RemedySpot.com

a

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kim,

I hesitate to present myself as an expert. I have just been around too long.

But, yes, there are some bacterial infections worth checking out and some

viruses. You can get most of these run and covered by your insurance. chlamydia

pneumonia, mycoplasma pneumonia, HHV6, EBV, HMV. These can be done at a regular

lab.

But I personally think, and the Lyme doctors taught me this, that you must get

Lyme tested at IgeneX. You need to get the western blot for borrelia AND the

urine antigen test where they send you the kit. Any positives on that test your

doctor should check the form that you want a reverse western blot run. Also,

your doctor should give you 5 days of an antibiotic like doxycycline or

Zithromax at 500 mg a day. You collect the urine on the morning of day 4,5, and

If you are on Medicare these tests will be covered. Otherwise you will have to

pay out of pocket - I don't think terribly expensive.

These tests are a starting point. If you come up with high bacterial infections

find a good Lyme doctor and start getting treated. Also, there are excellent

doctors using Dr. Stratton's protocol which is safe and may treat several

infections.

I am being treated now by a doctor who uses much of Rich V's simplified Yasko

protocol. I think it is helping with any coagulation problems etc. Sometimes

it's cheaper to figure out what you have to get tested for in order to start

getting the help you need. You don't always have to know everything to move

forward.

Again, I am not an expert. The more I learn the more I realize I do not know.

One more thought - you know DeMeirleir originally held that mycoplasma, a

bacteria, is the culprit in cleaved RNaseL. So, again, without testing for all

that, maybe just see what you are infected with.

a

>

> paula

> whats wrong with hemex, would you still bother to do it if ya hadnt (dont know

if u have--i am considering it as i dont know which way i go with coag and i am

tired of guessing and taking stuff on chance)

> also, would you recommend getting any tests knowing what u know to look into

any infections right now? i never have and dont know if its worth it but again,

tired of guesswork.....

> i do know from redlabs it looks like i have some virus and that my immune

system is in hyperalert but probly not bacterail per the immunobilan, elastase,

nkc and interleukin etc results.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Great!!! I am sooo glad you shared the site with her. Let her know that

ISOP is planning 2 Early Treatment tutorials this June and we would love

to put her on the invitee list. If she is interested, please send me her

contact details at isop06@... and she'll receive an invitation.

And yes, in some cases respiratory issues become a concern for

infants/children with high curves/rotation.

Thanks for sharing ET info with your ped., as they are KEY in early

diagnosis!!!

Excellent!

HRH

> While Doc was in the hospital, I had three respiratory therapists at

> different points tell me that babies with scoliosis tend to be prone to

> more lung/pulmonary infections (RSV, pneumonia, colds, bronchitis...) than

> normal kids due to the restrictive nature of their rib cages.

>

> Has anyone else heard this?

>

> -------------------

> Also, , I just wanted to let you know that I showed the website to

> my family doctor- SHE LOVED IT! She's never had an infantile scoliosis

> case before my son (and she's been a doctor for almost 20 years!) and she

> spent a good half hour reading everything on the site.

>

> a

>

>

Guest guest

So funny! OMG he sneezed....must be a tumor! I do this too...

Thanks for the laugh.

HRH

> Is it possible that she just caught a stomach bug from somewhere?

> Sometimes a cold is just a cold and a headache is just a headache... (I

> have to remind myself that often- lol! OMG, he sneezed! He has a

> TUMOR!!! oh wait. no, no he doesn't.) I agree the timing sounds really

> lousy, but it could be that now that there is " more room " that she's

> eating to excess as well, but her stomach isn't used to it and can't

> expand enough.

>

> a

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: melindalee95 <mindylee1@...>

> infantile scoliosis treatment

> Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 9:40:18 PM

> Subject: Marlycia

>

>

> Hi all,

>

> I am very sad right now and cant stop crying. I feel like my poor little

> Marly has had the crappy end of the stick for so long now and I just want

> her to enjoy life and be happy, be a normal 1 year old. I do count my

> blessings every day that both of my little girls are alive and well (other

> than Marlys issues, which are at least treatable) but today is just not a

> positive kind of day.

>

> Marly was first casted back in Dec 09 and thru a series of 3 casts, she

> has gone from 54 degrees to 12. This is amazing and wonderful, and I am

> very grateful to Shriners and her docs for this!

> But the reason they took her out of her cast is b/c she has been having

> some other problems, throwing up and breath holding spells. We (the docs

> and I) thought removing the cast and bracing her earlier than expected,

> would eliminate the belly problems. She got her cast cut off last Tues

> 3/16 and brace put on, she has been wearing it 23 plus hrs a day, like

> they told us. She did great the first few days, very happy, eating well,

> no vomiting.

> Now the last 5/6 days, she has been cranky all day. Following me around,

> whining. Just, not happy (the poor kid hasnt been happy in months).

> We have the same routine for lunch/naptime as we do for dinner/bedtime.

> She eats lunch and about 1/2 hour later, goes for a nap with a 6oz bottle,

> no problems. Then dinner at 5:30/6 and bedtime by 7:30/8pm with a 6oz

> bottle. Every night (like in her 2nd/3rd casts) she has been waking up

> about 20 mins-hour after falling asleep and throws up everywhere. Not just

> a little spit up, but heavy vomiting, and its all solid (its her meals

> from that day, I can literally see her meals!)

> I feel so bad for her, like the scoli/casting/ bracing/xrays/ being poked

> by docs wasnt enough? I dont know what else to do.

> Do you think there could be something else wrong with her or does this

> have something to do with her casts/brace?

> She is already on Zantac 2x/day so I dont think its just acid reflux. This

> is extreme vomiting. and maybe shes cranky all day b/c she has a belly

> ache and isnt digesting her food? But she eats and wants to eat. So what

> do I do?

> I am calling her pediatrician tomorrow as well as her doc at Shriners. I

> also emailed the PA at Shriners to see what she has to say.

> I know that this may seem small compared to some of the other children and

> families issues here (and my heart goes out to you all!)but I just wanted

> to know if anyone had any suggestions or comments?HELP?

>

> Melinda

> Mommy of Marlycia 14 mnths (in brace, 0 degrees), Natalya 24 mnths

> Scranton, PA

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dear a - First let me congratulate you on losing the weight you mention in your message. That is an accomplishment you should be proudof. Not an easy task in our 'fast food' existence.As with many people who enthusiastically begin the practice of macrobiotics you may be experiencing the effects of radically altering of your diet. With regards to the craving for sugar I would advocate the use of winter squash as a means of regulating blood sugar levels. Cooked winter squash will balance your blood sugar level. Over a period of time I would - if it were me - lessen the amount of sugars of any sort from your diet - but not so dramatically that cravings occur. Complex carbohydrates are a better source of sugars than simple carbohydrates such as white pasta, white rice, sugar, and other sweetners

such as molasses. More natural sugars - as from dried fruit and a bit of fruit in season - could - over a period of time - allow you to have a bit of sweetness without affecting your blood sugar levels adversely. Hope this helps. Perhaps you can find old copies of the East West Journal that discuss the issue of sugars in the diet in more detail. Blessings, Em HamiltonLet everything you do be done in love.

1 Corinthians 16:14From: a Smiley <smilekris30@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 11:10 PM

Hello my name is a i am new to the group and have ben Macro for about 8 months now. I want to say that in the begging i ate fish and probly tofu way to much. I soon learned that i was not reacting well to the fish. So i stopeed eating altogether. Also some leasons that the universe has tought me because of macrobiotics is that i need to slow my life down about 90 percent. In doing so i have started energy healing classes and will soon beging school for message theropy. I dont believe i would have dun these things without the power of the foods i eat.

Ok now with what i am encountering now. I have recently stoped loseing weight. Thats signifacant because when i made the change i was 180 i now am 130. About a month ago i started having low blood sugar reactions. These were very scary i would break out into a cold sweat and my whole body would hurt it happen twice and for about 15 mins each. I then started using maple sugar which i was befor. And started adding more pasta and nut butters both i was not doing befor. I understand that i was way out of balance. The effects is that i feel i have gone completly the other way now. I live on sugar now at least thats how i feel. And am totaly addicted to hot foods. I'm doing everything i can to try and figuer out what is realy going on so to speak. I would greatly apperceate any suggsegstins on this.

With love and my blessings,

a

Guest guest

Hi Emilie and a,

I am baffled how I missed a's post (as I'm on the computer so much!!!) and am very glad Emilie, that you answered her.

Did I also miss where you, a, live?? In a few weeks I'll be coming to the States for a visit and I can't wait to have some of the varieties of winter squashes, which we don't have here in Israel. But fortunately we do have a couple kinds of squashes, and they are indeed a wonderful sweet vegetable.

Other sweet vegetables are onions, carrots, cabbage - and sweet potatoes. It's funny when I began mb in '95, sweet potatoes were verboten, and now I think they are an occasional food. I love when I just cook vegetables, and will drink the cooking water after - so sweet!!!!

a, 8 months is such a relatively short time - I think you are doing amazingly well. I would second Emilie's suggestion to go slow - and rather than use maple syrup which is very sweet, try using brown rice syrup or barley syrup if you must have a sweetener. do you also relax and have tea?

I look forward to hearing how it's going.

Klara

From: emilie hamilton <emiliehamilton@...> ; a Smiley <smilekris30@...>Sent: Sat, April 24, 2010 5:15:09 PMSubject: Re: a

Dear a - First let me congratulate you on losing the weight you mention in your message. That is an accomplishment you should be proudof. Not an easy task in our 'fast food' existence.As with many people who enthusiastically begin the practice of macrobiotics you may be experiencing the effects of radically altering of your diet. With regards to the craving for sugar I would advocate the use of winter squash as a means of regulating blood sugar levels. Cooked winter squash will balance your blood sugar level. Over a period of time I would - if it were me - lessen the amount of sugars of any sort from your diet - but not so dramatically that cravings occur. Complex carbohydrates are a better source of sugars than simple carbohydrates such as white pasta, white rice, sugar, and other sweetners such as molasses. More natural sugars - as from dried fruit and a bit of

fruit in season - could - over a period of time - allow you to have a bit of sweetness without affecting your blood sugar levels adversely. Hope this helps. Perhaps you can find old copies of the East West Journal that discuss the issue of sugars in the diet in more detail. Blessings, Em HamiltonLet everything you do be done in love.1 Corinthians 16:14

From: a Smiley <smilekris30>Subject: (unknown)Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 11:10 PM

Hello my name is a i am new to the group and have ben Macro for about 8 months now. I want to say that in the begging i ate fish and probly tofu way to much. I soon learned that i was not reacting well to the fish. So i stopeed eating altogether. Also some leasons that the universe has tought me because of macrobiotics is that i need to slow my life down about 90 percent. In doing so i have started energy healing classes and will soon beging school for message theropy. I dont believe i would have dun these things without the power of the foods i eat.

Ok now with what i am encountering now. I have recently stoped loseing weight. Thats signifacant because when i made the change i was 180 i now am 130. About a month ago i started having low blood sugar reactions. These were very scary i would break out into a cold sweat and my whole body would hurt it happen twice and for about 15 mins each. I then started using maple sugar which i was befor. And started adding more pasta and nut butters both i was not doing befor. I understand that i was way out of balance. The effects is that i feel i have gone completly the other way now. I live on sugar now at least thats how i feel. And am totaly addicted to hot foods. I'm doing everything i can to try and figuer out what is realy going on so to speak. I would greatly apperceate any suggsegstins on this.

a

Guest guest

thank you karla for youre respons. i do drink teas. probly more then i should. I seem to have an addiction to caffeen. I come off of it every now and then and then i always go back. I always drink my teas hot and they are usualy chi or herbel. i ate sweet potatoes for the first time in a long time the other day i felt fine after eating them as well. I notice very quickly if i eat somthing i should stay away from.

I find it more difficult to teach my eating to others when they are out of balance they seem to cause me to become out of balance. maybe its the newness of it all. I do feel very young in this and am looking for more focus.

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine@...> Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 11:53:40 AMSubject: Re: a

Hi Emilie and a,

I am baffled how I missed a's post (as I'm on the computer so much!!!) and am very glad Emilie, that you answered her.

Did I also miss where you, a, live?? In a few weeks I'll be coming to the States for a visit and I can't wait to have some of the varieties of winter squashes, which we don't have here in Israel. But fortunately we do have a couple kinds of squashes, and they are indeed a wonderful sweet vegetable.

Other sweet vegetables are onions, carrots, cabbage - and sweet potatoes. It's funny when I began mb in '95, sweet potatoes were verboten, and now I think they are an occasional food. I love when I just cook vegetables, and will drink the cooking water after - so sweet!!!!

a, 8 months is such a relatively short time - I think you are doing amazingly well. I would second Emilie's suggestion to go slow - and rather than use maple syrup which is very sweet, try using brown rice syrup or barley syrup if you must have a sweetener. do you also relax and have tea?

Klara

From: emilie hamilton <emiliehamilton>; a Smiley <smilekris30>Sent: Sat, April 24, 2010 5:15:09 PMSubject: Re: a

Dear a - First let me congratulate you on losing the weight you mention in your message. That is an accomplishment you should be proudof. Not an easy task in our 'fast food' existence.As with many people who enthusiastically begin the practice of macrobiotics you may be experiencing the effects of radically altering of your diet. With regards to the craving for sugar I would advocate the use of winter squash as a means of regulating blood sugar levels. Cooked winter squash will balance your blood sugar level. Over a period of time I would - if it were me - lessen the amount of sugars of any sort from your diet - but not so dramatically that cravings occur. Complex carbohydrates are a better source of sugars than simple carbohydrates such as white pasta, white rice, sugar, and other sweetners such as molasses. More natural sugars - as from dried fruit and a bit of

fruit in season - could - over a period of time - allow you to have a bit of sweetness without affecting your blood sugar levels adversely. Hope this helps. Perhaps you can find old copies of the East West Journal that discuss the issue of sugars in the diet in more detail. Blessings, Em HamiltonLet everything you do be done in love.1 Corinthians 16:14

From: a Smiley <smilekris30>Subject: (unknown)Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 11:10 PM

a

Guest guest

thank you karla for youre respons. i do drink teas. probly more then i should. I seem to have an addiction to caffeen. I come off of it every now and then and then i always go back. I always drink my teas hot and they are usualy chi or herbel. i ate sweet potatoes for the first time in a long time the other day i felt fine after eating them as well. I notice very quickly if i eat somthing i should stay away from.

I find it more difficult to teach my eating to others when they are out of balance they seem to cause me to become out of balance. maybe its the newness of it all. I do feel very young in this and am looking for more focus.

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine@...> Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 11:53:40 AMSubject: Re: a

Hi Emilie and a,

Klara

From: emilie hamilton <emiliehamilton>; a Smiley <smilekris30>Sent: Sat, April 24, 2010 5:15:09 PMSubject: Re: a

a

Guest guest

a,

It's a huge learning process - forever. Always more to learn.

don't take on more than you can chew - sorry for the pun - meaning don't worry about trying to explain to others right now - new habits are very difficult to create - always easier to go back to old ones, so yes, you can easily get off by being with others who eat the way you used to. As I said, I've been at it for 15 years, and still hard for me when I go out to eat in "regular" restaurants.

See if you can find other mb people - look for them when you go shopping at the health food store, put up signs, see if you can search in the telephone book under mb - you still didn't say where you live - maybe there are teachers and classes nearby that you can take.

Klara

From: a Smiley <smilekris30@...> Sent: Tue, April 27, 2010 7:18:16 PMSubject: Re: a

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine>Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 11:53:40 AMSubject: Re: a

Hi Emilie and a,

Klara

a

Guest guest

Mrs Karla thank you again. I live Arkansas i've ben here for a month. and the shopping is different then it is at home in austin texas.

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine@...> Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 6:32:30 PMSubject: Re: a

a,

don't take on more than you can chew - sorry for the pun - meaning don't worry about trying to explain to others right now - new habits are very difficult to create - always easier to go back to old ones, so yes, you can easily get off by being with others who eat the way you used to. As I said, I've been at it for 15 years, and still hard for me when I go out to eat in "regular" restaurants.

See if you can find other mb people - look for them when you go shopping at the health food store, put up signs, see if you can search in the telephone book under mb - you still didn't say where you live - maybe there are teachers and classes nearby that you can take.

Klara

From: a Smiley <smilekris30>Sent: Tue, April 27, 2010 7:18:16 PMSubject: Re: a

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine>Sent: Mon, April 26, 2010 11:53:40 AMSubject: Re: a

Hi Emilie and a,

Klara

a

Guest guest

Mrs Karla thank you again. I live Arkansas i've ben here for a month. and the shopping is different then it is at home in austin texas.

From: Klara LeVine <klara_levine@...> Sent: Wed, April 28, 2010 6:32:30 PMSubject: Re: a

a,

Klara

From: a Smiley <smilekris30>Sent: Tue, April 27, 2010 7:18:16 PMSubject: Re: a

Hi Emilie and a,

Klara

a

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thats a tuff question. Im an army brat was born n Germany. I usualy tell people

im from Texas. We moved there n the early 90 s. I am now in arkansas going to

school for massage theropy. Hope that explains it. :)

On Thu May 13th, 2010 2:25 AM EDT -owner wrote:

>Hey a,

>Where are you from originally?

>Peace,

>Reggie

>

>

Guest guest

Thats a tuff question. Im an army brat was born n Germany. I usualy tell people

im from Texas. We moved there n the early 90 s. I am now in arkansas going to

school for massage theropy. Hope that explains it. :)

On Thu May 13th, 2010 2:25 AM EDT -owner wrote:

>Hey a,

>Where are you from originally?

>Peace,

>Reggie

>

>

Guest guest

youre welcome. i have recently kinda fell off the path of good eating. i have

even eatin ice cream.

my body is not responding well to the last week of eating fried foods and sugar

and some dairy. anyone have any ideas how i can cleanse my body? i like seing

foods instead of any kinda pills.

On Thu May 13th, 2010 11:44 PM EDT -owner

wrote:

>ah.... thanks for letting me know. :)

>

>

>>

>> >Hey a,

>> >Where are you from originally?

>> >Peace,

>> >Reggie

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

Guest guest

Definitely have some ume/kuzu drink to ward off whatever evils that ice cream may have done. a, we all go up and down.

As long as you get back in the saddle after you've fallen off, that's what counts. Don't need to do major cleansing, just some basic (balanced) good mb food.

Klara

From: a Smiley <smilekris30@...> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 5:49:17 PMSubject: Re: Re: a

youre welcome. i have recently kinda fell off the path of good eating. i have even eatin ice cream. my body is not responding well to the last week of eating fried foods and sugar and some dairy. anyone have any ideas how i can cleanse my body? i like seing foods instead of any kinda pills.On Thu May 13th, 2010 11:44 PM EDT -owner wrote:>ah.... thanks for letting me know. :)>>>> >> >Hey a,>> >Where are you from originally?>> >Peace,>> >Reggie>> >>> >>>>>

Guest guest

Karla u always make me smile. i bet ur energy is realy good.

can u tell me how to make the drink?

i still feel so young in my lifestyle choice. but i do kinda like feeling as an

infant.

even the downs n this is teaching me so much.

Thank u

On Fri May 21st, 2010 4:12 AM EDT Klara LeVine wrote:

>Definitely have some ume/kuzu drink to ward off whatever evils that ice cream

may have done. a, we all go up and down.

>

>As long as you get back in the saddle after you've fallen off, that's what

counts. Don't need to do major cleansing, just some basic (balanced) good mb

food.

>

>Klara

>

>

> 

>

>________________________________

>From: a Smiley <smilekris30@...>

>

>Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 5:49:17 PM

>Subject: Re: Re: a

>

> 

>youre welcome. i have recently kinda fell off the path of good eating. i have

even eatin ice cream.

>my body is not responding well to the last week of eating fried foods and sugar

and some dairy. anyone have any ideas how i can cleanse my body? i like seing

foods instead of any kinda pills.

>

>On Thu May 13th, 2010 11:44 PM EDT -owner

wrote:

>

>>ah.... thanks for letting me know. :)

>>

>>

>>>

>>> >Hey a,

>>> >Where are you from originally?

>>> >Peace,

>>> >Reggie

>>> >

>>> >

>>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 4 months later...

Oh, please do tell!!!

Each childs journey is so different that docs story will be sure to help

guide/inspire someone out there.

Please consider.

Thanks a.

HRH

> heh!

> I've got some stories to tell, though. (I'm just not certain how

> appropriate

> they are for the site!)

> a

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: " heather@... " <heather@...>

> infantile scoliosis treatment

> Sent: Sat, September 25, 2010 9:09:45 AM

> Subject: Re: new stories 4 site

>

>

> Mistake,

> I meant Makennas Story. Not nas...sorry about that.

>

>> If you have already sent me your childs story can you please resend to

>> isop06@... ? Sorry, I have been working from home for almost a

>> year

>> and am unable to access the story file on my office computer. I think

>> the

>> only ones Im missing are Graces Story and nas?? But, I could be

>> wrong, so I thought it best to just start over.

>>

>> If you are interested in sharing your childs scoliosis journey or update

>> a

>> story on www.infantilescoliosis.org , please send to isop06@... and

>> I

>> will add to the website update list...

>>

>> Feel free to recommend any other website suggestions too.

>> Thanks a lot.

>>

>> HRH

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 3 months later...

Hey, a,

Thanks for telling us your endo. results.  It's comforting.  I had two

endo's

recently, one with a nice guy from my medical group who found an ulcer, and

the other one was my favorite specialist at Cedars, who, after diagnosing

some carrafate, found that my ulcer was gone in two weeks!  Yippee!

I know I will need to be smarter about chewing foods, getting enough water,

and not nibbling too close to bed time.  But I'm doing well.  Except for the

aspirating of saliva during my sleep.

This is a very crazy sort of disease we've got and it's hard to explain

it to others.  I'm so glad we are here, discussing this stuff.  It's nice to

be understood!

All Best, Deborah