Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Well...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>and went barefoot around the house

> (Sorry, that's ONE FlyLady rule I just don't think I'll be able to

manage!).

You better think of it as a diabetes rule and at least wear slippers.

Guest guest

No reason to, really.

So long as my BGs are in check I don't have issues with healing slowly

or neuropathy it isn't an issue. The whole 'diabetic patients shouldn't

go barefoot' is related to that. My BGs are currently in the " non-

diabetic " range.

I do take multiple medications: Metformin, Avandia, and despite

warnings of increased risk of edema by combining Avandia and Insulin I

also take Levemir (basal insulin) and Novolog (bolus insulin). Since

changing my WOE back to thediabetidiet.com mealplan I've almost gotten

rid of my bolus entirely - I'm down to about 10 units at breakfast and

that's it (some days less) unless I eat one of the fast-food choices

such as a grilled chicken sandwich at Sonic or the Honey Bourbon

Chicken sandwich at Quiznos. The sandwich at Sonic was SO not worth it.

But the Honey Bourbon Chicken sandwich is YUM YUM! It's a bit carbier,

and it's 'fast acting' carbs from the bread and the sauce, so I have to

cover it since my pancreas doesn't kick in in time to prevent a steep

rise.

As I lose weight, my basal insulin resistance will also likely drop,

necessitating that I make continuous changes to my medications.

Currently I'm checking my BGs before eating, and 1 and 2 hours after

each meal while I figure out which meals work best (some still shoot me

up a bit higher than others).

SulaBlue

> You better think of it as a diabetes rule and at least wear slippers.

>

Guest guest

What caused the leak in the first place? What other procedure could your Neurologist do?Get more rest! JenFrom: A. M. <plantpowered@...>Subject: well... Date: Friday, November 4, 2011, 3:44 PM

I just got a follow up call from my neurologist, and it looks like the problem is still there. I have very low CSF pressure still. It showed up on all the scans and tests. I told him I had been feeling better, but he cautioned me to go slower, and to follow up with him in a couple of weeks. One of two things: it either is getting better, or maybe it seemed better because of all that time in bed, but either way, I'm to take things really slow. I was getting ready to ramp it up a little.

If this is still going on in a couple of weeks, there's another procedure. OK. Last night I noticed my hearing problem was as bad as ever, and that's my canary in the coal mine.

OK then. I'm going to go wrap my mind around this challenge. Peace out,

Guest guest

Did you have a bad headache when you were diagnosed? JenFrom: A. M. <plantpowered@...>Subject: well... Date: Friday, November 4, 2011, 3:44 PM

I just got a follow up call from my neurologist, and it looks like the problem is still there. I have very low CSF pressure still. It showed up on all the scans and tests. I told him I had been feeling better, but he cautioned me to go slower, and to follow up with him in a couple of weeks. One of two things: it either is getting better, or maybe it seemed better because of all that time in bed, but either way, I'm to take things really slow. I was getting ready to ramp it up a little.

If this is still going on in a couple of weeks, there's another procedure. OK. Last night I noticed my hearing problem was as bad as ever, and that's my canary in the coal mine.

Guest guest

One place online said that you should have complete bed-rest...did you do that? I know online isn't always accurate but bed-rest makes sense to me. Jen

Guest guest

I read that the blood patch is a blood clot that they use to plug the leak...but why would they do another lumbar puncture?Curious like my cats, Jen

Guest guest

More ((HUGS)) for a quick resolution to all this!Donna

OK then. I'm going to go wrap my mind around this challenge.

Peace out,

Guest guest

More ((HUGS)) for a quick resolution to all this!Donna

OK then. I'm going to go wrap my mind around this challenge.

Peace out,