Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Clinical Trials

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

This might be of interest: http://www.centerwatch.com and

http://clinicaltrials.gov have lists of clinical trials nationwide. I

searched centerwatch and found a trial less that 20 minutes from my home.

I went to my doctor today. He changed my prescription to 50mg of Imetrex.

Now I can split the pills and don't have to worry about running out of

pills. He was puzzled about Alieve helping some of my headaches. I have had

a sore neck and back from rebuilding my house and he thinks that might be

inflamed. I will be getting my back fixed in the next couple of weeks so

that may help. I will be having a physical this summer and we will be going

over this again.

Thats it for now.

Steve

*ART AUCTION*

Now in progress....the last piece from this popular series.... " The Witching

Hour " from The Black Series... Collectors item! This is your last chance to

own the ORIGINAL painting! For viewings please visit

http://www.sold.com.au/au/item.asp?itm=252996

Guest guest

:

Thanks for posting the information on dangers in clinical drug trials.

I've always been amazed at how well the medical community is able to consistently

promote their news releases in such positive terms in spite of obvious episodes of prior faulty judgement.

They never admit internal conflicting opinions, suspected contraindications or academic disenchantment with

any 'new improved' procedure. They never publicly divulge professional disagreements.

This strategy seems to work well, but I wonder how they manage to do it.

Thanks again for your information.

Jack Pedersen, DC

Sweet Home

Guest guest

The best company that is doing this is Pfizer with Eprleneone.

Many small health groups get special funding through congress or their local legislates

There are enought PAs that someone couild organize them then we could do that.

May your pressure be low!

Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD, FACP, FACC

Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology

Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Hypertension

Focusing on difficult to control high blood pressure and high cholesterol especially in the African Diaspora

Guest guest

Wow, thanks for sharing. Please continue to share; that is so interesting. Karac goes from constipation to watery bowels too. Pat K

Guest guest

Thank you for the info. I have never thought about it. I will look

into it.

Thanks again

Mike

>

>

> guitarclovismike,

>

> I know it seems like a long shot but you might want to make a

habbit of

> watching the clinical trials. I watch them almost daily and just

missed

> one a couple years ago because I hesitated to call them back and it

> filled up. Cant hesitate. There are lots of people trying. I go to

these

> two sites most of the time.

>

> www.clinicaltrials.gov <http://www.clinicaltrials.gov>

>

> www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/hepc_clin.html

> <http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/hep_c/hepc_clin.html>

>

Guest guest

http://www.liverfoundation.org/db-list/clinicaltrials/1/ascend/ID/Validated

There are 43 clinical trials in our database. Click on a Title to see the full listing.

Featured Link:

NIH Clinical Trials DatabaseProvides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteerswww.clinicaltrials.gov

A Phase I Prospective, Longitudinal Feasibility Trial of Safety, Tolerance and Efficacy of SEPETâ„¢ in Patients with Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Liver Disease

A Study to Compare Tenofovir versus Hepsera (Adefovir) for the Treatment of HBeAg Negative Chronic Hepatitis BThis Gilead study is designed to evaluate the safety and antiviral activity of tenofovir compared to Hepsera for the treatment of HBeAg negative chronic hepatitis B.

A Study to Compare Tenofovir versus Hepsera (Adefovir) for the Treatment of Hepatitis Be Antigen (HBeAg) Positive Chronic Hepatitis BThis Gilead study is designed to evaluate the safety and antiviral activity of tenofovir compared to Hepsera for the treatment of HBeAg positive chronic hepatitis B.

Cirrhosis: Role of nitric oxide and kidney functionThis phase I study is to determine whether nitric oxide, made within the body, is the factor responsible for the changes in blood pressure and kidney functions that may occur during the course of cirrhosis.

HCV/HIV Coinfection: PegIFN and RibavirinPegylated interferon combination therapy in patients with HCV/HIV coinfection.

HCV/HIV Coinfection:ACTG Study of HCV MaintenancePhase II trial of pegylated interferon and reduction of liver fibrosis in coinfected patients.

Hep B and HIV: Adefovir and Tenofovir, Lamivudine-Resistant Hep BThe purpose of this Phase II study is to find out if adding adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) with lamivudine (3TC) has an effect on hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection

Hep B and HIV: Adefovir DipivoxilThis Phase II study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of adding the experimental drug adefovir dipivoxil to lamivudine for treating hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in HIV-infected patients with liver cirrhosis.

Hep B and HIV: Entecavir in Lamivudine TherapyThe purpose of this phase III clinical research study is to assess the safety and effectiveness of entecavir, when being added to lamivudine, in the treatment of adults with chronic hepatitis B infection who are co-infected with HIV.

Hep B and HIV: Lamivudine and AdefovirThis Phase III study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of adefovir plus lamivudine for chronic hepatitis B infection in people with and without HIV infection.

Hep B: Adefovir and Lamivudine-Resistant Chronic Hep BThe purpose of this early access protocol (Phase III) is to provide access to adefovir dipivoxil prior to its commercial availability to people with lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B who have limited treatment options.

Hep B: Lamivudine and AdefovirThis Phase II study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of lamivudine plus adefovir versus adefovir alone to treat chronic hepatitis B infection.

Hep B: Lamivudine-Resistant Chronic Hep BThe purpose of this Phase II study is to determine the safety and antiviral HBV activity of ACH126, 433 (b-L-Fd4C) in the treatment of adults with lamivudine-resistant chronic Hepatitis B.

Hep B: LamivudineThis Phase II study will select 60 patients diagnosed with hepatitis B. After a thorough medical examination and liver biopsy, subjects will be given lamivudine.

Hep C (Atlanta, GA): Antidepressant Treatment for Emotional and Physical Side Effects of Interferon-AlphaParticipants will be followed over 24 weeks to monitor side effects including depression that may occur during treatment with Interferon-alpha.

Hep C (Atlanta, GA): Brain Functioning During Interferon-Alpha TreatmentParticipants will have assessments to measure emotional and physical health and a brain scan to look at brain functioning. tel.: 404.727.8229

Hep C (Atlanta, GA): Sleep, Body Temperature and Metabolism During Treatment with Interferon-AlphaResearchers measure the effect of interferon-alpha on emotional well-being, sleep, body temperature, metabolism, brain functioning and the body's hormones.

Hep C (San Mateo, CA): Pegylated Interferon CombinationPhase II clinical trial for treatment of hepatitis C with pegylated interferon and ribavirin.

Hep C and Significant Fibrosis: Pegylated Interferon for Non-RespondersPEG-Intron for Prevention of Disease Progression in Chronic Hepatitis C Patients with Significant Liver Fibrosis who failed PEG-Intron plus Rebetol.

Hep C and HIV: Effects of Ribavirin on Zidovudine or StavudineThe purpose of this study is to see how treatment of HCV patients with ribavirin affects the anti-HIV drugs stavudine or zidovudine.

Hep C and HIV: Transplant Study For People With HIV InfectionA study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of kidney and liver transplants HIV infected patients.

Hep C-Associated Cryoglobulinemic Vasculitis

Hep C: Pegylated Interferon/Rebetol for Interferon Non-RespondersPEG-Intron Plus Rebetol Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C Patients with Liver Fibrosis Who Failed to Respond to alpha-Interferon Plus Ribavirin.

Hep C: Gamma InterferonThis phase II study will test whether gamma interferon is effective in treating chronic hepatitis C infection-a long-lasting viral infection affecting the liver

Hep C: Genetics of Hepatitis CThis trial will study the genetics of hepatitis C virus infection

Hep C: Infergen and ribavirin in non respondersStudy of efficacy and safety of daily interferon alfacon-1 plus RBV in HCV nonresponder patients.

Hep C: Long Term RibavirinLong-Term Therapy with Ribavirin for Chronic Hepatitis C.

Hep C: Pegasys and Copegus in Non-respondersThe study will evaluate different regimens of combination therapy in patients with hepatitis C who did not respond to treatment with Peg-Intron and Rebetol therapy.

Hep C: Pegylated Interferon for Interferon Combination Non-RespondersPeg-Intron for Prevention of Disease Progression in Chronic Hepatitis C Patients with Cirrhosis who failed with a Interferon plus Ribavirin Therapy.

Hep C: Thymosin and Interferon Non-Responders, Non-CirrhoticThis is a phase III trial to determine the effectiveness of thymosin alpha 1 (thymalfasin) 1.6 mg twice weekly plus PEGinterferon alfa-2a 180 ug/wk compared to placebo plus PEGinterferon alfa-2a in adults with chronic hepatitis C without cirrhosis who are non-responders to previous treatment with interferon or interferon plus ribavirin

Hep C: Thymosin and Interferon Non-RespondersThis is a phase III trial to determine the effectiveness of thymosin alpha 1 (thymalfasin) plus PEGinterferon alfa-2a adults with chronic hepatitis C with early cirrhosis or progression to cirrhosis who are non-responders to previous treatment with interferon or interferon plus ribavirin.

Hep C: Zadaxin (thymalsin, thymosin alpha-1) for patients who have not responded to interferon treatment.SciClone Pharmaceuticals’ U.S. phase 3 clinical trials testing thymalfasin (thymosin alpha 1, ZADAXIN) for the treatment of hepatitis C are now open for accrual of patients.

Liver Cancer: Doxorubicin and systemic chemotherapyA randomized, parallel group, open-label multi-center study comparing Doxorubicin with the Delcath System and conventional systemic chemotherapy in patients with liver cancer.

Liver Cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma): NolatrexedA National, multi-site Phase III Clinical Trial for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma...

NASH (Bethesda, MD): MetforminPhase II trial to determine whether the medical problems of NASH patients improve when their insulin sensitivity is enhanced with metformin.

NASH (Bethesda, MD): PioglitazonePhase II trial - experimental approach to improve insulin sensitivity in persons with NASH with pioglitazone.

NASH: Pioglitazone Treatment

NASH: Clinical research networkPhase III trial to determine if therapy with pioglitazone or vitamin E will lead to an improvement in liver histology in patients with NASH.

NIH Clinical Trials Listing

PBC: Understanding the Genetic PredispositionThis research study is being done to better understand what causes Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC).

PSC: UrsodiolA trial of high dose ursodiol versus placebo for patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC).

Veritas MedicineVeritas Medicine is a free confidential resource providing access to clinical trials and information on treatment options.

's Disease: Tetrathiomolybdate This phase III study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of ammonium tetrathiomolybdate. The listings above are for National Clinical Trials.For a listing of regional clinical trials, please click here.

privacy policy © copyright 2002-2006 american liver foundation. All rights reserved.

to top of page

Guest guest

If anyone is interested in Clinical Trials for Achalasia visit the website:

clinicaltrials.gov

You need to type in Achalasia as the subject and there are currently some trials

being conducted for anyone in the specific areas or are willing to travel to

participate. Good luck.