> > > > waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if

> > nothing else is

> > > > on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that

> weirds

> > > >

> > > > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I

wonder

> > how ironic

> > > > it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby.

> > There are so

> > > > little studies done and the few done are small scale and

there

> > are even

> > > > different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be

> taken

> > into

> > > > account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of

> > reading it

> > > > talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear

> > infections.

> > > > Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth.

Hearing

> > tested fine

> > > > at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the

> > milestones to assume

> > > > he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic

> one.

> > Yet all my

> > > > other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their

> 1st

> > bday.

> > > > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was

banded

> > from 9-12 mo

> > > > and had severe ear assymetry.

> > > >

> > > > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue

> > before he was

> > > > banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my

> 2nd

> > got her 1st

> > > > at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had

severel),

> so

> > post band.

> > > > It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even

sure

> it

> > went

> > > > completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe

> > double ear

> > > > infection. As irony has it though, it was during the

> antibiotics

> > from the

> > > > 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this

makes

> me

> > wonder if

> > > > he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since

> that

> > is not

> > > > something we would be able to know without testing for it

and

> it

> > would

> > > > effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the

> inner

> > ear and

> > > > now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected

> > drainage so

> > > > that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear

> > infections? Even

> > > > with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids

learned

> > words. His

> > > > are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my

other

> > kids spoke

> > > > perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most

> ppl

> > could

> > > > guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me

> could

> > guess what

> > > > he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has

> said

> > it less

> > > > than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But

> his

> > other words

> > > > are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes "

then

> he

> > says a

> > > > sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the

> > context. then

> > > > he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and

bye.

> > even more

> > > > interesting he also finally started signing at that time,

> signing

> > dog and

> > > > fish and again he should have signed well before a year.

> > > >

> > > > Really makes you wonder

> > > >

> > > > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections

are

> > due to a

> > > > lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped

> > breastfeeding

> > > > at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still

> interesting

> > looking

> > > > and wondering about if Plagio can play any role

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --

> > > > SC SAHM to , , , , and what

should

> we

> > name our

> > > > baby girl?

> > > >

> > > > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we

> forget

> > that he is

> > > > someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> _

> > ______________

> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > > Find them fast with Search.

> > http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?

> category=shopping

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

i know it is like 3 at 15 mo, 10 at 18, at 2 I want to say it is a lot, like 200 lets see if I can find the chart I have looked at before...

kids health says

From 18 to 24 months

Children should have a vocabulary of about 20 words by 18 months and 50 or more partial words by the time they turn 2. By age 2, kids should be learning to combine two words, such as " baby crying " or " Daddy big. " A 2-year-old should also be able to follow two-step commands (such as " Please pick up the toy and bring me your cup " ).

but 20 by 18 mo doesnt sound right as I think only 1 of mine did this and none were concerned.

OK maybe that is right as it corresponds with this chart

http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM, lka_236 <lka_236@...> wrote:

I think every baby is different. I weaned my son at 7.5 months and he is a healthy 21 month old. He has never had an ear infection and has only really been sick twice (Roseola and stomach bug..which my stomach got too) and then the common colds. My 21 month old is very

active and doesn't say a whole lot (which I'm not sure if that is a delay or just no interest yet). I know at 15 months he was on target of how many words he should have and I'm not sure how many he

should have by 2...does anyone know of a chart for that?

> > >> > > OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with

kids > until they> > > fall asleep and if they wake up in the night so sometimes I am > laying around> > > waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if > nothing else is

> > > on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that weirds> > > > > > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder > how ironic> > > it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby.

> There are so> > > little studies done and the few done are small scale and there > are even> > > different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be taken > into

> > > account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of > reading it> > > talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear > infections.> > > Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing

> tested fine> > > at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the > milestones to assume> > > he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic one. > Yet all my

> > > other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their 1st > bday. > > > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded > from 9-12 mo> > > and had severe ear assymetry.

> > > > > > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue > before he was> > > banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my 2nd > got her 1st

> > > at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel), so > post band.> > > It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure it > went> > > completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe

> double ear> > > infection. As irony has it though, it was during the antibiotics > from the> > > 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes me > wonder if

> > > he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since that > is not> > > something we would be able to know without testing for it and it > would> > > effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the

inner > ear and> > > now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected > drainage so> > > that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear > infections? Even

> > > with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned > words. His> > > are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other > kids spoke> > > perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most

ppl > could> > > guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me could > guess what> > > he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has said > it less

> > > than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But his > other words> > > are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes " then he > says a

> > > sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the > context. then> > > he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye. > even more> > > interesting he also finally started signing at that time,

signing > dog and> > > fish and again he should have signed well before a year.> > > > > > Really makes you wonder> > > > > > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are

> due to a> > > lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped > breastfeeding> > > at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still interesting > looking

> > > and wondering about if Plagio can play any role> > > > > > > > > -- > > > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we > name our

> > > baby girl?> > > > > > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget > that he is> > > someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher> > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > ___________________________________________________________> ______________> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > Find them fast with Search. > http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> >

>

-- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

" We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

Guest guest

Hello , sorry I passed up your email. Anyhow, no I dont have access to a clinical pop, but in my network of friends/collegues/coworkers I do know about 4 kids with untreated brach/plagio but would need to be creative to find folks starting the treatment/helmet process. I am based in the school setting so I do have some resources. I live in Colorado and would like to find some kidos being treated and untreated and do a seven year study. I have access to numerous developmental scales, screens and assessment tools. I was thinking about using the on my son, and then at 2 using either the WPPSI or DAS to IQ test. I think it would be really

interesting! Where are you located?

Re: Developmental Delays

Reagan- I am also a psychologist and was thinking about research in this area- as I have become so frustrated with the inconclusive research. Do you have access to a clinical population (beyond this group)? If you want to brainstorm together I would be interested if we could get our hands on some records this could be an decent retrospective design.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.