RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

's MOTD Jan 1, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily Message MondayJanuary 01, 2007WHAT`S NEW?

When I was younger, I remember my parents getting all dressed up and coming into our bedroom to kiss Lenny and me goodnight. Shirley would always be in a beautiful black gown to the floor. She would wear her hair up in a French twist, and there by her ear, she would wear white flowers, like orchids or gardenias. Her nails and toes were painted candy apple red with red, shiny lips to match, and Leonard wore a black tuxedo with a starched white shirt and a perfectly tied black bowtie. He would slick his hair back and shine his shoes, and yes, you could see your reflection in them! Boy, did they make a handsome couple! Sadie, our next door neighbor, would baby sit us while mom and dad dined finely and danced to a live orchestra.

As we got older, my parents dressed us up and took us out to celebrate the New Year. They would order a glass of champagne and Roy for me and Lenny. We would always spend New Year`s Eve at Arnaud`s, and boy, did they cook some special Creole dishes. For dessert, there was Cherries Jubilee, served with vanilla ice cream and shavings of milk chocolate.

The Maitre D` would say, "Everybody, it`s almost time! Get up and raise your glasses! 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…." and everyone would scream, blow their horns, and hug each other. Oh, what exciting evenings we spent with Leonard and Shirley. I always made it home to spend time with my parents, and we continued our traditional visit to Arnuad`s every New Year`s Eve.

Now my New Year`s Eves are a lot quieter. I love being home with the babies. Last night, I read a lot of emails, did some writing, and spent a bit of time on the phone offering people hope for this New Year. And at about 11:30 last night, I bundled myself up and took the dogs out on the balcony and marveled at the sky and the millions of lights twinkling in the cold air. I thought about my parents looking so stunning as they went to celebrate "out with the old and in with the new"! I thought about toasting everybody in the restaurant with my Roy , and I thought how happy I was to be alive to celebrate this new beginning!

Happy New Year`s to you, my friend.

Love,