RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Epsom salt, clorox & Raid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm so glad that the Epsom salt is helping you. When I and my husband started using the Epsom salt dried on to the skin along with the Clorox we were able to beat the "things" down to a point where we could clean them out of our house. Also I have been getting some good reports on the Raid ant and roach spray with fragrance. Seems it can kill what ever the thing is that some are battling. The down side to the Raid is that the spray comes out so fast that it seems to take one full can per room. To do the ceiling, floor and walls the spray comes out so fast that one can runs out before two average size rooms can be down. So it seems that spraying one can of the Raid to each room, making sure to cover all walls, ceiling, floors, etc........sprayed every 3 days for 4 times and the things are pretty much dead. It's a fight for sure and we need all the weapons we can get our hands on. Hope you keep seeing improvement. Rita

I'm so sorry, Everyone -

I have received several extremely compassionate emails from people whom I impressed, with my last post, that I was in current emotional emergency condition. This is not true at all. And I am so very sorry that my message conveyedthings as such. The situation of which I spoke happened 8 years ago. And any urgency with this condition has beensince resolved to an annoying inconvenience with which I live daily. Since members have asked, I used *Revolution* an ivermectin product called 'sealamectin' which my vet recommendedto me immediately when it first came out - about 8 years ago. He said it isn't even considered an insecticide. He recommended it for my dogs and cats. It absolutely and completely eliminates fleas, most ticks, all ear mites, internalparasites including tape worms, both Demodectic and Sarcoptic manges. Here is a link:http://www.revolutionpet.com It's made by Pfizer. I had used it for years on all my pets, even tiny baby canaries, with no visible negative effectswhatsoever, and it got rid of every nuisance parasite I was targeting. So I rubbed the tip of it on one of the opensores that I believed was from some kind of bug living under my skin in the upper region of the fatty tissue. I had seen every dermatologist in town and had every diagnosis BUT some kind of parasite. And nothing prescribed didanything but activate and spread it further. When I rubbed the tiniest bit of Revolution directly on the spot, it began to heal up. So I continued for two more years, applying Revolution every time I itched. It did greatly improve the infestation, to the point that I could sleepand get through the days. But I was so terribly concerned about the stress on my liver of constantly rubbing a toxinon myself. I finally stopped. It was under control enough by then that it did stay at that current level of reducedmisery.======Here is some information I found on Revolution:

Selamectin (Revolution)

Mode of Action: Selamectin kills parasites by blocking nerve signal transmissions. Revolution enters the bloodstream through the skin. It then stays in the bloodstream protecting against heartworm disease, passes into the gastrointestinal tract where it can kill certain intestinal parasites, and passes into the sebaceous glands and then onto the hair and skin providing protection against fleas and certain mites and ticks.

Use: Selamectin is a topical insecticide used for the treatment and prevention of fleas, ear mites, some internal parasites, and some types of mites and ticks; and the prevention of heartworm disease. Over 98% of fleas on the pet are killed within 36 hours of application. Once in contact with Revolution, fleas will not lay viable eggs.

Safety: Selamectin is safe to use on collies, breeding males and females, and pregnant and nursing females. Do not use it on kittens or puppies less than 6 weeks of age. Use caution in using it on sick, weak, or underweight animals, or animals with broken or irritated skin.

=========================

Then I discovered the wonderful product, Nature's Best - Enzyme Scabies Treatment! It is so non-toxic that the worst

warning on the label is that when it is applied be careful not to fall as it is slippery!!! I gained significant relief from this

outstanding solution. And they have an upholstery spray too. Here is a link:

http://www.naturesbestenzyme.com/

Right now, since the mother hen (I had about 10 cute little chickens before this hen brought 16 chicks back, all infested

with mites), re-introduced this new scourge, I am having the least expensive and total success with the epsom salts.

I bathe in a hot tub dosed heavily with epsom salts, immediately with any itching. I keep a spray bottle full of a verystrong solution of it, at the ready at all times. Any itching? I spray a handful of the epsom salts solution into my cuppedpalm and apply a soaking wet layer of it to the whole area! I keep a tub of epsom salt and clorox mixed with water at the door and step into it instead of on my floors. I remove myshoes (flip flops) under the water, wet down my feet and ankles, and step onto a throw rug before I enter my home.I have sprayed every layer of sheet, pillow, and blanket on my bed so that they were totally damp with the epsom salt solution, and let it all dry before bedtime. All the bedding is stiff with the dried salt solution, but no buggies searchingfor a drink out of my eyes at 3am! Yea! I send out the most beautiful of Blessings to the person who posted about the epsom salts remedy!!!! This is better andfar less toxic and expensive than any thing else I have tried in ten years. I think the salt covering will also draw out anyimpurities in my skin too. No detriments outside of the white powder dropping all over my keyboard and everything else in the house, and feeling gritty and dried out all the time. And I can deal with those far better than creepy crawlies!Willow=====================

Mites might cause mighty problems - Skin Disorders - Demodex mites linked to human skin diseases

USA Today (Society for the Advancement of Education), Feb, 2004

You are not alone. Most individuals have millions of mites living in their hair and on their skin. These microscopic bugs may be linked to thinning hair, acne, and other skin conditions. "Many people don't like the idea of bugs living in their hair or on their skin, and some get really bent out of shape just thinking about it," says Jerry , professor of entomology, University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Gainesville. "For some folks, it's enough to make [their] skin crawl. And bathing won't wash them off."

Known as the Demodex mite, the bug lives in the hair follicles of 96-98% of people and feeds on oils, hormones, and fluids around the follicle. has counted as many as 25 mites in a single hair follicle. These itty-bitty insects usually are harmless and live in balance with their human hosts. High populations of mites, however, can initiate a variety of problems. "When something causes the mites to reproduce at a higher rate, they can break out of the hair follicle and may cause acne, hair loss, and [various] skin conditions. In some cases, the interaction with mites causes skin to actually slough off."

Studies show the mini-mite to be associated with numerous types of skin complications, but researchers are reluctant to conclude they are a direct cause of those situations. While Demodex may cause certain problems, it also is possible specific skin conditions become a breeding ground for mites.

Explains Flowers, professor of dermatology at the Health Science Center: "There is a tenuous link [among] Demodex, acne rosacea, and folliculitis. However, no skin disease in humans has been conclusively linked with these mites." Flowers indicates that one of the most effective treatments for these disorders is metronidazole cream. "The link between mites and hair loss and other skin conditions is not conclusive, but we do know it's a major problem for dogs," adds. "If you have high revels of hormones, you're going to have high levels of mite reproduction because these anthropods obtain their steroids from the host."

warns that Demodex poses the biggest threat to people under stress or those with cancer or other conditions such as HIV/AIDS that suppress the immune system. Mite colonies can spread unchecked because patients cannot produce the antibodies needed to control the parasites. "Under normal conditions, mites produce an antigen when they feed in a hair follicle, and then the human body makes antibodies against the bugs, thereby keeping their reproduction low and in balance. The mites are actually needed to make the antigen that stimulates the body into making protective antibodies."

notes that mites feed continuously inside the hair follicle. Three to five days are required for egg laying and hatching, followed by seven days for the larvae to develop into adults. Their total life span is probably several weeks. They are transferred from host to host by contact, particularly in hair, eyebrows, and tiny sebaceous glands on the nose.

========================================