RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: patterns

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've always said that these organisms are active during the times you mentioned... so so strange Aggi. They apparently recognize time zones. And they do try to enter the body through any place they can get into. Even for males... :( I never noticed anything going up the urethra, however, maybe because of the acidity of urine. MSM does help a lot I've found too. It just seems to change something, not sure what.I used to get terrible bites while showering. Haven't for at least a year. The explanation was that these things try to hold on from being washed down the drain. I can buy that explanation. I'd get them most frequently on the lower legs and feet and they were like mini ice picks. Still have a problem with my feet -- some crawling and some biting which is my worst area. I think MMS baths really help too if you want to try another avenue. Sometimes I alternate baths with the Arm and Hammer / Borax baths... which are very slippery in the tub. I don't rinse off with either of these baths. The MMS baths make the tub and body cleaner than anything you could ever use to clean with. MMS dissolves anything like residue from any soap, like scum on the rim of the tub. I'm currently using 40 drops of MMS activated in my bath.One other interesting thing: I decided to buy the Oreck air purifiers. If they are anything like the air purifiers I had in the past years before mites or Morgellons they work by fan and electromagnetically attract dust, dirt, grime and odors - they are washed off under the faucet. I'm hoping I can get rid of all these floating Morgellons fibers which, I believe, are causing a problem. For some reason the fibers are attracted to me. What I don't understand is if the fibers are being generated by themselves in our home, or I'm creating them. Anyway, we will see if this helps. The older purifiers generated a lot of ozone, which is why I got rid of them. Hope these next ones are better. Patterns

Hi Krys,

Tell me about it, it's been more than disappointing to not having them clearly identified. All I can say about their patterns is that they are active from 5 pm to 5 am, I could almost set the clock after them. When they bite me it is very painful, not itchy, and that pain can easily last for 1/2 h to even 24 hrs. I do not get bad lesions, but dry red papules, not water-filled like others reported plus the bites do heal up quickly, but that might just be my good immune system. I get bitten while showering or taking a bath ! The most disgusting factor is that they try to enter your body from both ends, they just crawl in whereever they get access, I can clearly feel it, but can't see them !!

The situation has improved a lot since I started taking the MSM sulfur capsules daily, sulfur baths twice a week and using sulfur soap daily, so that seems to be the clue.

I have never been able to see anything crawling, the samples I captured by sticking the tape onto and into the bedframe at night like the prof. advised me to do, where just sheer luck. They definitely do lay their eggs on me, mainly on the face. Under a hand-held magnifier I can identify very tiny oval to round, light beige balls, the consistency is sticky and rubbery. I used to have a lot of those real hard black specks in the beginning, which I thought was just mite-poo ?!? :-)

On rainy days it seems to be a lot worse, they just love humidity. The kitchen has been the worst place in the beginning, guess because of all the steam one produces while cooking. There used to be a time I was horrified of full moon nights, because the mites went absolutely crazy, just like in the good old Dracula movies, but that has also gone out of the door now. Besides, many people here have reported that, not only me ;-)

Overall, my situation after almost 2 years has improved by let's say 90% at home by rigorous cleaning, office and car still very bad, just keep spraying isoprop. alc. there. Biggest issue is still hair and scalp, I have just ordered MMS to hopefully get better by bathing in it.

Sorry for the very long post, but as you are quite some mite expert, this might give you an idea of what is torturing me for such a long time now. Appreciate any of your thoughts.

Warm regards,

Aggi

Guest guest

Hi Aggi,I'd have expected an entomologist to be able to give a proper ID for your mite or at least make some effort to get someone else's opinion......but then I read the website posted, http://www.acari.be/uk/about_a.php

Note the paragraph: " To date about 50 000 mites have been described. However, scientists believe this represents only a small fraction, about 5%, of the total number of mite species. There is still a lot of work to do! " Maybe, it wasn't a species the entomologist is already familiar with. If

that really was the case one might have thought he'd have shown interest in documenting a previously undocumented species? The same website suggests reducing humidity makes less favourable conditions for mites. It is really weird about the mites being worse at full moon. I wonder whether that is a part of the life cycle, in the way that certain other creatures have lives which are affected in various ways by the lunar cycle.

Your mites would seem to be surface mites, as they are " biting " mites as opposed to burrowing mites. I don't know much about mites at all, just a bit of general behavious of those mites affecting poultry (i.e. bird mites) as is necessary for my job.

The 5pm to 5am could fit with the D.gallinae (red poultry mite), they feed mostly at night. But, they are pretty big as far as mites go (up to 1mm) & one can easily see them with the naked eye (if one looks with a torch at night). Their infestation of many types of animals other than chickens is well documented. I don't know whether they would lay their eggs on you as you describe. That must be so distressing. I've attached another paper about the behaviour of D.gallinae (I hope it is not a repeat).

The Northern Fowl Mite (O.sylvarium) & other species of Ornithonyssus, are much the same size as D.gallinae but they live on the host, & are not, afaik, fussy about time of day for feeding. An obvious sign of Northern Fowl Mite, in chickens, is copious amounts of brown dust like debris around the vent of the host.

I just did a search to try to find what the brown dust is but fund this describing habits of both species I have described. I didn't find out about the brown dust, but I did find that both species lay on & off the host (see below). From further sites I infer the brown dust may be poo.

I don't know virtually nothing about any other surface mites. Best wishes,KrysFrom:http://quizlet.com/4749452/parasitology-final-flash-cards/

Dermanyssus spp, Red chicken mite or roost mite of birds Arachnid

Dermanyssus spp Host Domestic/Wild fowl. Will attack humans

Dermanyssus spp Identification

Engorged adult female mites measure up to 1mm in length. Color varies from grey to deep red, depending on when the mites have been feeding on blood. Needle like mouthparts.

Dermanyssus spp Life Cycle

Adults lay eggs after blood meal. Some on host, some off. 6-legged larvae hatch in 48-72hr from eggs and molt into 1st nymph. After 24-72hr, molt to 2nd nymph. Nymph then molts to adult in 24-48hr. Entire

life cycle can be completed in less than 7d. Mites can live up to 8mo w/o blood meal, making it difficult to control infestations

Dermanyssus spp Site(s) of Infection

D. gallinae only found on the host during night time, due to nocturnal behavior, may be found anywhere on skin. During daytime the mites hide in cracks or other suitable places

Dermanyssus spp Pathogenesis/Lesions Infested birds may have a change of behavior due to the itching effect of the mites

Dermanyssus spp Clinical Signs

Loss of weight, reduction in egg production, stress, loss of production, anemia and death. Mites can transfer Pasteurella, fowl pox, Newcastle disease, Chlamydia.

Dermanyssus spp Diagnosis Identification of the mite, usually on bird at night

Ornithonyssus spp, Northern Fowl Mite (O. sylvarium) , Tropical Fowl Mite (O. bursa)

Arachnid

Ornithonyssus spp Host

Chickens primary host, will feed on other birds/humans. O. sylvarium found in temperate areas, O. bursa found in subtropical/tropical areas

Ornithonyssus spp Identification

Most common poultry mite. Engorged female measures 1mm. Color varies from grey to deep red, depending on blood intake. Mites distinguished by

shape of dorsal plate, needle like mouthparts

Ornithonyssus spp Life Cycle

Adults lay eggs after blood meal. Some on host, some off. 6-legged larvae hatch in 48-72hr from eggs and molt into 1st nymph. After 24-72hr, molt to 2nd nymph. Nymph then molts to adult in 24-48hr. Entire

life cycle can be completed in less than 7d. Mites live on their host. Can survive only 10d off host

Ornithonyssus spp Site(s) of Infection Skin throughout the day as compared w/Dermanyssus, which is hiding in the day.

Ornithonyssus spp Pathogenesis/Lesions Infested birds may have a change of behavior due to the itching effect of mites

Ornithonyssus spp Clinical Signs

Infested birds show discoloration of feathers surrounding the vent. Loss of weight, reduction in egg production, anemia and death. Can transmit Pasteurella, fowl pox, Newcastle disease, chlamydia

Ornithonyssus spp Diagnosis Identification of mite

On 16 May 2011 14:20, Aggi <aggi_assmann@...> wrote:

Hi Krys,

Tell me about it, it's been more than disappointing to not having them clearly identified. All I can say about their patterns is that they are active from 5 pm to 5 am, I could almost set the clock after them. When they bite me it is very painful, not itchy, and that pain can easily last for 1/2 h to even 24 hrs. I do not get bad lesions, but dry red papules, not water-filled like others reported plus the bites do heal up quickly, but that might just be my good immune system. I get bitten while showering or taking a bath ! The most disgusting factor is that they try to enter your body from both ends, they just crawl in whereever they get access, I can clearly feel it, but can't see them !!

The situation has improved a lot since I started taking the MSM sulfur capsules daily, sulfur baths twice a week and using sulfur soap daily, so that seems to be the clue.

I have never been able to see anything crawling, the samples I captured by sticking the tape onto and into the bedframe at night like the prof. advised me to do, where just sheer luck. They definitely do lay their eggs on me, mainly on the face. Under a hand-held magnifier I can identify very tiny oval to round, light beige balls, the consistency is sticky and rubbery. I used to have a lot of those real hard black specks in the beginning, which I thought was just mite-poo ?!? :-)

On rainy days it seems to be a lot worse, they just love humidity. The kitchen has been the worst place in the beginning, guess because of all the steam one produces while cooking. There used to be a time I was horrified of full moon nights, because the mites went absolutely crazy, just like in the good old Dracula movies, but that has also gone out of the door now. Besides, many people here have reported that, not only me ;-)

Overall, my situation after almost 2 years has improved by let's say 90% at home by rigorous cleaning, office and car still very bad, just keep spraying isoprop. alc. there. Biggest issue is still hair and scalp, I have just ordered MMS to hopefully get better by bathing in it.

Sorry for the very long post, but as you are quite some mite expert, this might give you an idea of what is torturing me for such a long time now. Appreciate any of your thoughts.

Warm regards,

Aggi

-- They shut the road through the woods

Seventy years ago.

Weather and rain have undone it again,

And now you would never know

There was once a road through the woods

Before they planted the trees.

It is underneath the coppice and heath,

And the thin anemones.

Only the keeper sees

That, where the ring-dove broods,

And the badgers roll at ease,

There was once a road through the woods.

Yet, if you enter the woods

Of a summer evening late,

When the night-air cools on the trout-ringed pools

Where the otter whistles his mate.

(They fear not men in the woods,

Because they see so few)

You will hear the beat of a horse's feet,

And the swish of a skirt in the dew,

Steadily cantering through

The misty solitudes,

As though they perfectly knew

The old lost road through the woods….