RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Low RT3, what does it mean?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Fragrance, I'm not sure what all that means but I do want to share that most people respond a lot better to natural T3/T4 therapy. When you get synthetic T4, your body has to be able to convert it to the active thyroid hormone which is T3 ... I suggest reading up on all of this. Here is a good place to start:http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/Marlena--- In iodine , "fragrance" <fragrance_seen@...> wrote:>> Hi, folks, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and> have been on L T4 treatment for 6 weeks, now I take 50 mcg T4 per day.> > I had the blood work now, and found RT3 is low, What does it mean?> Following is the results> > iPTH 71.80 pg/ml (14-72)> FT3 4.42 pmol/L (2.5-6.5)> FT4 17.48 pmol/L (11.5-23.2)> TSH 6.02 mIU/l (0.35-5.5)> rT3 0.12 ng/ML (0.2-0.64)> > Low RT3 with high iPTH, hyperparathyroidism?>

Guest guest

> I had the blood work now, and found RT3 is low, What does it mean?

> Fragrance

Low RT3 is good. RT3 is reverse T3. Sometimes the body does not convert T4

to T3, but instead converts to RT3. The conversion to RT3 is something of a

safety mechanism and happens when the body is too weak to be able to

withstand the effect of T3. I believe RT3 is biologically inactive.

Lynn

Guest guest

Thanks, Lynn, low RT3 is probably good for Thyroid, but I am worried that it is not good for parathyroid.

I read about the topic that low RT3 and high PTH( parathyroid hormone) could be primary hyperparathyroidism.

I referred the linklow RT3

Low RT3 is typically found when the thyroid gland is unable to keep up T4 production to meet the body�s needs. The body can compensate by increasing conversion of T4 to more T3 (less rt3) which is seen in hypothyroidism.Did you have your parathyroid hormone tested? Low levels of rT3 with high levels of serum parathyroid hormone might indicated primary hyperparathyroidism >> > I had the blood work now, and found RT3 is low, What does it mean?> > Fragrance> > Low RT3 is good. RT3 is reverse T3. Sometimes the body does not convert T4> to T3, but instead converts to RT3. The conversion to RT3 is something of a> safety mechanism and happens when the body is too weak to be able to> withstand the effect of T3. I believe RT3 is biologically inactive.> > Lynn>

Guest guest

> >

> > > I had the blood work now, and found RT3 is low, What does it

mean?

> > > Fragrance

> >

> > Low RT3 is good. RT3 is reverse T3. Sometimes the body does not

> convert T4

> > to T3, but instead converts to RT3. The conversion to RT3 is

something

> of a

> > safety mechanism and happens when the body is too weak to be able