RemedySpot.com

Re: Iodine and spotting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The pill forms of hormones are not good. They can convert in the liver to unanticipated (toxic) forms of hormones. Topical / Transdermal are the best methods of delivery. Yes it is possible to have a shift in hormones with iodine. I was put in early meno from RAI and iodine caused me to have a cycle.

Buist, ND HC

Iodine and spotting

Hi Everyone,I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting. Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting. My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine is causing me spotting. Thank you for any input.Agnes

Guest guest

Thank you for the reply. I'm afraid to stop progesterone bc it will cause me to bleed even more. I already have heavy periods.As for the spotting, shall I reduce my iodine intake? I'm only taking 12.5 Iodoral. Unable to increase due to severe symptoms. Don't want to keep spotting each month.Thank you.AgnesSent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!----- Reply message -----From: " Buist, ND HC " <stephaniebnd@...><iodine >Subject: Iodine and spottingDate: Mon, Mar 19, 2012 6:49 am The pill forms of hormones are not good. They can convert in the liver to unanticipated (toxic) forms of hormones. Topical / Transdermal are the best methods of delivery. Yes it is possible to have a shift in hormones with iodine. I was put in early meno from RAI and iodine caused me to have a cycle. Buist, ND HC Iodine and spotting Hi Everyone,I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting. Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting. My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine is causing me spotting. Thank you for any input.Agnes

Guest guest

You may need to lower your progesterone dose while on iodine. Have you had

testing done lately?

Linn

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms

were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and

taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.

>

> I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on

progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian

cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting.

Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting.

My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine

is causing me spotting.

>

> Thank you for any input.

> Agnes

>

Guest guest

I haven't been able to lower progesterone. I am using 250mg P cream every night.

Gracia

You may need to lower your progesterone dose while on iodine. Have you had testing done lately?LinnModerator>> Hi Everyone,> > I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.> > I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting. Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting. My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine is causing me spotting. > > Thank you for any input.> Agnes>

Guest guest

Linn, thank you. My last test was normal for progesterone but estrogen was a little low per doc. I'll retest tomorrow but am getting worried bc I'm getting new symptoms since I started iodine. For example, today had pain like period cramps even though my period is due in another two weeks. AgnesSent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 4:48 PM, "Gracia" <circe@...> wrote:

I haven't been able to lower progesterone. I am using 250mg P cream every night.

Gracia

You may need to lower your progesterone dose while on iodine. Have you had testing done lately?LinnModerator>> Hi Everyone,> > I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.> > I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting. Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting. My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine is causing me spotting. > > Thank you for any input.> Agnes>

=

Guest guest

I don't think I can answer that for you. If you stop taking Iodoral does the spotting stop? IF you are taking iodine for a health condition that you need it then is the spotting that bad?

Buist, ND HC

Iodine and spotting

Hi Everyone,I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a lot.I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting. Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting. My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine is causing me spotting. Thank you for any input.Agnes

Guest guest

Hello,

I have been following this thread. If iodine is what is causing the spotting, does this mean that iodine can help clean the uterus? Could it induce a miscarriage or prevent pregnancy?

S

De: " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...>Para: iodine Enviado: Lunes 19 de marzo de 2012 17:18Asunto: Re: Iodine and spotting

I don't think I can answer that for you. If you stop taking Iodoral does the spotting stop? IF you are taking iodine for a health condition that you need it then is the spotting that bad?

Buist, ND HC

Iodine and spotting

Guest guest

The spotting is not so bad but it worries me bc I am thyroid less and had to deal with so many horrble symptoms after my surgery. I'm taking iodine bc I have been feeling exhausted, weak, brain fogged and otherwise messed up since my thyroid has been taken out. Haven't tried to stop the Iodoral but it seems to interact with my progesterone pill.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 19, 2012, at 8:18 PM, " Buist, ND HC" <stephaniebnd@...> wrote:

Buist, ND HC

Iodine and spotting

=

Guest guest

I meant for Agnes, I know you do well on higher amounts Gracia. ;-)

Linn

> >

> > Hi Everyone,

> >

> > I have just hit a rough patch with my iodine protocol where my detox

symptoms were very severe and discouraging. I'm now splittig my 12.5 Iodoral in

two and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. That seems to help a

lot.

> >

> > I wanted to know if anyone has had spotting while on iodine. I'm on

progesterone pill for a few years and had some female problems ie. Ovarian

cysts, endometriosis, fibrocystic breast, heavy periods but NEVER had spotting.

Since I have started iodine, about 8 weeks ago, I had two episodes of spotting.

My female check ups are all normal and I'm cyst free now so I'm guessing iodine

is causing me spotting.

> >

> > Thank you for any input.

> > Agnes

> >

>

Guest guest

No I don't see how it can induce a miscarriage or prevent pregnancy. It is a nutrient used by the cells. It is a normal part of our food - or should be. It does promote detoxing which could promote a shedding of the lining of the uterus. I had a cycle every other week for over a month when I went to 125 mgs from 100 mgs. I believe it was just part of the *reset* process.

Buist, ND HC

Iodine and spotting

Guest guest

you will need to get enough iodine to feel better. how long r u supposed to stay on 12.5mg?

Gracia

Linn, thank you. My last test was normal for progesterone but estrogen was a little low per doc. I'll retest tomorrow but am getting worried bc I'm getting new symptoms since I started iodine. For example, today had pain like period cramps even though my period is due in another two weeks.

AgnesSent from my iPad

Guest guest

, I'm unable to increase from 12.5. If I do, I have severe symptoms of exhaustion, insomnia, tender breasts, throat tightness and increased salvation. With 12.5, I feel better, more energetic, clear headed, more alert but have now spotting, period like cramps and still severe insomnia.Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!----- Reply message -----From: " Gracia " <circe@...><iodine >Subject: Re: Iodine and spottingDate: Tue, Mar 20, 2012 12:31 pm

you will need to get enough iodine to feel better. how long r u supposed to stay on 12.5mg?

Gracia

Linn, thank you. My last test was normal for progesterone but estrogen was a little low per doc. I'll retest tomorrow but am getting worried bc I'm getting new symptoms since I started iodine. For example, today had pain like period cramps even though my period is due in another two weeks.

AgnesSent from my iPad