RemedySpot.com

Erfa or armour?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

I sent my daughter in to see the gp on her own today and she coped better than I expected! There is still a big problem with her ferritin levels and it has only gone up 0.7 in the last several months,from 37 to 37.7.The gp has prescribed her ferrous fumerate,322mg one a day.He said anything else is not strong enough,but she has to give these about 6 months to build up in her system.He suggested she still take her 6000mcg of vit C a day to help with constipation.

I suggested that I buy some Erfa first to see if it works better than her 90mcg of T3 and if it helps,then get our gp to prescribe it.she relayed this to him and he said thats a good idea and if it works,he will plead her case to the PCT.He said he will need to plead,as ou PCT is particularly hard headed!

The gp suggested that armour would be a better choice,but didnt say why,would anyone agree with this idea and why.

I'm sure people would say that 90mcg of T3 is too high with a low ferritin level and any natural thyroid meds wouldnt be any better,but I disagree.My daughter is much better than she was when first medicated,despite low ferritin,so it must be doing something worth while.I understand that low ferritin can stop thyroid meds working,but is that the case for everyone? As T3 has helped despite low ferritin,wouldnt armour or erfa be better still as it contains T1 and T2 as well?

If I buy one,which one should I buy,erfa or armour and what dose do I start her on?I just want the best options for my daughter and give her a better quality of life.Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes Sharon

Guest guest

From: Sharon son <sprog1967@...>Subject: Erfa or armour?thyroid treatment Date: Monday, June 21, 2010, 10:15 PM

Hi all,

I sent my daughter in to see the gp on her own today and she coped better than I expected! There is still a big problem with her ferritin levels and it has only gone up 0.7 in the last several months,from 37 to 37.7.The gp has prescribed her ferrous fumerate,322mg one a day.He said anything else is not strong enough,but she has to give these about 6 months to build up in her system.He suggested she still take her 6000mcg of vit C a day to help with constipation.

I suggested that I buy some Erfa first to see if it works better than her 90mcg of T3 and if it helps,then get our gp to prescribe it.she relayed this to him and he said thats a good idea and if it works,he will plead her case to the PCT.He said he will need to plead,as ou PCT is particularly hard headed!

The gp suggested that armour would be a better choice,but didnt say why,would anyone agree with this idea and why.

I'm sure people would say that 90mcg of T3 is too high with a low ferritin level and any natural thyroid meds wouldnt be any better,but I disagree.My daughter is much better than she was when first medicated,despite low ferritin,so it must be doing something worth while.I understand that low ferritin can stop thyroid meds working,but is that the case for everyone? As T3 has helped despite low ferritin,wouldnt armour or erfa be better still as it contains T1 and T2 as well?

If I buy one,which one should I buy,erfa or armour and what dose do I start her on?I just want the best options for my daughter and give her a better quality of life.Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Best wishes Sharon

• 1 year later...

Hi Adam,

Definitely not. I did not like it at all - it made my joints & muscles very painful like before I was balanced on thyroid. Now NatureThroid suits me perfectly! If you have not yet got any I would start with this one, but then I would say this as it suits me!

Val

From what I have read, Armour Thyroid used to be the best but now ErfaThyroid is the best thyroid medication.