RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MOTD Mon July 3, 2006

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily MessageMondayJuly 03, 2006

ARE YOU SCARED?

Are you scared about being around all that food tomorrow? As a kid, I was scared because I wanted to eat it all! Both of my parents started cooking the 4th of July eve. Up first was the making of the deviled eggs. After the eggs were boiled and slightly cooled, I would be in charge of peeling off the eggshell. Glamorous job, huh? I would sit there and watch my father mix all of his special ingredients together. He`d add a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, of course.

At the same time, Shirley would start making her potato salad. Before the potatoes were boiled, my job was to peel the potatoes. I felt like I was in the navy at age 10! My father always made his famous chocolate cake with white icing, and he would decorate the top of the cake with fireworks made of red, white, and blue frosting.

When everything was made that had to be fixed the night before, the kitchen was cleaned, and off to bed we went. In the middle of the night, I would tiptoe into the kitchen and quietly open the fridge door. I would stand there and look at all the holiday food, especially those deviled eggs! Oh, I wanted one so badly. Where`s my first bite, the white or the yolk? But I couldn`t have one, because I knew my father counted them. LOL!

I would find my way back to my bed and stay up half the night being afraid of tomorrow. I would think to myself, "I am so fat now, and if I binge tomorrow, I`ll even be fatter." I would relive other 4ths and think how much I ate at all of them. I would always tell myself that this 4th would be different, but it never was. I always overate.

Are you a bit nervous about tomorrow? I know you`ll be around family and friends, and I also know there will be some of your favorite foods on the buffet table. I know you will definitely be tempted by all the dishes that helped you gain weight in the first place. This is where your discipline comes in!

Today, prepare yourself for the festivities of tomorrow, and tomorrow when you're standing in front of that table, look over every dish twice before you put anything on your plate!

Can I come over to your house tomorrow?

Love,