RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Self-diagnosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have you found a standardized definition/questionnaire for "brain fog" that can be used here. So if you answer x of x questions yes you have "brain fog". I suspect there is not a standardized list of diagnostic criteria for "Brain Fog".Perhaps someone has such a questionnaire?Unless we can define it it is difficult to study it. Sort of like stress. What stress you may be much different that what stresses me. Thus the great problem in testing if "stress" is associated with any disease. Or if the treatment of "stress" reduces it.CE Grim MD On Mar 13, 2012, at 7:20 PM, wrote: Val, I googled "Brain Fog" and Lyme Disease was one of the specific causes listed. There were other items like fatigue, insomnia, insulin resistance, etc. (I think I could relate to 5 or 6 of the items they listed, here - pick your poison!) Brain fog may be the result of: Adrenal fatigue syndrome – The adrenal glands fail to produce key hormones that effectively regulate the body's stress response. As a result, adrenal fatigue syndrome can cause brain fog symptoms due to the body's inability to handle stress effectively. Insomnia / sleep deprivation – Sleep is crucial for optimal brain function. Lack of adequate sleep can affect mood, cause depression, anxiety, and clouded thinking. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) – Chronic fatigue syndrome is known for its overwhelming fatigue. CFS affects concentration, short-term memory and disrupts healthy sleep patterns. Nutritional deficiencies – Nutritional deficiencies can affect brain function, due to a lack of nutrients necessary for optimal brain function. Deficiencies of magnesium, vitamin B-12, and amino acids can cause significant brain impairment such as lack of concentration, short-term memory loss, attention deficit, and spaciness (or lack of focus). Candidiasis – Systemic yeast overgrowth can cause depression, anxiety, sudden mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches, drowsiness, and/or fatigue. Disorders such as fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosis (MS) – Fibromyalgia and MS are both nervous system disorders that affect brain function, leading to, in many cases, overwhelming fatigue, pain, depression, and anxiety. Chronic viral infections such as Epstein-Barr, Lyme disease, hepatitis, cytomegalovirus – Viral infections can reach the brain and can significantly disrupt thinking and mood. Parasitic organisms found in the brain - Parasitic infections such as tapeworm can invade the brain and cause symptoms of acute mental illness such as depression and psychosis in more than 65% of cases. Parasitic infections outside of the brain that can produce psychiatric symptoms include giardia, ascaris psychosis, trichinosis, and Lyme Disease, among many others. Heavy metal toxicity - The most common heavy metals that humans are exposed to are aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. These often accumulate in brain tissue and are difficult to excrete in many cases. Some people—especially those who suffer from chronic conditions—cannot excrete neurotoxic heavy metals efficiently and a build-up occurs, causing brain fog symptoms. Reduced blood flow to the brain due to circulatory problems – Lack of blood flow to the brain disrupts brain function. Thick blood can also slow down blood flow to the brain, causing brain dysfunction. Blood sugar issues such as hypoglycemia or diabetes – Uncontrolled blood sugar levels can cause significant symptoms such as depression, anxiety, fatigue, and clouded thinking. Overuse of artificial sweeteners and MSG – Artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame and flavor enhancers are considered excitotoxins, meaning that they are toxic to the brain, and can disrupt brain function. Allergies and food intolerances such as to gluten and lactose – Many patients who are lactose and/or gluten intolerant find that their brain function often suffers as a result of allergies to these substances. Leaky gut syndrome – When the gut becomes more permeable, larger particles escape into the bloodstream and may pass the blood brain barrier, causing a wide variety of mental symptoms such as mood disturbance, depression, anxiety, fatigue, lack of concentration and focus, and short-term memory loss. Side effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications – It's always important to double check with your pharmacist for medication side effects that can disrupt brain function. Many medications have side effects that disrupt mental health and may cause symptoms ranging from depression, anxiety and agitation, to severe conditions such as psychosis and suicidal ideation. Constipation – Brain fog may be caused by bowel toxicity due to inefficient digestive system that is not able to effectively eliminate toxins from the body. Menopause – Many women experience brain fog due to fluctuating hormone levels during perimenopause and menopause. Lowered estrogen levels may cause mood fluctuations and unclear thinking, depression, and anxiety. Sick building syndrome (fumes from new carpets, paints, insulation, chipboard, wood treatments, pesticides, carbon monoxide, poor ventilation) – Chemicals used during construction and for building fumigation may cause significant brain impairment in individuals sensitive or allergic to these chemicals. source: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/brain-fog-causes > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment. > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did. > > Val > > From: hyperaldosteronism > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill > SUSPECTED PA > > > What we have in our files on brain fog. > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable. > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field. > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss? > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric... > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and > errrrr's. > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving, > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here. > I don't think so. > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing! > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling > changes from almost being > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going. > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head > tell you it has had enough. > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much > like > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your > movements > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain > feels. > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short > term > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items > that I > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to > lose > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and > everythings > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog > is > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or > something I > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused > easily > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read > often > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not > keep > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog > is > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much > harder to > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even > find > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, > sometimes > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its > not > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily > sometimes > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things. > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most > frustrating > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this > makes the brain fog even more frustrating. > > > > . > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945> >

Guest guest

Sounds a lot like life to me.CE Grim MDOn Mar 13, 2012, at 9:15 PM, wrote: But that was a direct quote from that source I quoted, I added nothing! Full blown PA and brain fog prevented me from adding anything!Sounds like a good time is being had by all! > > >> > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment.> > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did.> > > > > > Val> > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill> > > SUSPECTED PA> > > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.> > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You> > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to> > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.> > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.> > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday> > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a> > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed> > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?> > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying> > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...> > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and> > > errrrr's.> > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at> > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my> > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be> > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we> > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving,> > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if> > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog> > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very> > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it> > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average> > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly> > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience> > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to> > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur> > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here.> > > I don't think so. > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be> > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him> > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I> > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!> > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling> > > changes from almost being> > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are> > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.> > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought> > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head> > > tell you it has had enough.> > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much> > > like> > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your> > > movements> > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain> > > feels.> > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short> > > term> > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items> > > that I> > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to> > > lose> > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and> > > everythings> > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog> > > is > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or> > > something I> > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused> > > easily> > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read> > > often> > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and> > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not> > > keep> > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog> > > is> > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there> > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into> > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much> > > harder to> > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even> > > find> > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves,> > > sometimes> > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its> > > not> > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily> > > sometimes> > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.> > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most> > > frustrating> > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to> > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this> > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > > > > > > > > > > > .> > > > > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId> > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>> > >> >>

Guest guest

Sounds a lot like life to me.CE Grim MDOn Mar 13, 2012, at 9:15 PM, wrote: But that was a direct quote from that source I quoted, I added nothing! Full blown PA and brain fog prevented me from adding anything!Sounds like a good time is being had by all! > > >> > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment.> > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did.> > > > > > Val> > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill> > > SUSPECTED PA> > > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.> > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You> > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to> > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.> > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.> > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday> > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a> > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed> > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?> > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying> > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...> > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and> > > errrrr's.> > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at> > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my> > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be> > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we> > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving,> > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if> > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog> > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very> > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it> > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average> > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly> > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience> > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to> > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur> > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here.> > > I don't think so. > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be> > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him> > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I> > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!> > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling> > > changes from almost being> > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are> > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.> > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought> > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head> > > tell you it has had enough.> > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much> > > like> > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your> > > movements> > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain> > > feels.> > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short> > > term> > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items> > > that I> > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to> > > lose> > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and> > > everythings> > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog> > > is > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or> > > something I> > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused> > > easily> > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read> > > often> > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and> > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not> > > keep> > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog> > > is> > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there> > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into> > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much> > > harder to> > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even> > > find> > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves,> > > sometimes> > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its> > > not> > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily> > > sometimes> > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.> > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most> > > frustrating> > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to> > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this> > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > > > > > > > > > > > .> > > > > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId> > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>> > >> >>

Guest guest

But we still do not have a standard definition of brain fog. So hard to study it.CE Grim MDOn Mar 13, 2012, at 9:11 PM, maggiekat7 wrote: Geez, if I were to try to pin my brain fog on something, I would have too much brain fog to figure it out. History includes Traumatic Brain Injury (coma for 9 weeks at 15...), B-12 deficiency, have to take b-12 shots, totally dysfunctional family, way too much stress, God only knows at this point about PA and adrenal issues, menopause, several concussions and a fractured skull after the tbi, spinal menningitis after the tbi, leaked spinal fluid for years, exposure to gigardia, history of resistant viral infections like Epstien Barr and CMV, and I can't even begin to give the stress history. Oh, and I forgot, a heart condition that causes me to pass out every now and then...? > > > > > > > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low > > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > > > myself. > > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this > > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > > > was > > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove. > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

But we still do not have a standard definition of brain fog. So hard to study it.CE Grim MDOn Mar 13, 2012, at 9:11 PM, maggiekat7 wrote: Geez, if I were to try to pin my brain fog on something, I would have too much brain fog to figure it out. History includes Traumatic Brain Injury (coma for 9 weeks at 15...), B-12 deficiency, have to take b-12 shots, totally dysfunctional family, way too much stress, God only knows at this point about PA and adrenal issues, menopause, several concussions and a fractured skull after the tbi, spinal menningitis after the tbi, leaked spinal fluid for years, exposure to gigardia, history of resistant viral infections like Epstien Barr and CMV, and I can't even begin to give the stress history. Oh, and I forgot, a heart condition that causes me to pass out every now and then...? > > > > > > > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low > > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > > > myself. > > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this > > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > > > was > > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove. > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Exactly my point...I think that self diagnosis of " brain fog " is either

worthless or dangerous.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme

> > treatment.

> > > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff.

> > Antibiotics did.

> > > > >

> > > > > Val

> > > > >

> > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

> > Francis Bill

> > > > > SUSPECTED PA

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> > > > >

> > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar

> > of life. You

> > > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You

> > want to

> > > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being

> > accountable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing

> > everyday

> > > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your

> > brain have a

> > > > > " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to

> > perform detailed

> > > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory

> > loss?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone

> > is enjoying

> > > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> > > > >

> > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing

> > thru iiiii's and

> > > > > errrrr's.

> > > > >

> > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a

> > cashier at

> > > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different

> > coins up in my

> > > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know

> > this should be

> > > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at

> > all, but what we

> > > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just

> > ain't jiving,

> > > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having

> > brain fog, if

> > > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that

> > have brain fog

> > > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance

> > because we are very

> > > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at

> > times and it

> > > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average

> > > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore

> > exceedingly

> > > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result.

> > The experience

> > > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar

> > is way to

> > > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin

> > resistance does occur

> > > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is

> > to blame here.

> > > > > I don't think so.

> > > > >

> > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok

> > and I will be

> > > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I

> > will ask him

> > > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look

> > about you. I

> > > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> > > > >

> > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > > > > changes from almost being

> > > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze.

> > If you are

> > > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your

> > are going.

> > > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing

> > train of thought

> > > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing

> > because your head

> > > > > tell you it has had enough.

> > > > >

> > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to

> > say. It's much

> > > > > like

> > > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows

> > your

> > > > > movements

> > > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats

> > how my brain

> > > > > feels.

> > > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things,

> > or have short

> > > > > term

> > > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small

> > amount of items

> > > > > that I

> > > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember

> > because I seem to

> > > > > lose

> > > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses

> > and

> > > > > everythings

> > > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When

> > the brain fog

> > > > > is

> > > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest

> > concept or

> > > > > something I

> > > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I

> > get confused

> > > > > easily

> > > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain

> > fog. I read

> > > > > often

> > > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the

> > same page and

> > > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my

> > brain could not

> > > > > keep

> > > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when

> > the brain fog

> > > > > is

> > > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and

> > was not there

> > > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not

> > come fully into

> > > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all

> > that much

> > > > > harder to

> > > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be,

> > I will even

> > > > > find

> > > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat

> > themselves,

> > > > > sometimes

> > > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying

> > to me, and its

> > > > > not

> > > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so

> > easily

> > > > > sometimes

> > > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.

> > > > >

> > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the

> > two most

> > > > > frustrating

> > > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and

> > being able to

> > > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-

> > tasker. So this

> > > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > .

> > > > >

> > > > >

<http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId

> > > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well, any diagnosis of "brain fog" must rely on a standardized definition of what a patient must have to be diagnosed with having "brain fog."I often use something like: In some patients beta-blockers are like the Shadow. They cloud men's minds (and women's). But I don't have a "Shadow" Checklist. So if anyone wants to work on a set of diagnostic criteria that are needed to make the Dx of BF have at it!One might want to look at the criteria used to make the Dx of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia. CE Grim MD On Mar 14, 2012, at 3:15 PM, maggiekat7 wrote: Exactly my point...I think that self diagnosis of "brain fog" is either worthless or dangerous. > > > > > > > > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme > > treatment. > > > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. > > Antibiotics did. > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of > > Francis Bill > > > > > SUSPECTED PA > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog. > > > > > > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar > > of life. You > > > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You > > want to > > > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being > > accountable. > > > > > > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field. > > > > > > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing > > everyday > > > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your > > brain have a > > > > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to > > perform detailed > > > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory > > loss? > > > > > > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone > > is enjoying > > > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric... > > > > > > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing > > thru iiiii's and > > > > > errrrr's. > > > > > > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a > > cashier at > > > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different > > coins up in my > > > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know > > this should be > > > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at > > all, but what we > > > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just > > ain't jiving, > > > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having > > brain fog, if > > > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that > > have brain fog > > > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance > > because we are very > > > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at > > times and it > > > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average > > > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore > > exceedingly > > > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. > > The experience > > > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar > > is way to > > > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin > > resistance does occur > > > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is > > to blame here. > > > > > I don't think so. > > > > > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok > > and I will be > > > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I > > will ask him > > > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look > > about you. I > > > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing! > > > > > > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling > > > > > changes from almost being > > > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. > > If you are > > > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your > > are going. > > > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing > > train of thought > > > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing > > because your head > > > > > tell you it has had enough. > > > > > > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to > > say. It's much > > > > > like > > > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows > > your > > > > > movements > > > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats > > how my brain > > > > > feels. > > > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, > > or have short > > > > > term > > > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small > > amount of items > > > > > that I > > > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember > > because I seem to > > > > > lose > > > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses > > and > > > > > everythings > > > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When > > the brain fog > > > > > is > > > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest > > concept or > > > > > something I > > > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I > > get confused > > > > > easily > > > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain > > fog. I read > > > > > often > > > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the > > same page and > > > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my > > brain could not > > > > > keep > > > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when > > the brain fog > > > > > is > > > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and > > was not there > > > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not > > come fully into > > > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all > > that much > > > > > harder to > > > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, > > I will even > > > > > find > > > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat > > themselves, > > > > > sometimes > > > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying > > to me, and its > > > > > not > > > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so > > easily > > > > > sometimes > > > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things. > > > > > > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the > > two most > > > > > frustrating > > > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and > > being able to > > > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi- > > tasker. So this > > > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId > > > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

The carotid and brain and heart sends out signals to the each other when oxygen falls. This is thru the chemoreceptor and baroreceptor systems.The highest and most difficult to lower increases in blood pressure occur when the brain is completely cut off from its blood supply. Dr. Guyton's lab showed this many years ago. The systems kicks in every known mechanism to try to increase the BP high enough to get blood to the brain. CE Grim MD On Mar 14, 2012, at 2:11 PM, wrote: Ok but I guess I wasn't clear. What if the blood being circulated is "inferior". Assume the oxygenation level is running at 82% at the right index finger and glucose (a very important item to the brain as I understand it) is bouncing all over the place due to insulin intollerance cused by PA. Now what do you think? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low > > > > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > > > > > myself. > > > > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this > > > > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > > > > > was > > > > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic > > Messages in this topic (49) > > RECENT ACTIVITY: >

Guest guest

Even though I have full time brain fog I can not put in words that my Dr can

understand what I am felling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme

> > > > treatment.

> > > > > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff.

> > > > Antibiotics did.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

> > > > Francis Bill

> > > > > > > SUSPECTED PA

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar

> > > > of life. You

> > > > > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish.

> > You

> > > > want to

> > > > > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being

> > > > accountable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time

> > performing

> > > > everyday

> > > > > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your

> > > > brain have a

> > > > > > > " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to

> > > > perform detailed

> > > > > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term

> > memory

> > > > loss?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where

> > everyone

> > > > is enjoying

> > > > > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing

> > > > thru iiiii's and

> > > > > > > errrrr's.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to

> > give a

> > > > cashier at

> > > > > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different

> > > > coins up in my

> > > > > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we

> > know

> > > > this should be

> > > > > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at

> > > > all, but what we

> > > > > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just

> > > > ain't jiving,

> > > > > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of

> > having

> > > > brain fog, if

> > > > > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that

> > > > have brain fog

> > > > > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance

> > > > because we are very

> > > > > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost

> > stupid at

> > > > times and it

> > > > > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above

> > average

> > > > > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore

> > > > exceedingly

> > > > > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result.

> > > > The experience

> > > > > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood

> > sugar

> > > > is way to

> > > > > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin

> > > > resistance does occur

> > > > > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin

> > is

> > > > to blame here.

> > > > > > > I don't think so.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok

> > > > and I will be

> > > > > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird

> > mentally. I

> > > > will ask him

> > > > > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion

> > look

> > > > about you. I

> > > > > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > > > > > > changes from almost being

> > > > > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze.

> > > > If you are

> > > > > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where

> > your

> > > > are going.

> > > > > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing

> > > > train of thought

> > > > > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing

> > > > because your head

> > > > > > > tell you it has had enough.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to

> > > > say. It's much

> > > > > > > like

> > > > > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water

> > slows

> > > > your

> > > > > > > movements

> > > > > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats

> > > > how my brain

> > > > > > > feels.

> > > > > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things,

> > > > or have short

> > > > > > > term

> > > > > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small

> > > > amount of items

> > > > > > > that I

> > > > > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember

> > > > because I seem to

> > > > > > > lose

> > > > > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's

> > glasses

> > > > and

> > > > > > > everythings

> > > > > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often.

> > When

> > > > the brain fog

> > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest

> > > > concept or

> > > > > > > something I

> > > > > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I

> > > > get confused

> > > > > > > easily

> > > > > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the

> > brain

> > > > fog. I read

> > > > > > > often

> > > > > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the

> > > > same page and

> > > > > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my

> > > > brain could not

> > > > > > > keep

> > > > > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often

> > when

> > > > the brain fog

> > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and

> > > > was not there

> > > > > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not

> > > > come fully into

> > > > > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all

> > > > that much

> > > > > > > harder to

> > > > > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to

> > be,

> > > > I will even

> > > > > > > find

> > > > > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat

> > > > themselves,

> > > > > > > sometimes

> > > > > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are

> > saying

> > > > to me, and its

> > > > > > > not

> > > > > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so

> > > > easily

> > > > > > > sometimes

> > > > > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of

> > things.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the

> > > > two most

> > > > > > > frustrating

> > > > > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner

> > and

> > > > being able to

> > > > > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent

> > multi-

> > > > tasker. So this

> > > > > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Some questions Dr Grim asked about brain fog when I first posted about it.

What is meant by brain fog? Do you mean after you smoke special

cigarettes or what?

Certainly not standard terms. So unless we know exactly what you and

those who are to answer know what your are talking about?

Also want to know what brings it on? what makes it worse? What makes

it go away? Can you " tell " when it is coming on? How? If you know it

is coming on can you stop it? How do you do that?

How long does it last? Describe how it comes on and goes away in as

much detail as possible.

What time of day? Does food affect either? Do menses affect either.

Are meds you are taking related to either? Does peeing or having a BM

bring it on or off? Does it occur before during or after sexual

activity?

Is your vision affected by either?

What does you heart rate do during either? What does your breathing

rate do during either.

Do you also get dizzy? If yes answer all the above.

Do you have vertigo? see above.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme

> > > > > treatment.

> > > > > > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff.

> > > > > Antibiotics did.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

> > > > > Francis Bill

> > > > > > > > SUSPECTED PA

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar

> > > > > of life. You

> > > > > > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish.

> > > You

> > > > > want to

> > > > > > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being

> > > > > accountable.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time

> > > performing

> > > > > everyday

> > > > > > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your

> > > > > brain have a

> > > > > > > > " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to

> > > > > perform detailed

> > > > > > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term

> > > memory

> > > > > loss?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where

> > > everyone

> > > > > is enjoying

> > > > > > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing

> > > > > thru iiiii's and

> > > > > > > > errrrr's.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to

> > > give a

> > > > > cashier at

> > > > > > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different

> > > > > coins up in my

> > > > > > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we

> > > know

> > > > > this should be

> > > > > > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at

> > > > > all, but what we

> > > > > > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just

> > > > > ain't jiving,

> > > > > > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of

> > > having

> > > > > brain fog, if

> > > > > > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that

> > > > > have brain fog

> > > > > > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance

> > > > > because we are very

> > > > > > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost

> > > stupid at

> > > > > times and it

> > > > > > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above

> > > average

> > > > > > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore

> > > > > exceedingly

> > > > > > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result.

> > > > > The experience

> > > > > > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood

> > > sugar

> > > > > is way to

> > > > > > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin

> > > > > resistance does occur

> > > > > > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin

> > > is

> > > > > to blame here.

> > > > > > > > I don't think so.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok

> > > > > and I will be

> > > > > > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird

> > > mentally. I

> > > > > will ask him

> > > > > > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion

> > > look

> > > > > about you. I

> > > > > > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > > > > > > > changes from almost being

> > > > > > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze.

> > > > > If you are

> > > > > > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where

> > > your

> > > > > are going.

> > > > > > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing

> > > > > train of thought

> > > > > > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing

> > > > > because your head

> > > > > > > > tell you it has had enough.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to

> > > > > say. It's much

> > > > > > > > like

> > > > > > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water

> > > slows

> > > > > your

> > > > > > > > movements

> > > > > > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats

> > > > > how my brain

> > > > > > > > feels.

> > > > > > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things,

> > > > > or have short

> > > > > > > > term

> > > > > > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small

> > > > > amount of items

> > > > > > > > that I

> > > > > > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember

> > > > > because I seem to

> > > > > > > > lose

> > > > > > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's

> > > glasses

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > > everythings

> > > > > > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often.

> > > When

> > > > > the brain fog

> > > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest

> > > > > concept or

> > > > > > > > something I

> > > > > > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I

> > > > > get confused

> > > > > > > > easily

> > > > > > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the

> > > brain

> > > > > fog. I read

> > > > > > > > often

> > > > > > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the

> > > > > same page and

> > > > > > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my

> > > > > brain could not

> > > > > > > > keep

> > > > > > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often

> > > when

> > > > > the brain fog

> > > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and

> > > > > was not there

> > > > > > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not

> > > > > come fully into

> > > > > > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all

> > > > > that much

> > > > > > > > harder to

> > > > > > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to

> > > be,

> > > > > I will even

> > > > > > > > find

> > > > > > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat

> > > > > themselves,

> > > > > > > > sometimes

> > > > > > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are

> > > saying

> > > > > to me, and its

> > > > > > > > not

> > > > > > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so

> > > > > easily

> > > > > > > > sometimes

> > > > > > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of

> > > things.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the

> > > > > two most

> > > > > > > > frustrating

> > > > > > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner

> > > and

> > > > > being able to

> > > > > > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent

> > > multi-

> > > > > tasker. So this

> > > > > > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Ah not a bad post either thanks for finding it. Lets use this as a template to begin to define and set up criteria for the Dx of Brain Fog in PA.Working definition of PA Brain Fog.1. It was there before Dx and proper RX. Then it went away after proper Rx. So this will apply to all who have Dx of PA and had a symptom complex they call "Brain Fog" that went away after Rx either surgery or DASH/MCB.Need to collect as many responses to this as we can. Using the outline I posted below.Can someone work on the development of this and we will all add our comments?CE Grim MDOn Mar 15, 2012, at 5:38 AM, Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA wrote: Some questions Dr Grim asked about brain fog when I first posted about it. What is meant by brain fog? Do you mean after you smoke special cigarettes or what? Certainly not standard terms. So unless we know exactly what you and those who are to answer know what your are talking about? Also want to know what brings it on? what makes it worse? What makes it go away? Can you "tell" when it is coming on? How? If you know it is coming on can you stop it? How do you do that? How long does it last? Describe how it comes on and goes away in as much detail as possible. What time of day? Does food affect either? Do menses affect either. Are meds you are taking related to either? Does peeing or having a BM bring it on or off? Does it occur before during or after sexual activity? Is your vision affected by either? What does you heart rate do during either? What does your breathing rate do during either. Do you also get dizzy? If yes answer all the above. Do you have vertigo? see above. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme > > > > > treatment. > > > > > > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. > > > > > Antibiotics did. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of > > > > > Francis Bill > > > > > > > > SUSPECTED PA > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar > > > > > of life. You > > > > > > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. > > > You > > > > > want to > > > > > > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being > > > > > accountable. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time > > > performing > > > > > everyday > > > > > > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your > > > > > brain have a > > > > > > > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to > > > > > perform detailed > > > > > > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term > > > memory > > > > > loss? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where > > > everyone > > > > > is enjoying > > > > > > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing > > > > > thru iiiii's and > > > > > > > > errrrr's. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to > > > give a > > > > > cashier at > > > > > > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different > > > > > coins up in my > > > > > > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we > > > know > > > > > this should be > > > > > > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at > > > > > all, but what we > > > > > > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just > > > > > ain't jiving, > > > > > > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of > > > having > > > > > brain fog, if > > > > > > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that > > > > > have brain fog > > > > > > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance > > > > > because we are very > > > > > > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost > > > stupid at > > > > > times and it > > > > > > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above > > > average > > > > > > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore > > > > > exceedingly > > > > > > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. > > > > > The experience > > > > > > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood > > > sugar > > > > > is way to > > > > > > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin > > > > > resistance does occur > > > > > > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin > > > is > > > > > to blame here. > > > > > > > > I don't think so. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok > > > > > and I will be > > > > > > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird > > > mentally. I > > > > > will ask him > > > > > > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion > > > look > > > > > about you. I > > > > > > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling > > > > > > > > changes from almost being > > > > > > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. > > > > > If you are > > > > > > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where > > > your > > > > > are going. > > > > > > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing > > > > > train of thought > > > > > > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing > > > > > because your head > > > > > > > > tell you it has had enough. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to > > > > > say. It's much > > > > > > > > like > > > > > > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water > > > slows > > > > > your > > > > > > > > movements > > > > > > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats > > > > > how my brain > > > > > > > > feels. > > > > > > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, > > > > > or have short > > > > > > > > term > > > > > > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small > > > > > amount of items > > > > > > > > that I > > > > > > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember > > > > > because I seem to > > > > > > > > lose > > > > > > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's > > > glasses > > > > > and > > > > > > > > everythings > > > > > > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. > > > When > > > > > the brain fog > > > > > > > > is > > > > > > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest > > > > > concept or > > > > > > > > something I > > > > > > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I > > > > > get confused > > > > > > > > easily > > > > > > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the > > > brain > > > > > fog. I read > > > > > > > > often > > > > > > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the > > > > > same page and > > > > > > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my > > > > > brain could not > > > > > > > > keep > > > > > > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often > > > when > > > > > the brain fog > > > > > > > > is > > > > > > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and > > > > > was not there > > > > > > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not > > > > > come fully into > > > > > > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all > > > > > that much > > > > > > > > harder to > > > > > > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to > > > be, > > > > > I will even > > > > > > > > find > > > > > > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat > > > > > themselves, > > > > > > > > sometimes > > > > > > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are > > > saying > > > > > to me, and its > > > > > > > > not > > > > > > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so > > > > > easily > > > > > > > > sometimes > > > > > > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of > > > things. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the > > > > > two most > > > > > > > > frustrating > > > > > > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner > > > and > > > > > being able to > > > > > > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent > > > multi- > > > > > tasker. So this > > > > > > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > . > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId > > > > > > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >