Guest guest

MMS in a Neti Pot

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm currently fighting a sinus infection. This goes back to the events that

I previously alluded to but have not yet explained about what happened to me

on Christmas Eve. After Christmas, I caught this cold, and because of those

events and the sudden cold weather and my situation that required me to be

out in that weather, I could not prevent a sinus infection.

I bought a Neti-Pot and it was helping me battle the infection, but battle

was all, not win. I was being careful about starting back on MMS to avoid

the ill effects I had before Christmas, and it was not enough to stop this

infection.

This morning at 5 AM, on an empty stomach, I took 9 drops of AMMS. That

shortly went through my left sinuses like a hot poker. Gave me waves of

nausea right away, and four hours later some diarrhea, but I'm better on all

fronts now.

I just now washed out my sinuses with the rinse that came with my Neti-Pot

from NEILMED (saline and baking soda), and I added ONE DROP of MMS and about

1/4 teaspoon of citric acid. This was in 8 ounces of the saline/baking soda

solution and believe me, that was plenty strong enough.

It's now been about 30 minutes since I did it and I have no bad effects

except I still smell chlorine. Now I'm going to rinse again with only the

saline/soda solution.

I'll let y'all know what happens...

Daddybob

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008

12:05 PM

Guest guest

Brave man! Lol

My brother suffered from constant sinus for years. He was on 2 prescription nasal sprays a day, had lost his sense of smell years ago, and even with the prescriptions to help him be able to breath better through the nose he still would have to go in and get shots twice a year when the bad allergy seasons would hit. He always sounded stuffy.

Last year he was here visiting and sounding so horrible and had already gone to get his shots but they hadn't kicked in yet. So I told him about neti pots. (I have never used one--I'm weird about things going up my nose :-) He was so miserable he was willing to try anything, so we went down and bought him one.

It has been a year now and he will NOT be without one. He uses it every day--only once a day (some people use it twice or more a day if they feel bad) and has not had to get any shots at all this year, has his sense of smell back, never sounds congested and has cut one prescription out. He says he believes he can now do without the other one, but that he wants to get past cedar fever season before stopping it, just in case. He will not leave his house for a trip without taking his neti pot with him. He has only ever used just the salt and baking soda in it, though I have told him about using CS. He's just so satisfied with the salt/soda that he doesn't feel the need for anything else.

My other brother got here this spring and had a cold so my older brother told him all about the neti pot. We went and got him one, too. It helped through the cold, but once a cold sets in it is harder to get rid of just with the neti. If you start the neti as soon as you feel it coming on it will usually wipe the cold out.

I bought myself a neti pot because my brothers swear to me that it is easy to do and no, it doesn't run down your throat (which would have me throwing up), but I still haven't gotten up the courage to try it. Sigh

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

I just now washed out my sinuses with the rinse that came with my Neti-Pot

from NEILMED (saline and baking soda), and I added ONE DROP of MMS and about

1/4 teaspoon of citric acid. This was in 8 ounces of the saline/baking soda

solution and believe me, that was plenty strong enough.

Guest guest

The neti is a life saver. To really get over my sinus condition which was chronic, I had

to add just a pinch of Nystatin in with sea salt. I did this at the urging of an MD friend of

mine who thinks outside the box. 90% of chronic sinusitis is due to mold.

I got even more results when I added an equal amount of Xylitol, which keeps bacteria

from sticking to mucous membranes.

jp

My brother suffered from constant sinus for years. He was on 2 prescription nasal sprays a day, had lost his sense of smell years ago, and even with the prescriptions to help him be able to breath better through the nose he still would have to go in and get shots twice a year when the bad allergy seasons would hit. He always sounded stuffy.

Last year he was here visiting and sounding so horrible and had already gone to get his shots but they hadn't kicked in yet. So I told him about neti pots. (I have never used one--I'm weird about things going up my nose :-) He was so miserable he was willing to try anything, so we went down and bought him one.

It has been a year now and he will NOT be without one. He uses it every day--only once a day (some people use it twice or more a day if they feel bad) and has not had to get any shots at all this year, has his sense of smell back, never sounds congested and has cut one prescription out. He says he believes he can now do without the other one, but that he wants to get past cedar fever season before stopping it, just in case. He will not leave his house for a trip without taking his neti pot with him. He has only ever used just the salt and baking soda in it, though I have told him about using CS. He's just so satisfied with the salt/soda that he doesn't feel the need for anything else.

My other brother got here this spring and had a cold so my older brother told him all about the neti pot. We went and got him one, too. It helped through the cold, but once a cold sets in it is harder to get rid of just with the neti. If you start the neti as soon as you feel it coming on it will usually wipe the cold out.

I bought myself a neti pot because my brothers swear to me that it is easy to do and no, it doesn't run down your throat (which would have me throwing up), but I still haven't gotten up the courage to try it. Sigh

Samala,

Guest guest

wrote: > 90% of chronic sinusitis is due to mold.

I got even more results when I added an equal amount of Xylitol, which keeps bacteria

from sticking to mucous membranes. <

- I used xylitol yesterday in my neti pot, but when that subject comes up I always give this disclaimer- never let a xylitol solution sit around unused, always use it and mix it fresh. It will grow aspergillus mold. I gave myself a dandy sinus mold infection that way a few years back.

Daddybob

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM

Guest guest

On the subject of Xylitol, just a note that it causes liver failure in dogs.

[ ] RE: MMS in a Neti Pot

wrote: > 90% of chronic sinusitis is due to mold. I got even more results when I added an equal amount of Xylitol, which keeps bacteria

- I used xylitol yesterday in my neti pot, but when that subject comes up I always give this disclaimer- never let a xylitol solution sit around unused, always use it and mix it fresh. It will grow aspergillus mold. I gave myself a dandy sinus mold infection that way a few years back.

Daddybob

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

While I have never tried soda in my sinus wash, I usually put in Goldenseal. My husband is allergic. CS helped us get rid of some kind of fungal infection of many years. C

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Thanks, both, for this information.

DB, I always use the Xylitol in the Neti

right away, although I have used Xylitol in

my decaf tea for sweetness. I wonder if it would

grow in refridgerated tea.

As far as liver failure in dogs, I hope that doesn't

transfer to humans.

jp

On the subject of Xylitol, just a note that it causes liver failure in dogs.

wrote: > 90% of chronic sinusitis is due to mold. I got even more results when I added an equal amount of Xylitol, which keeps bacteria

Daddybob

Guest guest

I have had satisfactory results by adding ONE drop of MMS to my

Neti water. I also add a little sea salt and Xylitol. The Xylitol works

to keep bacteria from sticking to the sinuses and is an important part

of the treatment. I've learned not to use more than one activated drop of

MMS though, or my sinuses start to detox.

jp

> I just now washed out my sinuses with the rinse that came with my Neti-Pot

> from NEILMED (saline and baking soda), and I added ONE DROP of MMS and

> about

> 1/4 teaspoon of citric acid. This was in 8 ounces of the saline/baking

> soda

> solution and believe me, that was plenty strong enough.

>

> It's now been about 30 minutes since I did it and I have no bad effects

> except I still smell chlorine. Now I'm going to rinse again with only the

> saline/soda solution.

>

> I'll let y'all know what happens...

>

> Daddybob