RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MOTD Tue 3/28/2006

Rate this topic

Guest guest

's Daily MessageTuesdayMarch 28, 2006

P.B.

I just adore breakfast! Oh, I have nothing against lunch and dinner, but when the morning comes, I`m like a tiger on the hunt or a bear in the wilderness. In other words, I am famished! As I go down the stairs, I think about what POWER BREAKFAST will start my day. When I think what I used to eat in the morning, I can`t imagine eating that much food in one sitting anymore!

I`ve never been one to skip breakfast. You know I get up early, and sometimes I`m eating my breakfast at 5:00 in the morning. The first thing I have is a piece of fruit. Have you tasted the new crop of Florida pink, almost red grapefruits? I cut one open, and then I take a grapefruit knife that I bought from my friend Lillian Vernon and section it off. Sometimes I have it cold, and other times, I grill them. I turn on my toaster oven and broil for 8-10 minutes. Oh, I want some now!

Then I have my set menus to choose from. Within minutes, I can whip up an egg white or egg beater omelet with parmesan cheese and fresh cut up chives. On certain days, I have cold cereal. Growing up, I knew the names and could sing the jingles of every cereal out there. My favorites were Sugar Pops and Sugar Smacks. Once I brought home some bran flake cereal, and I threw it out because it looked like these flakes had been mistreated. Little did I know! LOL! My cereals are basic – no nuts, no dried fruit, no shredded coconut – just plain and simple, served with sliced bananas or blueberries and fat free or soy milk.

I have oatmeal 2 times a week. Quaker Oat is my friend. In 5 minutes, it is ready to be sprinkled with dark brown sugar and a few sprays of "I Can`t Believe It`s Not Butter." On the weekends, I have half a bagel with fat free cream cheese or a few silver dollar pancakes, adorned with a few teaspoons of pure maple syrup from Vermont. I don`t put greasy meats and greasy potatoes on my breakfast menu. All that grease slows you down. I want nothing in my body that slows me down!

If you want to do the SlimAway program right, then do it right! Remember, breakfast rulz! ;-)

Love,