RemedySpot.com

developmental delays

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/8/2002 10:16:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Kelliesmith@... writes:

When it comes to tort, you can't go wrong with anything tells you. She is the tort queen!

Kellie,

Your too much- your the tort queen yourself- you did the stretches without any Doctor telling you to do it- that's one awesome momma! Way to go Mom!!!! What a lucky boy you have!

In a message dated 10/8/2002 10:17:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Av@... writes:

Hmm...and he didn't wake up? I'll try that...sounds like a good idea..but i think would wake up..lol.

He was, and I stress, was, LOL, a very heavy sleeper. He would fidget a little and we would take a second to stop, pat him, and back to basics (we took the stretches slow ). I have mentioned this many times, but either my son is unconscious when he sleeps or something, because I have yet to hear someone else having luck with it. Try it, you never know!

Thanks Marci!! That means so much to hear....Thanks so much!!

In a message dated 10/8/2002 10:53:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, marcisch@... writes:

I'm going to agree with Kellie. That person OBVIOUSLY doesn't have a clue about you. We know you though and I think you are a fabulous parent. You have done everything you needed to do for your child and more and he is so very lucky and blessed to have you. Please don't give it a second thought and please know that Debbie and the mods are working on this one!

Marci (Mom to )

Oklahoma

Thank you ! That is so nice to hear..b/c sometimes when i ask friends/family about this..they think i'm overreacting to something that's not there. But i'm only trying to make sure i'm doing the best thing for him. :)

Thanks!!

In a message dated 10/8/2002 11:15:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rella1234@... writes:

Your doing a great job , it shows in your posts your concern for your little one, the questions that you have and the answers you are seeking, and I know that your son will be just fine because he's got one loving mommy looking out for his best interests! Great work mom, keep it up!

' Mom

I want to add my name to those already standing up for you. I was very disturbed by those earlier posts, but didn't quite know how to respond to them. I am like you. I don't do Sam's exercises much anymore, but you can be that as soon as I see the slightest tilt or side favoring that I'm all over it. You are doing a great job, and the fact that you are willing to ask questions and ask for help is a sure sign of your excellent qualifications as a parent. Keep up the good work.

Gail

Re: Re: developmental delays

Thanks Kellie. Yea..i was thinking that too..if you are going to write a post like that..have enough guts to sign your name to it. I was looking for the kind of info that Taryn and and others have offered..not telling me about my parenting skills. Questioning someone's parenting skills will never get them to listen to the advice...all I see is the negative. Posts like the one just sent me...got the message across without adding insults. I didn't just ignore the plagio and tort...so therefore i am dealing with it fine. I got a helmet as fast as i could...i did the exercises at home that the dr gave me....i said that i am not doing the exercises as often as i should..but only after the dr told me that he is better....not before. I know i should still do them..but that does not make me not able to deal with this. Anyway, thanks Kellie!!In a message dated 10/8/2002 9:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Kelliesmith@... writes:

, I have no idea who they are either. Never seen the email addy before. I agree that whoever they are could have been a little nicer and maybe at least signed his or her name. That was pretty harsh. Don't worry, . If you weren't a fabulous parent you wouldn't be here in the first place. : )KellieFor more plagio info

I'm going to agree with Kellie. That person OBVIOUSLY doesn't have a clue about

you. We know you though and I think you are a fabulous parent. You have done

everything you needed to do for your child and more and he is so very lucky and

blessed to have you. Please don't give it a second thought and please know that

Debbie and the mods are working on this one!

Marci (Mom to )

Oklahoma

Yes , you are an awesome Mom!!!

Take care,

Re: Re: developmental delays

In a message dated 10/8/2002 1:54:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tg57@... writes:

If you cannot deal with this now, how do you expect to parent your child in the future? Who is this? I never said that i cannot deal with this now...I said that i'm not sure if he still has tort or not. No one referred me to a PT...and i was told his tort was very mild..and the cranial dr last time said that it basically was resolved....my question was why was i not referred to a PT..not that i can't deal with this. I'm not sure who wrote this to me...or if it was directed to me..but it had my post on the bottom of this one..so i'm assuming it was to me. Please don't question my ability as a parent...Mom to For more plagio info

In a message dated 10/8/2002 5:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ruby1@... writes:

i'm not sure who this is either..but i agree that wasn't nice..don't ever question your parenting ability..kellie is right..you wouldn't be here if you weren't a great parent..keep up the great work...

Thanks !!

i'm not sure who this is either..but i agree that wasn't nice..don't ever question your parenting ability..kellie is right..you wouldn't be here if you weren't a great parent..keep up the great work...

brenda

mom of tucker

-- Re: Re: developmental delays

, I have no idea who they are either. Never seen the email addy before. I agree that whoever they are could have been a little nicer and maybe at least signed his or her name. That was pretty harsh. Don't worry, . If you weren't a fabulous parent you wouldn't be here in the first place. : )KellieIn a message dated 10/8/2002 6:48:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Av@... writes:

Who is this? I never said that i cannot deal with this now...I said that i'm not sure if he still has tort or not. No one referred me to a PT...and i was told his tort was very mild..and the cranial dr last time said that it basically was resolved....my question was why was i not referred to a PT..not that i can't deal with this. I'm not sure who wrote this to me...or if it was directed to me..but it had my post on the bottom of this one..so i'm assuming it was to me. Please don't question my ability as a parent...Mom to For more plagio info

well said natalie..i posted before and ill say it again..YOU ARE A GREAT PARENT!!

brenda

-- Re: Re: developmental delays

Thanks Kellie. Yea..i was thinking that too..if you are going to write a post like that..have enough guts to sign your name to it. I was looking for the kind of info that Taryn and and others have offered..not telling me about my parenting skills. Questioning someone's parenting skills will never get them to listen to the advice...all I see is the negative. Posts like the one just sent me...got the message across without adding insults. I didn't just ignore the plagio and tort...so therefore i am dealing with it fine. I got a helmet as fast as i could...i did the exercises at home that the dr gave me....i said that i am not doing the exercises as often as i should..but only after the dr told me that he is better....not before. I know i should still do them..but that does not make me not able to deal with this. Anyway, thanks Kellie!!In a message dated 10/8/2002 9:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Kelliesmith@... writes:

, I have no idea who they are either. Never seen the email addy before. I agree that whoever they are could have been a little nicer and maybe at least signed his or her name. That was pretty harsh. Don't worry, . If you weren't a fabulous parent you wouldn't be here in the first place. : )KellieFor more plagio info

Hi ! My name is Tina, and my son Chase, 11 1/2

months, also has development delays in all areas. How old is

your son Lukas? Chase is starting physical therapy this week

and he's getting an occupational eval on the 26th, so he should

begin that therapy in early November. He's on a waiting list for

speech. If you would like to talk more about this, I'd love to. I've

also joined a child development delay group as well, if you think

you'd be interested in joinging, let me know.

Tina & Chase

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone,

I am the mother of Brock, a 5 year-old little boy with bpes.

Physically Brock is doing very well, he has had 2 surgeries so far

on his eyes, and he looks great! My question to everyone is this: he

has developmental delays, of about 18-24 months, the doctors can't

find any reason for the delays except bpes. I am wondering how many

other people either themsleves, or their children have speech, and

developmental delays associated with bpes? I have read alot of this

support groups emails, and I haven't really read of any other

children having Brock's problems. I would really could use some

support! This group has been great and I am thankful to of found it

and all of you. Thanks, Kim McNatt

Hi Micah, To answer your question, yes, Brock is the first in the family to have bpes. I thought I read somewhere, that bpes can have developmental delays. Thanks for the info. I will keep checking it out. Thanks, KimMicah Truman <micah_truman@...> wrote:

Hello Kim,So far as I know, there are no developmental delays associated withBPES. However, BPES does sometimes come in combination with other,separate, conditions, which may result in developmental issues. Ibelieve I have seen a number of emails from other members who mentionthat their children also have had some of these problems.My daughter Leah is the third consecutive generation on my family tohave BPES, and none of us have lagged developmentally.A question - is Brock the first child in the family to have BPES? Ifso, it may be possible that there are other issues that may not havebeen checked by the doctors.I hope this helps, and best wishes to you and Brock.Micah Truman-----Original Message-----From: kimberly mcnatt [mailto:kim_mcnatt@...] Sent: Sunday, November 14,

2004 11:38 PMblepharophimosis Subject: blepharophimosis developmental delaysHello Everyone,I am the mother of Brock, a 5 year-old little boy with bpes. Physically Brock is doing very well, he has had 2 surgeries so far on his eyes, and he looks great! My question to everyone is this: he has developmental delays, of about 18-24 months, the doctors can't find any reason for the delays except bpes. I am wondering how many other people either themsleves, or their children have speech, and developmental delays associated with bpes? I have read alot of this support groups emails, and I haven't really read of any other children having Brock's problems. I would really could use some support! This group has been great and I am thankful to of found it and all of you. Thanks, Kim McNatt

, Thanks for the info. I feel that Brock also has adhd. He is in the process of being tested now. What type of doctor did you take Garrett to to test him? Brock also sees ot, pt and speech through school, but I am not sure who to take him to for the adhd issues. Thanks, Kim Feichtner <mfeichtner@...> wrote:

Kim,My son Garrett is 6 and he also has developmentally delays. He also hasADHD. His speech isn't that bad, but he does say letters wrong. He wastested at the hospital and they said that speech would help, but when theschool tested him they said he didn't need any speech help at school. He isin the special needs class in school and he sees an occupational andphysical therapist each once a week. He is way far behind his peers in the1st grade. Where most of them are reading level H books he just moved to alevel B book. He can write, but most of the time it's not very legible. Hehas a problem remembering things that he learns. He'll read sight wordsevery day in class and he'll know them when he leaves school, but the nextday it's like starting all over again. He's already

forgotten them. Ireally don't think a child/person needs to have a reason to bedevelopmentally delayed though. In some cases there are reasons, but Idon't feel that BPES has caused my sons delays. There are more childrenwith developmental delays than there are children with BPES. BPES runs inmy family and goes way back. Garrett is the first one that has delays. Ihave it and so does my oldest son and neither of us had developmentaldelays. Actually my oldest son did things very early for his age. He's inthe 6th grade now and is ranked #6 out of the whole 6th grade, and he's theyoungest. He started kindergarten a week before he turned 5. Back then youhad to be 5 by the end of September and his bday is Sept. 4. All the kidsin his grade are already 12 going on 13 and he just turned 11 in Sept.

As a child I had difficultly with school. But it wasnt until I was in my early twenties that I found out that I was Bi-Polar...a chemical imbalance. Dont know if it has anything to do with BPES or not. I have a small hearing impairment, and get sick at the drop of a hat. I have a very very very small speech problem that has hindered me just a little in life especially now that i am living in sweden and trying to learn swedish.

Ami

From: kim mcnatt <kim_mcnatt@...> Reply-blepharophimosis blepharophimosis Subject: RE: blepharophimosis developmental delays Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:34:30 -0800 (PST) Hi Micah, To answer your question, yes, Brock is the first in the family to have bpes. I thought I read somewhere, that bpes can have developmental delays. Thanks for the info. I will keep checking it out. Thanks, Kim Micah Truman <micah_truman@...> wrote:Hello Kim, So far as I know, there are no developmental delays associated with BPES. However, BPES does sometimes come in combination with other, separate, conditions, which may result in developmental issues. I believe I have seen a number of emails from other members who mention that their children also have had some of these problems. My daughter Leah is the third consecutive generation on my family to have BPES, and none of us have lagged developmentally. A question - is Brock the first child in the family to have BPES? If so, it may be possible that there are other issues that may not have been checked by the doctors. I hope this helps, and best wishes to you and Brock. Micah Truman blepharophimosis developmental delays Hello Everyone, I am the mother of Brock, a 5 year-old little boy with bpes. Physically Brock is doing very well, he has had 2 surgeries so far on his eyes, and he looks great! My question to everyone is this: he has developmental delays, of about 18-24 months, the doctors can't find any reason for the delays except bpes. I am wondering how many other people either themsleves, or their children have speech, and developmental delays associated with bpes? I have read alot of this support groups emails, and I haven't really read of any other children having Brock's problems. I would really could use some support! This group has been great and I am thankful to of found it and all of you. Thanks, Kim McNatt

Kim,

Actually Garretts pediatrician referred me to the Children's Hospital here in Cincinnati. You have to have a referral from your pediatrician to get in to the Division of Developmental Disabilities at the hospital. It's a very lengthy process. It took me about 6 months just to get in for the first visit. The visit is basically a "get to know you" type of appt. You fill out tons of paperwork and from then they determine which doctors they fill your child needs to see. It's been a couple years since Garrett went there, but if i'm not mistaken he had to see 3 different docs. And of course you have to make 3 seperate appts. instead of doing all 3 the same day. After that they bring you back in to go over their findings and discuss options. I choose to have Garrett put on meds.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Thanks so much for the info. How is Garrett doing now? At what age did you start meds? Brock is 5 now and he seems to be having trouble learning in school because of his attention and hyperactivity. I don't know at what age is appropriate. I will try to get him in to the doc. Thanks again, Kim Feichtner <mfeichtner@...> wrote:

Kim,

Actually Garretts pediatrician referred me to the Children's Hospital here in Cincinnati. You have to have a referral from your pediatrician to get in to the Division of Developmental Disabilities at the hospital. It's a very lengthy process. It took me about 6 months just to get in for the first visit. The visit is basically a "get to know you" type of appt. You fill out tons of paperwork and from then they determine which doctors they fill your child needs to see. It's been a couple years since Garrett went there, but if i'm not mistaken he had to see 3 different docs. And of course you have to make 3 seperate appts. instead of doing all 3 the same day. After that they bring you back in to go over their findings and discuss options. I choose to have Garrett put on meds.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Hi Kim..

Ethan (5 years) too suffers developmental delays. He never sat up till over a year old.. never crawled till 1 1/2 and never walked till nearly two.. His speech is really hard to understand and his fine motor skills are poor. He is also still in nappies and seems to have no control over these functions yet.. probably due to having low muscle tone as well, The genetics dr we saw in Auckland told us developemenatl delays was part of this syndrome.. Where are you from again??? blepharophimosis developmental delays

Hello Everyone,I am the mother of Brock, a 5 year-old little boy with bpes. Physically Brock is doing very well, he has had 2 surgeries so far on his eyes, and he looks great! My question to everyone is this: he has developmental delays, of about 18-24 months, the doctors can't find any reason for the delays except bpes. I am wondering how many other people either themsleves, or their children have speech, and developmental delays associated with bpes? I have read alot of this support groups emails, and I haven't really read of any other children having Brock's problems. I would really could use some support! This group has been great and I am thankful to of found it and all of you. Thanks, Kim McNatt

Hi Kim

My son Aedan was totally tongue-tied at birth. He tore the phrenulum

(sp.?) half way when he was about two weeks old. He had speech delays and we

got

early intervention speech therapy. He is almost two and half and his

language is age appropriate now. His speech is still a little hard to

understand by

all due to low muscle town around the mouth. He also is pigeon toed due to

placement of his hip bone. Another problem we've come across is he has had

nursemaids elbow two times already. His joints are very loose. I have no idea

what has to do with what. But I am really greatful he is here gracing our lives.

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

FYI, as far as the developmental delays that are coming up in studies...the research still can not discriminate if the delays are correlated to the plagio or the history of the child (premature, NICU, etc...) so they are inconclusive. I would love to start some long term studies since I am a psychologist with a son with plagio.

Re: irony

Yes, I wish there was more information about long term developmental effects. I saw one small study that found 40% of boys with plagio present at birth required some type of special educational services (speech, etc.) once they were school age. (My own son was born with plagio/tort) My son hasn't had a single ear infection. He's only 8 months and has been banded 6 weeks. I'm in the process of weening him but now I'm wondering if I should hold off..? Also, I was told by the orthotist that my son's ear position wouldn't improve much if at all. Did you see a big change in your boy's ears? >> OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with kids until they> fall asleep and if

they wake up in the night so sometimes I am laying around> waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if nothing else is> on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that weirds> > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder how ironic> it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby. There are so> little studies done and the few done are small scale and there are even> different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be taken into> account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of reading it> talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear infections.> Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing tested fine> at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the milestones to assume> he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic one. Yet all my>

other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their 1st bday. > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded from 9-12 mo> and had severe ear assymetry.> > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue before he was> banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my 2nd got her 1st> at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel), so post band.> It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure it went> completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe double ear> infection. As irony has it though, it was during the antibiotics from the> 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes me wonder if> he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since that is not> something we would be able to know without testing for it and it would> effect speech. Which

of course led me to, if it was in the inner ear and> now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected drainage so> that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear infections? Even> with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned words. His> are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other kids spoke> perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most ppl could> guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me could guess what> he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has said it less> than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But his other words> are weird. he says a sound like "oosch" which is "shoes" then he says a> sound like "eesch" which is cheese or keys depending on the context. then> he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye. even more>

interesting he also finally started signing at that time, signing dog and> fish and again he should have signed well before a year.> > Really makes you wonder> > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are due to a> lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped breastfeeding> at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still interesting looking> and wondering about if Plagio can play any role> > > -- > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our> baby girl?> > "We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is> someone today." ~Stacia Tauscher>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

and some are even hard to decipher, ie there are ones that say that children are more likely to have adhd if they had plagio but it doesnt say if that is only untreated plagio or if it is plagio in general/

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Reagan Phx <phxreagan@...> wrote:

FYI, as far as the developmental delays that are coming up in studies...the research still can not discriminate if the delays are correlated to the plagio or the history of the child (premature, NICU, etc...) so they are inconclusive. I would love to start some long term studies since I am a psychologist with a son with plagio.

Re: irony

Yes, I wish there was more information about long term developmental effects. I saw one small study that found 40% of boys with plagio present at birth required some type of special educational services (speech, etc.) once they were school age. (My own son was

born with plagio/tort) My son hasn't had a single ear infection. He's only 8 months and has been banded 6 weeks. I'm in the process of weening him but now I'm wondering if I should hold off..?

Also, I was told by the orthotist that my son's ear position wouldn't improve much if at all. Did you see a big change in your boy's ears?

>> OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with kids until they> fall asleep and if they wake up in the night so sometimes I am laying around> waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if nothing else is

> on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that weirds> > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder how ironic> it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby. There are so

> little studies done and the few done are small scale and there are even> different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be taken into> account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of reading it

> talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear infections.> Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing tested fine> at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the milestones to assume

> he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic one. Yet all my> other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their 1st bday. > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded from 9-12 mo

> and had severe ear assymetry.> > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue before he was> banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my 2nd got her 1st> at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel), so post band.

> It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure it went> completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe double ear> infection. As irony has it though, it was during the antibiotics from the

> 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes me wonder if> he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since that is not> something we would be able to know without testing for it and it would

> effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the inner ear and> now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected drainage so> that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear infections? Even

> with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned words. His> are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other kids spoke> perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most ppl could

> guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me could guess what> he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has said it less> than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But his other words

> are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes " then he says a> sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the context. then> he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye. even more

> interesting he also finally started signing at that time, signing dog and> fish and again he should have signed well before a year.> > Really makes you wonder> > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are due to a

> lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped breastfeeding> at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still interesting looking> and wondering about if Plagio can play any role

> > > -- > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our> baby girl?> > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is

> someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. -- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

" We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

Guest guest

Just in the way of another point of view, my plagio baby was my 3rd

child, and she is more advanced at this age (4yrs old) than my first

two were at the same age. She walked earlier, talked earlier, and is

learning to read only slightly behind my kindergartener. For what

it's worth. :)

Becky, repo mod

, repo grad

> >

> > OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with kids

until they

> > fall asleep and if they wake up in the night so sometimes I am

laying around

> > waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if

nothing else is

> > on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that weirds

> >

> > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder

how ironic

> > it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby.

There are so

> > little studies done and the few done are small scale and there

are even

> > different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be taken

into

> > account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of

reading it

> > talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear

infections.

> > Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing

tested fine

> > at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the

milestones to assume

> > he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic one.

Yet all my

> > other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their 1st

bday.

> > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded

from 9-12 mo

> > and had severe ear assymetry.

> >

> > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue

before he was

> > banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my 2nd

got her 1st

> > at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel), so

post band.

> > It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure it

went

> > completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe

double ear

> > infection. As irony has it though, it was during the antibiotics

from the

> > 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes me

wonder if

> > he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since that

is not

> > something we would be able to know without testing for it and it

would

> > effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the inner

ear and

> > now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected

drainage so

> > that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear

infections? Even

> > with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned

words. His

> > are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other

kids spoke

> > perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most ppl

could

> > guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me could

guess what

> > he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has said

it less

> > than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But his

other words

> > are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes " then he

says a

> > sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the

context. then

> > he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye.

even more

> > interesting he also finally started signing at that time, signing

dog and

> > fish and again he should have signed well before a year.

> >

> > Really makes you wonder

> >

> > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are

due to a

> > lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped

breastfeeding

> > at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still interesting

looking

> > and wondering about if Plagio can play any role

> >

> >

> > --

> > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we

name our

> > baby girl?

> >

> > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget

that he is

> > someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

>

Guest guest

mine is developing as normal too, actually ahead of normal which is normal in our house, except for speech that is

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Becky <res103198@...> wrote:

Just in the way of another point of view, my plagio baby was my 3rd child, and she is more advanced at this age (4yrs old) than my first two were at the same age. She walked earlier, talked earlier, and is

learning to read only slightly behind my kindergartener. For what it's worth. :)Becky, repo mod, repo grad> >> > OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with kids

until they> > fall asleep and if they wake up in the night so sometimes I am laying around> > waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if nothing else is> > on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that weirds

> > > > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder how ironic> > it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby. There are so> > little studies done and the few done are small scale and there

are even> > different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be taken into> > account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of reading it> > talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear

infections.> > Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing tested fine> > at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the milestones to assume> > he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic one.

Yet all my> > other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their 1st bday. > > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded from 9-12 mo> > and had severe ear assymetry.

> > > > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue before he was> > banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my 2nd got her 1st> > at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel), so

post band.> > It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure it went> > completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe double ear> > infection. As irony has it though, it was during the antibiotics

from the> > 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes me wonder if> > he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since that is not> > something we would be able to know without testing for it and it

would> > effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the inner ear and> > now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected drainage so> > that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear

infections? Even> > with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned words. His> > are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other kids spoke> > perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most ppl

could> > guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me could guess what> > he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has said it less> > than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But his

other words> > are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes " then he says a> > sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the context. then

> > he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye. even more> > interesting he also finally started signing at that time, signing dog and> > fish and again he should have signed well before a year.

> > > > Really makes you wonder> > > > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are due to a> > lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped

breastfeeding> > at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still interesting looking> > and wondering about if Plagio can play any role> > > > > > -- > > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we

name our> > baby girl?> > > > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is> > someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher> >>

> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

-- SC SAHM to , , , , and what should we name our baby girl?

" We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

Guest guest

I think every baby is different. I weaned my son at 7.5 months and

he is a healthy 21 month old. He has never had an ear infection and

has only really been sick twice (Roseola and stomach bug..which my

stomach got too) and then the common colds. My 21 month old is very

active and doesn't say a whole lot (which I'm not sure if that is a

delay or just no interest yet). I know at 15 months he was on

target of how many words he should have and I'm not sure how many he

should have by 2...does anyone know of a chart for that?

> > >

> > > OK, I will first admit that I ap my children so I lay with

kids

> until they

> > > fall asleep and if they wake up in the night so sometimes I am

> laying around

> > > waiting with nothing to do so I think about weird things if

> nothing else is

> > > on my mind lol. I especially like little quirky isn't that

weirds

> > >

> > > So here are my 2 for today as both pertain to Plagio. I wonder

> how ironic

> > > it is that my only very late talker was my only plagio baby.

> There are so

> > > little studies done and the few done are small scale and there

> are even

> > > different ways plagio effects a child that would have to be

taken

> into

> > > account to do a study on everything. But in the few bits of

> reading it

> > > talks about effecting ear and jaw but more implies fluid/ear

> infections.

> > > Well my Plagio baby had Plagio pretty much from birth. Hearing

> tested fine

> > > at birth, never tested after that but he passes all the

> milestones to assume

> > > he doesn't have a hearing problem or at least not a chronic

one.

> Yet all my

> > > other children have said their 1st at least 3 words by their

1st

> bday.

> > > said no words at 12 mo, no words at 15 mo even. He was banded

> from 9-12 mo

> > > and had severe ear assymetry.

> > >

> > > But an interesting OTOH, he did not have a single ear issue

> before he was

> > > banded. He didn't get his 1st ear infection until 15 mo (my

2nd

> got her 1st

> > > at 6 mo, my 3rd at 5 mo and both by his age had had severel),

so

> post band.

> > > It was a bad double ear infection and now we are not even sure

it

> went

> > > completely away b/c it has been a month and he has a severe

> double ear

> > > infection. As irony has it though, it was during the

antibiotics

> from the

> > > 1st one that he finally started talking. Of course this makes

me

> wonder if

> > > he has had fluid in the inner ear at all prior to this since

that

> is not

> > > something we would be able to know without testing for it and

it

> would

> > > effect speech. Which of course led me to, if it was in the

inner

> ear and

> > > now that we have straitened his ears has it somehow effected

> drainage so

> > > that instead it is now in the middle ear thus causing ear

> infections? Even

> > > with now knowing some words it isnt like my other kids learned

> words. His

> > > are not comprehendable really, except mama. Not that my other

> kids spoke

> > > perfectly, my 2nd had a lot of articulation issues. But most

ppl

> could

> > > guess what they were saying, I do not think anyone but me

could

> guess what

> > > he says except mama. dada was comprehendable too but he has

said

> it less

> > > than a handful of times and I havent heard it in weeks. But

his

> other words

> > > are weird. he says a sound like " oosch " which is " shoes " then

he

> says a

> > > sound like " eesch " which is cheese or keys depending on the

> context. then

> > > he says the long i sound which is what he says for hi and bye.

> even more

> > > interesting he also finally started signing at that time,

signing

> dog and

> > > fish and again he should have signed well before a year.

> > >

> > > Really makes you wonder

> > >

> > > Of course what I really believe is that the ear infections are

> due to a

> > > lessening of his immune system and immunities b/c he stopped

> breastfeeding

> > > at 14 mo, 1st ear infection within a month. But still

interesting

> looking

> > > and wondering about if Plagio can play any role

> > >

> > >

> > > --

> > > SC SAHM to , , , , and what should

we

> name our

> > > baby girl?

> > >

> > > " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we

forget

> that he is

> > > someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

_

> ______________

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> > Find them fast with Search.

> http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?

category=shopping

> >

>