RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Gargle with Lugol's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/5/2008 11:17:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, yburkett@... writes:

>Baking soda works great to clear out all sorts of viral infections, whether they are in the sinus cavities, or in the throat

...do you gargle with it or drink it with some water. I'm fighting something right now and the virus seems to be winning..

BarbFAOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other Holiday needs. Search Now.

Guest guest

Is it advisable to gargle with Lugol's to control the "Strep throat" or throat infection? In that case howmany drops of Lugol's in a glass of water? Should the water be warm? Generally luke warm saline gargling is advised.

I tried the "Search Mail" but didn't get the result. Thanks.-----------------------Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@...- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com

Guest guest

>

Baking soda works great to clear out all sorts of viral infections,

whether they are in the sinus cavities, or in the throat. It is far

superior to ordinary salt. Gargling with dilute hydrogen peroxide or

iodine would probably work as well, but you would turn your tongue

yellow in the latter case. Also, you would need to make sure you

didn't swallow either of these. This is not a problem with baking

soda.

> Is it advisable to gargle with Lugol's to control the " Strep

throat " or throat infection? In that case howmany drops of Lugol's

in a glass of water? Should the water be warm? Generally luke warm

saline gargling is advised.

>     I tried the " Search Mail " but didn't get the result. Thanks.

> -----------------------

> Ratan Singh,  Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@...

> - Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health

Education.

> - Author of " Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses " ;

> - M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social

Psychology, Ph.D.;

> - Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit,

Temple Univ Med School, USA);

> - www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com

>

Guest guest

Hi Barb,

I sniffed some sodium bicarbonate up my nose after having a running

nose all day long. After about 10 minutes, ALL of the mucus was

completely gone. Sorry this post isn't exactly about iodine,

moderator. I'll stick to your rules in the future, except when I see

that someone needs help and I am able to offer it.

Hurray for iodine!

> >

> Baking soda works great to clear out all sorts of viral infections,

> whether they are in the sinus cavities, or in the throat

> > ...do you gargle with it or drink it with some water. I'm

fighting

> something right now and the virus seems to be winning..

> BarbF

Guest guest

My ND told me to have my son gargle with Echinacea (we used A. Vogel brand Echinacea (aka BioForce) ) . We put 20 dops in about 2 oz of water to gargle and swallow. His fever of 102 was down in 4 hours and he didn't have a sore throat anymore. He has been healthy since.

My ND said that Echinacea kills strep.

Is it advisable to gargle with Lugol's to control the "Strep throat" or throat infection? In that case howmany drops of Lugol's in a glass of water? Should the water be warm? Generally luke warm saline gargling is advised.

I tried the "Search Mail" but didn't get the result. Thanks.-----------------------Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsychhotmail- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com

Guest guest

I suppose Echinesea is not iodine. Or is it? We don't get Echinesia here in India. In any case I don't know what is it called in my language--in case it is locally available. But my basic question is on gargling with Lugol's. After all we drink Lugol's (two drops in a glass of water), so what is the harm in gargling? The strep throat should clear up with it?-----------------

Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@...- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com--- On Wed, 11/5/08, ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...> wrote:

From: ladybugsandbees <ladybugsandbees@...>Subject: Re: Gargle with Lugol'siodine Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 11:16 PM

My ND told me to have my son gargle with Echinacea (we used A. Vogel brand Echinacea (aka BioForce) ) . We put 20 dops in about 2 oz of water to gargle and swallow. His fever of 102 was down in 4 hours and he didn't have a sore throat anymore. He has been healthy since.

My ND said that Echinacea kills strep.

I tried the "Search Mail" but didn't get the result. Thanks.------------ --------- --Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsychhotmail (DOT) com- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart. com/trade/ meditationandhea lth, www.ejcbs.com

Guest guest

Why can't we swallow diluted solution of Lugol's drop? After all we drink the whole glass of water containing two drops of Lugol's. This way we can gargle and also swallow the Lugol's.------------------------

Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@...- Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.- Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";- M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;- Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);

- www.jaipurmart.com/trade/meditationandhealth, www.ejcbs.com--- On Wed, 11/5/08, yburkett <yburkett@...> wrote:

From: yburkett <yburkett@...>Subject: Re: Gargle with Lugol'siodine Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 9:46 PM

>Baking soda works great to clear out all sorts of viral infections, whether they are in the sinus cavities, or in the throat. It is far superior to ordinary salt. Gargling with dilute hydrogen peroxide or iodine would probably work as well, but you would turn your tongue yellow in the latter case. Also, you would need to make sure you didn't swallow either of these. This is not a problem with baking soda.> Is it advisable to gargle with Lugol's to control the "Strep throat" or throat infection? In that case howmany drops of Lugol's in a glass of water? Should the water be warm? Generally luke warm saline gargling is advised.> I tried the "Search Mail" but didn't get the result. Thanks.> ------------

--------- --> Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@. ..> - Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.> - Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";> - M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;> - Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);> - www.jaipurmart. com/trade/ meditationandhea lth, www.ejcbs.com>

Guest guest

I don't know about what he said either, I do 8 drops of lugols in only about 1/4 cup of water,juice or whatever I put it in that day. And I swallow it right down no problems, so Im sure if you wanted to gargle it it would be fine.

I think for sore throats though the warm salt water gargle has always worked well.

From: yburkett <yburkett (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Gargle with Lugol'siodinegroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 9:46 PM

>Baking soda works great to clear out all sorts of viral infections, whether they are in the sinus cavities, or in the throat. It is far superior to ordinary salt. Gargling with dilute hydrogen peroxide or iodine would probably work as well, but you would turn your tongue yellow in the latter case. Also, you would need to make sure you didn't swallow either of these. This is not a problem with baking soda.> Is it advisable to gargle with Lugol's to control the "Strep throat" or throat infection? In that case howmany drops of Lugol's in a glass of water? Should the water be warm? Generally luke warm saline gargling is advised.> I tried the "Search Mail" but didn't get the result. Thanks.> ------------

--------- --> Ratan Singh, Phone: 91 141 2652561, mail: ratanpsych@. ..> - Certificate in Food & Nutrition; Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education.> - Author of "Nutrition & Supplements in Major Mental Illnesses";> - M.A. (Psychol), Postgraduate Diploma in Medical & Social Psychology, Ph.D.;> - Certified Behavior Therapist (from late Prof. J. Wolpe's Unit, Temple Univ Med School, USA);> - www.jaipurmart. com/trade/ meditationandhea lth, www.ejcbs.com>