RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Medicare

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Would anyone have an office at this time that was mostly Medicare? I am just kind of interested in an informal poll. And why or why not?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anglen

Guest guest

Ceck out this prior post from last year on this very subject.

/message/22437

>

> Does anybody know how to get out of the Medicare system completely?

> I was told by medicare a few years ago that once you are in that you

> can never get out..... other than changing and becoming a non-

> participating provider which I now am.

>

> My question is: I have changed my business structure and am now a

> corporation. In doing the change, I of course have to fill out 64

> pages of medicare BS and " re-enroll " to get a new number... in

> addition I now have to give them my bank account info for direct

> electronic funds transfer and I do not ever want medicare with

> access to that info as they can't even process claims let alone have

> their hands in my bank account.

>

> So, after I withdraw my original medicare number do I have to re-

> enroll or can I just not do that and be off the entire Medicare

> system. Since I would not have a Medicare number could I then treat

> patients 65 years and older and treat them as cash patients? I also

> toyed with the idea of asking them (Medicare patients) for a

> donation instead of a fixed

> fee so I would technically not be breaking Medicare law by charging

> patients.

>

> Any thoughts on this??

>

>

> Schill, D.C.,P.C.

> Sunriver Chiropractic

> Sunriver, OR 97707

>

Guest guest

Happy new year listees,

Let me encourage you for 2008 regarding Medicare issues to improve and tighten up your record keeping (is that one word?). In 2007 the OIG (Office of Inspector General) pursued the examination of records kept by chiropractors and determined them to be generally sub-par. The quality of our recordkeeping will make a big difference as the profession works to obtain reimbursement for all services we provide, not just manipulation. This issue will also play a big role in whatever chiropractic benefits may be available in any national type of care plan. In 2008 the OIG has announced it will continue to request records from chiropractors for review. If you receive such a request please contact me immediately. Also, the ACA is requesting contact from any chiropractor receiving a request for Medicare records. If you know of someone not on this list please share this info with them. 2008 may turn out to be a very crucial year with regard to chiropractic and Medicare as much is taking place in our nation's capitol. Also, your direct involvement locally through ICEPAC will be crucial for local issues. Stay informed and stay involved. Thanks... J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon541-928-4060

_____________________________________________________________Click here for huge discounts on tradeshow supplies.

Guest guest

Thanks for the post. Is anyone offering class on "Medicare-ready" chart note making? Preparing us for the inquest before we get audited -- that would be worth a couple hours of CE!

Christian Mathisen, DC

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

RE: Medicare

Happy new year listees,

Let me encourage you for 2008 regarding Medicare issues to improve and tighten up your record keeping (is that one word?). In 2007 the OIG (Office of Inspector General) pursued the examination of records kept by chiropractors and determined them to be generally sub-par. The quality of our recordkeeping will make a big difference as the profession works to obtain reimbursement for all services we provide, not just manipulation. This issue will also play a big role in whatever chiropractic benefits may be available in any national type of care plan. In 2008 the OIG has announced it will continue to request records from chiropractors for review. If you receive such a request please contact me immediately. Also, the ACA is requesting contact from any chiropractor receiving a request for Medicare records. If you know of someone not on this list please share this info with them. 2008 may turn out to be a very crucial year with rega rd to chiropractic and Medicare as much is taking place in our nation's capitol. Also, your direct involvement locally through ICEPAC will be crucial for local issues. Stay informed and stay involved. Thanks... J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon541-928-4060

_____________________________________________________________Click here for huge discounts on tradeshow supplies.

Guest guest

Dr. Christian,

No, currently there are no local classes being given on Medicare documentation. But, with enough interest one may be developed. Meantime I'll do some digging... J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon-- "Christian Mathisen" <cmathdc@...> wrote:

Thanks for the post. Is anyone offering class on "Medicare-ready" chart note making? Preparing us for the inquest before we get audited -- that would be worth a couple hours of CE!

Christian Mathisen, DC

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdcjeffnet (DOT) org

Happy new year listees,

Let me encourage you for 2008 regarding Medicare issues to improve and tighten up your record keeping (is that one word?). In 2007 the OIG (Office of Inspector General) pursued the examination of records kept by chiropractors and determined them to be generally sub-par. The quality of our recordkeeping will make a big difference as the profession works to obtain reimbursement for all services we provide, not just manipulation. This issue will also play a big role in whatever chiropractic benefits may be available in any national type of care plan. In 2008 the OIG has announced it will continue to request records from chiropractors for review. If you receive such a request please contact me immediately. Also, the ACA is requesting contact from any chiropractor receiving a request for Medicare records. If you know of someone not on this list please share this info with them. 2008 may turn out to be a very crucial year with rega rd to chiropractic and Medicare as much is taking place in our nation's capitol. Also, your direct involvement locally through ICEPAC will be crucial for local issues. Stay informed and stay involved. Thanks... J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon541-928-4060

_____________________________________________________________Click to make millions by owning your own franchise.

Guest guest

Larry,

Start with www.noridianmedicare.com. Generally it is easier to navigate than the CMS website. J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon-- "Larry Oliver, DC" <dro@...> wrote:

Can anyone provide the website that delineates Medicare’s chiropractic documentation requirements?

Thanks

Larry L. Oliver, DC

408 NW 7th

Corvallis, OR 97330

droheresco

voice 541-757-9933

fax 541-757-7713

The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected health information which is confidential under applicable law and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error, please notify Heresco Chiropractic & Associates, 408 NW 7th St, Corvallis, OR 97330, 541-757-9933 and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution

_____________________________________________________________Turn your website into a store with great shopping cart services. Click now!

Guest guest

It's basically fill out the CMS form, send it to Noridian, get denied, fill it

out a few more times, get denied some more and give up.

Providence and Blue Cross Medicare is much better.

Neil R. Cohen, D.C.

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> Can anyone provide the website that delineates Medicare’s chiropractic

> documentation requirements?

>

> Thanks

>

> Larry L. Oliver, DC

> 408 NW 7th

> Corvallis, OR 97330

> dro@...

> voice 541-757-9933

> fax 541-757-7713

>

>

> The information contained in this electronic message may contain protected

> health information which is confidential under applicable law and is

> intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the

> recipient of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby

> notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this communication

> is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication in error,

> please notify Heresco Chiropractic & Associates, 408 NW 7th St, Corvallis,

> OR 97330, 541-757-9933 and purge the communication immediately without

> making any copy or distribution

>

Can anyone provide the

website that delineates Medicare’s chiropractic documentation requirements?

Thanks

Larry

L. Oliver, DC

408 NW 7th

Corvallis, OR

droheresco

voice 541-757-9933

fax 541-757-7713

The information contained in this electronic message may

contain protected health information which is confidential under applicable law

and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the recipient of the message is not

the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying

or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the communication

in error, please notify Heresco Chiropractic & Associates, 408 NW 7th St,

Corvallis, OR 97330, 541-757-9933

and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution

Guest guest

Currently our local carrier remains Noridian. That will change by Dec 31. There is a chiropractic coverage document which you can download from the Noridian website but there are no established number of treatments. Just document what you do and be ready to justify the treatment provided. J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon-- " Sorah" <msorah@...> wrote:

or other Docs,

I have a few Medicare questions. Who is our local carrier? Does our local carrier have any published review guidelines that establishes a maximum number of visits per secondary diagnostic code?

Thanks,

Sorah, DC

Corvallis, OR

Beauty School Programs - Get the career you've always wanted. Click Now.

Guest guest

According to an item on the net yesterday our wonderful congress passed a bill

in the last couple of months that okayed a cut of a little more than 10% payable

to health care providers for care of Medicare patients.  They passed it,

expecting it to be deleted in a final version before going into effect. But it

wasn't - it slipped through unchanged.

The article I read said that since it was not deleted it would go into effect in

the next few weeks (perhaps July 1).  Stormont Vail Hospital in Topeka, Kansas

(one of the larger hospitals in the capitol city of Topeka) has issued a

statement that it will no longer treat Medicare patients.

Really, really scary.

Guest guest

I think the worst thing anyone on Medicare could do is join one of those

" we'll take care of you free " plans. That's HMO, pure and simple. They get

paid by the head and less they spend on the head, the bigger their profits.

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jwwright

I hadn't heard.

I hope that is something like eliminate these people who are constantly

advertising they have a cheaper Medicare funded plan.

They start an HMO type thing, but they must cut costs somewhere either in

outreach, dr quality, availability, or, and I hope not, things like severe

cancer coverage.

Guest guest

I think the worst thing anyone on Medicare could do is join one of those

" we'll take care of you free " plans. That's HMO, pure and simple. They get

paid by the head and less they spend on the head, the bigger their profits.

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of jwwright

I hadn't heard.

I hope that is something like eliminate these people who are constantly

advertising they have a cheaper Medicare funded plan.

They start an HMO type thing, but they must cut costs somewhere either in

outreach, dr quality, availability, or, and I hope not, things like severe

cancer coverage.

Guest guest

In my opinion, HMO's were where our problems began. HMO's have even

taken over veterinary care. My VERY good vet is now under one and

fights with his management daily for overcharging and undercaring.

HMO stands for " health, my orifice " again IMO.

>

> I hadn't heard.

> I hope that is something like eliminate these people who are

constantly

> advertising they have a cheaper Medicare funded plan.

> They start an HMO type thing, but they must cut costs somewhere

either in

> outreach, dr quality, availability, or, and I hope not, things like

severe

> cancer coverage.

>

> Regards

>

>

> Re: Medicare

>

>

> According to an item on the net yesterday our wonderful congress

passed a

> bill in the last couple of months that okayed a cut of a little

more than

> 10% payable to health care providers for care of Medicare

patients. They

> passed it, expecting it to be deleted in a final version before

going into

> effect. But it wasn't - it slipped through unchanged.

>

> The article I read said that since it was not deleted it would go

into

> effect in the next few weeks (perhaps July 1). Stormont Vail

Hospital in

> Topeka, Kansas (one of the larger hospitals in the capitol city of

Topeka)

> has issued a statement that it will no longer treat Medicare

patients.

>

> Really, really scary.

>

Guest guest

In my opinion, HMO's were where our problems began. HMO's have even

taken over veterinary care. My VERY good vet is now under one and

fights with his management daily for overcharging and undercaring.

HMO stands for " health, my orifice " again IMO.

>

> I hadn't heard.

> I hope that is something like eliminate these people who are

constantly

> advertising they have a cheaper Medicare funded plan.

> They start an HMO type thing, but they must cut costs somewhere

either in

> outreach, dr quality, availability, or, and I hope not, things like

severe

> cancer coverage.

>

> Regards

>

>

> Re: Medicare

>

>

> According to an item on the net yesterday our wonderful congress

passed a

> bill in the last couple of months that okayed a cut of a little

more than

> 10% payable to health care providers for care of Medicare

patients. They

> passed it, expecting it to be deleted in a final version before

going into

> effect. But it wasn't - it slipped through unchanged.

>

> The article I read said that since it was not deleted it would go

into

> effect in the next few weeks (perhaps July 1). Stormont Vail

Hospital in

> Topeka, Kansas (one of the larger hospitals in the capitol city of

Topeka)

> has issued a statement that it will no longer treat Medicare

patients.

>

> Really, really scary.

>

Guest guest

ATTENTION...ATTENTION...ATTENTION...

PLEASE NOTE THE MEDICARE SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SEPTEMBER 13, 2008 IN PORTLAND

Okay, Okay, so Medicare is FARRRRRRR from perfect but the fact I've learned is that my medicare patients appreciate the he-double hockey sticks out of me and tend to refer. I STRONGLY encourage each and everyone of you to attend the 2008 Medicare seminar featuring McClelland on September 13, 2008. The CAO recently mailed a brochure with the details and sign-up info. is THE WOMAN when it comes to Medicare and has been my source for information/clarification for years now. We are priviledged to have her come from Washington DC for this seminar. J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon

Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates approvals nationwide

Guest guest

I too have found the average Medicare patient to be kind, appreciative and a good referral source. Also they often need things like footlevelers, botanicals and other services we provide that are not covered. For the most part they will pay for these if they feel it is necessary.

Medicare is difficult to learn to bill but once you get the system figured out it is very functional. Electronic billing is the only way to go.

Colwell, DC

PLEASE NOTE THE MEDICARE SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SEPTEMBER 13, 2008 IN PORTLAND

Okay, Okay, so Medicare is FARRRRRRR from perfect but the fact I've learned is that my medicare patients appreciate the he-double hockey sticks out of me and tend to refer. I STRONGLY encourage each and everyone of you to attend the 2008 Medicare seminar featuring McClelland on September 13, 2008. The CAO recently mailed a brochure with the details and sign-up info. is THE WOMAN when it comes to Medicare and has been my source for information/clarification for years now. We are priviledged to have her come from Washington DC for this seminar. J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon____________________________________________________________ Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates approvals nationwide

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.5.7 - Release Date: 7/29/2008 12:00 AM

Guest guest

Yea, I too found Medicare patients as great people who referred their friends. Problem was, all their friends were Medicare too... Once in while a kid or grand kid would come in on a PI and overall we might then break even. Sorry to be so jaundiced in my opinion, but a bad bite keeps you away from all dogs, and Medicare was a real dog to me. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh, I will be eligible in three years, and by then a new President will have fixed health care..... Was listening to Lars Larson at noon, and a medical orthopedic equipment salesman called in, saying most of the 50+ yr old surgeons are planning to retire if we go with socialized medicine.

What a tragedy to lose some of our best Docs with plenty of talent, just because of politics. About the time us old farts are going to need hips, knees and shoulders redone the experienced surgeons will be retired and a new one just out of residency will be across the table from you... I better go get some coffee, I'm drifting. R Johansen D.C.,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818-- " Colwell" <johncc48@...> wrote:

I too have found the average Medicare patient to be kind, appreciative and a good referral source. Also they often need things like footlevelers, botanicals and other services we provide that are not covered. For the most part they will pay for these if they feel it is necessary.

Medicare is difficult to learn to bill but once you get the system figured out it is very functional. Electronic billing is the only way to go.

Colwell, DC

Okay, Okay, so Medicare is FARRRRRRR from perfect but the fact I've learned is that my medicare patients appreciate the he-double hockey sticks out of me and tend to refer. I STRONGLY encourage each and everyone of you to attend the 2008 Medicare seminar featuring McClelland on September 13, 2008. The CAO recently mailed a brochure with the details and sign-up info. is THE WOMAN when it comes to Medicare and has been my source for information/clarification for years now. We are priviledged to have her come from Washington DC for this seminar. J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon____________________________________________________________ Click for FHA loan, $0 lender fees, low rates approvals nationwide

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.5.7 - Release Date: 7/29/2008 12:00 AM

Get everything you need to hook up your own wireless network by clicking now!

Guest guest

Your limited to those specific medicare fees..Vern Saboe

Re: Using "AT" Modifier in Medicare

Hi Ron...use the AT modifier attached to any and every manipulation code billed for non-palliative/non-maintenance manipulation. Start with the first treatment following the exam in which you determine the patient has a covered condition and requires "curative" care that will eventually return the patient's condition back to that pre-injury or pre-exacerbation status. As soon as the patient's condition and status reverts from "curative" to maintenance then the AT modifier comes off and the GA modifier goes on. Give me a call if you would like.

J. Holzapfel, DCAlbany, Oregon541-928-4060

---------- Original Message ----------From: "G" <rongriceproaxis> Subject: Using "AT" Modifier in MedicareDate: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:10:49 -0000

Do any of you know for sure, (hint, Dr. Holzapfel)the correct use of the "AT" modifier in Medicare? Do you use it on every billing that is for the treatment of an acute condition, or just for the first visit, then bill subsequent visits without the "AT" modifier? There are many opinions, and a consitent group effort would be a sound idea for all of us.Please don't make this an "I don't accept medicare because..." discussion, I am just interested in the correct use of the modifier. Grice, DCAlbany, OR

Guest guest

Nope!

Vern Saboe

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Dr.

Glenn Sykes

Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:00 PM

( )

Subject: medicare

Does

Medicare still require x-rays every year?

Glenn

Sykes, DC

Gresham

Town Fair Chiropractic

Gresham,

Oregon 97030

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature

database 5223 (20100623) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.439 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2958 - Release Date: 06/23/10

11:11:00

Guest guest

Dr. Layman,

In November, when the Medicare participation lists are altered, you may then change your status. Can't do that in mid-term. You can then elect to be non-assigned and not to see Medicare patients ever again. Though that means if you see one, you have to tell Medicare. As a Chiropractor you are participating whether you see Medicare patients or not. There is no "opt out" clause for us.

Christian Mathisen, DC, CCWFN

3654 S Pacific Hwy

Medford, OR 97501

cmathdc@...

Medicare

I no longer want to accept new Medicare patients. This is in attempt to wean Medicare patients from my practice. For the time being I will continue treating existing Medicare patients. My receptionist thinks maybe I don't have this option since I accept assignment. Is this correct? Do I have to continue accepting Medicare patients if I accept assignment?

Dr. Layman

Guest guest

Dr. Layman,

If a medicare patient calls your office and you chose not to see them the humane thing to do is to tell them that you are fully booked and offer to send them to a colleague. I know that there are a number of D.C.'s in the Salem area who would be happy for the referral. If you can't think of anyone to send them to you're welcome to have them call my office and we will channel them or care for them ourselves.

Herb Freeman D.C.

Medicare

I no longer want to accept new Medicare patients. This is in attempt to wean Medicare patients from my practice. For the time being I will continue treating existing Medicare patients. My receptionist thinks maybe I don't have this option since I accept assignment. Is this correct? Do I have to continue accepting Medicare patients if I accept assignment?

Dr. Layman

Guest guest

Listserv and Dr. Layman,

if you accept assignment, it is in violation to say 'I no longer accept Medicare patients' whether they're new or existing. You must opt out. This is an absolute rule.

Keep in mind that if a medicare aged patient is in an auto accident and you accept them for this; and for some reason the claim goes belly up; you must bill medicare if the patient requests it. You would bill as a non-par provider if you've gone thru the process of declining your assignment status. You would not be able to bill the patient for ANY services that medicare doesn't cover, unless you have them sign the ABN form at the ONSET of the auto claim. That way they understand from the onset of the services provided that they may be responsible for 'uncovered' services if medicare is billed. If you turn away medicare patients when you're an assigned medicare provider, you could be in legal trouble with medicare.

Herb's correct that if you, in fact, have no current openings for any new patients, you can refer them out to a colleague; even if you're an assigned medicare provider. However, if this is challenged, and your schedule book is brought fwd as evidence, it could also result in violation if you did in fact have an opening. I've never heard of this happening in all my years in regulation. I've never heard of it happening in any state during 6 yrs of listening to all the other state board presidents at annual meetings. Still, you should be aware, that most savvy investigators will request the schedule book for any questionable activities/complaints that may involve that function.

Minga Guerrero DC

Re: Medicare

Dr. Layman,

If a medicare patient calls your office and you chose not to see them the humane thing to do is to tell them that you are fully booked and offer to send them to a colleague. I know that there are a number of D.C.'s in the Salem area who would be happy for the referral. If you can't think of anyone to send them to you're welcome to have them call my office and we will channel them or care for them ourselves.

Herb Freeman D.C.

Medicare

Dr. Layman

Guest guest

That is interesting, a little while ago I had a newly medicared patient (I don't know if that is really a word) and she did not have a PCP. She presented with a multitude of symptoms that made me suspicious of an underlying serious problem, so I wanted to refer her out for testing and imaging. To my surprise NONE of the PCPs in Silverton (over 20 of them) were accepting new Medicare patients. I finally pulled a church connection and appeal to the doc's Christian goodness and got her in. She was DX with cancer a week later and received proper treatment. All of that to say that it seems to be common practice to have limited space for Medicare patients with the MDs why not us. Cote DCSilvertonSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: AboWoman@...Sender: Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:25:18 -0400<hbf4747@...>; <Oregondcs >Subject: Re: Medicare Listserv and Dr. Layman,if you accept assignment, it is in violation to say 'I no longer accept Medicare patients' whether they're new or existing. You must opt out. This is an absolute rule. Keep in mind that if a medicare aged patient is in an auto accident and you accept them for this; and for some reason the claim goes belly up; you must bill medicare if the patient requests it. You would bill as a non-par provider if you've gone thru the process of declining your assignment status. You would not be able to bill the patient for ANY services that medicare doesn't cover, unless you have them sign the ABN form at the ONSET of the auto claim. That way they understand from the onset of the services provided that they may be responsible for 'uncovered' services if medicare is billed. If you turn away medicare patients when you're an assigned medicare provider, you could be in legal trouble with medicare. Herb's correct that if you, in fact, have no current openings for any new patients, you can refer them out to a colleague; even if you're an assigned medicare provider. However, if this is challenged, and your schedule book is brought fwd as evidence, it could also result in violation if you did in fact have an opening. I've never heard of this happening in all my years in regulation. I've never heard of it happening in any state during 6 yrs of listening to all the other state board presidents at annual meetings. Still, you should be aware, that most savvy investigators will request the schedule book for any questionable activities/complaints that may involve that function. Minga Guerrero DC Re: Medicare Dr. Layman, If a medicare patient calls your office and you chose not to see them the humane thing to do is to tell them that you are fully booked and offer to send them to a colleague. I know that there are a number of D.C.'s in the Salem area who would be happy for the referral. If you can't think of anyone to send them to you're welcome to have them call my office and we will channel them or care for them ourselves. Herb Freeman D.C. Medicare I no longer want to accept new Medicare patients. This is in attempt to wean Medicare patients from my practice. For the time being I will continue treating existing Medicare patients. My receptionist thinks maybe I don't have this option since I accept assignment. Is this correct? Do I have to continue accepting Medicare patients if I accept assignment? Dr. Layman

Guest guest

Dr. Cote,

This is a totally different situation; legally. DCs and MDs follow different rules. I'm not saying I agree with my next statements. I'm just stating facts of administrative rules/ differences between our two professions. MDs can opt out and still take an occasional medicare patient. We are not allowed to do that. If we refuse to take medicare patients, we can't take them. LIke I said, I don't agree with this at all. I realize I'm mot stating it in exact legal terms. If H. is reading, I hope he sheds more light on this subject.

thanks,

MInga

Dr. Layman,

Herb Freeman D.C.

Medicare

Dr. Layman

Guest guest

I am not sure Minga you are correct about opting out. My understanding is we can't "opt out". Are you thinking that by going form accepting assignment to not accepting assignment is considered "opting out"? My question is, can we choose not to accept a Medicare patient if one is either accepting assignment or not accepting assignment. From the different responses I am getting about this I am getting the feeling that there are a lot of opinions but may be just that, opinions. I do appreciate Ron Johansen's insight.

Dr. Layman

Medicare

Dr. Layman

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3079 - Release Date: 08/18/10 06:35:00

Guest guest

oops. you're correct> I used the wrong terminology. It should be par or non-par. We can't opt out. MDs can. However, if you accept medicare whether in the non-par or par category, you can't selectively choose which to take. That's what I was trying to get across. Sorry,

Minga

I am not sure Minga you are correct about opting out. My understanding is we can't "opt out". Are you thinking that by going form accepting assignment to not accepting assignment is considered "opting out"? My question is, can we choose not to accept a Medicare patient if one is either accepting assignment or not accepting assignment. From the different responses I am getting about this I am getting the feeling that there are a lot of opinions but may be just that, opinions. I do appreciate Ron Johansen's insight.

Dr. Layman

Medicare

Dr. Layman

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3079 - Release Date: 08/18/10 06:35:00