RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

test results

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There seems to be two parts to what it says. A high ratio of SA (in ng/dL) to

PRA (in ng/mL/hour) is a positive screening test result, a finding that warrants

further testing. this says screening test with high ratio is positive screening

test.

An SA/PRA ratio >20 and SA >15 ng/dL indicates probable primary aldosteronism.

this says that a ratio of 20 and a SA on 15 indicates probable PA

> > > >

> > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit.

> > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of " leeway " in the measurement.

> > > > Regards

> > > >

> > > > RE: test results

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is

<1.6

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > .

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

> > >

> > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> > > http://www.eset.com

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

> >

> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> > http://www.eset.com

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

>

> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> http://www.eset.com

>

Guest guest

I question the accuracy of the low renin.

If it's 0.2 and the measurement is off by 0.2 then the ratio suffers.

How many get retested when the renin is very low?

Regards

RE: test results> > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6> > > >

__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

I'll probably get another set of Renin, Aldo and K, next annual, and go in NOT fasted to be sure I'm not dehydrated (from low sodium intake).

They usually concentrate on lipids and blood glucose, and the change in blood volume throws off the Ca, PSA, kidney function, etc.

Regards.

RE: test results> > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6> > > > > > > >> . > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com>__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

So if I understand that correctly it's

the ratio > 20 AND SA>15?

Regards

RE: test results> > > > > > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6> > > > > > > > > > > >> > . > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________> > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> > http://www.eset.com> >> > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com>__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

In general the closer one is to the upper or lower limits of a test the greater the variation in the assay itself. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 10:55 AM, jwwright wrote: My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit. Leads me to believe there's a lot of "leeway" in the measurement. Regards RE: test results There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6 ValFrom: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of bridget Okay, so I got my test results, My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0Does this mean I don't have PA?????Bridget __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Depends on what they are measureing: PRA or blood renin conentration. They are not the same. PRA is better. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:10 AM, Francis Bill wrote: Some labs say that blood can't be refrigerated but has to be frozen or room temp. > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt > > aldo is <1.6 > > > > > > Val > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of bridget > > > > > > > > > Okay, so I got my test results, > > > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0 > > > Does this mean I don't have PA????? > > > Bridget > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Yes but most don't want to operate to test this conjuncture. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Francis Bill wrote: It is the ratio not the ranges that matters in PA. Most use a ratio 20 or higher to show PA. 20 is used becaues 80% of the time you have PA. Can still have PA at lower ratio just less chance of it. At some ratio it would be a 50% chance that you have PA. I think that just looking at the ratio that is 20 or above does a disservice to 75% of those that may have PA. > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit. > Leads me to believe there's a lot of "leeway" in the measurement. > Regards > > RE: test results > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6 > > > > Val > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of bridget > > > > Okay, so I got my test results, > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0 > Does this mean I don't have PA????? > Bridget > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com >

Guest guest

I could do individual patient video conferences if folks are interested. Need to think about what would be fair fee. I currently charge $100 per hour for consulting. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 1:26 PM, bridget wrote: not sure what that is, with the doctors? > > >> > > > >> > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt > > >> aldo is <1.6 > > >> > > > >> > Val > > >> > > > >> > From: hyperaldosteronism > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of bridget > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > Okay, so I got my test results, > > >> > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0 > > >> > Does this mean I don't have PA????? > > >> > Bridget > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

The problem is to get the other Drs to watch. Most hypertension updates don't discuss Conn's much. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 1:48 PM, Francis Bill wrote: Was refering to Dr Grim doing them. Video conferences are done over the Internet I bit like useing a web cam. The idea being He could teach hundreds of doctors at one time. He can do this from his home if he has the setup. > > > >> > > > > >> > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt > > > >> aldo is <1.6 > > > >> > > > > >> > Val > > > >> > > > > >> > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of bridget > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > Okay, so I got my test results, > > > >> > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0 > > > >> > Does this mean I don't have PA????? > > > >> > Bridget > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Our standard is to have the pt eat a low salt diet for one day and take 40 mg Lasix tid for that day. Get renin next am. If it is low after this it is low! May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 4:46 PM, jwwright wrote: I question the accuracy of the low renin. If it's 0.2 and the measurement is off by 0.2 then the ratio suffers. How many get retested when the renin is very low? Regards RE: test results> > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6> > > > . __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

My point is that everyone keeps missing is how do you set the lower limit for SA or ratio? The only good definition (see article) is to look at some whose ratio is say 19.99 and the aldo is 14.99 and do AVS and if lateralizes do surgery and see if they have adenoma or hyperplasia. If some or most do then now you look at AR 18 and SA of say 14, then AR 17 andn SA of say 13 etc. Till you find a point where no one lateralizes. Do you or they think that one day the AR was say 10 and the SA say 10 and then suddenly it jumped to 20 and 15? More likely the syndrome evolved as noted in the article. Some evolve or years maybe some over only a few months. IT will also depend on how much salt is being eaten. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Francis Bill wrote: From Mayo lab site A high ratio of SA (in ng/dL) to PRA (in ng/mL/hour) is a positive screening test result, a finding that warrants further testing. An SA/PRA ratio >20 and SA >15 ng/dL indicates probable primary aldosteronism. Confirmatory testing—aldosterone suppression testing An elevated SA/PRA ratio is not diagnostic by itself, and primary aldosteronism must be confirmed by demonstrating inappropriate aldosterone secretion. The list of drugs and hormones capable of affecting the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis is extensive; and frequently in patients with severe hypertension, a "medication-contaminated" evaluation is unavoidable. Calcium channel blockers, & #945;1 & #8722;adrenergic receptor blockers, and ß-adrenergic receptor blockers do not affect the diagnostic accuracy in most cases. It is impossible to interpret data obtained from patients receiving treatment with spironolactone. Therefore, spironolactone treatment should not be initiated until the evaluation is completed and the final decisions about treatment are made. If primary aldosteronism is suspected in a patient receiving treatment with spironolactone, the treatment should be discontinued for at least 6 weeks. I would as long as you are doing good wouldn't be overly concerned. I would just keep a watch on things and if you start seening things in your self that you are seening in others on here. Then you might want to do other tests. At this time I can't say for sure if I have PA but based on what I see here I belive I do. A lot of little things have been going on with me that I now think have led up to a big thing. I belive what pushed it over edge was doing a lot labor it the hot humid weather. Loseing more K then I was replacing. I think at this point my system was no longer able to overcome the aldo. > > > > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit. > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of "leeway" in the measurement. > > > Regards > > > > > > RE: test results > > > > > > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > > http://www.eset.com > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com >

Guest guest

My point is that everyone keeps missing is how do you set the lower limit for SA or ratio? The only good definition (see article) is to look at some whose ratio is say 19.99 and the aldo is 14.99 and do AVS and if lateralizes do surgery and see if they have adenoma or hyperplasia. If some or most do then now you look at AR 18 and SA of say 14, then AR 17 andn SA of say 13 etc. Till you find a point where no one lateralizes. Do you or they think that one day the AR was say 10 and the SA say 10 and then suddenly it jumped to 20 and 15? More likely the syndrome evolved as noted in the article. Some evolve or years maybe some over only a few months. IT will also depend on how much salt is being eaten. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 3:38 PM, Francis Bill wrote: From Mayo lab site A high ratio of SA (in ng/dL) to PRA (in ng/mL/hour) is a positive screening test result, a finding that warrants further testing. An SA/PRA ratio >20 and SA >15 ng/dL indicates probable primary aldosteronism. Confirmatory testing—aldosterone suppression testing An elevated SA/PRA ratio is not diagnostic by itself, and primary aldosteronism must be confirmed by demonstrating inappropriate aldosterone secretion. The list of drugs and hormones capable of affecting the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis is extensive; and frequently in patients with severe hypertension, a "medication-contaminated" evaluation is unavoidable. Calcium channel blockers, & #945;1 & #8722;adrenergic receptor blockers, and ß-adrenergic receptor blockers do not affect the diagnostic accuracy in most cases. It is impossible to interpret data obtained from patients receiving treatment with spironolactone. Therefore, spironolactone treatment should not be initiated until the evaluation is completed and the final decisions about treatment are made. If primary aldosteronism is suspected in a patient receiving treatment with spironolactone, the treatment should be discontinued for at least 6 weeks. I would as long as you are doing good wouldn't be overly concerned. I would just keep a watch on things and if you start seening things in your self that you are seening in others on here. Then you might want to do other tests. At this time I can't say for sure if I have PA but based on what I see here I belive I do. A lot of little things have been going on with me that I now think have led up to a big thing. I belive what pushed it over edge was doing a lot labor it the hot humid weather. Loseing more K then I was replacing. I think at this point my system was no longer able to overcome the aldo. > > > > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit. > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of "leeway" in the measurement. > > > Regards > > > > > > RE: test results > > > > > > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > > http://www.eset.com > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > http://www.eset.com >

Guest guest

What I have witnessed in doing this for 45 years is what I call diagnositic creep. The ratio and SA required to DX PA has gone progressively down. As we get better at picking up smaller tumors with better scans we move our values down. Would be a good history to make a table by year of the renin, aldo and AR used to Dx PA. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 23, 2009, at 5:51 PM, jwwright wrote: So if I understand that correctly it's the ratio > 20 AND SA>15? Regards RE: test results> > > > > > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously doubt aldo is <1.6> > > > > > > > > > > >> > . > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________> > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> > http://www.eset.com> >> > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com>__________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Maybe time to find a better way then just the ratio test. Since many of us know

we have the tumor and have high BP readings and sometimes low K. Then we have a

high probably of having PA. Then we have PRA done and ratio says we don't have

PA. So either the ratio test is flawed or we have something else that that looks

like PA. To many doctors don't look at what is really going on.

> > > > >

> > > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit.

> > > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of " leeway " in the

> > measurement.

> > > > > Regards

> > > > >

> > > > > RE: test results

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously

> > doubt aldo is <1.6

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > .

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

> > > >

> > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> > > > http://www.eset.com

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

> >

> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> > http://www.eset.com

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

The ratio only works if you have the right amount of salt, your K is normal, and

you are on no meds that interfere with PRA.

I think in my self it has taking many years to get to where I am now. I do think

some things showed up in small ways over the years. That is If I have PA.

> > > > >

> > > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit.

> > > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of " leeway " in the

> > measurement.

> > > > > Regards

> > > > >

> > > > > RE: test results

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously

> > doubt aldo is <1.6

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > .

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________

> > > >

> > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

> > > > http://www.eset.com

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I would hope that if Drs paid for education they would watch.

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously

> > doubt

> > > > > >> aldo is <1.6

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Val

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf

> > Of bridget

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Okay, so I got my test results,

> > > > > >> > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0

> > > > > >> > Does this mean I don't have PA?????

> > > > > >> > Bridget

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously

> > doubt

> > > > > >> aldo is <1.6

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Val

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf

> > Of bridget

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > Okay, so I got my test results,

> > > > > >> > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0

> > > > > >> > Does this mean I don't have PA?????

> > > > > >> > Bridget

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

If this was done as part of Dr visit would insurance pay? This may be something

to try. Maybe you should contact medical centers and see how the respond to

trying this. I see there is a VA medical center near you. Think you could do

something with them?

> > > > >> >

> > > > >> > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously

> > doubt

> > > > >> aldo is <1.6

> > > > >> >

> > > > >> > Val

> > > > >> >

> > > > >> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > >> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of

> > bridget

> > > > >> >

> > > > >> >

> > > > >> > Okay, so I got my test results,

> > > > >> > My aldo was <1.6 and my Renin was 2.0

> > > > >> > Does this mean I don't have PA?????

> > > > >> > Bridget

> > > > >> >

> > > > >>

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I watch many CME lectures - they're on discovery health. Lotsa useful info,

over y over.

The same stuff.

I read many articles, again the same stuff.

I even communicate them to my Dr friends, eg, the one on detecting

pancreatic cancer optically.

Drug communicate data almost every week at luncheons - mostly concerning the

stuff they sell.

They don't make a lotta money on spironolactone.

A main problem, IMO, is the medical community cannot get together on many

issues. So on the sidelines we must talk it out and figure out our own

problems.

Right now, I'm thinking more about H1N1, until the scare is over, maybe 26

weeks.

Regards

Re: test results

Guest guest

One of our goals here is to improve knowledge and practice. Those on the diagostic edge will always be a problem.Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in population's today.On Monday, October 26, 2009, at 09:05AM, "Francis Bill" <georgewbill@...> wrote: Maybe time to find a better way then just the ratio test. Since many of us know we have the tumor and have high BP readings and sometimes low K. Then we have a high probably of having PA. Then we have PRA done and ratio says we don't have PA. So either the ratio test is flawed or we have something else that that looks like PA. To many doctors don't look at what is really going on. > > > > > > > > > > My Aldo ranges upright were <= 28, <=21. No lower limit. > > > > > Leads me to believe there's a lot of "leeway" in the > > measurement. > > > > > Regards > > > > > > > > > > RE: test results > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There is something wrong with those results. I seriously > > doubt aldo is <1.6 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > > > > > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > > > > http://www.eset.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > > > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > > > http://www.eset.com > > > > > > > > > > > > > __________ NOD32 4389 (20090902) Information __________ > > > > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. > > http://www.eset.com > > > > >

Guest guest

I would count how many times a night you get up to pee. Get your Hx of BP and K as far back as you can. Get fam Hx of HTN and K and age and cause of death as far back as you can. The NIH has s good website to do this. On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:26 AM, cowdoc@... wrote:Did the renal artery duplex ultrasound today and it was normal. Dr. Grim I got an appointment with Dr. Reams on the 5th of January. Thanks for the information. From now until then is there anything I need to be keeping track of that would be helpful information for him?DanaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

Where on the NIH website do I find the link or form you mentioned below for recording all the stuff I need to take to Dr. Reams? DanaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:17:57 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Test results I would count how many times a night you get up to pee. Get your Hx of BP and K as far back as you can. Get fam Hx of HTN and K and age and cause of death as far back as you can. The NIH has s good website to do this. On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:26 AM, cowdocsbcglobal (DOT) net wrote:Did the renal artery duplex ultrasound today and it was normal. Dr. Grim I got an appointment with Dr. Reams on the 5th of January. Thanks for the information. From now until then is there anything I need to be keeping track of that would be helpful information for him?DanaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

See 5 below. This is our welcome to the group but some dont get it.Ce Welcome1. Read my article in our files on the evolution of PA (Evolution_of_PA-Grim.pdf ) and take to all members of health care team. Tell us what stage you believe you are in.2. Read our Conn's stories files and then give us your own in as much detail as you can. To see others' stories, on the Hyperaldosteronism home page, go to Files/Conns Stories. You'll find instructions in "A - How to put your story here.doc " 3. Get the DASH diet book by T. et al, read it and use it. $8 in paperback at your local bookstore.or go to http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdfdownload this 64 page booklet free and do the Week on the DASH Diet for 2 weeks. If you are on BP meds be prepared for a large fall in BP and let your Dr. know you are doing this.4. Measure your BP daily so you can see if it is getting better. If you are taking meds be sure to tell your health care team you are doing this as your BP may plummet to normal quickly.5. Go to familyhistory.hhs.gov and do your detailed family medical history so we can review with you to help Dx familial causes of high blood pressure and heart disease. If BP runs in your family you may save others in your family by checking their BP yourself.6. Go to our file/Conn's Articles of Note/Medications/Bravo spir 1973.pdf and read this article and take to your health care team.7. If you have been Dxed with PA already and are on Rx or have had surgery please go to http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HIJIO_f2685379 and complete our survey with as much information as you know. If there is some information you don'k know ask us and we will help. If you need to update this as you journey thru the diagnostic/treatment process you can add another entry but label it as Nameyymmdd. For example today 6/12/09 for me would be Grim090612. This ever increasing number will allow us and you to sort your multiple entries into a dated order. 8. If you are new to medical lingo then download the acroyms from bloodpressureline/message/291869. Go to NIH and see if you are interested and qualify for their free testing in Bethdesda , MD.Clarence E. Grim BS, MS, MD, FACP, FACCBoard Certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and High Blood PressureClinincal Professor of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Medical College of WisconsinSpecializing in Difficult to Control HIgh Blood Pressure. On Dec 9, 2009, at 6:25 PM, cowdoc@... wrote:Where on the NIH website do I find the link or form you mentioned below for recording all the stuff I need to take to Dr. Reams? DanaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:17:57 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Test results I would count how many times a night you get up to pee. Get your Hx of BP and K as far back as you can. Get fam Hx of HTN and K and age and cause of death as far back as you can. The NIH has s good website to do this. On Dec 9, 2009, at 11:26 AM, cowdocsbcglobal (DOT) net wrote:Did the renal artery duplex ultrasound today and it was normal. Dr. Grim I got an appointment with Dr. Reams on the 5th of January. Thanks for the information. From now until then is there anything I need to be keeping track of that would be helpful information for him?DanaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

As I recall this one is often high in children

Mandi x

In a message dated 08/09/2010 15:35:23 GMT Daylight Time, n.trotman@... writes:

Serum alkaline phosphatise – 302u/L – HIGH

Guest guest

Hi

I

have just had some test results from the hospital and I was wondering if anyone

could tell me what they mean OR point me in the direction of where I can find

out what they mean. They are:

·