RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Rae,

I put a few drops of Lugol's in our dogs water daily. He is a Westie and weighs about 17 lbs.

Kathleen

using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

Guest guest

Oh good so you think that him ingesting the water can maybe clear up his ear problem??. I love Westies. My pastor has 2. They are so cuteeeeeeeeee. Hugs Rae and thanks From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...> iodine Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 9:08 AM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Hi Rae,

I put a few drops of Lugol's in our dogs water daily. He is a Westie and weighs about 17 lbs.

Kathleen

I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

Guest guest

Google making garlic oil for ear infections.

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

I will check that out. I tried olive oil and cod liver oil and besides his ears being messy and smelly after ward it works for a day or 2 then he starts crying again. The vet never finds much except the recurring irritation. Boy little guy is so cute. Thanks Rae From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> iodine Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 12:22 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Google making garlic oil for ear infections.

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

How about his diet. Are you feeding him food with grains? It may be an inflammatory reaction due to food. In children this is very common. We feed our dog a raw food diet (Nature's Variety) as well as some kibble called Orijen which is an all protein source food. Everyone (even the vet) comments on how bright his eyes are and how shiny his coat is. He is a very healthy dog!

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

Is natures variety a dry dog food and where do you get it also is orijen from the vet. The vet has always stated its his long floppy ears and the way they are causes moistness to develop and the only thing was tying back his ears and he was not amused whatsoever when I tried that. Rae From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> iodine Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:00 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

How about his diet. Are you feeding him food with grains? It may be an inflammatory reaction due to food. In children this is very common. We feed our dog a raw food diet (Nature's Variety) as well as some kibble called Orijen which is an all protein source food. Everyone (even the vet) comments on how bright his eyes are and how shiny his coat is. He is a very healthy dog!

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

Long earred dogs usually suffer from yeast in their ears. Swab out your dogs ears with vinegar everyday and either a higher grade of dog food (kibble) or raw meats including fish, raw vegis and fruits is the best for our pets.There is a book called Raw Meaty Bones by Dr. Tom Lonsdale. Maybe you can see if your library can get this book. It is an excellent book on how all animals should be fed a raw diet for better health. Store bought dog food contains so much garbage and crap in it that it causes health problems.I use to be a vet tech. I hated the way the vets I worked for would rip off patients. From: Rae Dube <tooblessttobstressed@...>"iodine " <iodine >Sent: Mon, December 19, 2011 9:03:03 PMSubject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Is natures variety a dry dog food and where do you get it also is orijen from the vet. The vet has always stated its his long floppy ears and the way they are causes moistness to develop and the only thing was tying back his ears and he was not amused whatsoever when I tried that. Rae From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> iodine Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:00 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's

Iodine for an ear infection

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

http://www.naturesvariety.com/ - is Nature's Variety. They do have a dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native diet for our dog.

http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/ - I buy this as our pet store. It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe. http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAodrjEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

yea I know all about some vets and their offices ripping off their patients. They know we love our babies and for the same solution i make for $2.00 they will charge me $49.95. What a load of kaka. I owned a dairy farm and if we did not doctor our own animals we would of been in the poor house real quick. The internet has become such a blessing for making your own homemade remedies. Like the Lugol's costing me $50.00 to make 32 oz of 5% to 7% Lugols and if i had bought it by the oz at that strength the cheapest place I found was for $13.?? which included the S/H but that multiplied by 32 oz would of cost me over $416.00. I will keep doing this since being poor doesn't give you a whole lot of money to play with after paying for bills and meds. Thanks for the info of the dog food. Now would I use full strength which I

think would hurt like the dickens or a watered down solution and how parts vinegar to water would I use. Thanks and merry Christmas. rae From: DeNormandie <blessedark2010@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:58 AM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Long earred dogs usually suffer from yeast in their ears. Swab out your dogs ears with vinegar everyday and either a higher grade of dog food (kibble) or raw meats including fish, raw vegis and fruits is the best for our pets.There is a book called Raw Meaty Bones by Dr. Tom Lonsdale. Maybe you can see if your library can get this book. It is an excellent book on how all animals should be fed a raw diet for better health. Store bought dog food contains so much garbage and crap in it that it causes health problems.I use to be a vet tech. I hated the way the vets I worked for would rip off patients. From: Rae Dube <tooblessttobstressed@...>"iodine " <iodine >Sent: Mon, December 19, 2011 9:03:03 PMSubject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

Is natures variety a dry dog food and where do you get it also is orijen from the vet. The vet has always stated its his long floppy ears and the way they are causes moistness to develop and the only thing was tying back his ears and he was not amused whatsoever when I tried that. Rae From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> iodine Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 5:00 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's

Iodine for an ear infection

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

The first dog food is sold at my local tractor store but the other one is so out of my money league i could never afford it. As it is I have to go to the soup kitchen to eat. I am hoping with the lugol's I may feel good enough to work a 2 nd job but for now I am exhausted most of the time and pray this Lugols will turn everything around for me. I may be 55 but I should not feel like I'm 85 every time I wake up. Thanks so much for starting this group. Have a Merry Christmas Rae From: ladybugsandbees

<ladybugsandbees@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:30 AM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

http://www.naturesvariety.com/ - is Nature's Variety. They do have a dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native diet for our dog.

http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/ - I buy this as our pet store. It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe. http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAodrjEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

Buist, ND HC

Guest guest

You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky question, because

of

a piece of research that is out on the net. Like much about iodine, it bears

further

analysis. I have since determined that in fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's

is safe

for the ear. I would only use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and swab

the

ear, do NOT pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into the ear.

HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if a remedy

you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR. The research that I

mentioned above actually proved that alcohol harms the ear, but iodine without

alcohol caused NO damage at all. They actually did do that control, but somehow

the word that got out was that iodine harms the ear, when in fact it was an

alcohol

+ iodine preparation that did the harming. A water-based form of iodine DID NOT

harm the ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol harms the ear and that

iodine

does not harm the ear.

--

--

On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

>

>

>

>

> http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have a

> dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and fruit

> with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native diet for

> our dog.

>

> http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store. It's

> harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at Petsmart or

> PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe.

> http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAodr

> jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

> using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

>

>

> I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the

> vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long

> floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and

> have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and

> use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus

> the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all

> the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I

> would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be

> enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their

> animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today in grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with distilled water. Boy have I had diarrhea today and that is just 1 drop. Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need to work up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after spending all this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before applying to the dogs ears. He fights me when I try to clean his ears. He is a very whiny dog and always has been. rae From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky question, because of

a piece of research that is out on the net. Like much about iodine, it bears further

analysis. I have since determined that in fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe

for the ear. I would only use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and swab the

ear, do NOT pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into the ear.

HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if a remedy

you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR. The research that I

mentioned above actually proved that alcohol harms the ear, but iodine without

alcohol caused NO damage at all. They actually did do that control, but somehow

the word that got out was that iodine harms the ear, when in fact it was an alcohol

+ iodine preparation that did the harming. A water-based form of iodine DID NOT

harm the ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol harms the ear and that iodine

does not harm the ear.

--

--

On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

>

>

>

>

> http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have a

> dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and fruit

> with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native diet for

> our dog.

>

> http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store. It's

> harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at Petsmart or

> PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe.

> http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAodr

> jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

>

> Buist, ND HC

>

>

>

> I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the

> vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long

> floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and

> have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and

> use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus

> the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all

> the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I

> would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be

> enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their

> animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

You might try some Lauricidin. It is effective against fungal, bacterial and

viral infections. My HHV6 levels went down by half after taking it for four

months and the warts on my hand disappeared.

http://www.lauricidin.com

It is recommended for pets--you just need to grind it up and mix it in their

food.

Raven

>

> I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear

infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition

happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too

because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a

veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose

of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water

for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I

would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I

checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with

Lugol's. Thanks Rae

>

Guest guest

thanks merry christmas From: FlyfreeRaven <tbrudnak@...> iodine Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:19 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

You might try some Lauricidin. It is effective against fungal, bacterial and viral infections. My HHV6 levels went down by half after taking it for four months and the warts on my hand disappeared.

http://www.lauricidin.com

It is recommended for pets--you just need to grind it up and mix it in their food.

Raven

>

> I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

>

Guest guest

I find grape juice to have a laxative effect. I put mine in a mixture of

unsweetened

cranberry and pomegranate juices. I just use a tablespoon of each, add the

Lugol's, add a little water, and down it.

--

On 20 Dec 2011 at 17:37, Rae Dube wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today in

> grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with

> distilled water. Boy have I haddiarrheatoday and that is just 1 drop.

> Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need to work

> up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after spending all

> this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before applying to the dogs

> ears. He fights me when I try to clean his ears. He is a very whiny

> dog and always has been. rae

>

> From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> iodine

> Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM

> Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

>

>

> You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky question,

> because of a piece of research that is out on the net. Like much about

> iodine, it bears further analysis. I have since determined that in

> fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe for the ear. I would only

> use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and swab the ear, do NOT

> pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into the ear.

>

> HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if a

> remedy you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR. The

> research that I mentioned above actually proved that alcohol harms the

> ear, but iodine without alcohol caused NO damage at all. They actually

> did do that control, but somehow the word that got out was that iodine

> harms the ear, when in fact it was an alcohol + iodine preparation

> that did the harming. A water-based form of iodine DID NOT harm the

> ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol harms the ear and that

> iodine does not harm the ear.

>

> --

>

> --

>

> On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have a

> > dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and

> > fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native

> > diet for our dog.

> >

> > http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store.

> > It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at

> > Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe.

> > http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAo

> > dr jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

> >

> > Buist, ND HC

> >

> > using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> >

> >

> > I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> > recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at

> > the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those

> > long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear

> > surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy

> > diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose

> > of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the

> > drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols

> > versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or

> > would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not

> > see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi where did you get your juice. Do you have a name brand for it. Hugs Rae From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:54 AM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

I find grape juice to have a laxative effect. I put mine in a mixture of unsweetened

cranberry and pomegranate juices. I just use a tablespoon of each, add the

Lugol's, add a little water, and down it.

--

On 20 Dec 2011 at 17:37, Rae Dube wrote:

>

>

>

>

> Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today in

> grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with

> distilled water. Boy have I haddiarrheatoday and that is just 1 drop.

> Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need to work

> up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after spending all

> this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before applying to the dogs

> ears. He fights me when I try to clean his ears. He is a very whiny

> dog and always has been. rae

>

> iodine

> Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM

>

>

> You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky question,

> because of a piece of research that is out on the net. Like much about

> iodine, it bears further analysis. I have since determined that in

> fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe for the ear. I would only

> use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and swab the ear, do NOT

> pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into the ear.

>

> HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if a

> remedy you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR. The

> research that I mentioned above actually proved that alcohol harms the

> ear, but iodine without alcohol caused NO damage at all. They actually

> did do that control, but somehow the word that got out was that iodine

> harms the ear, when in fact it was an alcohol + iodine preparation

> that did the harming. A water-based form of iodine DID NOT harm the

> ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol harms the ear and that

> iodine does not harm the ear.

>

> --

>

> --

>

> On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have a

> > dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and

> > fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native

> > diet for our dog.

> >

> > http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store.

> > It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at

> > Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I believe.

> > http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQAo

> > dr jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

> >

> > Buist, ND HC

> >

> >

> >

> > I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> > recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at

> > the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those

> > long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear

> > surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy

> > diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose

> > of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the

> > drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols

> > versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or

> > would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not

> > see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I've been buying the Whole Foods 365 (house generic brand) juices, under $5 for

each, pure juice, quart size. Until recently WF was the only natural food store

in

town so I know their offerings well. Their house brands are a good value.

--V

On 21 Dec 2011 at 8:16, Rae Dube wrote:

>

>

>

> Hi where did you get your juice. Do you have a name brand for it. Hugs

> Rae

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:54 AM

>

>

> I find grape juice to have a laxative effect. I put mine in a mixture

> of unsweetened cranberry and pomegranate juices. I just use a

> tablespoon of each, add the Lugol's, add a little water, and down it.

>

> --

>

> On 20 Dec 2011 at 17:37, Rae Dube wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today

> > in grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with

> > distilled water. Boy have I haddiarrheatoday and that is just 1

> > drop. Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need

> > to work up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after

> > spending all this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before

> > applying to the dogs ears. He fights me when I try to clean his

> > ears. He is a very whiny dog and always has been. rae

> >

> > From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> > iodine

> > Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM

> > Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> >

> >

> > You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky

> > question, because of a piece of research that is out on the net.

> > Like much about iodine, it bears further analysis. I have since

> > determined that in fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe for

> > the ear. I would only use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and

> > swab the ear, do NOT pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into

> > the ear.

> >

> > HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if

> > a remedy you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR.

> > The research that I mentioned above actually proved that alcohol

> > harms the ear, but iodine without alcohol caused NO damage at all.

> > They actually did do that control, but somehow the word that got out

> > was that iodine harms the ear, when in fact it was an alcohol +

> > iodine preparation that did the harming. A water-based form of

> > iodine DID NOT harm the ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol

> > harms the ear and that iodine does not harm the ear.

> >

> > --

> >

> > --

> >

> > On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have

> > > a dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and

> > > fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native

> > > diet for our dog.

> > >

> > > http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store.

> > > It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at

> > > Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I

> > > believe.

> > > http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQ

> > > Ao dr jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

> > >

> > > Buist, ND HC

> > >

> > > using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> > >

> > >

> > > I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> > > recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at

> > > the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having

> > > those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear

> > > surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy

> > > diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose

> > > of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the

> > > drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols

> > > versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or

> > > would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did

> > > not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks

> > > Rae

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would add iodine internally, and try castor oil in everyone's ears, the stuff

is pretty amazing!

Beth in MN

>

> Oh good so you think that him ingesting the water can maybe clear up his ear

problem??. I love Westies. My pastor has 2. They are so cuteeeeeeeeee. Hugs Rae

and thanks 

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 9:08 AM

>

>

>  

> Hi Rae,

>   I put a few drops of Lugol's in our dogs water daily. He is a Westie

> and weighs about 17 lbs.

> Kathleen

> >

> > 

> >I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear

infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition

happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too

because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a

veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the

dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking

water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that.

I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I

checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with

Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I wish they had a whole foods in our area. I live in NY state. We don't have a Krogers or any of the cool stores I see mentioned. All we have is GNC ( no longer sale food) tops market ( very pricey) and Wegmans. oh and walmart. Thanks Rae From: Baker <vbaker@...> iodine Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:20 PM Subject: Re:

I've been buying the Whole Foods 365 (house generic brand) juices, under $5 for

each, pure juice, quart size. Until recently WF was the only natural food store in

town so I know their offerings well. Their house brands are a good value.

--V

On 21 Dec 2011 at 8:16, Rae Dube wrote:

>

>

>

> Hi where did you get your juice. Do you have a name brand for it. Hugs

> Rae

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:54 AM

>

>

> I find grape juice to have a laxative effect. I put mine in a mixture

> of unsweetened cranberry and pomegranate juices. I just use a

> tablespoon of each, add the Lugol's, add a little water, and down it.

>

> --

>

> On 20 Dec 2011 at 17:37, Rae Dube wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today

> > in grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with

> > distilled water. Boy have I haddiarrheatoday and that is just 1

> > drop. Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need

> > to work up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after

> > spending all this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before

> > applying to the dogs ears. He fights me when I try to clean his

> > ears. He is a very whiny dog and always has been. rae

> >

> > iodine

> > Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM

> >

> >

> > You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky

> > question, because of a piece of research that is out on the net.

> > Like much about iodine, it bears further analysis. I have since

> > determined that in fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe for

> > the ear. I would only use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball, and

> > swab the ear, do NOT pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any kind into

> > the ear.

> >

> > HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and if

> > a remedy you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE EAR.

> > The research that I mentioned above actually proved that alcohol

> > harms the ear, but iodine without alcohol caused NO damage at all.

> > They actually did do that control, but somehow the word that got out

> > was that iodine harms the ear, when in fact it was an alcohol +

> > iodine preparation that did the harming. A water-based form of

> > iodine DID NOT harm the ear. Thus the research proved that alcohol

> > harms the ear and that iodine does not harm the ear.

> >

> > --

> >

> > --

> >

> > On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do have

> > > a dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat, veggies and

> > > fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's closer to a native

> > > diet for our dog.

> > >

> > > http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store.

> > > It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at

> > > Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I

> > > believe.

> > > http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYMEQ

> > > Ao dr jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

> > >

> > > Buist, ND HC

> > >

> > > using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> > >

> > >

> > > I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> > > recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at

> > > the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having

> > > those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear

> > > surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy

> > > diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose

> > > of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the

> > > drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols

> > > versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or

> > > would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did

> > > not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks

> > > Rae

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

oh I never thought about the castor oil. Do I mix it with cod liver or just by itself. Rae Thanks From: Beth MN <mbdawso@...> iodine Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:06 PM Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

I would add iodine internally, and try castor oil in everyone's ears, the stuff is pretty amazing!

Beth in MN

>

> Oh good so you think that him ingesting the water can maybe clear up his ear problem??. I love Westies. My pastor has 2. They are so cuteeeeeeeeee. Hugs Rae and thanksÂ

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@...>

> iodine

> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 9:08 AM

>

>

> Â

> Hi Rae,

> Â I put a few drops of Lugol's in our dogs water daily. He is a Westie

> and weighs about 17 lbs.

> Kathleen

> >

> >Â

> >I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

We just opened a community-owned cooperative natural food store in our

neighborhood. People had been working on it for 8 years, I worked on it for 3.

It's

great to get it open. To me that's the ideal, locally owned food distribution.

--V

On 21 Dec 2011 at 16:25, Rae Dube wrote:

>

>

>

> I wish they had a whole foods in our area. I live in NY state. We

> don't have a Krogers or any of the cool stores I see mentioned. All we

> have is GNC ( no longer sale food) tops market ( very pricey) and

> Wegmans. oh and walmart. Thanks Rae

>

>

> iodine

> Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:20 PM

>

>

> I've been buying the Whole Foods 365 (house generic brand) juices,

> under $5 for each, pure juice, quart size. Until recently WF was the

> only natural food store in town so I know their offerings well. Their

> house brands are a good value.

>

> --V

>

> On 21 Dec 2011 at 8:16, Rae Dube wrote:

>

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi where did you get your juice. Do you have a name brand for it.

> > Hugs Rae

> >

> >

> > iodine

> > Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:54 AM

> >

> >

> > I find grape juice to have a laxative effect. I put mine in a

> > mixture of unsweetened cranberry and pomegranate juices. I just use

> > a tablespoon of each, add the Lugol's, add a little water, and down

> > it.

> >

> > --

> >

> > On 20 Dec 2011 at 17:37, Rae Dube wrote:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks I just made my lugol's iodine last night . Had 1 drop today

> > > in grape juice. Mine does not have alcohol in it. I made it with

> > > distilled water. Boy have I haddiarrheatoday and that is just 1

> > > drop. Hoping it was just the SOD and not the Lugols because I need

> > > to work up to 16 drops a day. I hope this works out for me after

> > > spending all this money.So do I dilute that iodine more before

> > > applying to the dogs ears. He fights me when I try to clean his

> > > ears. He is a very whiny dog and always has been. rae

> > >

> > > From: Baker <vbaker@...>

> > > iodine

> > > Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:36 PM

> > > Subject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> > >

> > >

> > > You can use iodine in the ear. At one time this was a murky

> > > question, because of a piece of research that is out on the net.

> > > Like much about iodine, it bears further analysis. I have since

> > > determined that in fact, iodine in the form of Lugol's is safe for

> > > the ear. I would only use some on a cotton swab or cotton ball,

> > > and swab the ear, do NOT pour in or drop in liquid EVER of any

> > > kind into the ear.

> > >

> > > HOWEVER, do not use any alcohol preparation in the ear, ever, and

> > > if a remedy you want to use contains alcohol, DO NOT USE IN THE

> > > EAR. The research that I mentioned above actually proved that

> > > alcohol harms the ear, but iodine without alcohol caused NO damage

> > > at all. They actually did do that control, but somehow the word

> > > that got out was that iodine harms the ear, when in fact it was an

> > > alcohol + iodine preparation that did the harming. A water-based

> > > form of iodine DID NOT harm the ear. Thus the research proved that

> > > alcohol harms the ear and that iodine does not harm the ear.

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > > On 20 Dec 2011 at 6:30, ladybugsandbees wrote:

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > http://www.naturesvariety.com/- is Nature's Variety. They do

> > > > have a dry food but that is not RAW. Raw food is raw meat,

> > > > veggies and fruit with omega 3 fatty acids from flax. It's

> > > > closer to a native diet for our dog.

> > > >

> > > > http://www.orijen.ca/orijen/about/- I buy this as our pet store.

> > > > It's harder to find and only one store carries it. It's not at

> > > > Petsmart or PetCo. It's more expensive - $26 for 5 lb bag I

> > > > believe.

> > > > http://www.mrchewy.com/s/attr_Brand:Orijen?gclid=CJqL5pzGkK0CFYM

> > > > EQ Ao dr jEGpQ has it with free shipping at $49.

> > > >

> > > > Buist, ND HC

> > > >

> > > > using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get

> > > > recurrent ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money

> > > > at the vets and this condition happens often due to Shiloh

> > > > having those long floppy ears. I get them too because I had a

> > > > lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I use a

> > > > veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what

> > > > would be the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or

> > > > would I put it in the drinking water for all the animals and

> > > > what is the dose of Lugols versus water for that. I would like

> > > > to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose be

> > > > enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed

> > > > their animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would not mix it with anything, and just apply it where you can reach, don't

just pour it in or anything, but get as much coverage as you can.

Beth in MN

> >

> > Oh good so you think that him ingesting the water can maybe clear up his ear

problem??. I love Westies. My pastor has 2. They are so cuteeeeeeeeee. Hugs Rae

and thanks 

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: Kathleen Blake <kathleenblake@>

> > iodine

> > Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 9:08 AM

> >

> >

> >  

> > Hi Rae,

> >   I put a few drops of Lugol's in our dogs water daily. He is a Westie

> > and weighs about 17 lbs.

> > Kathleen

> > >

> > > 

> > >I hope someone can answer this question. Both my dog and I get recurrent

ear infections . It ends up costing me so much money at the vets and this

condition happens often due to Shiloh having those long floppy ears. I get them

too because I had a lot of ear surgeries and have a lot of scar tissue. Can I

use a veryyyyyyyyyy diluted dose and use it in Shilohs ears and what would be

the dose of Lugol's versus the distilled water. Or would I put it in the

drinking water for all the animals and what is the dose of Lugols versus water

for that. I would like to use it in my ears too or would having my daily dose

be enough.I checked the Q & A but did not see it. Has anyone dosed their

animals with Lugol's. Thanks Rae

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I know someone said to never put anything dropped into the ear, but I have found the regular 3% hydrogen peroxide has always helped my ears. My husband and my mother have also found this to be true. I just use a dropper. I warm the dropper under hot water, drop it in and give it a few minutes and drain it out. Sometimes I can hear it bubbling in there. Just a thought.Betty

Guest guest

My grandmother always had me use peroxide in my ears. I lay on my side and put a few drops of peroxide in one ear and let it foam up for about 5 to 10 minutes then do the other ear. Cleans them out good. From: Betty <twelveoaksroad@...>"iodine " <iodine >Sent: Thu, December 22, 2011

6:42:08 PMSubject: Re: using Lugol's Iodine for an ear infection

I know someone said to never put anything dropped into the ear, but I have found the regular 3% hydrogen peroxide has always helped my ears. My husband and my mother have also found this to be true. I just use a dropper. I warm the dropper under hot water, drop it in and give it a few minutes and drain it out. Sometimes I can hear it bubbling in there. Just a thought.Betty

Guest guest

We were talking about putting things in animals' ears. Animals cannot tell you

when the peroxide has gone too far, which it can. Caution is strongly

advised. I

stand by my advice not to drop things into animals' ears . On the other hand,

people can damage ears with cotton swabs too. BE CAREFUL and don't push too

deeply or roughly. Ear drums are easily penetrated, or, ear wax, which is

important

to protection and health of the ear, can be pushed into the ear canal and cause

hearing problems. Peroxide should not be left in the ear long enough to damage

ear wax.

Veterinary ear preparations are usually put on the external cup of the ear, then

rubbed in.

--

On 23 Dec 2011 at 2:13, DeNormandie wrote:

>

>

>

> My grandmother always had me use peroxide in my ears. I lay on my

> side and put a few drops of peroxide in one ear and let it foam up

> for about 5 to 10 minutes then do the other ear. Cleans them out

> good.

>

>