which I don't let happen very often), hefalls asleep within about 10 minutes. Could the issue be the nightlight?We are going to be moving into a new house in about 6 months...and hewill have his own room again (he has been sharing with big brother forabout 2 years). Do you think that this will help with the sleeproutine? It is so exhausting and time consuming trying to get him tobed at night.

On Oct 5, 9:07pm, Rose wrote:

} my son doesn't sleep through the night either, at times. He wakes up

because he hears everything, the heat, the ice box, the furnaces turning on.

etc... each thing wakes him. even the lights from a car passing and the car.

can that be whats going on?.

Could a white noise generator help? I know an autistic kid who has

had good results with one.

Willa

Willa, I never heard of a "white noise generator"? got to google that one.Willa Hunt <willaful@...> wrote: On Oct 5, 9:07pm, Rose wrote:} my son doesn't sleep through the night either, at times. He wakes up because he hears everything, the heat, the ice box, the furnaces turning on. etc... each thing wakes him. even the lights from a car passing and the car. can that be whats going on?.Could a white noise generator help? I know an autistic kid who hashad good results with

one.Willa

Also known as: a fan - hubby uses one year round, an air purifier - one in son's & my bedroom, or anything else that just makes background noise. Rose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Willa, I never heard of a "white noise generator"? got to google that one.Willa Hunt <willafularmory> wrote: On Oct 5, 9:07pm,

Rose wrote:} my son doesn't sleep through the night either, at times. He wakes up because he hears everything, the heat, the ice box, the furnaces turning on. etc... each thing wakes him. even the lights from a car passing and the car. can that be whats going on?.Could a white noise generator help? I know an autistic kid who hashad good results with one.Willa Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Jo T Thanks, Rose"Jo T." <jort2001@...> wrote: Also known as: a fan - hubby uses one year round, an air purifier - one in son's & my bedroom, or anything else that just makes background noise. Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Willa, I never heard of a "white noise

generator"? got to google that one.Willa Hunt <willafularmory> wrote: On Oct 5, 9:07pm, Rose wrote:} my son doesn't sleep through the night either, at times. He wakes up because he hears everything, the heat, the ice box, the furnaces turning on. etc... each thing wakes him. even the lights from a car passing and the car. can that be whats going on?.Could a white noise generator help? I know an autistic kid who hashad good results with one.Willa Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss

a thing. Make your homepage.

} Also known as:

} a fan - hubby uses one year round,

} an air purifier - one in son's & my bedroom,

} or anything else that just makes background noise.

I sleep with a CPAP machine and my husband actually really likes the

background noise it makes - he has trouble sleeping until I put

it on. ;-)

Willa

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

as long as you do not take DL-PA there is no problem with blood

pressure

>

> Wed. morning is my Drs. appointment. Besides any benefits for

COPD, are

> there any concerns

> about high blood pressure which I have? Haven't been able to

find out

> much about it except maybe yes, maybe no. I don't think my Dr. will

know

> Anything about it. He'll bring out his PDR.

>

Guest guest

Thanks Celia and zahiva. that's good to know. Won't be long now b4 I know if he will or won't.

Re: [low dose naltrexone] another question

Don't know what the medic's would know, but I no longer have high blood pressure after starting LDN.......

Celia

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1454 - Release Date: 5/19/2008 7:44 AM

Guest guest

-Hi Cotton,

I hope you go to your doc armed with print-outs from the LDN website.

And he will probably go right to the PDR, as you predict. Mine did,

even though I'd left her a whole packet of info to peruse over the

previous weekend, and flat refused to give me a script, because, she

said, " Naltrexone causes liver damage. " Case closed. She would not

listen when I tried to tell her that in one study a few overweight

alchoholics, who probably had challenged livers to begin with, did

come up with (transient) elevated liver enzymes on doses greater than

300 mg., a far cry from the 4.5 mg. dose of LDN! In low doses, it

might actually protect the liver, according to some reports. I found

another doc!

As for the hypertension, that's anybody's guess, but it seems to me,

that if you get your COPD under control, and are breathing better, you

should have less strain on your cardiovascular system, which reacts to

respiratory distress, no? So your b/p might actually come down. I am

hypertensive, and was having trouble keeping my b/p controlled with

ACE inhibitors and Inderal, but since being on LDN I'm pretty

consistently in a reasonably normal range, with systolic readings in

the 120's, and have found, on a couple of occasions, that about an

hour after my LDN dose it has dropped to 115/60ish.

I am taking LDN, in my 7th week, for fibromyalgia, fatigue, some sort

of neuropathy, arthritis, lichen sclerosis, and psoriasis, and hoping

it will help my gastritis and sinusitis. Yikes, that sounds like Lyme!

I am having less pain in general, more energy, and it has dramatically

reduced the fibro-fog. I'm pretty happy with that!

Welcome aboard, good luck, and let us know how you do.

Konnie

-- In low dose naltrexone , " cotton " <cotteni@...> wrote:

>

> Wed. morning is my Drs. appointment. Besides any benefits for

COPD, are

> there any concerns

> about high blood pressure which I have? Haven't been able to

find out

> much about it except maybe yes, maybe no. I don't think my Dr. will

know

> Anything about it. He'll bring out his PDR.

>

Guest guest

When I started LDN the first month I took 3.0mgs, after that I went

to 4.5mgs without any problems. 4.5mgs is the optimal adult dosage.

Art

--

>

> I mixed 25 mg Nalt. tablet and took my first liquid dose of 1

1/2 last

> night. My question is: I have a

> pretty strong immune system, judging from the fact I never get sick

from

> colds or flu when people all around me do. I take a lot of

supplements. Am

> I like to get the soreness and stiffness I keep reading about or is

that

> mainly for MS and lowered immune systems? I would like to rapidly

move

> to 4.5 mg if I don't get sore. I only have COPD and HBP. Thank

you all

> very much...

>

> cotteni@...

>

Guest guest

Hey Cotton,

When I first started on LDN, two months ago, for fibromyalgia,

psoriasis, idiopathic neuropathies and some other autoimmune

disorders, I increased rapidly, within a week, from 1.5 to 4.5 mg.,

though my doc, (PA) who had never prescribed LDN before, had advised a

slow increase over a month or so. No problem. I figured that if I did

have some side effects, I might as well get that stage over and

done-with is quickly as possible. I only had some interestingly vivid

dreams - still do - and brief minor leg cramps, but I've had leg

cramps before, from the neuropathy, and on LDN they were not so bad.

They have pretty much disappeared., along with my fibro-fog!

I think, from what I read on this list, that the leg cramps seem to be

a problem primarily in folks with MS. And maybe neuropathies.

Funny, isn't it, that for a drug with so few, and such relatively

harmless side effects, we are so attentive to them :-)

I was a bit apprehensive about starting LDN, as many others seem to

be, but the fears were really unwarranted, in my case at least.

Did you have any trouble the first night? Please continue to keep the

group informed of your progress. I should be interesting to see how

LDN works for COPD, and if it has any effect on your b/p.

Best of luck to you.

Konnie

>

> I mixed 25 mg Nalt. tablet and took my first liquid dose of 1 1/2

last

> night. My question is: I have a

> pretty strong immune system, judging from the fact I never get sick

from

> colds or flu when people all around me do. I take a lot of

supplements. Am

> I like to get the soreness and stiffness I keep reading about or is

that