implants. Also, manufacturers used to pay doctors to return

them. And everyone has a scar capsule.

Lynda

At 06:43 PM 8/21/2006, you wrote:

>I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During

>the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me

>( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to

>FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about

>the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants.

>Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they

>looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and

>didn't get a good look.

>

>Thanks

>

>

>

>

>Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com.

><http://us.rd./evt=42974/*http://www./preview>Check it out.

>

Is there a way that I can see if the capsule is still there? I specifically requested it be removed and it states that I was to have a capsulectomy in my contract. Lynda <coss@...> wrote: No, there are no new FDA regulations, and the implants are yours, you paid for them. Call and insist that they be returned to you immediately. This doctor lied to you.This is a game that many doctors play when they see problems in the implants. Also, manufacturers used to pay doctors

to return them. And everyone has a scar capsule.LyndaAt 06:43 PM 8/21/2006, you wrote:>I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During >the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me >( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to >FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about >the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. >Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they >looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and >didn't get a good look.>>Thanks>>>>>Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. ><http://us.rd./evt=42974/*http://www./preview>Check it

out.>

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

I am anxious to hear everyone's reply to you . I wish I knew the

answer - just wanted to say it's good to hear you are back and got

them out.

--- In , funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...>

wrote:

>

> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During

the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me

( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to

FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about

the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants.

Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they

looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and

didn't get a good look.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

>

Thanks . I am in no pain really - except for a headache. I am going to call the doc tomorrow morning and request those implants back right away. Maybe they thought I was going to sue someone or something. I just want to see what they looked like at time of implant and see if I had anything on or in them that would make me sick. Emerald Kittee <emeraldkittee@...> wrote: I am anxious to hear everyone's reply to you . I wish I knew the answer - just wanted to say it's

good to hear you are back and got them out.>> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it

out.>

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

Uh, oh, I would not be happy with this treatment. A picture of implants could be anyone's implants! You have every right to take those implants with you. Owning or possessing implants in your home is not a violation of any FDA regulations, that's baloney! I would have probably demanded the implants, if you had intended to send them off for analysis. As it stands, you will probably not have any chance to have those analyzed for fungal or bacterial growth. You might want to give them a call and do whatever you can to get them back, though I find it unrealistic to expect to get them. But they should not have treated you this way. As for the capsule, how long did you have your implants? If you had them a short period of time, you may have had a tissue paper thin capsule, but if you had them longer than that, it is almost certain that you would have had a

capsule that was thicker and needed to be removed. Every person will develop a scar capsule. It is a normal body response to a foreign object. By telling you that you didn't have one, they are being very misleading! You had one--the question is, how thick was it? Were you very confident that this surgeon was going to do a good job when you had your consult? It is so important to make sure they clearly understand your objectives! Otherwise they pull this kind of crap. Hopefully you will experience healing regardless, but here's what you need to do. Get a copy of your operative report. There is going to be a discussion of how they took the implants out, and if they are at all skilled and ethical, there will be a discussion of how the surgeon dissected the capsule to get to the implant. Read through that report for any signs of discussion of the capsule and to see exactly what they

did. Pattyfunx2sweet <funx2sweet@...> wrote: I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said

before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. Thanks Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

I have had them in since Jan of 1999. I assumed I would have scar tissue and I was very clear as to what I wanted at the consultation. The PS at time of consultation said of course I could have the implants back. He said - kind of joking - that I paid for them, that I could have them certainly. Tricia Trish <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: Uh, oh, I would not be happy with this treatment. A picture of implants could be anyone's implants! You have every right to take those implants

with you. Owning or possessing implants in your home is not a violation of any FDA regulations, that's baloney! I would have probably demanded the implants, if you had intended to send them off for analysis. As it stands, you will probably not have any chance to have those analyzed for fungal or bacterial growth. You might want to give them a call and do whatever you can to get them back, though I find it unrealistic to expect to get them. But they should not have treated you this way. As for the capsule, how long did you have your implants? If you had them a short period of time, you may have had a tissue paper thin capsule, but if you had them longer than that, it is almost certain that you would have had a capsule that was thicker and needed to be removed. Every person will develop a scar capsule. It is a normal body response to a foreign object. By

telling you that you didn't have one, they are being very misleading! You had one--the question is, how thick was it? Were you very confident that this surgeon was going to do a good job when you had your consult? It is so important to make sure they clearly understand your objectives! Otherwise they pull this kind of crap. Hopefully you will experience healing regardless, but here's what you need to do. Get a copy of your operative report. There is going to be a discussion of how they took the implants out, and if they are at all skilled and ethical, there will be a discussion of how the surgeon dissected the capsule to get to the implant. Read through that report for any signs of discussion of the capsule and to see exactly what they did. Pattyfunx2sweet <funx2sweet > wrote: I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. Thanks Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out. How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

I would be that in almost 7 years, you had a thick enough scar capsule that they would have had no problem seeing it, and would definitely had to cut though it to get to the implant. It sounds like this office has people who like to hide the truth! Pattyfunx2sweet <funx2sweet@...> wrote: I have had them in since Jan of 1999. I assumed I would have scar tissue and I was very clear as to what I wanted at the consultation. The PS at time of consultation said of course I could have the implants

back. He said - kind of joking - that I paid for them, that I could have them certainly. Tricia Trish <glory2glory1401 > wrote: Uh, oh, I would not be happy with this treatment. A picture of implants could be anyone's implants! You have every right to take those implants with you. Owning or possessing implants in your home is not a violation of any FDA regulations, that's baloney! I would have probably demanded the implants, if you had intended to send them off for analysis. As it stands, you will probably not have any chance to have those analyzed for fungal or bacterial growth. You might want to give them a call and do whatever you can to get them back, though I find it unrealistic to expect to get them. But

they should not have treated you this way. As for the capsule, how long did you have your implants? If you had them a short period of time, you may have had a tissue paper thin capsule, but if you had them longer than that, it is almost certain that you would have had a capsule that was thicker and needed to be removed. Every person will develop a scar capsule. It is a normal body response to a foreign object. By telling you that you didn't have one, they are being very misleading! You had one--the question is, how thick was it? Were you very confident that this surgeon was going to do a good job when you had your consult? It is so important to make sure they clearly understand your objectives! Otherwise they pull this kind of crap. Hopefully you will experience healing regardless, but here's what you need to do. Get a copy of your operative report.

There is going to be a discussion of how they took the implants out, and if they are at all skilled and ethical, there will be a discussion of how the surgeon dissected the capsule to get to the implant. Read through that report for any signs of discussion of the capsule and to see exactly what they did. Pattyfunx2sweet <funx2sweet > wrote: I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said

before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. Thanks Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out. How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. Get your email and more, right on the new .com

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

I think that is outrageous. As the doctor's office WHAT " FDA regulation "

prohibits them

from giving you your implants. That's just bull hockey. I got my implants 2

years ago,

and I know someone very recently who did as well. What they told you is simply

untrue.

And, I do not believe either that you had no capsule. Even if it is very thin,

you likely had

some capsule.

the time of

consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in

their

paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have

them. After

surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my

implants.

Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked

almost new.

Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

Yes, and remember -- a 'capsulotomy' is cutting into, but not removing, the

capsule.

A capsulectomy is removing the capsule.

I have seen 'capsulotomy' on records where women thought they had their capsules

removed.

> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the

time of

consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in

their

paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have

them. After

surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my

implants.

Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked

almost new.

Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

>

>

>

> Get your email and more, right on the new .com

>

I called and left a message with the PS telling them that I wanted the implants back and that I or my husband would be there tomorrow. I WAS groggy but I am sure the implants in the pic were washed off or something. They looked clear and like new. I wanted a pic of both the capsule and the implant right after removal. Molly Bloom <mollyb54@...> wrote: I think that is outrageous. As the doctor's office WHAT "FDA regulation" prohibits them from giving you your implants. That's just bull

hockey. I got my implants 2 years ago, and I know someone very recently who did as well. What they told you is simply untrue.And, I do not believe either that you had no capsule. Even if it is very thin, you likely had some capsule.> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. > > Thanks>

> > > ---------------------------------> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out. > > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

I have my paperwork right here and it says capsulectomy so they should have done it. I was just wondering if there could possibly be some reason that I didn't have one. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what they have to say tomorrow. I feel like I will start yelling at the top of my lungs if they don't give my implants back or at least show me ALL pics from surgery and give me the notes. Molly Bloom <mollyb54@...> wrote: Yes, and remember -- a 'capsulotomy'

is cutting into, but not removing, the capsule. A capsulectomy is removing the capsule.I have seen 'capsulotomy' on records where women thought they had their capsules removed.> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA

regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. > > Thanks> > > > ---------------------------------> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out. > > > > > > ---------------------------------> How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. > > > > > ---------------------------------> Get your email and more, right on the new .com>

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

, They usually send a portion of the capsules to their favorite pathologist to see what's in them . . . their pathologists don't do the indept testing that Dr. Blais does. I would be very upset with this doc! . . . .Any chance you were to groggy to understand him clearly? . . Did he use drains? Rogene

Ditto from me regarding everything Patty and Molly have said here.

I hope you are successful in getting your implants. If you have

your operative report from your implantation, you can at least match

the make and model.

Suggestions:

- Some surgeons video tape their surgeries. You may want to ask

them if they did this during yours. If so, ask for a copy, ask to

see it.

- Ask him for a copy of his operative report from the explant.

Considering how you have been treated, I hope you do not hit a brick

wall here.

You own your implants. Not the surgeon.

Good Luck !

> > I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this

morning. During the time of

> consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it

is even in their

> paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I

couldn't have them. After

> surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have

one around my implants.

> Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and

they looked almost new.

> Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good

look.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-

Phone call rates.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Get your email and more, right on the new .com

> >

>

Good for you! And if they pull the c*** about the FDA prohibits it...point out

to them that

you know a number of women who have had their implants returned, and have heard

nothing. As her to back it up. And be firm about getting the implants.

In fact, I would bring something to carry them home in - anyone else have an

idea here?

What do the rest of you think?

And as Patty or Rogene suggested, make sure you get a copy of the operative

report AND

the pathology report.

It could be, and I'm hoping this is the case, the dr has a lousy admin. who just

wanted to

tell you anything to get you to stop asking questions she didn't want to deal

with.

Of course, you may want to go higher and speak to the doctor about it...

Also, I agree with you - would be nice to see the way they looked right out of

your body.

Ask them for photos then!

> > I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time

of

> consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in

their

> paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have

them. After

> surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around

my

implants.

> Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked

almost

new.

> Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > How low will we go? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done

faster.

>

this sounds crazy to me..... they are yours - you paid for them in more then one way.... my original ps tried t say if he took them out I couldn't have them due to some weird regulation w the FDA... they were Biohaz. material and had to be disposed of....I later found out from one of his ex employees that the manufacturers he used had a deal w/ him.... a bogey so to speak for every implant he removed and returned he got a $$$ figure back from them.. this way there were no lawsuits, no implants being analyzed, etc.... the manufactures wanted hem back to avoid any conflicts. I found this out through the PS I did use, 2 months after my consult with him as his "new" employee there was the old employee from the other PS.....When i asked the new PS the same question - just 2 months or so after I asked the other one - he said - "sure - they are yours... you can do what you want with them...." I mentioned this when she came in to help me dress which is when she shared this story....

I would call that Hospital immediately - you should have every right to those implants and having them analyzed so you can get the proper treatment you need.... I have heard of no such FDA crap.....

This is too bad.... the are still playing games with our lives and trying to win.....

shari

sorry... forgot one point

as far as the capsule goes....

the capsule - is your bodies scar tissue that grows immediately to hold the implants in place... the original PS used it to explain to me why the implant do not float around.... I can not imagine unless you were implanted a few days ago that there is no capsule...your body is always forming scar tissue... just like when you get a cut w/ a razor... within a week - a scab... scar tissue....

It is your bodies way of fighting the foreign object.... forming a barrier around the implant.... it also - per my al knowing PS is what keeps it in place -"let is get too thick and it is painful = hence the massaging..." There has got to be something there - maybe it is thin but this guy sounds full of crapola to me.....

shari

, I'm very happy for you that you have those toxic killers out of

your body!! As for them saying you couldn't have your implants, I'm

not sure about the U.S., but in Canada if you paid for them, they're

yours. So I think they have done you an injustice, to say the

least. How long did you have them? Mine looked all dark yellow

(shells) and black and grey blotches all inside. They were 20 years

old -- saline outer, silicone gel inner.

Love & Healing Prayers,

Sunny :)

--- In , funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...>

wrote:

>

the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me

( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to

FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about

the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants.

Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they

looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and

didn't get a good look.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

Rogene, I thought of the fact that I was a bit out of it and called them this morning. The nurse said that there was no capsule at all and told me that some people do not have one because their body had no trauma from the implants and the only reason a capsule forms is due to infection. For now, I am going to just be glad the implants are out and concentrate on healing. After I have healed from the surgery, I plan on going to another doctor to see if they can tell me if the capsule is still in. Thanks Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: , They usually send a portion of the capsules to their favorite pathologist to see what's in them . . . their pathologists don't do the indept testing that Dr. Blais does. I would be very upset with this doc! . . . .Any chance you were to groggy to understand him clearly? . . Did he use drains? Rogene

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Hi Sunny, I have had mine for almost 7 years. They insist that FDA rules that you can't have them. They also informed me that they were destroyed already when I spoke to them this morning. When I go in next Monday for my check and removal of my surgical bra, I will ask to see the reports and and photos. Thanks Sunny <wellnessnow@...> wrote: , I'm very happy for you that you have those toxic killers out of your

body!! As for them saying you couldn't have your implants, I'm not sure about the U.S., but in Canada if you paid for them, they're yours. So I think they have done you an injustice, to say the least. How long did you have them? Mine looked all dark yellow (shells) and black and grey blotches all inside. They were 20 years old -- saline outer, silicone gel inner.Love & Healing Prayers,Sunny :)>> I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants. Can that be

right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and didn't get a good look. > > Thanks> > > > > ---------------------------------> Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.>

They are soooooooo full of it! . . . I'm sorry! How are you feeling? Benson is with the FDA . . . she should answer my question. You might write to her and tell her about your experience . . . Doctor's name, etc. Whole story! . . . phone number, etc., etc. , etc. . . . Ask her to call him! Rogene funx2sweet <funx2sweet@...> wrote: Rogene, I thought of the fact that I was a bit out of it and called them this morning. The nurse said that there was no capsule at all and told me that some people do not have one because their body had no trauma from the implants and the only reason a capsule forms is due to infection. For now, I am going to just be glad the implants are out and concentrate on healing. After I have healed from the surgery, I plan on going to another doctor to see if they can tell me if the capsule is still in. Thanks Rogene S <saxony01 > wrote: , They usually send a portion of the capsules to their favorite pathologist to see what's in them . . . their pathologists don't do the indept

testing that Dr. Blais does. I would be very upset with this doc! . . . .Any chance you were to groggy to understand him clearly? . . Did he use drains? Rogene Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Llisa,

I would still ask them to show you the 'rules'. Or call the FDA. I think they

are lying to

you. I would be furious. Heck I am furious just thinking about your situation.

> >

> > I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning. During

> the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with me

> ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due to

> FDA regulations, I couldn't have them. After surgery, I asked about

> the capsule and was told that I didn't have one around my implants.

> Can that be right? They also showed me a pic of my implants and they

> looked almost new. Of course, as I said before, I was groggy and

> didn't get a good look.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done

faster.

>

> >

> > I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning.

During

> the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with

me

> ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due

to

they

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > ,

This is just me I would contact an attorney.I have pre-paid legal, I

pay a monthly fee and if I have a problem with anything like this or

traffice matters, and other things. I would contact someone right

away if they don't cough up the implants. Or they will not have them

much longer.Thses implants are your proof.

Terri P

> > Hawaii

> >

> >

>

> >

> > I had my surgery to remove my saline implants this morning.

During

> the time of consultation, they said I could take my implants with

me

> ( and it is even in their paperwork). This morning, they said due

to

they

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>