RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Getting Better and Better

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I'm so happy for you! That far is so great! It's ok that you didn't do it at a fast rate. You did it and you even increased your distance. Try sticking with just leisurely walking like that for about a week or two then maybe speed it up a little after a couple weeks. I bet you will even sleep better tonight. I know I always do after I get a lot of exercise. I hope you are enjoying it. Keep us posted as to how it comes along:)

~:~The Personal Touch~:~Tags, Stats, or anything else personalized with your name.Everything here is personalized!http://free.hostdepartment.com/t/thepersonaltouchMy Personal Web Site

Getting Better and Better

Hi there friends,

Well, I am getting better and better I believe. Last time I went over to the track across the street from my apartment I was only able to walk around it once. Well, today I walked from my apartment to the track around the track twice and back to my apartment. All without stopping. I am so excited!!! It feels good to be able to do things that I previously couldn't do. I am really tired now though, but it is a good tired. It is 0.8 miles around the track one time, so that means I walked a little over 1.6 miles, because I had to walk from my apartment to the track and back. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I don't know if it is going to help me lose weight, because I couldn't walk it at a fast rate, but at least I was able to do it. My calves were hurting the first time around, but the second time around they didn't hurt so much. You would think it would be the other way around. Well, just wanted to share my excitement with you all. Thanks for listening.

340/300.1/299

Guest guest

Happy Dance For . Keep pushing yourself and you will see huge leaps.

NH... Mom to Abby Liz 10/94 Anne 7/99

Guest guest

> I walked from my apartment to the track around the track twice and back to

my apartment. All without stopping. I am so excited!!!

Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

> I don't know if it is going to help me lose weight,

Don't think of it like that. Your heart is getting healthier, your muscles

and tendons are getting more flexible, your lungs are getting more oxygen

into them and spreading it around your body, and you got those endorphins

flowing and you feel good about your self! You sound like you're positively

*glowing*, and what could be better than that? :)

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

That is so wonderful. I'm excited for you. And you have every right to be excited. That is not a little thing you did. Did you do any stretching before you started walking. Was just thinking maybe that is why your calves hurt the first time around. Anyway, each time you will be able to do more. Way to go.

hugs

Marla -----Original Message-----

100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

, that's great! And according to everything I've read on

exercise, if it was a high enough intensity to get you breathing hard,

it WILL help you lose weight. You should be really proud of

yourself--that's quite an accomplishment! :)

-Bonnie

Guest guest

Hi Marla, I didn't do any stretches before walking. On the Walk Away The Pounds videos the lady on there says that she thinks stretching before exercising isn't a good idea, because the muscles are to cold. So that is why I didn't do that. Do you think I should stretch before walking? If that would help I might just do that. 340/300.1/299 Re: Getting Better and Better, That is so wonderful. I'm excited for you. And you have every right to be excited. That is not a little thing you did. Did you do any stretching before you started walking. Was just thinking maybe that is why your calves hurt the first time around. Anyway, each time you will be able to do more. Way to go. hugsMarla -----Original Message----- 100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

I always heard that working out with tight muscles wasn't good, that it could cause cramping. If I recall doesn't she do some warmups, or at least walking at a slower pace in the begining. I would try some simple stretches and see if it makes a difference. Just mho.

hugs

Marla Re: Getting Better and Better

Hi Marla,

I didn't do any stretches before walking. On the Walk Away The Pounds videos the lady on there says that she thinks stretching before exercising isn't a good idea, because the muscles are to cold. So that is why I didn't do that. Do you think I should stretch before walking? If that would help I might just do that.

340/300.1/299

100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

Debbie-Had the same situation going on in my living environment. Very weird. I think I tiny bug wrapped itself in the clothing fibers.AandrayaOn Oct 12, 2011, at 8:18 PM, debbie wrote: I have had a gradual decline in symptoms since this started over a year ago.. There has been a lot of stages to this that is very hard to explain. I used the borax, peroxide and alcohol as well as getting rid of all my knit blankets and rugs. The little hairballs// or whatever they were would get on clothes and attach on socks from walking on the floors. The one main thing i found for my situation, was to take a spray bottle with alcohol and spray all the seams and wastebands of my pants. At one time all my clothes were loaded with these little fiberballs. After time these all became nonexistant but i still use on clothes in case. I still feel an occasional sting but it must be from inside and hardly happens. I did have to have an MRI and i also had radiation treatments so that might of helped the internal part. I also got fired from my job so dont have the work infecting me and i also had to move because i rented my apt. through my employer. I also got rid of my cat. So hopefully all ive just been through was for a great purpose of helping me to heal. I can only pray that it all stays away. Im feeling soo much better. Ive actually started spending time with family again. Have hope