Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MOTD Fri 5/12/2006

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://richardsimmons.com/messageoftheday.php

's Daily MessageFridayMay 12, 2006

THE FAT TRAP

We`re trapped, and you know it! We are trapped to love food and think about it from morning till night. You sit down at breakfast with the newspaper. You read about all the wars, the killings – all the sad things that are happening all over the world, and on the next page is a color ad of the specials your local supermarket is offering today. Jumbo beef ribs for only $2.50 a pound, and your choice of Mother`s Homemade Frozen Pies that include apple, pumpkin, and cherry, 3 for $6.50.

When you go to work, there are billboards along the highways and byways of America. Many of them are billboards with pictures of food on them. And oh, how that food looks so good 6-8 feet high! My favorites are the hamburger ads by Mc`s and Burger King. They hire the best photographers to do these pictures! How is one supposed to drive safely when there are all these images to taunt us?

And no matter which radio station you listen to, food advertisers spend millions and millions of dollars to promote their food delicacies between tunes. You go to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned, and while you`re waiting, you read a magazine. There are at least 40 pages of food ads. Don`t all those children look happy while staring at that big blue bowl of macaroni and cheese?

Upon returning home, you kick off your shoes, lie on the couch, turn on the TV and there in living color are food commercials to whet your appetite and make you drool down your chin. I personally love the Hometown Buffet commercials. Goodness, they must have a lot of chefs back in their kitchen, because they serve so many different dishes! Ten salads, 5 soups, 20 entrees, 500 desserts. (Okay… not that many!) Now you can buy a 24 hour pass to Hometown Buffet. They are now building apartments over all their stores. Now that's convenience! Alright, I was kidding about that, too, but I`m not kidding about my whole trapped theory.

The food conglomerates know our weaknesses. They know what foods will tempt us. They also know we can gain a whole lot of weight by falling madly in love with their products.

Be careful this weekend, my friends!

Love,