RemedySpot.com

Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My NP has be taking Armour and also 25mg of iodine/iodide with selenium, vitamin E,and vitamin C. If the Iodoral is making your thyroid work better, why doesn't he reduce your Nature-Throid dosage? in Alaska

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Theta <calblonde1@...> wrote:

I am on NatureThroid.   When I last saw my doctor last, he told meto STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

has iodine in it.  He said I will end up hyperthyroid.  My Free T3was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9).  But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

away from the Internet 'experts'.HELP!

Your doctor is WRONG!! The iodine bound to the protein in the hormone is not available. Your entire body needs iodine - not just your thyroid. It is so frustrating to hear doctors tell their patients this.

If you have a high Free T3 you need to check Reverse T3 - this is something that happens as a result of FT3 elevation. It is like the counterbalance mechanism. It inactivates the FT3. High RT3 results from a conversion issue due to poor diet, high cortisol or toxic liver.

High iodine in the body does not cause hyperthyroidism - it was the cure for it years ago. It is still listed in the Merck Manual as the cure.

What are your TSH and FT4 levels?

Buist, ND HC

Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroid

I am on NatureThroid. When I last saw my doctor last, he told meto STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stayaway from the Internet 'experts'.HELP!

He didn't check FT4. My TSH is <0.012< (range of 0.5-4.0 (obviously suppresseddue to being on NatureThrroid).My diet could not be better (everything is grass-fed, organic, etc.).I have LOW cortisol symptoms (dizzy, very low BP, insomnia).Thank you so much for the feed-back, . XOFrom: Buist, ND HC <stephaniebnd@...>Subject: Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroidiodine Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:33 AM

Your doctor is WRONG!! The iodine bound to the protein in the hormone is not available. Your entire body needs iodine - not just your thyroid. It is so frustrating to hear doctors tell their patients this.

If you have a high Free T3 you need to check Reverse T3 - this is something that happens as a result of FT3 elevation. It is like the counterbalance mechanism. It inactivates the FT3. High RT3 results from a conversion issue due to poor diet, high cortisol or toxic liver.

High iodine in the body does not cause hyperthyroidism - it was the cure for it years ago. It is still listed in the Merck Manual as the cure.

Buist, ND HC

I am on NatureThroid. When I last saw my doctor last, he told meto STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stayaway from the Internet 'experts'.HELP!

,Good point! I would rather lower my NatureThroid than eliminatemy Iodoral. I am also taking Milk thistle, Vit E, selenium, Vit C, B-complex,additional choline, inositol and B3 and B5.Were you able to lower your Armour dose at all?

I am on NatureThroid. When I last saw my doctor last, he told meto STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

Low iron can cause increased RT3 and can suppress TSH. It's important to

test serum iron, ferritin, TIBC, and % saturation to properly evaluate

iron levels.

Low cortisol can also cause increased RT3 just like high

cortisol.

in NS, Canada

At 02:47 PM 28/01/12, you wrote:

He didn't check FT4. My

TSH is <0.012< (range of 0.5-4.0 (obviously suppressed

due to being on NatureThrroid).

My diet could not be better (everything is grass-fed, organic,

etc.).

I have LOW cortisol symptoms (dizzy, very low BP, insomnia).

Thank you so much for the feed-back, . XO

Subject: Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroid

iodine

Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:33 AM

Your

doctor is WRONG!! The iodine bound to the protein in the hormone is

not available. Your entire body needs iodine - not just your

thyroid. It is so frustrating to hear doctors tell their patients

this.

If you

have a high Free T3 you need to check Reverse T3 - this is something that

happens as a result of FT3 elevation. It is like the counterbalance

mechanism. It inactivates the FT3. High RT3 results from a

conversion issue due to poor diet, high cortisol or toxic liver.

High

iodine in the body does not cause hyperthyroidism - it was the cure for

it years ago. It is still listed in the Merck Manual as the

cure.

What are

your TSH and FT4 levels?

Buist, ND HC

I am on NatureThroid. When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3

was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

(severe water retention/puffy eyes).

When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

away from the Internet 'experts'.

HELP!

I was at 90mg of Armour for a bit. But I am currently trying to find the right dosage as 90 makes me wound up tight and 60 is too low. So I am hoping that 75mg will be the right fit. So not a lot of change but I also have part of my thyroid dead because of radioactive iodine. So I will always need some supplementation. I am just trying to keep my thyroid working as well as I can with what is left.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Theta <calblonde1@...> wrote:

,Good point! I would rather lower my NatureThroid than eliminatemy Iodoral.  I am also taking Milk thistle,  Vit E, selenium, Vit C, B-complex,

additional choline, inositol and B3 and B5.Were you able to lower your Armour dose at all?

I am on NatureThroid.   When I last saw my doctor last, he told meto STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

has iodine in it.  He said I will end up hyperthyroid.  My Free T3was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9).  But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

So if that is the case I would look at your RT3 level and see if that is the culprit.

Buist, ND HC

Unfortunately, he didn't check my RT3 level. I think you are right aboutit though. What do I do with a high RT3 level?Thank you.

From: Buist, ND HC <stephaniebnd@...>Subject: Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroidiodine Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:33 AM

Buist, ND HC

It sounds like you need to use a more potent liver cleanse product. I used Pure Zen Health TLC when mine got too high.

Buist, ND HC

That truly indicates! Thank you SO much for you kind attention, . XO

From: Buist, ND HC <stephaniebnd@...>Subject: Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroidiodine Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:33 AM

Buist, ND HC

"wound up tight" is an adrenal symptom.   most ppl have to support

adrenals and then increase thyroid meds. and/or you may feel better

on 50mg or more iodoral.

Gracia

I was at 90mg of Armour for a bit. But I am currently

trying to find the right dosage as 90 makes me wound up

tight and 60 is too low. So I am hoping that 75mg will be

the right fit. So not a lot of change but I also have part

of my thyroid dead because of radioactive iodine. So I

will always need some supplementation. I am just trying to

keep my thyroid working as well as I can with what is

left.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM,

Theta <calblonde1@...>

wrote:

Good point! I would rather lower my

NatureThroid than eliminate

my Iodoral.  I am also taking Milk

thistle,  Vit E, selenium, Vit C,

B-complex,

additional choline, inositol and B3

and B5.

Were you able to lower your Armour

dose at all?

I

am on

NatureThroid.

When I last

saw my doctor

last, he told

me

to STOP the

Iodoral I was

taking (25 mg)

immediately

because NT

has iodine in

it.  He said I

will end up

hyperthyroid. 

My Free T3

was HIGH (5.86

range 2.0 -

4.9).  But, I

still have

hypothyroid

symptoms

(severe water

retention/puffy

eyes).

When I told

him about the

people on this

list, he said

to stay

away from the

Internet

'experts'.

HELP!

Too much thyroid makes " wound up tight " . So there probably can be multiple causes. in AlaskaOn Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

" wound up tight " is an adrenal symptom.   most ppl have to support

adrenals and then increase thyroid meds. and/or you may feel better

on 50mg or more iodoral.

Gracia

I was at 90mg of Armour for a bit. But I am currently

trying to find the right dosage as 90 makes me wound up

tight and 60 is too low. So I am hoping that 75mg will be

the right fit. So not a lot of change but I also have part

of my thyroid dead because of radioactive iodine. So I

will always need some supplementation. I am just trying to

keep my thyroid working as well as I can with what is

left.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM,

Theta <calblonde1@...>

wrote:

Good point! I would rather lower my

NatureThroid than eliminate

my Iodoral.  I am also taking Milk

thistle,  Vit E, selenium, Vit C,

B-complex,

additional choline, inositol and B3

and B5.

Were you able to lower your Armour

dose at all?

I

am on

NatureThroid.

When I last

saw my doctor

last, he told

me

to STOP the

Iodoral I was

taking (25 mg)

immediately

because NT

has iodine in

it.  He said I

will end up

hyperthyroid. 

My Free T3

was HIGH (5.86

range 2.0 -

4.9).  But, I

still have

hypothyroid

symptoms

(severe water

retention/puffy

eyes).

When I told

him about the

people on this

list, he said

to stay

away from the

Internet

'experts'.

HELP!

average dose of NT is 180--300mg. you can look at the Frees, FT3 and FT4 should be in the upper quarter of range.

I could not take enough thyroid meds until I treated my adrenals.

now I also take 100mg Iodoral.

gracia

Too much thyroid makes "wound up tight". So there probably can be multiple causes.

in Alaska

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Gracia <circe@...> wrote:

"wound up tight" is an adrenal symptom. most ppl have to support adrenals and then increase thyroid meds. and/or you may feel better on 50mg or more iodoral.Gracia

I was at 90mg of Armour for a bit. But I am currently trying to find the right dosage as 90 makes me wound up tight and 60 is too low. So I am hoping that 75mg will be the right fit. So not a lot of change but I also have part of my thyroid dead because of radioactive iodine. So I will always need some supplementation. I am just trying to keep my thyroid working as well as I can with what is left.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Theta <calblonde1@...> wrote:

,Good point! I would rather lower my NatureThroid than eliminatemy Iodoral. I am also taking Milk thistle, Vit E, selenium, Vit C, B-complex,additional choline, inositol and B3 and B5.Were you able to lower your Armour dose at all?

The doctor only tested Iron which was 143 (range 60 - 180) and TIBC whichwas 364 (Range 250 - 450).Thank you.

Subject: Re: Taking Iodoral while taking NatureThroid

iodine

Date: Saturday, January 28, 2012, 10:33 AM

Your

doctor is WRONG!! The iodine bound to the protein in the hormone is

not available. Your entire body needs iodine - not just your

thyroid. It is so frustrating to hear doctors tell their patients

this.

If you

have a high Free T3 you need to check Reverse T3 - this is something that

happens as a result of FT3 elevation. It is like the counterbalance

mechanism. It inactivates the FT3. High RT3 results from a

conversion issue due to poor diet, high cortisol or toxic liver.

High

iodine in the body does not cause hyperthyroidism - it was the cure for

it years ago. It is still listed in the Merck Manual as the

cure.

What are

your TSH and FT4 levels?

Buist, ND HC

I am on NatureThroid. When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3

was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

(severe water retention/puffy eyes).

When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

away from the Internet 'experts'.

HELP!

I'm late to this conversation, but just thought I'd mention that my dose of

Naturethroid has been lowered twice last year by my doctor. I mentioned I'm

taking Iodine, but I'm glad she didn't ask me more about it because I didn't

want to hear the " warnings " . I'm at 50mg maintenance dose now as that's where I

feel the best. I'm very pleased that I'm needing less and less NT. I was at 1

grain per day and now I'm a little less than 1/2 a grain per day. I'd love to

not even need it at all, but I don't know if I'll get there. It's not my

priority. It's the only thing I have to have a prescription for though. Hate

that. :-)

FWIW

~Karin

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I am on NatureThroid.   When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

> to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

>

>

>  has iodine in it.  He said I will end up hyperthyroid.  My Free T3

> was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9).  But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

> (severe water retention/puffy eyes).

>

> When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

>

>

> away from the Internet 'experts'.

>

> HELP!

>

how long have you been on NT? Do you have Hashi's? and how long have you been oniodine? I've been on it for only a couple months and now am at 50mg. and my goal is to reduce my thyroid meds. Sent from my iPadOn Feb 3, 2012, at 10:20 AM, kbarasa@... wrote:

I'm late to this conversation, but just thought I'd mention that my dose of Naturethroid has been lowered twice last year by my doctor. I mentioned I'm taking Iodine, but I'm glad she didn't ask me more about it because I didn't want to hear the "warnings". I'm at 50mg maintenance dose now as that's where I feel the best. I'm very pleased that I'm needing less and less NT. I was at 1 grain per day and now I'm a little less than 1/2 a grain per day. I'd love to not even need it at all, but I don't know if I'll get there. It's not my priority. It's the only thing I have to have a prescription for though. Hate that. :-)

FWIW

~Karin

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I am on NatureThroid. Â When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

> to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

>

>

>  has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3

> was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

> (severe water retention/puffy eyes).

>

> When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

>

>

> away from the Internet 'experts'.

>

> HELP!

>

Karin I hear you about the prescription. That's my issue also. Congrats on the

success with iodine. You're one of the lucky ones. But those of us who haven't

succeeded in lowering our NT doses should not feel " unlucky " ... we should feel

grateful we found iodine and that we're giving our bodies what they need for

optimal health.

--

On 3 Feb 2012 at 16:20, kbarasa@... wrote:

> I'm late to this conversation, but just thought I'd mention that my

> dose of Naturethroid has been lowered twice last year by my doctor. I

> mentioned I'm taking Iodine, but I'm glad she didn't ask me more about

> it because I didn't want to hear the " warnings " . I'm at 50mg

> maintenance dose now as that's where I feel the best. I'm very

> pleased that I'm needing less and less NT. I was at 1 grain per day

> and now I'm a little less than 1/2 a grain per day. I'd love to not

> even need it at all, but I don't know if I'll get there. It's not my

> priority. It's the only thing I have to have a prescription for

> though. Hate that. :-)

>

> FWIW

> ~Karin

>

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I am on NatureThroid.   When I last saw my doctor last, he

> > told me

> > to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

> >

> >

> >  has iodine in it.  He said I will end up hyperthyroid.  My Free

> > T3 was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9).  But, I still have hypothyroid

> > symptoms (severe water retention/puffy eyes).

> >

> > When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

> >

> >

> > away from the Internet 'experts'.

> >

> > HELP!

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> Owner: Buist, ND HC

> Moderators: Baker, Kathleen Blake, Donna Iler, Linn

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> The NEW MEMBER DOCUMENT (#1 on the list)

> iodine/files/01%20NEW%20MEMBERS%2

> 0-%20READ%20FIRST/

Over the last 6 years I have varied my iodine dosage and my thyroid meds.

Thyroid dosage has varied but in the last couple of years has gone from 180 mgs

down to 30 mgs, my labs are still good. So sometimes it's not a quick fix but

it can happen. I'm now at the point where even if I skip a day of thyroid meds

it is not noticeable. I am continuing to wean off and keep the group updated as

to my progress.

Linn

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Â

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I am on NatureThroid. Â When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

> > > to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

> > >

> > >

> > >  has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3

> > > was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

> > > (severe water retention/puffy eyes).

> > >

> > > When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

> > >

> > >

> > > away from the Internet 'experts'.

> > >

> > > HELP!

> > >

> >

> >

>

I started on NT in the Spring of '09 so going on 3 years now. I had been

hypothyroid for many years prior to that and didn't know it due to the doctors

only checking TSH on me. I do not have Hashi's. The first year (2009) I

started out very low and slow on NT and kept having it increased until I was up

to about 1 1/4 grain each day. I found out about iodine pretty much at the same

time and started with 12.5mg Iodoral and stayed there for a long time because I

didn't understand the protocol very well and was in too much brain fog to figure

out what to do. Over the next couple of years I added in the elements of the

protocol, increased my iodine gradually and eventually even got up to 100mg but

didn't stay there for very long... I reduced to 50mg and pulse dose it 5 days a

week and I'm feeling really good at that point and now my NT prescription keeps

being reduced. So that's my story, hope it helps. :-)

~Karin

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Â

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I am on NatureThroid. Â When I last saw my doctor last, he told me

> > > to STOP the Iodoral I was taking (25 mg) immediately because NT

> > >

> > >

> > >  has iodine in it. He said I will end up hyperthyroid. My Free T3

> > > was HIGH (5.86 range 2.0 - 4.9). But, I still have hypothyroid symptoms

> > > (severe water retention/puffy eyes).

> > >

> > > When I told him about the people on this list, he said to stay

> > >

> > >

> > > away from the Internet 'experts'.

> > >

> > > HELP!

> > >

> >

> >

>