RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

doctors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree with you Sharon,, I would be very upset with the attitude being sent my way especially when NOT called for.. I would give much to see this virus eradicated!Sharon Crosby <blubirdxoxo@...> wrote: Because needle sharing is so common among drug users and drug users pass this disease along frequently, it is (rightly or wrongly) assumed that many of the people who have HVC come from that background. They HAVE to collect the pertinent information for the statistics people. One doc I saw tried very hard to claim me as a druggie statistic and then as a heavy drinker, and I have never even been around some one else who used drugs nor have I ever drank very much, I simply throw up!!. I'm from small town mid America and from a VERY conventional family. He sure tried,

tho. Once you're past the hurdles, you might have found a good doctor, who knows. I would be much more upset with rudeness and an uncaring attitude to me than with answering questions about the source of the problem. (which does not matter to you and me, but does to those who are counting). SharonHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: im at a loss with docs here as well as im trying to find a new doc my 3rd,he returned the call himself and just had a few questions #1 was are you still useing drugs,assumeing im a drug addict,2nd was do i have co infection,3rd was insurance come on when do i get a break in this town ,I GUESS MAYBE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND Y I FEEL I MUST TREAT MYSELF,AND LOOK AT THINGS FROM THE OTHER SIDE,ALTERNATIVE DOCS WILL SPEND THE TIME AND THE HEALTH STORES HERE

HAVE SOME HEP C EMPLOYEES THAT HELP ALOT AND DONT SEEM TO JUDGE,DONT GET MY WRONG IM NOT ASHAMED OF A THING IVE MADE MISTAKES AND SOME BAD CALLS IN MY LIFE BUT WHO HASNT,THE ATERNATIVE ADVICE I GET IS MUCH MORE SINCERE AND THE KNOWLEGE SEEMS FAR MORE THEN ANY DOC IVE TALKT TO, SO TELL ME AM I WRONG? Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. Jackie

Guest guest

Tim,, you have to do what is right for you,, no matter what anyone else says,, you have MY support,, hugs, jaxHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: im at a loss with docs here as well as im trying to find a new doc my 3rd,he returned the call himself and just had a few questions #1 was are you still useing drugs,assumeing im a drug addict,2nd was do i have co infection,3rd was insurance come on when do i get a break in this town ,I GUESS MAYBE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND Y I FEEL I MUST TREAT MYSELF,AND LOOK AT THINGS FROM THE OTHER SIDE,ALTERNATIVE DOCS WILL SPEND THE TIME AND THE HEALTH STORES HERE HAVE SOME HEP C EMPLOYEES THAT HELP ALOT AND DONT SEEM TO JUDGE,DONT GET MY WRONG IM NOT ASHAMED OF A THING IVE MADE MISTAKES AND SOME BAD CALLS IN MY LIFE BUT WHO HASNT,THE ATERNATIVE ADVICE I GET IS MUCH MORE SINCERE

AND THE KNOWLEGE SEEMS FAR MORE THEN ANY DOC IVE TALKT TO, SO TELL ME AM I WRONG? Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice. Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Jenn Its very important that YOU REPORT him to the AMA.. there is no excuse for treating you that way, it borders on abuse! PLEASE report it,, jennifer green <jenngreeny@...> wrote: Hello everyone, I have a question for you. I just finished treatment for six months (peg and copeg) and am waiting to see if I stay undetectable. During the course of my treatment I had the meanest doctor. I had to rely on all of my own research and he definitely looked down on me because of the stigma of hep c. He never told me side effects to be expected from any of the other stuff he prescribed (migraine meds etc., procrit) and I thought he was very rude. At the end of the treatment session my husband and I came in really early (20 minutes ahead of time) and the doctor just sat there silently waiting for me to ask

questions. He had nothing to say at this mandatory end of treatment session (although he got paid 200 bucks) and he looked at his watch implying we were taking up his time even though the clock was ten minutes earlier than our appointment was scheduled for. Has anyone ever experienced judgment by their doctors and if so is it worth complaining about? Thanks, Jenn New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big. Jackie

Guest guest

Thank you Jackie (by the way I have been 'new' here for a long time but I am now just talking to people so nice to meet you :-). I will report him, do you know how I can do this? I thought he was supposed to tell me about how I would feel, you know? Like, I know I am done with the meds but I still don't quite feel right. The first weekend I feel silly because it was my birthday and I was expecting to feel great. Little did I know that I wouldn't feel good, and I told my doctor that I wish he would have told me. He said I am on my way to feeling better so maybe I am just feeling to emotional! I couldn't believe it because I didn't know that I would feel so sick. Also, weren't' there end of treatment things he was supposed to inform me about? I didn't know what to ask because I didn't know enough about the end of treatment. There was my rant for the day, JennJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Hi Jenn Its very important that YOU REPORT him to the AMA.. there is no excuse for treating you that way, it borders on abuse! PLEASE report it,, jennifer green <jenngreeny@...> wrote: Hello everyone, I have a question for you. I just finished treatment for six months (peg and copeg) and am waiting to see if I stay undetectable. During the course of my treatment I had the meanest doctor. I had to rely on all of my own research and he definitely looked down on me because of the stigma of hep c. He never told me side effects to be expected from any of the other stuff he prescribed (migraine meds etc., procrit) and I thought he was very rude. At the end of the treatment session my husband and

I came in really early (20 minutes ahead of time) and the doctor just sat there silently waiting for me to ask questions. He had nothing to say at this mandatory end of treatment session (although he got paid 200 bucks) and he looked at his watch implying we were taking up his time even though the clock was ten minutes earlier than our appointment was scheduled for. Has anyone ever experienced judgment by their doctors and if so is it worth complaining about? Thanks, Jenn New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big. Jackie

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hi ,, its nice to meet you too! Yes, in order for YOU TO MAKE an informed decision or make informed conscent, he should have to tell you all the risks, the side effects,, and HOW he is going to take care of you if you have these side effects,, My doc spent several hours explaining this to me.. and most do.. sounds like your doc is just burned out and shouldnt be treating hep c,, not that THAT excuses his behavior,, and you should call your local AMA and board of medical advisors.. and I would also report him to the manufacturer of the INF you took, whether it was scherring or Roche,, they need to know this,, once again, nice to meet you and IM looking forward to learning more about you,, jaxjennifer green <jenngreeny@...> wrote: Thank you Jackie (by the way I have been 'new' here for a long time

but I am now just talking to people so nice to meet you :-). I will report him, do you know how I can do this? I thought he was supposed to tell me about how I would feel, you know? Like, I know I am done with the meds but I still don't quite feel right. The first weekend I feel silly because it was my birthday and I was expecting to feel great. Little did I know that I wouldn't feel good, and I told my doctor that I wish he would have told me. He said I am on my way to feeling better so maybe I am just feeling to emotional! I couldn't believe it because I didn't know that I would feel so sick. Also, weren't' there end of treatment things he was supposed to inform me about? I didn't know what to ask because I didn't know enough about the end of treatment. There was my rant for the day, JennJackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Hi Jenn Its very important that YOU REPORT him to the AMA.. there is no excuse for treating you that way, it borders on abuse! PLEASE report it,, jennifer green <jenngreeny@...> wrote: Hello everyone, I have a question for you. I just finished treatment for six months (peg and copeg) and am waiting to see if I stay undetectable. During the course of my treatment I had the meanest doctor. I had to rely on all of my own research and he definitely looked down on me because of the stigma of hep c. He never told me side effects to be expected from any of the other stuff he prescribed (migraine meds etc., procrit) and I thought he was very rude. At the end of the treatment session my husband and I came in really early (20 minutes ahead of time) and the doctor just sat there silently waiting for me to

ask questions. He had nothing to say at this mandatory end of treatment session (although he got paid 200 bucks) and he looked at his watch implying we were taking up his time even though the clock was ten minutes earlier than our appointment was scheduled for. Has anyone ever experienced judgment by their doctors and if so is it worth complaining about? Thanks, Jenn New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big. Jackie Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Messenger with Voice. Jackie

Guest guest

Roflmao....

Re: doctors

LMAO VERY FUNNY LIZ

How low will we go? Check out Messenger�s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Hi, .

Dr. Cheney practices in Asheville these days.

Rich

>

> Hi All,

> I am new to this group. I used to be active in some FM and CFS

groups

> about 4-5 years ago and got too fatiqued to bother, so I am out of

> touch. My family is considering moving to Ashville, North

Carolina, in

> about 3 years when my husband retires and I was wondering if

anyone has

> a well established doctor there that understands both diseases and

has

> the best in mind for his or her patients?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Leake

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

How wonderful that you will be moving to Asheville in a few years.

Much can change in three years, but right now Dr. Cheney is located in

Asheville and you might want to check out the Great Smokies Medical

Center in Asheville also. There is a very good doctor there by the

name of Eileen M. MD.

There are many places with people that do alternative and holistic

treatments that you might be interested in. Asheville is said to be

the Sedona of the South. It is a great place to live and heal.

Sydney

Guest guest

I used to live in South Carolina and spent summers in ville

working at a camp for mentally handicapped adults. I was diagnosed

with cfs in 1995, but in 2003 that diagnosis was refined to Lyme

disease as I and 3 of my family test positive for borrelia we got from

tick bites in South and North Carolina.

I do not think this area of the country is a good place to live.

Absolutely do not do any yard work or outdoors, woodsy sort of

activities. It is highly likely many are contracting Lyme there and

the medical establishment completely denies this.

The best doctor at this time (in Charlotte) has just been censored by

the North Carolina Medical Board for prescribing antibiotics for Lyme

patients. Hw was just about the only doctor in the southeast a Lyme

patient could be treated by.

I do have the name of a DVM who may be able to help you find a doctor.

If you are interested email me off list. Also I can give you the name

of a doctor in ville, just south of Asheville who might

interest you.

There was a Leake family who lived one street behind ours in South

Carolina - small town.

a Carnes

pj7@...

>

> Hi All,

> I am new to this group. I used to be active in some FM and CFS

groups

> about 4-5 years ago and got too fatiqued to bother, so I am out of

> touch. My family is considering moving to Ashville, North Carolina,

in

> about 3 years when my husband retires and I was wondering if anyone

has

> a well established doctor there that understands both diseases and

has

> the best in mind for his or her patients?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Leake

>

Guest guest

That's rough, Kim. A lot of people have similar hospital experiences,

unforunately. I've heard many just like yours.

>

> I've been to so many doctors visits, scans, & tests for my Mom and

> then her surgery for axillary dissection/port cath placement

Friday,

> that I've had it with high and mighty doctors.

>

> Hospital persons not knowing what the hell was going on from

> department to department, I mean even having missing test results

> from her folder when going into her partial mastectomy, paging the

> surgeon that never responded or came to talk to me, and the same

> surgeon who told her when taking out the stitches from her partial

> mastectomy, " oh, and you have cancer " . She had no family with her,

> he gave her no info other than that. The first hospital stay was

> such a fiasco that my Mom had written a letter stating her

> disappointment in the staff and surgeon etc.

>

> She than made an appointment with a new surgeon whom we saw and had

> liked his demeanor. Then, when she needed to have the axillary

> dissection/port cath placement, the surgeon she had switched to

went

> into the hospital himself, so she had to choose whether to wait for

> the operation or have the first prick do the surgery.

>

> Because her cancer is agressive, I told her she she go ahead and

> have it done. The blunt surgeon has no couth but is skilled. So,

> with nerves jangling she goes in Friday to have surgery. The staff

> wouldn't let me go with her to preop area because of renovations

the

> hospital is making. The jerk of a surgeon decided to use that time

> right before she was to go under the knife to tell her that he

> didn't understand why she was upset or wrote the letter. He

said " I

> told you it might be cancer " My Mom held up her hand and he got

the

> hint but WHAT AN AS****E!

>

> I saw him afterwards and I swear that if I did not know what

> questions to ask, this guy wouldn't have told me squat! The hard

> part right now is my Mom having nightmares about him, waiting for

> the CT, Bone scan & pathology reports that we'll get Tuesday at

> Mom's follow-up appointment with the jerk. It has been hard to

> figure out what the plan of action is when the primary Doctor says

> one thing, then the Surgeon says something else, the Onycologist

> tells us what he plans to do, then they only give her referals for

> two of three tests he recomended, he told us they would take out a

> few lymph nodes, and then the surgery was something much more than

> that. I think when these doctors concur on a course of treatment,

> they forget to let the patient in on their plans. There's more to

> the story than that but I'll stop here.

>

> Kim

>

Guest guest

Hi Kim, I understand completely, I helped my mom battle Lymphoma for 4 years, she passed away about 4 years ago. She wasn't supposed to make it to our wedding, and when I ended up getting pregnant on our honeymoon, (that was a miricle in itself we weren't supposed to be able to have children) she went into remision, and lived almost until Jerry's 4th birthday. The one thing I have learned about Dr's if you don't feel comfortable with them don't allow them to cut you. I would start looking for another surgeon, talk to the oncologist or nurses and see if they can recommend another Dr. If you need help with termonology or understanding what they are saying, I can help you I have worked in hospitals, I was working at the Uof Penn Tissue Bank, when my mom was diagnosed, and Darren, my boss (also a Dr) helped me with the terms, if you talk to Dr's on there terms, and on

there ground they respect you a lot more and you can get a straight answer, also don't be afraid to hire a lawyer if you feel you need to to make sure she gets proper care. Sometimes just the threat of a law suit can make Dr's stand up and take notice and pay more attention. Make sure you know what your mom wants, and have her sign a power of attorney, that way if she can't take care of her own issues you can take care of them for her. If you have to schedule a meeting with all of the Dr's at the same time, you can also go over there heads, contact the president of the hospital that your mom is at, I know that will get their attention and get them on the same page, I found it very effective. Don't hesitate to send me a private e-mail if you need to talk, I understand and am here for you. Beth Kim <6emini@...> wrote:

I've been to so many doctors visits, scans, & tests for my Mom and then her surgery for axillary dissection/port cath placement Friday, that I've had it with high and mighty doctors. Hospital persons not knowing what the hell was going on from department to department, I mean even having missing test results from her folder when going into her partial mastectomy, paging the surgeon that never responded or came to talk to me, and the same surgeon who told her when taking out the stitches from her partial mastectomy,

"oh, and you have cancer". She had no family with her, he gave her no info other than that. The first hospital stay was such a fiasco that my Mom had written a letter stating her disappointment in the staff and surgeon etc. She than made an appointment with a new surgeon whom we saw and had liked his demeanor. Then, when she needed to have the axillary dissection/port cath placement, the surgeon she had switched to went into the hospital himself, so she had to choose whether to wait for the operation or have the first prick do the surgery. Because her cancer is agressive, I told her she she go ahead and have it done. The blunt surgeon has no couth but is skilled. So, with nerves jangling she goes in Friday to have surgery. The staff wouldn't let me go with her to preop area because of renovations the hospital is making. The jerk of a surgeon decided to use that time right before she was to go under the knife

to tell her that he didn't understand why she was upset or wrote the letter. He said "I told you it might be cancer" My Mom held up her hand and he got the hint but WHAT AN AS****E! I saw him afterwards and I swear that if I did not know what questions to ask, this guy wouldn't have told me squat! The hard part right now is my Mom having nightmares about him, waiting for the CT, Bone scan & pathology reports that we'll get Tuesday at Mom's follow-up appointment with the jerk. It has been hard to figure out what the plan of action is when the primary Doctor says one thing, then the Surgeon says something else, the Onycologist tells us what he plans to do, then they only give her referals for two of three tests he recomended, he told us they would take out a few lymph nodes, and then the surgery was something much more than that. I think when these doctors concur on a course of treatment, they forget to let

the patient in on their plans. There's more to the story than that but I'll stop here. Kim

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

There are two things that doctors tend to do that affect patients and

family negatively:

1) They assume that patients and family are too ignorant of medical

science and terminology to grasp what it is they are talking about,

and so they avoid being straightforward until the very last minute,

and then they tend to hold back the details.

2) They develop a disassociation with their patients (particularly

ones with severe problems)in order to keep themselves from becoming

emotionally involved in the seriousness and sadness of the situation.

Personally, I don't care about bedside manner as much as I care

whether or not the doctor can do the job.

If someone told me I was going to die I could care less, but that is

because I am suicidal.

Where I do care is where doctors mess up on simple things, like

consulting each other and keeping charts updated. It is alarming to

think that mistakes of this nature can be made where a patient's

health is concerned, particularly if the patient could be on the

verge of death if treatment is too slow or incorrect.

You have a right to be angry with their incompetence, but I think

their dispassionate nature works for your mom's protection as much as

theirs. You would not want a crying, weeping doctor with shaking

hands giving an operation would you?

I also agreethat they should be more straight forward and learn to

use more tact with your mother and you. That would be good for your

mom's recovery.

Tom

Administrator

I've been to so many doctors visits, scans, & tests for my Mom and

then her surgery for axillary dissection/port cath placement Friday,

that I've had it with high and mighty doctors.

Hospital persons not knowing what the hell was going on from

department to department, I mean even having missing test results

from her folder when going into her partial mastectomy, paging the

surgeon that never responded or came to talk to me, and the same

surgeon who told her when taking out the stitches from her partial

mastectomy, " oh, and you have cancer " . She had no family with her,

he gave her no info other than that. The first hospital stay was

such a fiasco that my Mom had written a letter stating her

disappointment in the staff and surgeon etc.

She than made an appointment with a new surgeon whom we saw and had

liked his demeanor. Then, when she needed to have the axillary

dissection/port cath placement, the surgeon she had switched to went

into the hospital himself, so she had to choose whether to wait for

the operation or have the first prick do the surgery.

Because her cancer is agressive, I told her she she go ahead and

have it done. The blunt surgeon has no couth but is skilled. So,

with nerves jangling she goes in Friday to have surgery. The staff

wouldn't let me go with her to preop area because of renovations the

hospital is making. The jerk of a surgeon decided to use that time

right before she was to go under the knife to tell her that he

didn't understand why she was upset or wrote the letter. He said " I

told you it might be cancer " My Mom held up her hand and he got the

hint but WHAT AN AS****E!

I saw him afterwards and I swear that if I did not know what

questions to ask, this guy wouldn't have told me squat! The hard

part right now is my Mom having nightmares about him, waiting for

the CT, Bone scan & pathology reports that we'll get Tuesday at

Mom's follow-up appointment with the jerk. It has been hard to

figure out what the plan of action is when the primary Doctor says

one thing, then the Surgeon says something else, the Onycologist

tells us what he plans to do, then they only give her referals for

two of three tests he recomended, he told us they would take out a

few lymph nodes, and then the surgery was something much more than

that. I think when these doctors concur on a course of treatment,

they forget to let the patient in on their plans. There's more to

the story than that but I'll stop here.

Kim

Guest guest

My Mom had wrote a letter to help the hospital understand where they

could use some help in dealing with patients and sent it out to the

administration of the hospital, her primary, and the surgeon whom

she was dissatisfied with before her second operation. This is why

when her new surgeon was unable to perform the second operation, she

was dreading seeing the old one.

I've got the technical terms down to a science, so much so that I am

often mistaken for a nurse or medical personal and always have a

list of questions that I want answered ready. I myself only wanted

the surgeon to do his job skillfully which I believe he did. I am

very protective of my Mom, that's why his demeanor was not only

uncalled for, rude but made my Mom unsure of what he would do when

she was out on the operating table made me want to give him a verbal

beating.

Thank you for your support and offer to help. I'm glad you

understand what I'm going through.

Kim

>

> Hi Kim,

>

> I understand completely, I helped my mom battle Lymphoma for 4

years, she passed away about 4 years ago. She wasn't supposed to

make it to our wedding, and when I ended up getting pregnant on our

honeymoon, (that was a miricle in itself we weren't supposed to be

able to have children) she went into remision, and lived almost

until Jerry's 4th birthday.

>

> The one thing I have learned about Dr's if you don't feel

comfortable with them don't allow them to cut you. I would start

looking for another surgeon, talk to the oncologist or nurses and

see if they can recommend another Dr. If you need help with

termonology or understanding what they are saying, I can help you I

have worked in hospitals, I was working at the Uof Penn Tissue Bank,

when my mom was diagnosed, and Darren, my boss (also a Dr) helped me

with the terms, if you talk to Dr's on there terms, and on there

ground they respect you a lot more and you can get a straight

answer, also don't be afraid to hire a lawyer if you feel you need

to to make sure she gets proper care. Sometimes just the threat of

a law suit can make Dr's stand up and take notice and pay more

attention. Make sure you know what your mom wants, and have her

sign a power of attorney, that way if she can't take care of her own

issues you can take care of them for her. If you have to schedule a

> meeting with all of the Dr's at the same time, you can also go

over there heads, contact the president of the hospital that your

mom is at, I know that will get their attention and get them on the

same page, I found it very effective.

>

> Don't hesitate to send me a private e-mail if you need to talk,

I understand and am here for you.

>

> Beth

Guest guest

This is understandable putting emotional distance between someone whom

they believe may be terminal but I've been through this before with my

Dad and his Doctors never acted rude.

As long as this surgeon did the job well and is forthcomming with

information at her follow up appointment, I can put his actions out of

my mind and move forward. I can't talk to my Mom about him at all

because she gets queasy just thinking about him.

Kim

.....2) They develop a disassociation with their patients (particularly

ones with severe problems)in order to keep themselves from becoming

emotionally involved in the seriousness and sadness of the situation.

Guest guest

>

" I've got the technical terms down to a science, so much so that I am

> often mistaken for a nurse or medical personal and always have a

> list of questions that I want answered ready. "

That's good, that's how you have to be. I've heard several nurses say

this, and also to always check everything being done to make sure no

mistakes are being made.

Guest guest

In rereading what you wrote, my thinking is that your mother's doctor

could be behaving better, From your mother's point of view, she may be

dying. Given your doctor's experience with patients presenting with

symptoms like your mother's, it would seem to me that the primary duty

is to treat your mother, and a secondary duty (but equally important

one) is to either allay yourmother's fears or else help her face the

inevitable (if it turns out that she is in fact dying) so she cam

better make it through this time.

If she feels queasy around him, it is best to switch, and if she cannot

switch, then it is right for you to press this doctor a little more so

that he can treat your mother properly and behave better towards her.

Tom

Administrator

Re: Doctors

This is understandable putting emotional distance between someone whom

they believe may be terminal but I've been through this before with my

Dad and his Doctors never acted rude.

As long as this surgeon did the job well and is forthcomming with

information at her follow up appointment, I can put his actions out of

my mind and move forward. I can't talk to my Mom about him at all

because she gets queasy just thinking about him.

Kim

Guest guest

Hi Kim, The question isn't whether you can put it out of your mind its your mothers trust. People that trust there Dr's heal faster. There is more chance of heart failure and other conditions taking place strictly from nerves, if your mom doesn't trust the surgeon. Personally unless I trust the Dr. I sure as heck don't want them cutting me. You may want to check with your mom and make sure she is comfortable with her Dr's that is really the most important. BethKim <6emini@...> wrote: This is understandable putting emotional distance between someone whom they believe may be terminal but I've been through this before with my Dad and his Doctors never acted rude.As long as this surgeon did the job well and is forthcomming with information at her follow up appointment, I can put his actions out of my mind and move forward. I can't talk to my Mom about him at all because she gets queasy just thinking about him.Kim....2) They develop a disassociation with their patients (particularlyones with severe problems)in order to keep themselves from becomingemotionally involved in the seriousness and sadness of the

situation.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

I am sorry to hear about this Kim.

Unfortuantely quite a few members of my family have been subject to

the incompetence of doctors and also the pure thoughtlessness that

many of them seem to have - it always enrages me - are we just a job,

just numbers to them? do they forget that we are people too?

>

> I've been to so many doctors visits, scans, & tests for my Mom and

> then her surgery for axillary dissection/port cath placement

Friday,

> that I've had it with high and mighty doctors.

>

> Hospital persons not knowing what the hell was going on from

> department to department, I mean even having missing test results

> from her folder when going into her partial mastectomy, paging the

> surgeon that never responded or came to talk to me, and the same

> surgeon who told her when taking out the stitches from her partial

> mastectomy, " oh, and you have cancer " . She had no family with her,

> he gave her no info other than that. The first hospital stay was

> such a fiasco that my Mom had written a letter stating her

> disappointment in the staff and surgeon etc.

>

> She than made an appointment with a new surgeon whom we saw and had

> liked his demeanor. Then, when she needed to have the axillary

> dissection/port cath placement, the surgeon she had switched to

went

> into the hospital himself, so she had to choose whether to wait for

> the operation or have the first prick do the surgery.

>

> Because her cancer is agressive, I told her she she go ahead and

> have it done. The blunt surgeon has no couth but is skilled. So,

> with nerves jangling she goes in Friday to have surgery. The staff

> wouldn't let me go with her to preop area because of renovations

the

> hospital is making. The jerk of a surgeon decided to use that time

> right before she was to go under the knife to tell her that he

> didn't understand why she was upset or wrote the letter. He

said " I

> told you it might be cancer " My Mom held up her hand and he got

the

> hint but WHAT AN AS****E!

>

> I saw him afterwards and I swear that if I did not know what

> questions to ask, this guy wouldn't have told me squat! The hard

> part right now is my Mom having nightmares about him, waiting for

> the CT, Bone scan & pathology reports that we'll get Tuesday at

> Mom's follow-up appointment with the jerk. It has been hard to

> figure out what the plan of action is when the primary Doctor says

> one thing, then the Surgeon says something else, the Onycologist

> tells us what he plans to do, then they only give her referals for

> two of three tests he recomended, he told us they would take out a

> few lymph nodes, and then the surgery was something much more than

> that. I think when these doctors concur on a course of treatment,

> they forget to let the patient in on their plans. There's more to

> the story than that but I'll stop here.

>

> Kim

>

Guest guest

I think that you will find many champions in the medical field. My experience with doctors is that they will not give you an excuse to help you halt your life. Their goal is to help you get on with the buisness of life. I had cancer and @ that time they would'nt let me have a pitty party for myself, they told me i had to focus on the NOW.

I recently saw my liver doc for the first time and he said i should wait untill they have better treatment for HEP C (~ 5 years from now) and that i have had 13 years of life surviving the cancer,not to mention that i would'nt tolorate the treatment. (pulmonary issues). I guess my point is that life throws us curve balls and we cannot expect immediate gratification when it comes to our health. for some people being able to wake up every day and smell the roses is enough even if we wake up dragging our feet.

Science has done wonderfull things for us but it has'nt done every thing. I think that sometimes doctors get frustrated when they aren'nt able to meet an individuals expectations and may become what we percieve as non caring or indifferent . I for one truly appreciciate the blessing that the medical community have bestowed upon me even when their hands are tied. >> I KNOW WE NEED THEM FOR THE PRESCRIPTON FOR TREATMENT BUT WHAT ELSE > ARE THEY ANY GOOD FOR - PLAYING HANGMAN WITH IN YOUR MIND? I HATE > THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR ONE>

Guest guest

Well the are NOT ALL bad,, but they rely on what the drug pharmies tell them and they are not always honest... I dont think a doc wants to harm anyone,, but they are naive in that they believe everything the drug companies tell them,, THATS where they get in trouble in my book.. BUT American Medicine is at its BEST with TRAUMA.. A good trauma doc is really a good doc!!!!abbycsu <abbycsu@...> wrote: I KNOW WE NEED THEM FOR THE PRESCRIPTON FOR TREATMENT BUT WHAT ELSE ARE THEY ANY GOOD FOR - PLAYING HANGMAN WITH IN YOUR

MIND? I HATE THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR ONEJackie

Guest guest

I just got home today from my new hep doc,,,he told me the exact same thing...that since I couldn't take the first two treatments that it was pointless because of my depression to try again...which I agree,,but gee he said it so matter of factly that unless medical science comes up with better of differant treatment I had to wait for cirrosis...sucks christynovara12002 <novara12002@...> wrote: I think that you will find many champions in the medical field. My experience

with doctors is that they will not give you an excuse to help you halt your life. Their goal is to help you get on with the buisness of life. I had cancer and @ that time they would'nt let me have a pitty party for myself, they told me i had to focus on the NOW. I recently saw my liver doc for the first time and he said i should wait untill they have better treatment for HEP C (~ 5 years from now) and that i have had 13 years of life surviving the cancer,not to mention that i would'nt tolorate the treatment. (pulmonary issues). I guess my point is that life throws us curve balls and we cannot expect immediate gratification when it comes to our health. for some people being able to wake up every day and smell the roses is enough even if we wake up dragging our feet. Science has done wonderfull things for us but it has'nt done every thing. I think that sometimes doctors get

frustrated when they aren'nt able to meet an individuals expectations and may become what we percieve as non caring or indifferent . I for one truly appreciciate the blessing that the medical community have bestowed upon me even when their hands are tied. >> I KNOW WE NEED THEM FOR THE PRESCRIPTON FOR TREATMENT BUT WHAT ELSE > ARE THEY ANY GOOD FOR - PLAYING HANGMAN WITH IN YOUR MIND? I HATE > THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR ONE>

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Guest guest

What about anti-depressants? (Sorry if you've discussed this...I just jumped onboard this thread.Don

All New – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

Thats too bad Christie,, I KNOW LOTS of ppl who have depression and they WERE able to treat,, maybe you need a different doc, one who will work WITH you to treat your depression and still be able to treat your hep,, Christy <pecluvjoy@...> wrote: I just got home today from my new hep doc,,,he told me the exact same thing...that since I couldn't take the first two treatments that it was pointless because of my depression to try again...which I agree,,but gee he said it so matter of factly that unless medical

science comes up with better of differant treatment I had to wait for cirrosis...sucks christynovara12002 <novara12002 > wrote: I think that you will find many champions in the medical field. My experience with doctors is that they will not give you an excuse to help you halt your life. Their goal is to help you get on with the buisness of life. I had cancer and @ that time they would'nt let me have a pitty party for myself, they told me i had to focus on the NOW. I recently saw my liver doc for the first time and he said i should wait untill they have better treatment for HEP C (~ 5 years from now) and that i have had 13 years of life surviving the cancer,not to mention that i would'nt tolorate the treatment. (pulmonary

issues). I guess my point is that life throws us curve balls and we cannot expect immediate gratification when it comes to our health. for some people being able to wake up every day and smell the roses is enough even if we wake up dragging our feet. Science has done wonderfull things for us but it has'nt done every thing. I think that sometimes doctors get frustrated when they aren'nt able to meet an individuals expectations and may become what we percieve as non caring or indifferent . I for one truly appreciciate the blessing that the medical community have bestowed upon me even when their hands are tied. >> I KNOW WE NEED THEM FOR THE PRESCRIPTON FOR TREATMENT BUT WHAT ELSE > ARE THEY ANY GOOD FOR - PLAYING HANGMAN WITH IN YOUR MIND? I HATE > THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR ONE> Get your email and more, right on the new .com Jackie

Guest guest

Thats too bad Christie,, I KNOW LOTS of ppl who have depression and they WERE able to treat,, maybe you need a different doc, one who will work WITH you to treat your depression and still be able to treat your hep,, Christy <pecluvjoy@...> wrote: I just got home today from my new hep doc,,,he told me the exact same thing...that since I couldn't take the first two treatments that it was pointless because of my depression to try again...which I agree,,but gee he said it so matter of factly that unless medical

science comes up with better of differant treatment I had to wait for cirrosis...sucks christynovara12002 <novara12002 > wrote: I think that you will find many champions in the medical field. My experience with doctors is that they will not give you an excuse to help you halt your life. Their goal is to help you get on with the buisness of life. I had cancer and @ that time they would'nt let me have a pitty party for myself, they told me i had to focus on the NOW. I recently saw my liver doc for the first time and he said i should wait untill they have better treatment for HEP C (~ 5 years from now) and that i have had 13 years of life surviving the cancer,not to mention that i would'nt tolorate the treatment. (pulmonary

issues). I guess my point is that life throws us curve balls and we cannot expect immediate gratification when it comes to our health. for some people being able to wake up every day and smell the roses is enough even if we wake up dragging our feet. Science has done wonderfull things for us but it has'nt done every thing. I think that sometimes doctors get frustrated when they aren'nt able to meet an individuals expectations and may become what we percieve as non caring or indifferent . I for one truly appreciciate the blessing that the medical community have bestowed upon me even when their hands are tied. >> I KNOW WE NEED THEM FOR THE PRESCRIPTON FOR TREATMENT BUT WHAT ELSE > ARE THEY ANY GOOD FOR - PLAYING HANGMAN WITH IN YOUR MIND? I HATE > THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR ONE> Get your email and more, right on the new .com Jackie

Guest guest

Most ppl DO need an antidepressant while on treatment and thats because the interferon depletes the seretonin in your brain,, its NOT you, its the meds and most ppl do get depressed,, Don Hoskin <eust2be@...> wrote: What about anti-depressants? (Sorry if you've discussed this...I just jumped onboard this thread.Don All New

Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. Jackie