RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

introducing myself

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone have any suggestions for my 18 month old to get vitamin D he will not drink milk and its so hot where we live he rarely gets out in the sun? Thanks Heidi

From: Sheri Nakken <vaccinedangers@...>Vaccinations Sent: Thu, June 24, 2010 6:52:28 PMSubject: Re: Introducing myself

Yes, most out there with whooping cough have been vaccinated sometimes not diagnosed because doctor thinks they couldn't have whooping cough because vaccinated so call it something else.With homeopathy treatment can help immensely.But need to find the ONE specific remedy that matches the person's individual symptom picture - if more than one in a family with whooping cough have to go on the individual picture for each person - each may need a different remedy. And then as you progress may need to change remedies.Also Vitamin C and Vitamin D3Sheri

Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: kelly walker <walkerklj (DOT) com> Sender: Vaccinations Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:50:49 -0700 (PDT)<Vaccinations>ReplyVaccinations Subject: Re: Introducing myself Thank you for introducing yourself and also for your post on the measles. I can not remember if I had the measles or not. I was born in 1970.I have two children 1yr and 2 yr never been vaccinated both of them just caught the chicken pox form our friends little girl who has been vaccinated for the chicken pox.My cousin who has 5 children all have whooping cough and they too have been vaccinated for whooping cough???? I could go on and on LOL. Again thank you for your posts. I am looking forward to reading

the books you recommended. Sincerely

Sheri Nakken, R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath Vaccination Information & Choice Network, Washington State, USAVaccines - http://vaccinationdangers.wordpress.com/ Homeopathy http://homeopathycu res.wordpress. comVaccine Dangers, Childhood Disease Classes & Homeopathy Online/email courses - next classes start September 2010

Guest guest

Dr. Tenpenny and Dr. Eisenstein recommend about 2000 IUs a day almost from birth unless breastfed because then the mother can take it. Dr. Mercola recommends 15 - 30 minutes of midday sunshine a day.

From: Heidi Good <hargync@...>Subject: Re: Introducing myselfVaccinations Date: Friday, June 25, 2010, 5:24 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for my 18 month old to get vitamin D he will not drink milk and its so hot where we live he rarely gets out in the sun? Thanks Heidi

From: Sheri Nakken <vaccinedangers@ gmail.com>VaccinationsSent: Thu, June 24, 2010 6:52:28 PMSubject: Re: Introducing myself

Yes, most out there with whooping cough have been vaccinated sometimes not diagnosed because doctor thinks they couldn't have whooping cough because vaccinated so call it something else.With homeopathy treatment can help immensely.But need to find the ONE specific remedy that matches the person's individual symptom picture - if more than one in a family with whooping cough have to go on the individual picture for each person - each may need a different remedy. And then as you progress may need to change remedies.Also Vitamin C and Vitamin D3Sheri

Sent via BlackBerry from T-MobileFrom: kelly walker <walkerklj (DOT) com> Sender: Vaccinations Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:50:49 -0700 (PDT)<Vaccinations>ReplyVaccinations Subject: Re: Introducing myself Thank you for introducing yourself and also for your post on the measles. I can not remember if I had the measles or not. I was born in 1970.I have two children 1yr and 2 yr never been vaccinated both of them just caught the chicken pox form our friends little girl who has been vaccinated for the chicken pox.My cousin who has 5 children all have whooping cough and they too have been vaccinated for whooping cough???? I could go on and on LOL. Again thank you for your posts. I am looking forward to reading

the books you recommended. Sincerely

Sheri Nakken, R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath Vaccination Information & Choice Network, Washington State, USAVaccines - http://vaccinationd angers.wordpress .com/ Homeopathy http://homeopathycu res.wordpress. comVaccine Dangers, Childhood Disease Classes & Homeopathy Online/email courses - next classes start September 2010

Guest guest

Hi everybodyI was a member of the TPA group a few years back - not particularly active on the forum. Have re-joined today.I was diagnosed with under active thyroid in 2005 by Dr S. Usual story of the GPs practice looking at the blood test results which were still within range. I had/have positive TPO antibodies and my TSH was creeping up over the months - and got to around 3.5 with lots of symptoms of hypothyroidism.

I tried thyroxine but switched to Armour in 2006 which I bought online. Now on Naturethroid which I buy online.My TSH has been creeping down over the years! Very suppressed. 

I am currently also taking some thyroxine, in conjunction with a lower dose of Naturethroid. The thyroxine is prescribed by an endocrinologist who I will be seeing again in a few weeks.

The endocrinologist noted that I have 'autoimmune thyroiditis'.I have been relatively active over the years since taking meds, particularly Armour and Naturethroid. But a bit up and down and only manage to work part time.

I have taken adrenal supplements and recently restarted the Nutri. Have also eliminated gluten from my diet as much as possible for the last few months.Have always been susceptible to low ferritin. I think it was about 11 or 12 when I saw Dr S in 2005. Got it up to around 40 at some point then forgot about it.

Endocrinologist mentioned it was very low at 8 last year. (D'Oh)Having it tested again at the moment. When I feel moderately well, I tend to forget to take supplements or think I can manage without them. Although I've obviously kept taking the thyroid replacement.

I would like to get onto a more stable level health wise. I think I may need to take on board the need for additional supplements or have some additional tests and your forum seems a good place for advice. 

I think I'll have a few questions this week, (and before I have an appointment with my GP next Monday.)Thank you allLynne (I live in Cardiff)

Guest guest

Dr. Grim thanks for responding to my e-mail.  I know Endo #1 tested my renin and based on that diagnosed me with primary aldosteronism.  I called the office first thing this morning and requested all my lab results, and they are mailing them to me, so hopefully I will have specific #'s soon.  I KNEW she was wrong about the " low potassium, high aldosterone " thing!!  Ugh, 5-6 weeks WASTED with trying to " confirm " the diagnosis by increasing my K. 

I just looked it up, and here is where she attended Med School:  Lady Hardinge Medical College, University Of Delhi, NEW DELHI, India.  Graduated: 1989.  So obviously not a school in the US, maybe they aren't as studied on hyperaldosteronism in India.

My PCP now has the option of going online for your medical history.  I took adavantage of that this morning, and discovered I had low potassium on a routine BMP in May of 2009!  (My PCP was doing lots of tests before putting me on BP meds). It was 2.9.  I don't remember being told this or it being addressed.  It was re-taken 3 weeks later, and was 3.3.  Crazy what you discover having access to your records.  I can tell my PCP was concerned about my having issues with G6PD with it running in my family, I had CBC's done several times and my G6PD level was even tested once, but these tests were always normal, my hemoglobin running about 13.  Very interesting.

My most recent BMP as I already stated my K was 3.7 ( " allegedly " ) and my my sodium was 141 (normal was 135-146).  I have been studying like crazy the DASH diet and trying to learn all I can about it.  I will buy the book ASAP.  I think from my initial research though, that I'm already following it to the best of my ability and limited understanding.  I will continue to try to improve.  But since I was diagnosed with high BP I have tried to limit my sodium as much as possible (since 2009).  Especially since my BP was rising & rising in pregnancy I limit all I can.  The first time I had low K in the hospital and had an IV my OB instructed me to go on a high K diet.  I have continued to do this, eating baked potatoes with skin on several times a week, drinking lots of OJ, eating lots of grapes, bananas, looking at labels and eating as much as I can with K in it.  Opting for things like yogurt that has K instead of breakfast cereal without it.  With all these efforts & 6 tabs of K 20Meq a day it is still low.  I definitely need to do even better on avoiding sodium I'm sure, considering ALL processed foods have TONS of sodium, I am going to try the 2 week DASH diet as soon as I can get organized and purchase the food.  I am wondering though since my sodium was " normal " on 4/20/12 does this mean I am doing ok at avoiding sodium?  Is your sodium level usually higher with hyperaldosteronism, and considering how low my K has been, should my sodium be equally as high?  I am also full-on trying to lose my pregancy weight, I have been a member of Weight Watchers for 8 years, and I started going back to meetings about 5 weeks ago. I have lost 40 of the 60 lbs I gained this last pregnacy so far.  I probably should lose another 10 after I get to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm on it!! :-)

I definitely have a question about exercise, I have been trying to increase my activity and even going on 1-2 mile walks, I seem to pay for it.  My legs go from aching to " throbbing. "   Is it a bad idea to try and exercise when your K is low?  Should I just " power through " this, considering once my muscle tone gets better that will help, or should I try and be realistic with my excercising until I get K regulated?

That is good to know you would recommend me to go on spiro anyway.  Will that effect AVS testing though?  I imagine it will be a " process " to get that scheduled anyway.

I am so grateful you are willing to consult on my case but I have a feeling we could not afford it.  Our finances are extremely tight considering I was forced into retirement with the birth of our 3rd child.  It turns out to be a good thing we planned on my staying at home, with everything that is going on with me & my son's health!!  If I cannot afford to hire you to consult, is it still ok to e-mail you?

That is awesome you went to Mizzou.  It sounds like you're familiar with Missouri & St. Louis.  I am grateful to have WASHU and so many amazing medical professionals so close by.  I think it is a good thing endo #1 referred me considering she does not seem to have her act together with hyperaldosteronism. 

Thanks Dr. Grim for all your advice so far.  I am grateful I was diagnosed so " quickly " compared to so many, but just weeks dealing with this seem like years.  I am anxious to do all I can to improve my health!

Sincerely,

Virginia Wall

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

Need your renin numbers to see if u have primary or secondary also excess. Endo 1 needs to reread the eff

Eft of K on aldo. Low K can suppress aldo and high K kick it up. 

Any Endo who thinks Conn's is rare has not kept up to date since about 1967. 

Where did she train. We need to update their Curriculum. Read and then take my evolution of PA ARTICLE to all who have missed you. ESP after the first low K I would consider it medical negligence to not do proper testing. 

The Spiro dose is not high as in the old days used to go up to 400 or more a day in Conn's. 

Wash u is excellent and will hAve u back on track soon would think. 

I would  begin to DASH IN AM like your life depended on it. My approach would also be to dash and do Spiro till you are feeling much better and have gotten caught up to all of the things u have 

Fallen behind in. Assuming u have had renins measured and rhe 24

Hr urine had Na and L measured in it  

I am available for consultation to work with u and team to get u back to health. And will be in Union Mo over memorial day  

I grad from MU COLUMBIA.

May your pressure be low!

CE Grim MS, MD

Specializing in Difficult

Hypertension

On Apr 22, 2012, at 21:43, Virginia Wall <virgwall@...> wrote:

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined the group just 2 days ago.  I have already benefited greatly from all the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

Just a brief description to start about my situation.  I am a 31 year old female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with hyperaldosteronism.  It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms started.  I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old.  I had " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester.  This was in 2003.  My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered.  In August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office.  This was the first time in my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy.  I remember thinking it must have been a fluke.  I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd pregnancy, I was never put on meds although I got into the 160/90s range for the whole last trimester.  My OB never showed much concern, because I had been " running  a little high before pregnancy. "  After I delivered my 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down.  I always eat horribly when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child.  So my PCP monitored my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried to limit my sodium intake.  My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most part, even after these efforts.  My PCP at this point told me I should go on meds. This was the summer of 2009.  I was on one medication, I can't remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results.  My PCP just kept upping the dosage.  About this time, a co-worker discussed how her dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne (and obviously my co-worker had high BP).  Ironically enough, I had been struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about 4-5 years.  I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me spiro.  Really.  I couldn't make this stuff up lol.  I can't remember the exact dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the good old oblivious days, you know?  But from what I've been reading I think I was on a pretty high dose.  At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200 mg?  I can look into it.

In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012).  This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at the time.  So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy.  Although I have been researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in check...I don't think this worked very well for me.  After I went off the spiro, my BP started climbing right away.  I started out on 100 mg lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July.  In August they put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol.  My BP at this time was usually about 160/100s.  After about a month on both medications my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again.  In November my BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine.  They sent me down for a stress test and took some blood samples, and I was to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my history with pharmacy).   Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was down to 2.4 .  Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K (man that hurts!!) and sent me home.  My 24 hour protein was borderline, Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298.  BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2 UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine).  Potassium was low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2 tabs 2xday.  My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too inclined to investigate further.  Apparently my problem should have been solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this year.  He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the NICU.  I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare.  My son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life.  Probably when he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time.  I was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day.  And of course I was completely exhausted.  It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr., becuase I had a newborn!  Of course I was going to be tired, and the thirst I believed to be from nursing.  But after a couple of weeks I was worried I had diabetes or something.  I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he ran all kinds of blood tests.  It was discovered my K was at 2.0.  He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away.  He also called the lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's amazing! lol).  It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though.  As soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was kind of fed up.  I mean, 3x in a few months!  I knew this wasn't normal.  So I got online and started researching like crazy.  The first day I did research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha.  But the second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism.  Everything fit.  And that day I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March (it was in the 70's and " normal " for this lab was 27.  I still need to request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an endocrinologist, and I got in the next week.  She asked me what brought me in that day and I said " My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism. "   She said " Ha ha ha!  What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so rare! "   I wanted to be like, what do you think lady?  All the diagnostic evidence!  Sheesh.  So for about 4 weeks her " goal " was to " confirm " my hyperaldosteronism diagnosis.  She stated that we needed to get my K back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low.  --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge?  Just curious.  At this time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day).  Even with this amount of K, the closest we came to a " normal " K was 3.1 (and I will add this was with a tourniquet lol).  She said this was " close enough " though and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95.  This endocrinologist felt my condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away).  The earliest the Siteman Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th). 

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone about 5 weeks ago " just in case " and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day.   I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it!  I have had my leg muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see some damage in my eyes from my high BP.  Right now it's running 160s over 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two.  My PCP ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate.  I don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they?  I understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to really make a difference in some cases, doesn't it?  Another question for Dr. Grim:  Right now all I have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most part it seems pretty accurate.  I have been instructed to take my BP first think in the morning.  It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always something like 174/114.  Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or approximately 10 less on each).  Is this a likely phenomenon, or just potentially faulty equipment?  Could it be because of how I'm positioned, or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?

I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center.  He said he would be happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS.  Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible before I would consider surgery.  Concern about a little radiation seems ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery.  My PCP is going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order the CT scan if necessary.

So, in addition to the " usual " hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are " popping out. "   Also is joint pain normal with aldo?  Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac.  I have never set foot in the hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children.  This waiting to get answers is killing me.  I know it's a chance in a million that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings.  It has been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your experiences.  I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my experience.

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

Virginia, DO NOT START SPIRONOLACTONE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AVS! You must be

off it and all MCBs for 6 weeks for the test to be valid.

Please go to this site and review, especially starting at section 5:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057029/pdf/IJHT2011-624691.pdf

The author, Dr. Moraitis, is my (and MAGGIEKAT's) Attending Physician at NIH and

details the process very well. (My AVS was 2 weeks ago NIH.) I am still

catching up from being gone for 2 weeks so I have just " skimmed " your stories

but will try to read the detail in the next day or two. I will probably suggest

you contact NIH and see if they can give you some guidance. You can get a

headstart by going to study 00-CH-O160 at:

http://clinicalstudies.info.nih.gov/detail/A_2000-CH-0160.html

They may also have suggestions for your " little one " .

> >

> >

> >

> > Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

> >

> > I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined

> > the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from all

> > the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

> >

> > Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year old

> > female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with

> > hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms

> > started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had

> > " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on

> > medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester.

> > This was in 2003. My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered. In

> > August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I

> > remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office. This was the first time in

> > my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy. I remember thinking it

> > must have been a fluke. I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd

> > pregnancy, I was never put on meds although I got into the 160/90s range

> > for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much concern, because I

> > had been " running a little high before pregnancy. " After I delivered my

> > 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat horribly

> > when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP monitored

> > my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried to

> > limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most

> > part, even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should go

> > on meds. This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't

> > remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP just

> > kept upping the dosage. About this time, a co-worker discussed how her

> > dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne

> > (and obviously my co-worker had high BP). Ironically enough, I had been

> > struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about 4-5

> > years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me spiro.

> > Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I can't remember the exact

> > dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the good

> > old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been reading I think I

> > was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200 mg? I

> > can look into it.

> >

> > In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012).

> > This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at the

> > time. So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds

> > to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have been

> > researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in

> > check...I don't think this worked very well for me. After I went off the

> > spiro, my BP started climbing right away. I started out on 100 mg

> > lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July. In August they

> > put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol. My BP at this

> > time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month on both medications

> > my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again. In November my

> > BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine.

> > They sent me down for a stress test and took some blood samples, and I was

> > to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia

> > diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my

> > history with pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was

> > down to 2.4 . Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K

> > (man that hurts!!) and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was borderline,

> > Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298.

> > BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2

> > UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine). Potassium was

> > low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2

> > tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too

> > inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem should have been

> > solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

> >

> > I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this

> > year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for

> > those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the

> > NICU. I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to

> > go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare. My

> > son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably when

> > he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time. I

> > was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. And of course I was

> > completely exhausted. It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr.,

> > becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was going to be tired, and the thirst

> > I believed to be from nursing. But after a couple of weeks I was worried I

> > had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he ran

> > all kinds of blood tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me on

> > K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked them to

> > process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's amazing!

> > lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though. As

> > soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was kind

> > of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I

> > got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did

> > research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But the

> > second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that day

> > I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

> >

> > When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March

> > (it was in the 70's and " normal " for this lab was 27. I still need to

> > request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an

> > endocrinologist, and I got in the next week. She asked me what brought me

> > in that day and I said " My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism. " She

> > said " Ha ha ha! What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so

> > rare! " I wanted to be like, what do you think lady? All the diagnostic

> > evidence! Sheesh. So for about 4 weeks her " goal " was to " confirm " my

> > hyperaldosteronism diagnosis. *She stated that we needed to get my K

> > back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low.

> > --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge? Just curious.* At this

> > time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day). Even with this

> > amount of K, the closest we came to a " normal " K was 3.1 (and I will add

> > this was with a tourniquet lol). She said this was " close enough " though

> > and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95. This endocrinologist felt my

> > condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been

> > referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis

> > Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a

> > suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away). The earliest the Siteman

> > Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th).

> >

> > I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone

> > about 5 weeks ago " just in case " and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks

> > ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day. I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it

> > will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it! I have had my leg

> > muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am

> > starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see

> > some damage in my eyes from my high BP. Right now it's running 160s over

> > 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but

> > considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two. My PCP

> > ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the

> > feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate. I

> > don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they? I

> > understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to really make a difference in

> > some cases, doesn't it? *Another question for Dr. Grim: Right now all I

> > have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most

> > part it seems pretty accurate. I have been instructed to take my BP first

> > think in the morning. It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always

> > something like 174/114. Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or

> > approximately 10 less on each). Is this a likely phenomenon, or just

> > potentially faulty equipment? Could it be because of how I'm positioned,

> > or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?*

> >

> > I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm

> > waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center. He said he would be

> > happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told

> > him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS.

> > Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible

> > before I would consider surgery. Concern about a little radiation seems

> > ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery. My PCP is

> > going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some

> > communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order

> > the CT scan if necessary.

> >

> > So, in addition to the " usual " hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little

> > freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my

> > hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are " popping out. " Also

> > is joint pain normal with aldo? Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel

> > like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. I have never set foot in the

> > hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children. This

> > waiting to get answers is killing me. I know it's a chance in a million

> > that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

> >

> > Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings. It has

> > been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your

> > experiences. I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my

> > experience.

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Virginia Wall

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello , nice to meet you.  I've been reading about your experience and about the NIH and it definitely sounds fascinating.About the spiro....I was afraid of that.  Really, it's just common sense, but I'm pretty desperate to feel better so I was kind of taking a " screw it, I'm taking the spiro " attitude.  I think there's like a 90% chance I will need AVS or it will at least be considered.  My PCP is actually trying to contact my #2 endo to ask that question, so I will discuss with him about stopping the spiro ASAP.  

Will NIH consult with me & Dr's?  Do you need to actually be a patient at their facility or a potential patient for them to discuss your case?

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my situation.  I appreciate it.-VIRGINIA-On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Virginia, DO NOT START SPIRONOLACTONE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AVS! You must be off it and all MCBs for 6 weeks for the test to be valid.

The author, Dr. Moraitis, is my (and MAGGIEKAT's) Attending Physician at NIH and details the process very well. (My AVS was 2 weeks ago NIH.) I am still catching up from being gone for 2 weeks so I have just " skimmed " your stories but will try to read the detail in the next day or two. I will probably suggest you contact NIH and see if they can give you some guidance. You can get a headstart by going to study 00-CH-O160 at:

They may also have suggestions for your " little one " .

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on

> > had been " running a little high before pregnancy. " After I delivered my

> > can look into it.

> >

> > This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at the

> >

> > he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time. I

> > I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

> >

> > When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March

> > (it was in the 70's and " normal " for this lab was 27. I still need to

> > request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an

> > endocrinologist, and I got in the next week. She asked me what brought me

> > in that day and I said " My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism. " She

> > said " Ha ha ha! What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so

> > rare! " I wanted to be like, what do you think lady? All the diagnostic

> > evidence! Sheesh. So for about 4 weeks her " goal " was to " confirm " my

> > hyperaldosteronism diagnosis. *She stated that we needed to get my K

> > back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low.

> > --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge? Just curious.* At this

> > time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day). Even with this

> > amount of K, the closest we came to a " normal " K was 3.1 (and I will add

> > this was with a tourniquet lol). She said this was " close enough " though

> > and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95. This endocrinologist felt my

> > condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been

> > referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis

> > Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a

> > suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away). The earliest the Siteman

> > Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th).

> >

> > I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone

> > about 5 weeks ago " just in case " and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks

> > ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day. I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it

> > will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it! I have had my leg

> > muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am

> > starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see

> > some damage in my eyes from my high BP. Right now it's running 160s over

> > 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but

> > considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two. My PCP

> > ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the

> > feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate. I

> > don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they? I

> > understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to really make a difference in

> > some cases, doesn't it? *Another question for Dr. Grim: Right now all I

> > have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most

> > part it seems pretty accurate. I have been instructed to take my BP first

> > think in the morning. It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always

> > something like 174/114. Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or

> > approximately 10 less on each). Is this a likely phenomenon, or just

> > potentially faulty equipment? Could it be because of how I'm positioned,

> > or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?*

> >

> > I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm

> > waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center. He said he would be

> > happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told

> > him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS.

> > Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible

> > before I would consider surgery. Concern about a little radiation seems

> > ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery. My PCP is

> > going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some

> > communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order

> > the CT scan if necessary.

> >

> > So, in addition to the " usual " hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little

> > freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my

> > hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are " popping out. " Also

> > is joint pain normal with aldo? Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel

> > like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. I have never set foot in the

> > hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children. This

> > waiting to get answers is killing me. I know it's a chance in a million

> > that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

> >

> > Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings. It has

> > been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your

> > experiences. I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my

> > experience.

> >

> > Regards,

> >

> > Virginia Wall

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dianne, nice to hear from you.  All of your suggestions so far I greatly appreciate.  I am so ignorant to everything, and I feel like there is so much to learn!!

Ok that makes sense about the serum sodium.  They had me do a urine sodium & urine potassium on March 2 and I have those labs available.  My K was 74.4, and my Na 37 meq/L.  Any thoughts on those levels?  This lab report doesn't tell me what normal is.  I will say that since I am nursing I think that might have effected my urine test slightly....obviously I have one other way of " output. "  I had to stop nursing my son because his Potassium got to 7.8!!!  I am still " pumping & dumping " though, hoping to go back to it :-(.

How long have you had hyperaldo?  Do you have hyperplasia, and that is why you're still on spiro? 

I know what you mean about Na being in surprising foods...i.e. flour tortillas!! Holy moly.Thanks again for your time.  It means a lot.

-VIRGINIA-On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Welcome to the group Virginia, even though this is a group we'd all rather not need to belong to. I'm sure others, far more knowledgable than I am will answer you, but a couple of things popped out at me while reading your introduction.

Serum sodium numbers mean very little. That number reflects the amount of hydration you have in your system and is not a reliable number to let you know if you are Dashing correctly. You need a urine test for both K and Na.

The muscle weakness and spasms you have experienced are mainly due to low K. Personally I have found that Magnesium plays a part in that also, but that may be just me. Low sodium V-8 is the drink of choice for most of us.

Finally, learning to eat a low sodium diet is a learning curve. Once you start reading labels religiously you will

discover that even the most benign sounding foods (think bread for one), are loaded to the gills with Na.Fresh foods are in and canned or preprepared foods are pretty much out. The up side of this is that your BP will come down and both you and your family will benefit from this way of eating. My BP has gone from a high of around 222/114 before diagnosis to 128/68 today, thanks to Spiro, low Na and Dr. Grim.

Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined the group just 2 days ago.  I have already benefited greatly from all the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

Just a brief description to start about my situation.  I am a 31 year old female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with hyperaldosteronism.  It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms started.  I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old.  I had " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester.  This was in 2003.  My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered.  In August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office.  This was the first time in my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy.  I remember thinking it must have been a fluke.  I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd pregnancy, I was never put on meds

although I got into the 160/90s range for the whole last trimester.  My OB never showed much concern, because I had been " running  a little high before pregnancy. "  After I delivered my 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down.  I always eat horribly when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child.  So my PCP monitored my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried to limit my sodium intake.  My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most part, even after these efforts.  My PCP at this point told me I should go on meds. This was the summer of 2009.  I was on one medication, I can't remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results.  My PCP just kept upping the dosage.  About this time, a co-worker discussed how her dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne (and obviously my co-worker had high BP).  Ironically enough, I

had been struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about 4-5 years.  I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me spiro.  Really.  I couldn't make this stuff up lol.  I can't remember the exact dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the good old oblivious days, you know?  But from what I've been reading I think I was on a pretty high dose.  At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200 mg?  I can look into it.

In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012).  This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at the time.  So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy.  Although I have been researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in check...I don't think this worked very well for me.  After I went off the spiro, my BP started climbing right away.  I started out on 100 mg lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July.  In August they put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol.  My BP at this time was usually about 160/100s.  After about a month on both medications my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again.  In November my BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine.  They sent me down for a

stress test and took some blood samples, and I was to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my history with pharmacy).   Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was down to 2.4 .  Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K (man that hurts!!) and sent me home.  My 24 hour protein was borderline, Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298.  BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2 UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine).  Potassium was low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2 tabs 2xday.  My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too inclined to investigate further.  Apparently my problem should have been solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this year.  He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the NICU.  I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare.  My son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life.  Probably when he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time.  I was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day.  And of course I was completely exhausted.  It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr., becuase I had a newborn!  Of course I was going to be tired, and the thirst I believed to be from nursing.  But after a couple of weeks I was worried I had diabetes or something.  I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he ran all kinds of blood

tests.  It was discovered my K was at 2.0.  He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away.  He also called the lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's amazing! lol).  It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though.  As soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was kind of fed up.  I mean, 3x in a few months!  I knew this wasn't normal.  So I got online and started researching like crazy.  The first day I did research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha.  But the second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism.  Everything fit.  And that day I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March (it was in the 70's and " normal " for this lab was 27.  I still need to request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an endocrinologist, and I got in the next week.  She asked me what brought me in that day and I said " My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism. "   She said " Ha ha ha!  What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so rare! "   I wanted to be like, what do you think lady?  All the diagnostic evidence!  Sheesh.  So for about 4 weeks her " goal " was to " confirm " my hyperaldosteronism diagnosis.  She stated that we needed to get my K back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low.  --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge?  Just curious.  At this time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day).  Even with this amount of K, the

closest we came to a " normal " K was 3.1 (and I will add this was with a tourniquet lol).  She said this was " close enough " though and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95.  This endocrinologist felt my condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away).  The earliest the Siteman Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th). 

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone about 5 weeks ago " just in case " and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day.   I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it!  I have had my leg muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see some damage in my eyes from my high BP.  Right now it's running 160s over 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two.  My PCP ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate.  I don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they?  I understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to

really make a difference in some cases, doesn't it?  Another question for Dr. Grim:  Right now all I have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most part it seems pretty accurate.  I have been instructed to take my BP first think in the morning.  It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always something like 174/114.  Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or approximately 10 less on each).  Is this a likely phenomenon, or just potentially faulty equipment?  Could it be because of how I'm positioned, or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?

I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center.  He said he would be happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS.  Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible before I would consider surgery.  Concern about a little radiation seems ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery.  My PCP is going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order the CT scan if necessary.

So, in addition to the " usual " hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are " popping out. "   Also is joint pain normal with aldo?  Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac.  I have never set foot in the hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children.  This waiting to get answers is killing me.  I know it's a chance in a million that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings.  It has been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your experiences.  I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my experience.

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

Virginia, your blood sodium is not really what is important; you need to know your 24-hour urine sodium and potassium. Until my BP was controlled, I didn't eat anything prepared including purchased bread. I made my own and ate nothing with salt on it. You have to read the labels on meat. A " natural " amount is around 70 mg/serving, but it is common for meat to be infused with sodium. The only meat not infused at Walmart is buffalo and we've found virtually no pork that is not infused. I imagine a natural meat vendor would have uninfused pork. I kept my sodium at about 700 - 800 mg/day and at that level, my urinary sodium was " too low to quantitate " at Mayo Clinic. A program like FitDay makes tracking easy. Try to eat no more sodium than 1,500 mg and aim for 4,700 mg potassium. At first, going low sodium will be a little difficult but now I can't stand salty food. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Virginia Walland my my sodium was 141 (normal was 135-146). .

Guest guest

Virginia,I can't comment about your urine Na/K readings. You need to find out what the normal range is for your lab.With PA you dump potassium, and it sounds like you dump it into your breast milk as well as urine output. Not a good situation for your baby. If you start Spiro again (and listen to , if you are going to have an AVS you don't want to start Spiro now), make sure you talk to your doctor about the effects of Spiro on your milk. Have you connected with the LaLeche league? They may be able to provide donor milk.To answer your question, I have bi-lateral adenomas (1cm and 1.2cm). I may always be on Spiro and always on a low Na diet. Compared to what my life was before I knew about Spiro and a low Na diet there is no comparison in the way that I feel. Life is not perfect for me, but it's

a whole lot better than it was.Yes, flour tortillas are out because of the sodium, but corn tortillas are in. And here's another low-sodium tip while I'm thinking about it. If you crave a hamburger every once in a while you can still have one by: 1. making your own buns with way less salt, and 2. take a pound of ground beef and mix it (like you would a meatloaf) with approx. 3 T. of balsamic vinegar and quite a few shakes of a no-salt seasoning mix. Form it into 4 or 5 hamburger patties and freeze what you don't eat right then. You won't miss the salt. Even my grandkids like these.Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from all the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year old female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had "pregnancy induced" hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester. This was in 2003. My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered. In August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office. This was the first time in my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy. I remember thinking it must have been a fluke. I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd pregnancy, I was never put on meds

although I got into the 160/90s range for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much concern, because I had been "running a little high before pregnancy." After I delivered my 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat horribly when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP monitored my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried to limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most part, even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should go on meds. This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP just kept upping the dosage. About this time, a co-worker discussed how her dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne (and obviously my co-worker had high BP). Ironically enough, I

had been struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about 4-5 years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me spiro. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I can't remember the exact dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the good old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been reading I think I was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200 mg? I can look into it.

In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012). This pregnancy was actually a "surprise" for us, we were preventing at the time. So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have been researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in check...I don't think this worked very well for me. After I went off the spiro, my BP started climbing right away. I started out on 100 mg lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July. In August they put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol. My BP at this time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month on both medications my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again. In November my BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine. They sent me down for a

stress test and took some blood samples, and I was to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my history with pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was down to 2.4 . Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K (man that hurts!!) and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was borderline, Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298. BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2 UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine). Potassium was low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2 tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem should have been solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the NICU. I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare. My son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably when he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were "aching" all the time. I was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. And of course I was completely exhausted. It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr., becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was going to be tired, and the thirst I believed to be from nursing. But after a couple of weeks I was worried I had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he ran all kinds of blood

tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's amazing! lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though. As soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was kind of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But the second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that day I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March (it was in the 70's and "normal" for this lab was 27. I still need to request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an endocrinologist, and I got in the next week. She asked me what brought me in that day and I said "My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism." She said "Ha ha ha! What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so rare!" I wanted to be like, what do you think lady? All the diagnostic evidence! Sheesh. So for about 4 weeks her "goal" was to "confirm" my hyperaldosteronism diagnosis. She stated that we needed to get my K back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low. --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge? Just curious. At this time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day). Even with this amount of K, the

closest we came to a "normal" K was 3.1 (and I will add this was with a tourniquet lol). She said this was "close enough" though and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95. This endocrinologist felt my condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away). The earliest the Siteman Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th).

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone about 5 weeks ago "just in case" and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day. I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it! I have had my leg muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see some damage in my eyes from my high BP. Right now it's running 160s over 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two. My PCP ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate. I don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they? I understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to

really make a difference in some cases, doesn't it? Another question for Dr. Grim: Right now all I have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most part it seems pretty accurate. I have been instructed to take my BP first think in the morning. It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always something like 174/114. Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or approximately 10 less on each). Is this a likely phenomenon, or just potentially faulty equipment? Could it be because of how I'm positioned, or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?

I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center. He said he would be happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS. Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible before I would consider surgery. Concern about a little radiation seems ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery. My PCP is going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order the CT scan if necessary.

So, in addition to the "usual" hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are "popping out." Also is joint pain normal with aldo? Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. I have never set foot in the hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children. This waiting to get answers is killing me. I know it's a chance in a million that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings. It has been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your experiences. I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my experience.

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

Thanks Dianne. Great recipe for the hamburger I was already thinking s out things like that. Just out of curiosity, with bilateral ademas, how do they confirm they are benign? Is there any chance of them ever turning cancerous?VirginiaSent from my iPhone On Apr 23, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Virginia,I can't comment about your urine Na/K readings. You need to find out what the normal range is for your lab.With PA you dump potassium, and it sounds like you dump it into your breast milk as well as urine output. Not a good situation for your baby. If you start Spiro again (and listen to , if you are going to have an AVS you don't want to start Spiro now), make sure you talk to your doctor about the effects of Spiro on your milk. Have you connected with the LaLeche league? They may be able to provide donor milk.To answer your question, I have bi-lateral adenomas (1cm and 1.2cm). I may always be on Spiro and always on a low Na diet. Compared to what my life was before I knew about Spiro and a low Na diet there is no comparison in the way that I feel. Life is not perfect for me, but it's

a whole lot better than it was.Yes, flour tortillas are out because of the sodium, but corn tortillas are in. And here's another low-sodium tip while I'm thinking about it. If you crave a hamburger every once in a while you can still have one by: 1. making your own buns with way less salt, and 2. take a pound of ground beef and mix it (like you would a meatloaf) with approx. 3 T. of balsamic vinegar and quite a few shakes of a no-salt seasoning mix. Form it into 4 or 5 hamburger patties and freeze what you don't eat right then. You won't miss the salt. Even my grandkids like these.Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from all the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year old female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had "pregnancy induced" hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester. This was in 2003. My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered. In August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office. This was the first time in my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy. I remember thinking it must have been a fluke. I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd pregnancy, I was never put on meds

although I got into the 160/90s range for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much concern, because I had been "running a little high before pregnancy." After I delivered my 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat horribly when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP monitored my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried to limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most part, even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should go on meds. This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP just kept upping the dosage. About this time, a co-worker discussed how her dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne (and obviously my co-worker had high BP). Ironically enough, I

had been struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about 4-5 years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me spiro. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I can't remember the exact dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the good old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been reading I think I was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200 mg? I can look into it.

In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012). This pregnancy was actually a "surprise" for us, we were preventing at the time. So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have been researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in check...I don't think this worked very well for me. After I went off the spiro, my BP started climbing right away. I started out on 100 mg lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July. In August they put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol. My BP at this time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month on both medications my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again. In November my BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine. They sent me down for a

stress test and took some blood samples, and I was to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my history with pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was down to 2.4 . Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K (man that hurts!!) and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was borderline, Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298. BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2 UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine). Potassium was low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2 tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem should have been solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the NICU. I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare. My son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably when he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were "aching" all the time. I was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. And of course I was completely exhausted. It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr., becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was going to be tired, and the thirst I believed to be from nursing. But after a couple of weeks I was worried I had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he ran all kinds of blood

tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's amazing! lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though. As soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was kind of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But the second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that day I found out that's what my PCP thought I had too.

When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March (it was in the 70's and "normal" for this lab was 27. I still need to request printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an endocrinologist, and I got in the next week. She asked me what brought me in that day and I said "My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism." She said "Ha ha ha! What makes you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so rare!" I wanted to be like, what do you think lady? All the diagnostic evidence! Sheesh. So for about 4 weeks her "goal" was to "confirm" my hyperaldosteronism diagnosis. She stated that we needed to get my K back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if K is low. --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge? Just curious. At this time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day). Even with this amount of K, the

closest we came to a "normal" K was 3.1 (and I will add this was with a tourniquet lol). She said this was "close enough" though and re-measured my Aldosterone. It was 95. This endocrinologist felt my condition is a little out of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been referred to the Sitmeman Center for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis Missiouri, which is affiliated with Jewish Hospital (I live in a suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away). The earliest the Siteman Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was made April 4th).

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone about 5 weeks ago "just in case" and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm on 100 mg 1x day. I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it will effect my future testing, but I just can't help it! I have had my leg muscles aching for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am starting to experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see some damage in my eyes from my high BP. Right now it's running 160s over 100s for the most part, which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but considering it's been a pretty big jump within just a year or two. My PCP ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level was 3.7, but after reading all the feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I doubt this is accurate. I don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7, would they? I understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to

really make a difference in some cases, doesn't it? Another question for Dr. Grim: Right now all I have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most part it seems pretty accurate. I have been instructed to take my BP first think in the morning. It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always something like 174/114. Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or approximately 10 less on each). Is this a likely phenomenon, or just potentially faulty equipment? Could it be because of how I'm positioned, or becuase I was walking around & just sat down, etc?

I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center. He said he would be happy to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told him they don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS. Call me crazy, but I kind of want all the tests and information possible before I would consider surgery. Concern about a little radiation seems ridiculous when you're talking about potential major surgery. My PCP is going to call my new endocrinologist to see if we can get some communications lines open and make use of the time I'll be waiting to order the CT scan if necessary.

So, in addition to the "usual" hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my hands, feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are "popping out." Also is joint pain normal with aldo? Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel like I'm turning into a hypochondriac. I have never set foot in the hospital a day in my life other than for the birth of my children. This waiting to get answers is killing me. I know it's a chance in a million that I have cancer, but is it crazy that I am totally worried about that?

Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings. It has been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your experiences. I hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my experience.

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

You might remind your Indian Dr that I saw the first ever reported Indian with PA WHEN I was Dr. Conn's Fellow in 1969. He can with a letter of introduction from Indira Ghandi. He was so week he was in a wheel chair. Stayed till surgery done and walked out without the WC. IF SHE Searches JW Conn and PA Pt in Indian lit she will see it. Published in 1972 or so. She must have missed class on PA day. But we will get her up to speed. My one on one consulting fee is only $500 for a year. Can be paid in $100/month till done. Most are back on their feet in 3 months. Wish u had found us earlier. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 23, 2012, at 14:59, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Welcome to the group Virginia, even though this is a group we'd all rather not need to belong to. I'm sure others, far more knowledgable than I am will answer you, but a couple of things popped out at me while reading your introduction.Serum sodium numbers mean very little. That number reflects the amount of hydration you have in your system and is not a reliable number to let you know if you are Dashing correctly. You need a urine test for both K and Na.The muscle weakness and spasms you have experienced are mainly due to low K. Personally I have found that Magnesium plays a part in that also, but that may be just me. Low sodium V-8 is the drink of choice for most of us.Finally, learning to eat a low sodium diet is a learning curve. Once you start reading labels religiously you will

discover that even the most benign sounding foods (think bread for one), are loaded to the gills with Na.Fresh foods are in and canned or preprepared foods are pretty much out. The up side of this is that your BP will come down and both you and your family will benefit from this way of eating. My BP has gone from a high of around 222/114 before diagnosis to 128/68 today, thanks to Spiro, low Na and Dr. Grim.Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told

Guest guest

Recall that she has 3 small kids and needs to get back ASAP. AVS can be done later if indicated. But I have only been doing this since 1963. So it is her choice on his soon she wants to get better and caught up. Then the fine details can be worked out I would think. Serum sodium is high only is Grim stage 4 PA IE ADVANCED cases. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 23, 2012, at 16:16, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Virginia, DO NOT START SPIRONOLACTONE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING AVS! You must be off it and all MCBs for 6 weeks for the test to be valid.

The author, Dr. Moraitis, is my (and MAGGIEKAT's) Attending Physician at NIH and details the process very well. (My AVS was 2 weeks ago NIH.) I am still catching up from being gone for 2 weeks so I have just "skimmed" your stories but will try to read the detail in the next day or two. I will probably suggest you contact NIH and see if they can give you some guidance. You can get a headstart by going to study 00-CH-O160 at:

They may also have suggestions for your "little one".

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > "pregnancy induced" hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on

> > had been "running a little high before pregnancy." After I delivered my

> > can look into it.

> >

> > This pregnancy was actually a "surprise" for us, we were preventing at the

> >

> > he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were "aching" all the time. I

Guest guest

If possible you might be able to get there quickly. Contact them now to see. Then you have the answers in about 10 days in DC. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 23, 2012, at 17:43, Virginia Wall <virgwall@...> wrote:

Hello , nice to meet you. I've been reading about your experience and about the NIH and it definitely sounds fascinating.About the spiro....I was afraid of that. Really, it's just common sense, but I'm pretty desperate to feel better so I was kind of taking a "screw it, I'm taking the spiro" attitude. I think there's like a 90% chance I will need AVS or it will at least be considered. My PCP is actually trying to contact my #2 endo to ask that question, so I will discuss with him about stopping the spiro ASAP.

Will NIH consult with me & Dr's? Do you need to actually be a patient at their facility or a potential patient for them to discuss your case?

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my situation. I appreciate it.-VIRGINIA-On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

The author, Dr. Moraitis, is my (and MAGGIEKAT's) Attending Physician at NIH and details the process very well. (My AVS was 2 weeks ago NIH.) I am still catching up from being gone for 2 weeks so I have just "skimmed" your stories but will try to read the detail in the next day or two. I will probably suggest you contact NIH and see if they can give you some guidance. You can get a headstart by going to study 00-CH-O160 at:

They may also have suggestions for your "little one".

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > "pregnancy induced" hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on

> > had been "running a little high before pregnancy." After I delivered my

> > can look into it.

> >

> > This pregnancy was actually a "surprise" for us, we were preventing at the

> &

Guest guest

If u are nursing would not do the Spiro. The urine numbers we need the 24 hr volume but first glance you are DASHING very well. As mor K in urine than Na. But need the urine volume on that sample. How many times a night do u get up to pee?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 23, 2012, at 17:51, Virginia Wall <virgwall@...> wrote:

Dianne, nice to hear from you. All of your suggestions so far I greatly appreciate. I am so ignorant to everything, and I feel like there is so much to learn!!

Ok that makes sense about the serum sodium. They had me do a urine sodium & urine potassium on March 2 and I have those labs available. My K was 74.4, and my Na 37 meq/L. Any thoughts on those levels? This lab report doesn't tell me what normal is. I will say that since I am nursing I think that might have effected my urine test slightly....obviously I have one other way of "output." I had to stop nursing my son because his Potassium got to 7.8!!! I am still "pumping & dumping" though, hoping to go back to it :-(.

How long have you had hyperaldo? Do you have hyperplasia, and that is why you're still on spiro?

I know what you mean about Na being in surprising foods...i.e. flour tortillas!! Holy moly.Thanks again for your time. It means a lot.

-VIRGINIA-On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Welcome to the group Virginia, even though this is a group we'd all rather not need to belong to. I'm sure others, far more knowledgable than I am will answer you, but a couple of things popped out at me while reading your introduction.

Serum sodium numbers mean very little. That number reflects the amount of hydration you have in your system and is not a reliable number to let you know if you are Dashing correctly. You need a urine test for both K and Na.

The muscle weakness and spasms you have experienced are mainly due to low K. Personally I have found that Magnesium plays a part in that also, but that may be just me. Low sodium V-8 is the drink of choice for most of us.

Finally, learning to eat a low sodium diet is a learning curve. Once you start reading labels religiously you will

discover that even the most benign sounding foods (think bread for one), are loaded to the gills with Na.Fresh foods are in and canned or preprepared foods are pretty much out. The up side of this is that your BP will come down and both you and your family will benefit from this way of eating. My BP has gone from a high of around 222/114 before diagnosis to 128/68 today, thanks to Spiro, low Na and Dr. Grim.

Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

Chance is not zero but very low and am not aware of bilateral Ca causing Conn's. But may be a report somewhere. Put that at the bottom of your worry list. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Apr 23, 2012, at 19:54, Virginia Wall <virgwall@...> wrote:

Thanks Dianne. Great recipe for the hamburger I was already thinking s out things like that. Just out of curiosity, with bilateral ademas, how do they confirm they are benign? Is there any chance of them ever turning cancerous?VirginiaSent from my iPhone On Apr 23, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Dianne strong <dianstrong@...> wrote:

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

Dr. Grim did answer your question about benign vs cancerous. Don't worry about that, they are seldom cancerous. Really. The real reason I'm writing is to let you know that I am one of the people in this group who hired Dr. Grim for a one year consultation and it was probably some of the best money I've ever spent.It was hard to get my doctors to listen to my concerns and even harder to actually trust what they said, because they had never seen a PA case before. Actually I'm sure they have seen plenty, just not recognized them, but I digress.After bringing my doctors copies of Dr. Grim's Evolution of PA paper and a copy of his CV they decided to listen to him. He consulted with my Nephrologist and got him started on a treatment plan for me that he would have NEVER come up with on his own. Treatment = systematic

cutting of other BP meds, Spiro and Dashing. My doctor did think of Spiro, but didn't have a clue about the role of sodium in PA and didn't know that most of the other BP medications I had been on were worthless with PA.If you can swing it at all, do hire Dr. Grim. You won't be on your own out there anymore taking advice from doctors who really don't know what they are doing. Dianne

Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

Regards,

Virginia Wall

Guest guest

I have bilateral adrenal adenomas and some kind of cushings that is more

lateralized than are the adenomas and hyperplasia. My Dr. at NIH is doing

additonal tests for the cortisol issues next week, then every 6 months

reevaluate the tumors; size and nature of them to determine surgical

intervention and watch for " changes " . Changes that I assume are the 7%? rate of

CA in adrenal adenomas, and a higher rate of cortisol secreting and co-secreting

adenomas (I am not sure of the rate, but know it's higher). Still relatively

low, but note that both MD and Winship Cancer Centers evaluate and

treat hyperaldosteronism, adrenal adenomas, etc. It is not zero, therefore, (as

a mother), I personally don't care if it's near zero, if there's any chance, I

want it considered and evaluated. I am comfortable with the plan of my team at

NIH.

Honey, you need to start pumping, banking your milk and/or get to a breastmilk

bank like through La Leche League and get all your baseline testing done and a

plan in place. Follow the links that posts and call Dr. Lyssikatos at NIH.

You can consult and he will answer all your questions. Then, you and he decide

if the protocol is right for you. Then you send records, get a letter of

referral, buy a plane ticket, you can take your husband and kiddos there too.

Probably have to pump while there since you will be given meds for testing...I

really don't know, however if they will take a nursing Mom, wouldn't hurt to ask

and find out the parameters.

I hope you can keep nursing and still get a good eval very soon.

> >>

> >>>

> >>> Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

> >>>

> >>> I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I joined

the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from all the

discussions and am glad I was able to join.

> >>>

> >>> Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year old

female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with

hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my symptoms

started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had " pregnancy

induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to go on medication, and

my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last trimester. This was in 2003.

My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered. In August of 2007, right

before I became pregnant with my second child, I remember my BP was 140/90s.at

my OB's office. This was the first time in my life my BP was high other than

with pregnancy. I remember thinking it must have been a fluke. I struggled

with BP all throughout my 2nd pregnancy, I was never put on meds although I got

into the 160/90s range for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much

concern, because I had been " running a little high before pregnancy. " After I

delivered my 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat

horribly when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP

monitored my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried

to limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most part,

even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should go on meds.

This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't remember the name

of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP just kept upping the dosage.

About this time, a co-worker discussed how her dermatologist recommended

spirinolactone to her because it helped with acne (and obviously my co-worker

had high BP). Ironically enough, I had been struggling with acne WAY worse than

when I was a teenager for about 4-5 years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he

agreed to prescribe me spiro. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I

can't remember the exact dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too

important in the good old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been

reading I think I was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe

even 200 mg? I can look into it.

> >>>

> >>> In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30 2012).

This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at the time.

So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP meds to lebatelol,

which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have been researching the

fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in check...I don't think this

worked very well for me. After I went off the spiro, my BP started climbing

right away. I started out on 100 mg lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday

in about July. In August they put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the

lebatelol. My BP at this time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month

on both medications my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again.

In November my BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my

urine. They sent me down for a stress test and took some blood samples, and I

was to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia diagnosis

and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my history with

pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K was down to 2.4 .

Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV of K (man that hurts!!)

and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was borderline, Dr. said if it's over 300

he would keep me on bed rest but mine was 298. BP was very hard to control the

remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2 UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood

was in my urine). Potassium was low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was

prescribed Potassium 20 Meq 2 tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery,

and didn't seem too inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem

should have been solved, because we did not test my blood again during my

pregnancy.

> >>>

> >>> I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of this

year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency for

those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in the NICU.

I only mention this because I probably would have been more quick to go to the

Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare. My son had 2 blood

transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably when he was about 3 weeks

old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time. I was also drinking about 2

gallons of water a day. And of course I was completely exhausted. It took me

awhile to decide to go to the Dr., becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was

going to be tired, and the thirst I believed to be from nursing. But after a

couple of weeks I was worried I had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP

(who is AMAZING) and he ran all kinds of blood tests. It was discovered my K

was at 2.0. He put me on K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the

lab and asked them to process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you

he's amazing! lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back

though. As soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was

kind of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I

got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did research I

thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But the second day I

discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that day I found out that's

what my PCP thought I had too.

> >>>

> >>> When my test came back positive for Aldosterone the first week of March

(it was in the 70's and " normal " for this lab was 27. I still need to request

printouts of all my lab work though) my PCP referred me to an endocrinologist,

and I got in the next week. She asked me what brought me in that day and I said

" My Dr. and I think I have hyperaldosteronism. " She said " Ha ha ha! What makes

you think that, hyperaldosteronism is so rare! " I wanted to be like, what do

you think lady? All the diagnostic evidence! Sheesh. So for about 4 weeks her

" goal " was to " confirm " my hyperaldosteronism diagnosis. She stated that we

needed to get my K back up to normal, because aldosterone will always be high if

K is low. --Dr. Grim, is this true to your knowledge? Just curious. At this

time, I am on K 20Meq 2 tabs, 3x a day (so 6 tabs a day). Even with this amount

of K, the closest we came to a " normal " K was 3.1 (and I will add this was with

a tourniquet lol). She said this was " close enough " though and re-measured my

Aldosterone. It was 95. This endocrinologist felt my condition is a little out

of her comfort zone, so at this time I have been referred to the Sitmeman Center

for Advanced Medicine in St. Louis Missiouri, which is affiliated with

Jewish Hospital (I live in a suburb of St. Louis, only about 20 min away). The

earliest the Siteman Center could get me in was May 17th (the appointment was

made April 4th).

> >>>

> >>> I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my PCP prescribed me spirinolactone

about 5 weeks ago " just in case " and I started taking it about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

I'm on 100 mg 1x day. I say I know I shouldn't because I'm sure it will effect

my future testing, but I just can't help it! I have had my leg muscles aching

for weeks now, and these BP headaches are extreme and I am starting to

experience blurred vision and my PCP said he can start to see some damage in my

eyes from my high BP. Right now it's running 160s over 100s for the most part,

which I know doesn't sound that crazy, but considering it's been a pretty big

jump within just a year or two. My PCP ordered a BMP on Friday and my K level

was 3.7, but after reading all the feedback on usage of the tourniquet, etc, I

doubt this is accurate. I don't think my legs would still be aching with a 3.7,

would they? I understand it takes a few weeks for spiro to really make a

difference in some cases, doesn't it? Another question for Dr. Grim: Right now

all I have is a automated BP cuff I bought about 4 years ago, but for the most

part it seems pretty accurate. I have been instructed to take my BP first think

in the morning. It seems the first time I take my BP, it is always something

like 174/114. Then I re-take it and it's 163/104 (or approximately 10 less on

each). Is this a likely phenomenon, or just potentially faulty equipment?

Could it be because of how I'm positioned, or becuase I was walking around &

just sat down, etc?

> >>>

> >>> I've basically begged my PCP to at least order me a CT scan while I'm

waiting for my appointment with the Siteman Center. He said he would be happy

to do that for me, but the endocrinologist that pawned me off told him they

don't even do that any more for hyperaldosteronism, only AVS. Call me crazy,

but I kind of want all the tests and information possible before I would

consider surgery. Concern about a little radiation seems ridiculous when you're

talking about potential major surgery. My PCP is going to call my new

endocrinologist to see if we can get some communications lines open and make use

of the time I'll be waiting to order the CT scan if necessary.

> >>>

> >>> So, in addition to the " usual " hyperaldosteronism symptoms, I am a little

freaked out because the last several weeks I have noticed the veins in my hands,

feet, even arms & legs to a certain extent are " popping out. " Also is joint

pain normal with aldo? Particularly in my hips & shoulders.I feel like I'm

turning into a hypochondriac. I have never set foot in the hospital a day in my

life other than for the birth of my children. This waiting to get answers is

killing me. I know it's a chance in a million that I have cancer, but is it

crazy that I am totally worried about that?

> >>>

> >>> Well, thanks for potentially taking the time to read my ramblings. It has

been very therapeutic to voice my concerns and read all of your experiences. I

hope to get to know all of you a bit more throughout my experience.

> >>>

> >>> Regards,

> >>>

> >>> Virginia Wall

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

They aso have a family lodge for the family members of the patients at the

clinical center. It is gratis with some protocols and surgeries, but a nightly

fee when not included in protocol/surgery. Cost when I checked was around

$70/night.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

> > > > >

> > > > > I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I

> > > > > the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from

all

> > > > > the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year

old

> > > > > female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with

> > > > > hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my

symptoms

> > > > > started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had

> > > > > " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to

go on

> > > > > medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last

trimester.

> > > > > This was in 2003. My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered.

In

> > > > > August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I

> > > > > remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office. This was the first time

in

> > > > > my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy. I remember thinking

it

> > > > > must have been a fluke. I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd

> > > > > pregnancy, I was never put on meds although I got into the 160/90s

range

> > > > > for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much concern, because

I

> > > > > had been " running a little high before pregnancy. " After I delivered

my

> > > > > 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat

horribly

> > > > > when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP

monitored

> > > > > my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried

to

> > > > > limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most

> > > > > part, even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should

go

> > > > > on meds. This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't

> > > > > remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP

just

> > > > > kept upping the dosage. About this time, a co-worker discussed how her

> > > > > dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with

acne

> > > > > (and obviously my co-worker had high BP). Ironically enough, I had

been

> > > > > struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about

4-5

> > > > > years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me

spiro.

> > > > > Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I can't remember the exact

> > > > > dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the

good

> > > > > old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been reading I think

I

> > > > > was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200

mg? I

> > > > > can look into it.

> > > > >

> > > > > In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30

2012).

> > > > > This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at

the

> > > > > time. So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP

meds

> > > > > to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have

been

> > > > > researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in

> > > > > check...I don't think this worked very well for me. After I went off

the

> > > > > spiro, my BP started climbing right away. I started out on 100 mg

> > > > > lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July. In August

they

> > > > > put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol. My BP at

this

> > > > > time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month on both

medications

> > > > > my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again. In November

my

> > > > > BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine.

> > > > > They sent me down for a stress test and took some blood samples, and I

was

> > > > > to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia

> > > > > diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my

> > > > > history with pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K

was

> > > > > down to 2.4 . Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV

of K

> > > > > (man that hurts!!) and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was

borderline,

> > > > > Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was

> > > > > BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2

> > > > > UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine). Potassium

was

> > > > > low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq

> > > > > tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too

> > > > > inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem should have

been

> > > > > solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

> > > > >

> > > > > I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of

this

> > > > > year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency

for

> > > > > those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in

the

> > > > > NICU. I only mention this because I probably would have been more

quick to

> > > > > go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare.

My

> > > > > son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably

when

> > > > > he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time.

I

> > > > > was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. And of course I was

> > > > > completely exhausted. It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr.,

> > > > > becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was going to be tired, and the

thirst

> > > > > I believed to be from nursing. But after a couple of weeks I was

worried I

> > > > > had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he

ran

> > > > > all kinds of blood tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me

on

> > > > > K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked

them to

> > > > > process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's

amazing!

> > > > > lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though.

As

> > > > > soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was

kind

> > > > > of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I

> > > > > got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did

> > > > > research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But

the

> > > > > second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that

day

> >

>

Guest guest

Add to this mix...if you have excess cortisol and hyper aldo, spiro is

contraindicated since it raises cortisol. A " trial " of spiro to diagnose is not

recommended by NIH. This may be one of the reasons against it. is really

the poster boy for not simply trying spiro without a thorough endocrine

evaluation. I too, am another example of how this would have been no less than

folly.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Greetings Dr. Grim & co!

> > > > >

> > > > > I thought I would send out a message just to introduce myself, I

> > > > > the group just 2 days ago. I have already benefited greatly from

all

> > > > > the discussions and am glad I was able to join.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just a brief description to start about my situation. I am a 31 year

old

> > > > > female, and have only within the last 2-3 months been diagnosed with

> > > > > hyperaldosteronism. It's hard for me to speculate exactly when my

symptoms

> > > > > started. I have 3 children, and my oldest is 8 1/2 years old. I had

> > > > > " pregnancy induced " hypertension with my first child, I never had to

go on

> > > > > medication, and my BP only got in the 150/90s range in the last

trimester.

> > > > > This was in 2003. My BP went back to normal shortly after I delivered.

In

> > > > > August of 2007, right before I became pregnant with my second child, I

> > > > > remember my BP was 140/90s.at my OB's office. This was the first time

in

> > > > > my life my BP was high other than with pregnancy. I remember thinking

it

> > > > > must have been a fluke. I struggled with BP all throughout my 2nd

> > > > > pregnancy, I was never put on meds although I got into the 160/90s

range

> > > > > for the whole last trimester. My OB never showed much concern, because

I

> > > > > had been " running a little high before pregnancy. " After I delivered

my

> > > > > 2nd child in May 2008 my BP never went back down. I always eat

horribly

> > > > > when I'm pregnant, I gained 70 lbs with my 2nd child. So my PCP

monitored

> > > > > my BP for a full year, and I lost all my pregnancy weight, and tried

to

> > > > > limit my sodium intake. My BP stayed in the 150/90s range for the most

> > > > > part, even after these efforts. My PCP at this point told me I should

go

> > > > > on meds. This was the summer of 2009. I was on one medication, I can't

> > > > > remember the name of it, for 2-3 months, with little results. My PCP

just

> > > > > kept upping the dosage. About this time, a co-worker discussed how her

> > > > > dermatologist recommended spirinolactone to her because it helped with

acne

> > > > > (and obviously my co-worker had high BP). Ironically enough, I had

been

> > > > > struggling with acne WAY worse than when I was a teenager for about

4-5

> > > > > years. I suggested this to my PCP, and he agreed to prescribe me

spiro.

> > > > > Really. I couldn't make this stuff up lol. I can't remember the exact

> > > > > dosage I was on at the time....none of this was too important in the

good

> > > > > old oblivious days, you know? But from what I've been reading I think

I

> > > > > was on a pretty high dose. At least 100 mg a day.....maybe even 200

mg? I

> > > > > can look into it.

> > > > >

> > > > > In April of 2011 I got pregnant with my 3rd child (Due January 30

2012).

> > > > > This pregnancy was actually a " surprise " for us, we were preventing at

the

> > > > > time. So as soon as I could I contacted my PCP and he changed my BP

meds

> > > > > to lebatelol, which is considered safe for pregnancy. Although I have

been

> > > > > researching the fact that pregnancy hormones help keep aldosterone in

> > > > > check...I don't think this worked very well for me. After I went off

the

> > > > > spiro, my BP started climbing right away. I started out on 100 mg

> > > > > lebatelol 2x day, and went to 200 mg 2xday in about July. In August

they

> > > > > put me on Nifedical XL 30 mg in addition to the lebatelol. My BP at

this

> > > > > time was usually about 160/100s. After about a month on both

medications

> > > > > my BP went down slightly and hovered around 150/90s again. In November

my

> > > > > BP was up again and they found a slight amount of protein in my urine.

> > > > > They sent me down for a stress test and took some blood samples, and I

was

> > > > > to collect my urine for 24 hours with the chance of a preeclampsia

> > > > > diagnosis and complete bed rest. (This was November 10th based on my

> > > > > history with pharmacy). Ironically enough, my blood test showed my K

was

> > > > > down to 2.4 . Since I was in the hospital anyway, they gave me an IV

of K

> > > > > (man that hurts!!) and sent me home. My 24 hour protein was

borderline,

> > > > > Dr. said if it's over 300 he would keep me on bed rest but mine was

> > > > > BP was very hard to control the remainder of my pregnancy, and I had 2

> > > > > UTI's (no symptoms whatsoever, but blood was in my urine). Potassium

was

> > > > > low again on November 28th--2.8, and I was prescribed Potassium 20 Meq

> > > > > tabs 2xday. My OB said my low K was a mystery, and didn't seem too

> > > > > inclined to investigate further. Apparently my problem should have

been

> > > > > solved, because we did not test my blood again during my pregnancy.

> > > > >

> > > > > I delivered my 3rd child 2 weeks & 2 days early, on January 13th of

this

> > > > > year. He was born with a genetic blood defect, (called G6PD deficiency

for

> > > > > those that are familiar or curious), and he spent the first 11 days in

the

> > > > > NICU. I only mention this because I probably would have been more

quick to

> > > > > go to the Dr. myself if I wasn't so concerned with my child's welfare.

My

> > > > > son had 2 blood transfusions in his first 5 weeks of life. Probably

when

> > > > > he was about 3 weeks old i noticed my legs were " aching " all the time.

I

> > > > > was also drinking about 2 gallons of water a day. And of course I was

> > > > > completely exhausted. It took me awhile to decide to go to the Dr.,

> > > > > becuase I had a newborn! Of course I was going to be tired, and the

thirst

> > > > > I believed to be from nursing. But after a couple of weeks I was

worried I

> > > > > had diabetes or something. I went to my PCP (who is AMAZING) and he

ran

> > > > > all kinds of blood tests. It was discovered my K was at 2.0. He put me

on

> > > > > K 20 Meq 1 tab 3x day right away. He also called the lab and asked

them to

> > > > > process a test for aldosterone that SAME DAY! (I told you he's

amazing!

> > > > > lol). It took about 3-4 days for the lab results to come back though.

As

> > > > > soon as the Dr. office called telling me my Potassium was low, I was

kind

> > > > > of fed up. I mean, 3x in a few months! I knew this wasn't normal. So I

> > > > > got online and started researching like crazy. The first day I did

> > > > > research I thought my kidneys were failing from my high BP ha ha. But

the

> > > > > second day I discovered hyperaldosteronism. Everything fit. And that

day

> >

>