RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Email Address

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone have his email address???? I used to have the AOL one but I cant find it right now so if anyone has it please send it to me. I would really appreciate it.

Tina

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:10 AM, suzybear <sue_in_nj@...> wrote:

Here's that newsletter wrote about in his MOTD. If you sign up now you won't get anything until the November issue.

" Once upon a midnight dreary while I pondered weak and weary...over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore. While I nodded nearly napping...suddenly there came a tapping... as of someone gently rapping...rapping at my chamber door... "

Oh, Hi Everybody! How are all my clubhouse members and website friends this first day of October? Excuse me, I was just reading a little bit of The Raven by Mr. Edgar Poe. He wrote sort of spooky stories...and...well... It's getting to be that time of year, isn't it? Will you be dressing up in a costume for Halloween? Will you be watching a scary movie? Maybe an Alfred Hitchcock move, or an old Price movie? Or maybe something newer! Will you carve a pumpkin? Will it have a happy face, or a scary face?

Yes, October brings scary costumes, scary books, and scary movies...and lots of extra scary calories! Are you haunted by " fun sized " candy bars? What are you afraid of this October? I mean, what are your fears?

I hope you're not afraid to book a Cruise to Lose with me or come to meet me sometime. Are you still watching my calendar to see where I'll be? I'll be on Good Morning America on the 15th, and if anything else comes up, never fear... we'll post it on my calendar. And we love visitors at Slimmons. So nothing to fear there either. And if you're a clubhouse member, I don't want you to be afraid to participate and get to know our other members. Our monthly Auditorium will be October 6th our topic will be " Don't Be Scared, " and if you come 15 minutes early, we'll take a little time to talk about the next Cruise to Lose. Oh and be sure to watch me on a Deen's Show this month. I'll be on a's Party on the Food Network on the 18th. That might be a little scary! You see, we'll both be in our Halloween costumes! LOL! But, I think you'll like it.

I know you're not afraid of my store. But we're scaring up a sale this month! So, be sure to visit my store and see what we've put on sale for you! And to make it even better, we have new lower shipping charges, and faster shipping! So, drop by the store and check it out!

Now, back to what I was saying. What are your real fears? We all have some. Maybe you've overcome some of your fears. But, I bet you still have a few floating around haunting you this October! Do any of your fears make it harder for you to lose weight?

There are several fears that many people let stand in their way when it comes to losing weight. Do any of these sound like you?

You Fear the Unknown!

You've never been a thin person. You've never lived your life that way. You've never been the same size as your friends. You've never been the " thin " one in a group. You've never shopped in a " regular " store for clothes. How will people treat you? Will people see you differently? The thought of all that can be a bit scary!

You Fear Your Loved Ones Won't Like It

Many say this is a fear of theirs. How will your family react? What will your spouse think? How will your boyfriend or girlfriend feel about your weight loss? Will the close people in your life feel threatened by your weight loss? Will they be jealous? Will it change your relationships? Do you have an overweight spouse who thinks you will feel differently about him or her once you are at your goal weight? Can your loved ones handle you living your life differently that what they are used to?

You Fear a Permanent Lifestyle Change

You've been on " diets " before... a week... a month or two. But, you've never made that permanent commitment to change your lifestyle. Maybe you wonder if you are really ready to commit to exercise now. You wonder if you are really ready to give up your days of fast food, and binge eating. You wonder if you are ready to find NEW ways of handling times of stress or depression. And it IS a big commitment.

You Fear Your New Life Won't Be Perfect

You've fallen off the wagon so many times before...maybe you fear you'll do it again. You don't want to risk " blowing it " one more time. What if you don't make it this time? Or maybe you've made plans for your new life, going back to school, new relationships in your life, career changes. Things you think will make you REALLY happy. What if you lose the weight and those other changes don't happen? Or what if they do happen, but you still aren't happy?

So tell me...do you have any of those fears? Do any of those things sound like what you are feeling? Have those feelings stopped you from losing weigh before? I'm not here to tell you your fears are silly. We all have fears, and many are based on our own real life experiences. What I do want to do, is help you work through your fears. So, I want to give you four tips to help you...

1. Think About Your Fears. First I want you to figure out what your fears really are. Like I sad at the start of this newsletter, what ARE you afraid of? You can't tackle your fears until you know what they are. Write them down. Maybe now is a good time to start writing in a journal! Once you've figured out what they are...ask yourself if these fears are real or imaginary. Do you feel this way because of an experience you've had before? If your fear is just something you imagined... Lose that weight and the fears will drop away as you begin to see your own success. But, if your fear is about something you experienced before... face that fear by figuring out NOW how you can handle that situation better than you did last time. If you know what you're going to do, it won't seem so scary.

2. Test Your Fears. If you are fearful about things that may happen when you lose weight, try some of those things now. Don't wait to be hit with them all at once. Try new things as you go! Take a class now! Get a new hairstyle now! Meet new people now! Apply for a new job now! As you succeed at some of these things, you will become less fearful and will begin to see how very exciting it can be to try new things in your life. So set some goals for yourself along the way... not just weight loss goals, but other life goals too!

3. Reward Yourself for Overcoming These Fears. Every time you make it through one of these goals you've set for yourself... every time you put one of your fears to the test... I want you to reward yourself for your accomplishment! No, I didn't say go out to eat! LOL! But, you could buy a new exercise outfit, or get a manicure, or go to a movie. Maybe you'll buy a new book or CD you've been wanting. Maybe you'll even plan a little weekend trip to somewhere you've wanted to go. Or maybe you'll just take an extra long bubble bath. Whatever reward works for you, be sure to plan rewards along the way to acknowledge your own success!

4. Remember Fears Don't Always Become Realities. Much of what we fear never happens! You know that! Try to remember that fact as you are on your weight loss journey. And even if you are fearing something that has happened to you before, history does NOT have to repeat itself...not if you are prepared and approach things differently this time! And what if one of the things you fear DOES happen? Well, you will deal with it, and move on, and keep going. And when you are healthier, you will be better prepared to deal with the problems in your life!

I hope you will think about all of these things this October. Now, I want to give you a special recipe this month...a fall treat for you to enjoy for Halloween.

Pumpkin Ice Cream

(makes 8 servings)

1 quart fat free vanilla ice cream

1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until blended and smooth.

2. Spoon mixture into an airtight container, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours (can be made up to 2 weeks ahead).

3. Let the ice cream soften in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.

Per Serving (1/2 cup):

121 calories, 0 gm fat, 28 gm carbohydrate, 5 mg sodium

FoodMover Windows Per 1/2 cup serving:

1/4 Starch, 1 Dairy

Have you been trying my recipes? Don't be spooked by trying new things! Eating a variety of healthy foods keeps you from getting bored with your program! And if you're a clubhouse member, be sure to remember to check out our new recipes for October on the recipe page. Why don't you email me sometime and let me know what you think of my recipes?

Now, before I go back to reading The Raven... tell me something... Are you going to continue to let your fears sabotage your weight loss? I hope your answer is... " nevermore... "

See you in the clubhouse...

Love,

www..com * 9306 Civic Center Drive * Beverly Hills * CA * 90210