RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Can bromine toxicity cause cough, sore throat symptoms?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Forgot, sorry.

There is something I got called a 'mercury flush' where I would suddenly get a red rash that appeared up my hands and for arms. Itched like mad. I kept asking the doc about it and he couldn't see it and it would have cleared up by the time I saw him. One day it happened in his office and he immediately said, "Wow, you're having a mercury flush!" with excitement. That as a clue that I needed to have some metals testing done.

And yes, when my body is periodically adjusting, I get cold like symptoms and a dry cough, sore throat. For me, that is a flag to really hit all my protocol's especially hard for a few days. I make sure I get both Iodoral and extra salt, I make sure I lob some GSE at the candida, and I make sure I eat extra cilantro, and take extra supplements to protect my brain, liver, and kidneys from metals...and I try to get extra rest.

Best of luck. Hope something here helps. We are all so different....hard to say. Tressler Healthy Transitions Life Coaching 541-791-1464 Help raise funds for Legacy Land Conservancy by searching the internet or shoping online with GoodSearch (www.goodsearch.com).

Guest guest

On our local autism list, several of the moms claim that Alka Seltzer Gold helps with an allergic/histamine reaction.AnneOn Dec 31, 2010, at 8:01 AM, gagokahno wrote: Thanks for the reply. As if it wasn't strange enough that I had the "cold" symptoms late in the game, just yesterday I got a totally new symptom, and think it is detox related also. I'm breaking out all over my body with itchy bumps, like when you get a mosquito bite, and it swells slightly and itches a lot. I just noticed one as I'm typing this, between 2 fingers, that one is more swollen. It's kinda fat, so I feel it as I'm typing. This is totally new to me, although my wife has had something similar in the past, itchy little bumps but hers didn't swell. I am sure I am having a Histamine reaction to something. I am not eating or doing anything different than I have for at least the past month or so. I did get a sore throat that lasted 2 days, followed by a real cold, with runny nose, cough, phlegm, and tiredness, but I'm now on the downhill side, almost back to normal. I did start taking DIM-plus more than a month ago to help with my Estrogen Dominance, and it has really helped in several ways, so I doubt it's causing any problems after taking it for this long. Seems to be another detox popping up and since my wife saw it as well, it would make sense. I remember how she would scratch incessantly and I would tell her it's not good to scratch it, and now here I have the same irresistible urge. I also have a "racing" heartbeat, and anxiety kind of feelings. I read that when you have a Histamine response to something, you should drink lots of water, so that's what I'm going to do. Just thought I would share this odd symptom. I guess I've learned that detox is not always over with after the first initial detox stage. I thought once you got over that hump of say 3-6 months or so, there were no more symptoms, and that is what happened, but here I am having first the "cold" symptoms and now the odd swollen bumps. I wish someone here who has experienced these would comment. I haven't seen it in any list of symptoms. I will do the same as you, play with the dosing, maybe even going higher, or quitting altogether briefly to see what happens, but my goal is to keep on pushing through as much as possible. Best of luck with your symptoms, we do need to detox for sure. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Just upped my Iodoral from 12.5 mg/day to 50 mg/day and now have awful sore throat, cough, head and chest congestion. No fever to speak of. First time I've been sick for years (since I started supplementing with Vitamin D and keeping my blood levels of it above 50). I haven't read of these sorts of symptoms from bromine toxicity, but am curious what others think. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I do know I am highly toxic in bromine. Dr. Flechas, who consulted with my doc, said my 24-hour-loading test bromine excretion (well over 50mg) was extreme, worse than 7 out of 8 people they've tested. He's the one who suggested going to 50 mg Iodoral and retesting in three months. He was very concerned about that level of bromine, especially in someone who's been on 12.5 mg Iodoral for the better part of a year. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Anne,

Right now, it's being calm, probably since I stopped all supplements. Thing is,

I don't know what caused it. Sure would like to know. I was reading some other

posts, and am beginning to realize that the detox for many isn't that quick or

easy, especially at lower doses, so I think I'm headed to a higher dose. I was

at 125mg for several weeks before with no problems, so I think I might try that

again. Thanks for the info on Alka-Seltzer. If it pops up again, I will try

it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just upped my Iodoral from 12.5 mg/day to 50 mg/day

> > and now have awful sore throat, cough, head and chest congestion.

> > No fever to speak of. First time I've been sick for years (since I

> > started supplementing with Vitamin D and keeping my blood levels of

> > it above 50). I haven't read of these sorts of symptoms from

> > bromine toxicity, but am curious what others think.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I do know I am highly toxic in bromine. Dr. Flechas,

> > who consulted with my doc, said my 24-hour-loading test bromine

> > excretion (well over 50mg) was extreme, worse than 7 out of 8

> > people they've tested. He's the one who suggested going to 50 mg

> > Iodoral and retesting in three months. He was very concerned about

> > that level of bromine, especially in someone who's been on 12.5 mg

> > Iodoral for the better part of a year.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Anne,This is interesting to hear someone else say this. A more natural allergist years ago started us on Alka Seltzer Gold for reactions, because it has lots of readily available potassium, which is alkaline, and some allergic reactions are acidosis, an overload of acidity. Alka Seltzer Gold, or even just a ½ tsp of baking soda will stop our ocular headaches before the pain starts. Our house, cars, and purses are continually stocked with it! Donna in IL On our local autism list, several of the moms claim that Alka Seltzer Gold helps with an allergic/histamine reaction. Anne On Dec 31, 2010, at 8:01 AM, gagokahno wrote: Thanks for the reply. As if it wasn't strange enough that I had the " cold " symptoms late in the game, just yesterday I got a totally new symptom, and think it is detox related also. I'm breaking out all over my body with itchy bumps, like when you get a mosquito bite, and it swells slightly and itches a lot. I just noticed one as I'm typing this, between 2 fingers, that one is more swollen. It's kinda fat, so I feel it as I'm typing. This is totally new to me, although my wife has had something similar in the past, itchy little bumps but hers didn't swell. I am sure I am having a Histamine reaction to something. I am not eating or doing anything different than I have for at least the past month or so. I did get a sore throat that lasted 2 days, followed by a real cold, with runny nose, cough, phlegm, and tiredness, but I'm now on the downhill side, almost back to normal. I did start taking DIM-plus more than a month ago to help with my Estrogen Dominance, and it has really helped in several ways, so I doubt it's causing any problems after taking it for this long. Seems to be another detox popping up and since my wife saw it as well, it would make sense. I remember how she would scratch incessantly and I would tell her it's not good to scratch it, and now here I have the same irresistible urge. I also have a " racing " heartbeat, and anxiety kind of feelings. I read that when you have a Histamine response to something, you should drink lots of water, so that's what I'm going to do. Just thought I would share this odd symptom. I guess I've learned that detox is not always over with after the first initial detox stage. I thought once you got over that hump of say 3-6 months or so, there were no more symptoms, and that is what happened, but here I am having first the " cold " symptoms and now the odd swollen bumps. I wish someone here who has experienced these would comment. I haven't seen it in any list of symptoms. I will do the same as you, play with the dosing, maybe even going higher, or quitting altogether briefly to see what happens, but my goal is to keep on pushing through as much as possible. Best of luck with your symptoms, we do need to detox for sure.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Just upped my Iodoral from 12.5 mg/day to 50 mg/day and now have awful sore throat, cough, head and chest congestion. No fever to speak of. First time I've been sick for years (since I started supplementing with Vitamin D and keeping my blood levels of it above 50). I haven't read of these sorts of symptoms from bromine toxicity, but am curious what others think. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I do know I am highly toxic in bromine. Dr. Flechas, who consulted with my doc, said my 24-hour-loading test bromine excretion (well over 50mg) was extreme, worse than 7 out of 8 people they've tested. He's the one who suggested going to 50 mg Iodoral and retesting in three months. He was very concerned about that level of bromine, especially in someone who's been on 12.5 mg Iodoral for the better part of a year.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks.> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Donna-- May I write you offlist about potassium and ocular headaches? I

got one a couple weeks ago for the first time and would like to know what

to do if it happens again. Potassium you say? It was an ocular migraine I

had. Very weird.

--

>Hi Anne,

>This is interesting to hear someone else say this. A more natural

>allergist years ago started us on Alka Seltzer Gold for reactions, because

>it has lots of readily available potassium, which is alkaline, and some

>allergic reactions are acidosis, an overload of acidity. Alka Seltzer

>Gold, or even just a ½ tsp of baking soda will stop our ocular headaches

>before the pain starts. Our house, cars, and purses are continually

>stocked with it!

>

>Donna in IL

>

>On our local autism list, several of the moms claim that Alka Seltzer Gold

>helps with an allergic/histamine reaction.

>

>Anne

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

Sure! I would love to help if I can. Donna in IL From: iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of BakerSent: Monday, January 03, 2011 1:51 PMiodine Subject: RE: Re: Can bromine toxicity cause cough, sore throat symptoms? Donna-- May I write you offlist about potassium and ocular headaches? I got one a couple weeks ago for the first time and would like to know what to do if it happens again. Potassium you say? It was an ocular migraine I had. Very weird.-->Hi Anne,>This is interesting to hear someone else say this. A more natural >allergist years ago started us on Alka Seltzer Gold for reactions, because >it has lots of readily available potassium, which is alkaline, and some >allergic reactions are acidosis, an overload of acidity. Alka Seltzer >Gold, or even just a ½ tsp of baking soda will stop our ocular headaches >before the pain starts. Our house, cars, and purses are continually >stocked with it!>>Donna in IL>>On our local autism list, several of the moms claim that Alka Seltzer Gold >helps with an allergic/histamine reaction.>>Anne~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

This makes some sense.

Many years ago, a friend was investigating health problems in her boys and

became a fan of Dr. Joneja out of Vancouver BC. She recommended a mixture

(can't remember the proportions) of sodium bicarb and potassium bicarb mixed in

water.

The stuff was vile to drink but when I had what I came to know was a 'mold

headache' (blindingly painful, and usually as a result of gardening), it was the

answer.

Funny, I don't get those headaches anymore.

Jaye

>

> Hi Anne,

> This is interesting to hear someone else say this. A more natural allergist

years ago started us on Alka Seltzer Gold for reactions, because it has lots of

readily available potassium, which is alkaline, and some allergic reactions are

acidosis, an overload of acidity. Alka Seltzer Gold, or even just a � tsp of

baking soda will stop our ocular headaches before the pain starts. Our house,

cars, and purses are continually stocked with it!

>

> Donna in IL

>

> On our local autism list, several of the moms claim that Alka Seltzer Gold

helps with an allergic/histamine reaction.

>

> Anne

Guest guest

>The stuff was vile to drink but when I had what I came to know was a 'mold

>headache' (blindingly painful, and usually as a result of gardening), it

>was the answer.

>

>Funny, I don't get those headaches anymore.

>

>Jaye

That would indicate your general health has risen to a better level :)

--V

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

LOL

I was thinking about that, actually. I recognize now that I was having some

CFS-like symptoms at the time (this was over 20 years ago). I attributed the

headaches originally to the bending over involved in gardening. But my friend

was correct, it seems, that it was some sort of histamine.

I don't FEEL healthier now...I wonder if my body just isn't reacting at all...SO

much has happened to me in the past 20+ years.

Also interesting to remember that when I got the clue about relieving the

headaches, we were living in a Pacific coast community, largely populated by

aging hippies, or hippy wannabes (Don't get me wrong. I loved it!). Health was

'in' and we were probably eating a fair bit of iodine in the local, nearly

organic produce we could get so cheaply.

But I still think I'm young enough to reclaim some ground if I get diligent now,

although a thousand miles removed from that once idyllic spot.

Jaye

>

>

> >The stuff was vile to drink but when I had what I came to know was a 'mold

> >headache' (blindingly painful, and usually as a result of gardening), it

> >was the answer.

> >

> >Funny, I don't get those headaches anymore.

> >

> >Jaye

>

> That would indicate your general health has risen to a better level :)

>

> --V

>

>

>

> ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> --A.J. Muste

>

Guest guest

Jaye-- We're never too old to make a difference if we make changes.

--V

At 05:50 PM 1/4/2011, you wrote:

>LOL

>

>I was thinking about that, actually. I recognize now that I was having

>some CFS-like symptoms at the time (this was over 20 years ago). I

>attributed the headaches originally to the bending over involved in

>gardening. But my friend was correct, it seems, that it was some sort of

>histamine.

>

>I don't FEEL healthier now...I wonder if my body just isn't reacting at

>all...SO much has happened to me in the past 20+ years.

>

>Also interesting to remember that when I got the clue about relieving the

>headaches, we were living in a Pacific coast community, largely populated

>by aging hippies, or hippy wannabes (Don't get me wrong. I loved

>it!). Health was 'in' and we were probably eating a fair bit of iodine in

>the local, nearly organic produce we could get so cheaply.

>

>But I still think I'm young enough to reclaim some ground if I get

>diligent now, although a thousand miles removed from that once idyllic spot.

>

>Jaye

>

>

> >

> >

> > >The stuff was vile to drink but when I had what I came to know was a

> 'mold

> > >headache' (blindingly painful, and usually as a result of gardening), it

> > >was the answer.

> > >

> > >Funny, I don't get those headaches anymore.

> > >

> > >Jaye

> >

> > That would indicate your general health has risen to a better level :)

> >

> > --V

> >

> >

> >

> > ~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

> > --A.J. Muste

> >

>

>

>

>