RemedySpot.com

Re: iodine and OCD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It's tied to low thyroid and adrenals. Low thyroid usually leads to adrenal fatigue. Low iodine can lead to low thyroid. So it's the chicken and egg thing.

Steph

iodine and OCD

Does anyone know if there is a connection between iodine deficiency and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?thanks,Joline

Guest guest

Steph,How much would you supplement a 5 year old for b-vits, magnesium, and selenium?On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

It's tied to low thyroid and adrenals.  Low thyroid usually leads to adrenal fatigue.  Low iodine can lead to low thyroid.  So it's the chicken and egg thing.

Steph

iodine and OCD

Does anyone know if there is a connection between iodine deficiency and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?thanks,Joline

-- Hibiscus Babywww.hibiscusbaby.comwww.venusvanguard.com

Guest guest

I gave my children:

100 mcg Selenium M-W-F

Pure Encapsulations B6 Complex (you'll have to google it) - 2x / week

B12-2000 (something like that from Biotics Research ) - every Monday

100 mgs Mg - 2x / week

6.25 mgs Iodoral Mon - Fri with Sat / Sun off (didn't ask it but I thought I would add it)

iodine and OCD

-- Hibiscus Babywww.hibiscusbaby.comwww.venusvanguard.com

Guest guest

Thanks so much.  Your kids are older now, right?  this is what you supplemented at age 5?On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

I gave my children:

100 mcg Selenium M-W-F

Pure Encapsulations B6 Complex (you'll have to google it) - 2x / week

B12-2000 (something like that from Biotics Research ) - every Monday

100 mgs Mg - 2x / week

6.25 mgs Iodoral Mon - Fri with Sat / Sun off (didn't ask it but I thought I would add it)

Steph,How much would you supplement a 5 year old for b-vits, magnesium, and selenium?

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Yes that is what I did at 4-6 yrs. They are almost 8 and 10 now. We do things differently now.

Steph

Steph,How much would you supplement a 5 year old for b-vits, magnesium, and selenium?

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbeessbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

I missed this one when it was first posted, but found it cleaning out files. There is some indication that there is a condition causing OCD called PANDAS, involving persistent, low-grade strep infection. If iodine kills off the strep, that might help with OCD?AnneOn Mar 14, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Joline Sikora wrote: Does anyone know if there is a connection between iodine deficiency and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?thanks,Joline

Guest guest

There has to be a history of strep throat. One in 1000 children with strep go to develop OCD. The OCD onset is then abrupt.

Gargle with Lugol's, few drops added to a glass of water. Now, its a kill all. It will kill the streptococus bacteria and also the friendly bacteria lactobacilli. Soon after, however, the pathogenic bacteria will find your throat a clean and easy field to repopulate without any challenge from the friendly bacteria.

The friendly bacteria that should outnumber the strepto' bacteria are the lactobacilli. The lactobacilli populate the mucous membranes including the nose, ear, throat (bifidobacteria populate the gut). Night time is the best for the pathogenic bacteria to grow in throat. So, the trick is to first kill all using Lugol's in water (don't use Lugol's neat, it will burn your mouth and throat) by way for gargling before going to bed to bed and then quickly keep a few tablets of lactobacilli on your tongue (don't swallow as far as possible). Let the friendly bacteria be the first to re-populate your throat.

Best of throat health.-----------Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@...- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education; Life Member, Nutrion Soc. India.- Member ISOM; Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com--- On Thu, 4/1/10, Anne Seals <anneseals@...> wrote:

From: Anne Seals <anneseals@...>Subject: Re: iodine and OCDiodine Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:35 AM

I missed this one when it was first posted, but found it cleaning out files. There is some indication that there is a condition causing OCD called PANDAS, involving persistent, low-grade strep infection. If iodine kills off the strep, that might help with OCD?

Anne

On Mar 14, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Joline Sikora wrote: