RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Self-diagnosis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There is one characteristic I can name that will definitely define you

as NOT an immuner:

You've decided you can't cure something.

Now this is a subtle distinction to make, and takes a lot of judgment.

Some things simply are not curable by a certain approach, and knowing

that you can't cure them that way does not constitute having decided

you can't cure them at all. Quite the contrary, seeing the wisdom of

changing your tactics can be a first step in curing a particular

thing. Look, there's more than one way to rape an elephant, if you're

an ant -- actually, maybe we should skip this metaphor. You know what

I'm talking about anyway, right? OK, maybe I'll just give you an

example. Recently I discovered that I am deficient in certain

minerals, and I decided that the only way to " cure " this problem was

to find ways of supplementing, and getting my body to utilize and

accept those minerals. Then I tested for how to do that, and have

been successful in the ensuing months with clearing up the symptoms

and making myself less prone to them. Well, you're never going to

" cure " your need for minerals, are you? That's just a silly idea, if

you ever had such a silly idea.

So, in order to be an immuner, I guess you have to be good at

self-diagnosis, don't you? You have to be able to determine what the

thing is that you're curing IS, in order to know what an appropriate,

as opposed to what a silly, approach to curing it would be.

And to be good at self diagnosis, you must be someone who is

passionately interested in and highly inquisitive about things that

are NOT YOU †" in this example, minerals, the human body, what minerals

do inside of the human body -- stuff like that; abstract stuff;

knowledge for its own sake. The knowledge that you inquire about must

be RELEVANT TO YOU -- God doesn't like frivolous questions, and will

tease you if you ask them. But people who read magazines like

" Science, " and for that matter " Newsweek, " are collecting stuff that

can help them make it as Immuners.

Our CD is " Becoming An Immuner:

http://www.wayimmune.org/00open/contents/1_shop.html

Guest guest

Similar story here - I googled " hypertension hypokalemia " and bang,

there it was. I had been convinced for a long time that I had some sort

of endocrine tumor based on other symptoms - mainly, tendency to only

put on weight around my midsection - but since I obsessively watched

what I ate and didn't present as obese I couldn't convince any doctor to

screen me.

Took my findings to my then-primary care doc, who dismissed it as

" really rare " and refused to screen me for it.

Changed primary care doctors and was prepared to have to fight. Within

five minutes of meeting me, my new primary care doctor asked if I'd ever

had my aldosterone levels checked, so no fighting was necessary.

-msmith1928

Successful left laparoscopic adrenalectomy 10/13/11

>

> Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma, low

potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed myself.

When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this

group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA was

incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

Guest guest

A web based medical help site for hyperaldosteronism have been active for nearly 10 years. Many patients who have found our site have a very similar story. 1. Drug resistant hypertension. 2. Long standing hypokalemia, 3. Failure of their health care team to recognize the possibility of primary aldosteronism or refusal to test for it when patients suggested this as a possibility after searching the web for clues to their severe hypertension and hypokalmeia. 5. Repeat visits to the ER for HTN, arrythmias, hypokalemia and "anxiety attacks". X% describe a state of Brain Fog characterized by not being able to function at their regular jobs or parental responsibilities. ? Can some one put together a summary of the description of Brain Fog. 4. Their health care team responding with such comments as: Conn's is so rare you could not have it, It is very difficult to make the diagnosis of Conn's, etc. 5. X of these patients have had unilateral adrenalectomy and X% have been cured (normal BP on no medications and no K problems) at least 6 months after unilateral ADX (range 3 M to 5 years?). Another X% have had their BP and K controlled with MCBs alone (X% spiro, X% eplerenone) and X% only became nomrotensive and normokalemic with the addition of a low sodium, high potassium eating plan using the DASH Diet. We might also consider an abstract with a title like:"Brain Fog": a common complaint in advanced Conn's syndrome often attributed to anxiety, depression, in your head, etc. Any one want to work on this abstract. Is this due to the multiple BP meds used to control durg resistant HTN or due to hypokalemia. Other ideas welcome.Could also do one:Conn's syndrome: difficulty in getting a diagnosis and treatement in the VA health care system. But today this is only at on VA unless we have others out there. Jeff out there did it take you a while to get Dx in Atlanta VA?On Mar 13, 2012, at 1:13 PM, msmith_1928 wrote: Similar story here - I googled "hypertension hypokalemia" and bang, there it was. I had been convinced for a long time that I had some sort of endocrine tumor based on other symptoms - mainly, tendency to only put on weight around my midsection - but since I obsessively watched what I ate and didn't present as obese I couldn't convince any doctor to screen me. Took my findings to my then-primary care doc, who dismissed it as "really rare" and refused to screen me for it. Changed primary care doctors and was prepared to have to fight. Within five minutes of meeting me, my new primary care doctor asked if I'd ever had my aldosterone levels checked, so no fighting was necessary. -msmith1928 Successful left laparoscopic adrenalectomy 10/13/11 > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed myself. When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA was incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

Guest guest

What we have in our files on brain fog.

best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You are

here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to engage but

have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.

I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday

activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a

" stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed

tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?

Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying life,

but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

Brain Fog – sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and

errrrr's.

A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at

Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my head to

make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be simple

enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we see and

what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving, that's when we

know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if you want to call

it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog I believe try to

keep their relationships at a distance because we are very vulnerable to being

found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it is especially difficult

for those who were once of above average intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma

and are therefore exceedingly embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as

a result. The experience comes very close to what you see in a person whose

blood sugar is way to high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin

resistance does occur in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin

is to blame here. I don't think so.

Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be going

through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him why does

he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I will be

sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

changes from almost being

dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are

walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.

hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought

when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head

tell you it has had enough.

I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much like

how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your movements

and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain feels.

It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short term

memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items that I

need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to lose

focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and everythings

fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog is

at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or something I

should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused easily

when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read often

and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and

sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not keep

up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog is

worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there

initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into

focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much harder to

see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even find

that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, sometimes

repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its not

for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily sometimes

that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.

Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most frustrating

symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to

grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this

makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> > >

> > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma, low

> > potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed

> > myself.

> > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this

> > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA

> > was

> > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well....that's kind of like asking the crazy person if they know their crazy

From: Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA <georgewbill@...>Subject: Re: self-diagnosishyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 6:46 PM

What we have in our files on brain fog.best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.I'm a writer, not in the medical field.Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...Brain Fog – sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and errrrr's.A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't

add the different coins up in my head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving, that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it is especially difficult for those who were once of above average intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur in patients with PA, though I am doubtful

that the insulin is to blame here. I don't think so. Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Fellingchanges from almost beingdizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you arewalking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thoughtwhen working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your headtell you it has had enough.I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much likehow when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your movementsand makes it more difficult to get

where you're going, thats how my brain feels.It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short termmemory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items that Ineed to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to losefocus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and everythingsfuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog is at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or something Ishould already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused easilywhen its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read oftenand always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page andsometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not keepup and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog isworse as

well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not thereinitially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully intofocus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much harder tosee through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even findthat I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, sometimesrepeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its notfor a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily sometimesthat it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most frustratingsymptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able tograsp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So thismakes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > >> > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low> > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > myself.> > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this> > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > was> > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.> >> >>

Guest guest

That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment. Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill SUSPECTED PAWhat we have in our files on brain fog.best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.I'm a writer, not in the medical field.Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...Brain Fog – sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and errrrr's.A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving, that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it is especially difficult for those who were once of above average intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here. I don't think so. Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Fellingchanges from almost beingdizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you arewalking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thoughtwhen working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your headtell you it has had enough.I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much likehow when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your movementsand makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain feels.It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short termmemory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items that Ineed to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to losefocus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and everythingsfuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog is at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or something Ishould already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused easilywhen its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read oftenand always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page andsometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not keepup and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog isworse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not thereinitially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully intofocus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much harder tosee through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even findthat I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, sometimesrepeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its notfor a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily sometimesthat it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most frustratingsymptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able tograsp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So thismakes the brain fog even more frustrating..

Guest guest

Or like asking your PTN if a certain med is doing anything w/o stopping it. I

thought methdone nd oxycodone wasn't doing anything until I stopped it - boy,

was I wrong! (It just doesn't eliminate flank pain caused by excess

aldosterone!) Phsyco Doc asked me if I thought Cymbalta was having any effect

and I told her I didn't know and we weren't going to find out while PA was in

full bloom!

> > > >

> > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma, low

> > > potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > myself.

> > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this

> > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA

> > > was

> > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Jeff got surgery and was apparently " cured. " He left our group a few months ago. Remember datawrhsdoc? This is what Jeff posted back in 2006: " Mon Dec 18, 2006 Dr. Grim, I think in my case the surgeon spent a great deal of extra time (4 hours in OR) to get the organ out intact as well as identify the mass.Based on the pathology findings which described specific location of the adenoma, cellular makeup, borders, and description of the rest of the gland, I am certain pathology didn't get a lump of " hamburger meat. " That said, if someone must use a surgeon that has not done many of these procedures, the patient should be very clear about their expectation that an intact gland be removed and sent to pathology. By the way, be sure to add to your MD list the follow physicians: Dr. Gordon Wotton (endocrinologist)5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 150Atlanta, GA 30342Wotton: (404) 256-0775 Garcha: (404) 847-0664Dr. Iqbal Garcha (surgeon)5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 920Atlanta, GA 30342Garcha: (404) 847-0664 Regards,Jeff " Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim Jeff out there did it take you a while to get Dx in Atlanta VA?

Guest guest

Val, I googled " Brain Fog " and Lyme Disease was one of the specific causes

listed. There were other items like fatigue, insomnia, insulin resistance, etc.

(I think I could relate to 5 or 6 of the items they listed, here - pick your

poison!)

Brain fog may be the result of:

Adrenal fatigue syndrome – The adrenal glands fail to produce key hormones that

effectively regulate the body's stress response. As a result, adrenal fatigue

syndrome can cause brain fog symptoms due to the body's inability to handle

stress effectively.

Insomnia / sleep deprivation – Sleep is crucial for optimal brain function. Lack

of adequate sleep can affect mood, cause depression, anxiety, and clouded

thinking.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) – Chronic fatigue syndrome is known for its

overwhelming fatigue. CFS affects concentration, short-term memory and disrupts

healthy sleep patterns.

Nutritional deficiencies – Nutritional deficiencies can affect brain function,

due to a lack of nutrients necessary for optimal brain function.

Deficiencies of magnesium, vitamin B-12, and amino acids can cause significant

brain impairment such as lack of concentration, short-term memory loss,

attention deficit, and spaciness (or lack of focus).

Candidiasis – Systemic yeast overgrowth can cause depression, anxiety, sudden

mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches, drowsiness, and/or fatigue.

Disorders such as fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosis (MS) – Fibromyalgia and MS

are both nervous system disorders that affect brain function, leading to, in

many cases, overwhelming fatigue, pain, depression, and anxiety.

Chronic viral infections such as Epstein-Barr, Lyme disease, hepatitis,

cytomegalovirus – Viral infections can reach the brain and can significantly

disrupt thinking and mood.

Parasitic organisms found in the brain - Parasitic infections such as tapeworm

can invade the brain and cause symptoms of acute mental illness such as

depression and psychosis in more than 65% of cases.

Parasitic infections outside of the brain that can produce psychiatric symptoms

include giardia, ascaris psychosis, trichinosis, and Lyme Disease, among many

others.

Heavy metal toxicity - The most common heavy metals that humans are exposed to

are aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. These often accumulate in

brain tissue and are difficult to excrete in many cases. Some people—especially

those who suffer from chronic conditions—cannot excrete neurotoxic heavy metals

efficiently and a build-up occurs, causing brain fog symptoms.

Reduced blood flow to the brain due to circulatory problems – Lack of blood flow

to the brain disrupts brain function. Thick blood can also slow down blood flow

to the brain, causing brain dysfunction.

Blood sugar issues such as hypoglycemia or diabetes – Uncontrolled blood sugar

levels can cause significant symptoms such as depression, anxiety, fatigue, and

clouded thinking.

Overuse of artificial sweeteners and MSG – Artificial sweeteners such as

Aspartame and flavor enhancers are considered excitotoxins, meaning that they

are toxic to the brain, and can disrupt brain function.

Allergies and food intolerances such as to gluten and lactose – Many patients

who are lactose and/or gluten intolerant find that their brain function often

suffers as a result of allergies to these substances.

Leaky gut syndrome – When the gut becomes more permeable, larger particles

escape into the bloodstream and may pass the blood brain barrier, causing a wide

variety of mental symptoms such as mood disturbance, depression, anxiety,

fatigue, lack of concentration and focus, and short-term memory loss.

Side effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications – It's always

important to double check with your pharmacist for medication side effects that

can disrupt brain function.

Many medications have side effects that disrupt mental health and may cause

symptoms ranging from depression, anxiety and agitation, to severe conditions

such as psychosis and suicidal ideation.

Constipation – Brain fog may be caused by bowel toxicity due to inefficient

digestive system that is not able to effectively eliminate toxins from the body.

Menopause – Many women experience brain fog due to fluctuating hormone levels

during perimenopause and menopause.

Lowered estrogen levels may cause mood fluctuations and unclear thinking,

depression, and anxiety.

Sick building syndrome (fumes from new carpets, paints, insulation, chipboard,

wood treatments, pesticides, carbon monoxide, poor ventilation) – Chemicals used

during construction and for building fumigation may cause significant brain

impairment in individuals sensitive or allergic to these chemicals.

source: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/brain-fog-causes

>

> That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment.

> Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did.

>

> Val

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill

> SUSPECTED PA

>

>

> What we have in our files on brain fog.

>

> best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You

> are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to

> engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.

>

> I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

>

> Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday

> activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a

> " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed

> tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?

>

> Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying

> life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

>

> Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and

> errrrr's.

>

> A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at

> Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my

> head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be

> simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we

> see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving,

> that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if

> you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog

> I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very

> vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it

> is especially difficult for those who were once of above average

> intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly

> embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience

> comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to

> high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur

> in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here.

> I don't think so.

>

> Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be

> going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him

> why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I

> will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

>

> Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> changes from almost being

> dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are

> walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.

> hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought

> when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head

> tell you it has had enough.

>

> I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much

> like

> how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your

> movements

> and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain

> feels.

> It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short

> term

> memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items

> that I

> need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to

> lose

> focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and

> everythings

> fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog

> is

> at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or

> something I

> should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused

> easily

> when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read

> often

> and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and

> sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not

> keep

> up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog

> is

> worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there

> initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into

> focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much

> harder to

> see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even

> find

> that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves,

> sometimes

> repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its

> not

> for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily

> sometimes

> that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.

>

> Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most

> frustrating

> symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to

> grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this

> makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

>

>

>

> .

>

> <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId

> =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

>

Guest guest

Interesting list, . For years, I blamed hypothyroidism, then hormones, then PA. Finally, while spiro/Inspra fixed my HTN, antibiotics gave me my brain back. Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Val, I googled " Brain Fog " and Lyme Disease was one of the specific causes listed. There were other items like fatigue, insomnia, insulin resistance, etc. (I think I could relate to 5 or 6 of the items they listed, here - pick your poison!)Brain fog may be the result of: Adrenal fatigue syndrome – The adrenal glands fail to produce key hormones that effectively regulate the body's stress response. As a result, adrenal fatigue syndrome can cause brain fog symptoms due to the body's inability to handle stress effectively.Insomnia / sleep deprivation – Sleep is crucial for optimal brain function. Lack of adequate sleep can affect mood, cause depression, anxiety, and clouded thinking.Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) – Chronic fatigue syndrome is known for its overwhelming fatigue. CFS affects concentration, short-term memory and disrupts healthy sleep patterns.Nutritional deficiencies – Nutritional deficiencies can affect brain function, due to a lack of nutrients necessary for optimal brain function.Deficiencies of magnesium, vitamin B-12, and amino acids can cause significant brain impairment such as lack of concentration, short-term memory loss, attention deficit, and spaciness (or lack of focus).Candidiasis – Systemic yeast overgrowth can cause depression, anxiety, sudden mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches, drowsiness, and/or fatigue.Disorders such as fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosis (MS) – Fibromyalgia and MS are both nervous system disorders that affect brain function, leading to, in many cases, overwhelming fatigue, pain, depression, and anxiety.Chronic viral infections such as Epstein-Barr, Lyme disease, hepatitis, cytomegalovirus – Viral infections can reach the brain and can significantly disrupt thinking and mood.Parasitic organisms found in the brain - Parasitic infections such as tapeworm can invade the brain and cause symptoms of acute mental illness such as depression and psychosis in more than 65% of cases.Parasitic infections outside of the brain that can produce psychiatric symptoms include giardia, ascaris psychosis, trichinosis, and Lyme Disease, among many others.Heavy metal toxicity - The most common heavy metals that humans are exposed to are aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. These often accumulate in brain tissue and are difficult to excrete in many cases. Some people—especially those who suffer from chronic conditions—cannot excrete neurotoxic heavy metals efficiently and a build-up occurs, causing brain fog symptoms.Reduced blood flow to the brain due to circulatory problems – Lack of blood flow to the brain disrupts brain function. Thick blood can also slow down blood flow to the brain, causing brain dysfunction.Blood sugar issues such as hypoglycemia or diabetes – Uncontrolled blood sugar levels can cause significant symptoms such as depression, anxiety, fatigue, and clouded thinking.Overuse of artificial sweeteners and MSG – Artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame and flavor enhancers are considered excitotoxins, meaning that they are toxic to the brain, and can disrupt brain function.Allergies and food intolerances such as to gluten and lactose – Many patients who are lactose and/or gluten intolerant find that their brain function often suffers as a result of allergies to these substances.Leaky gut syndrome – When the gut becomes more permeable, larger particles escape into the bloodstream and may pass the blood brain barrier, causing a wide variety of mental symptoms such as mood disturbance, depression, anxiety, fatigue, lack of concentration and focus, and short-term memory loss.Side effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications – It's always important to double check with your pharmacist for medication side effects that can disrupt brain function.Many medications have side effects that disrupt mental health and may cause symptoms ranging from depression, anxiety and agitation, to severe conditions such as psychosis and suicidal ideation.Constipation – Brain fog may be caused by bowel toxicity due to inefficient digestive system that is not able to effectively eliminate toxins from the body.Menopause – Many women experience brain fog due to fluctuating hormone levels during perimenopause and menopause.Lowered estrogen levels may cause mood fluctuations and unclear thinking, depression, and anxiety.Sick building syndrome (fumes from new carpets, paints, insulation, chipboard, wood treatments, pesticides, carbon monoxide, poor ventilation) – Chemicals used during construction and for building fumigation may cause significant brain impairment in individuals sensitive or allergic to these chemicals.source: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/brain-fog-causes

Guest guest

I think you forgot a couple...

plain ol' depression

multi tasking and overdoing it...trying to juggle too much at one time

working too much

too much stress

anxiety

post traumatic stress

being a mother

having a dysfunctional family or home

substance abuse

lonliness

sensory deprivation

pain

grief

boredom

fatigue

dysthymia

living with someone who is mentally ill

living with someone who is sick

being a caregiver

a long plane ride

being sleepy

being worn out

having a difficult child

living with an alcoholic

traumatic brain injury

repeated or maybe even one concussion

commuting in traffic

working late or long hours

too much on your plate

a car accident

news of abnormal medical tests

testing at NIH after the 3rd day

I think I could go on and on, but I will stop here because I have brain fog.

(Many of the above reasons apply to me at the moment.)

> >

> > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment.

> > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did.

> >

> > Val

> >

> > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill

> > SUSPECTED PA

> >

> >

> > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> >

> > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You

> > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to

> > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.

> >

> > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> >

> > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday

> > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a

> > " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed

> > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?

> >

> > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying

> > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> >

> > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and

> > errrrr's.

> >

> > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at

> > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my

> > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be

> > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we

> > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving,

> > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if

> > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog

> > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very

> > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it

> > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average

> > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly

> > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience

> > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to

> > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur

> > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here.

> > I don't think so.

> >

> > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be

> > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him

> > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I

> > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> >

> > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > changes from almost being

> > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are

> > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.

> > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought

> > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head

> > tell you it has had enough.

> >

> > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much

> > like

> > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your

> > movements

> > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain

> > feels.

> > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short

> > term

> > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items

> > that I

> > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to

> > lose

> > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and

> > everythings

> > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog

> > is

> > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or

> > something I

> > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused

> > easily

> > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read

> > often

> > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and

> > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not

> > keep

> > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog

> > is

> > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there

> > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into

> > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much

> > harder to

> > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even

> > find

> > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves,

> > sometimes

> > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its

> > not

> > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily

> > sometimes

> > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.

> >

> > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most

> > frustrating

> > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to

> > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this

> > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> >

> >

> >

> > .

> >

> > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId

> > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

> >

>

Guest guest

I hesitated to publish everything, assume some will think they have all, but

didn't want to leave anything out that might help others! I wondered what my

LVH and problems with oxygen might have been contributing.

>

> Interesting list, . For years, I blamed hypothyroidism, then hormones,

> then PA. Finally, while spiro/Inspra fixed my HTN, antibiotics gave me my

> brain back.

>

> Val

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

>

> Val, I googled " Brain Fog " and Lyme Disease was one of the specific causes

> listed. There were other items like fatigue, insomnia, insulin resistance,

> etc. (I think I could relate to 5 or 6 of the items they listed, here - pick

> your poison!)

>

> Brain fog may be the result of:

>

> Adrenal fatigue syndrome - The adrenal glands fail to produce key hormones

> that effectively regulate the body's stress response. As a result, adrenal

> fatigue syndrome can cause brain fog symptoms due to the body's inability to

> handle stress effectively.

>

> Insomnia / sleep deprivation - Sleep is crucial for optimal brain function.

> Lack of adequate sleep can affect mood, cause depression, anxiety, and

> clouded thinking.

>

> Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) - Chronic fatigue syndrome is known for its

> overwhelming fatigue. CFS affects concentration, short-term memory and

> disrupts healthy sleep patterns.

>

> Nutritional deficiencies - Nutritional deficiencies can affect brain

> function, due to a lack of nutrients necessary for optimal brain function.

>

> Deficiencies of magnesium, vitamin B-12, and amino acids can cause

> significant brain impairment such as lack of concentration, short-term

> memory loss, attention deficit, and spaciness (or lack of focus).

>

> Candidiasis - Systemic yeast overgrowth can cause depression, anxiety,

> sudden mood swings, lack of concentration, headaches, drowsiness, and/or

> fatigue.

>

> Disorders such as fibromyalgia or multiple sclerosis (MS) - Fibromyalgia and

> MS are both nervous system disorders that affect brain function, leading to,

> in many cases, overwhelming fatigue, pain, depression, and anxiety.

>

> Chronic viral infections such as Epstein-Barr, Lyme disease, hepatitis,

> cytomegalovirus - Viral infections can reach the brain and can significantly

> disrupt thinking and mood.

>

> Parasitic organisms found in the brain - Parasitic infections such as

> tapeworm can invade the brain and cause symptoms of acute mental illness

> such as depression and psychosis in more than 65% of cases.

>

> Parasitic infections outside of the brain that can produce psychiatric

> symptoms include giardia, ascaris psychosis, trichinosis, and Lyme Disease,

> among many others.

>

> Heavy metal toxicity - The most common heavy metals that humans are exposed

> to are aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. These often accumulate

> in brain tissue and are difficult to excrete in many cases. Some

> people-especially those who suffer from chronic conditions-cannot excrete

> neurotoxic heavy metals efficiently and a build-up occurs, causing brain fog

> symptoms.

>

> Reduced blood flow to the brain due to circulatory problems - Lack of blood

> flow to the brain disrupts brain function. Thick blood can also slow down

> blood flow to the brain, causing brain dysfunction.

>

> Blood sugar issues such as hypoglycemia or diabetes - Uncontrolled blood

> sugar levels can cause significant symptoms such as depression, anxiety,

> fatigue, and clouded thinking.

>

> Overuse of artificial sweeteners and MSG - Artificial sweeteners such as

> Aspartame and flavor enhancers are considered excitotoxins, meaning that

> they are toxic to the brain, and can disrupt brain function.

>

> Allergies and food intolerances such as to gluten and lactose - Many

> patients who are lactose and/or gluten intolerant find that their brain

> function often suffers as a result of allergies to these substances.

>

> Leaky gut syndrome - When the gut becomes more permeable, larger particles

> escape into the bloodstream and may pass the blood brain barrier, causing a

> wide variety of mental symptoms such as mood disturbance, depression,

> anxiety, fatigue, lack of concentration and focus, and short-term memory

> loss.

>

> Side effects of prescription and over-the-counter medications - It's always

> important to double check with your pharmacist for medication side effects

> that can disrupt brain function.

>

> Many medications have side effects that disrupt mental health and may cause

> symptoms ranging from depression, anxiety and agitation, to severe

> conditions such as psychosis and suicidal ideation.

>

> Constipation - Brain fog may be caused by bowel toxicity due to inefficient

> digestive system that is not able to effectively eliminate toxins from the

> body.

>

> Menopause - Many women experience brain fog due to fluctuating hormone

> levels during perimenopause and menopause.

>

> Lowered estrogen levels may cause mood fluctuations and unclear thinking,

> depression, and anxiety.

>

> Sick building syndrome (fumes from new carpets, paints, insulation,

> chipboard, wood treatments, pesticides, carbon monoxide, poor ventilation) -

> Chemicals used during construction and for building fumigation may cause

> significant brain impairment in individuals sensitive or allergic to these

> chemicals.

>

> source: http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/brain-fog-causes

>

Guest guest

Geez, if I were to try to pin my brain fog on something, I would have too much

brain fog to figure it out. History includes Traumatic Brain Injury (coma for 9

weeks at 15...), B-12 deficiency, have to take b-12 shots, totally dysfunctional

family, way too much stress, God only knows at this point about PA and adrenal

issues, menopause, several concussions and a fractured skull after the tbi,

spinal menningitis after the tbi, leaked spinal fluid for years, exposure to

gigardia, history of resistant viral infections like Epstien Barr and CMV, and I

can't even begin to give the stress history. Oh, and I forgot, a heart

condition that causes me to pass out every now and then...?

> > > > >

> > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma, low

> > > > potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > > myself.

> > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this

> > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA

> > > > was

> > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

But that was a direct quote from that source I quoted, I added nothing! Full blown PA and brain fog prevented me from adding anything!

Sounds like a good time is being had by all!

> > >> > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme treatment.> > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff. Antibiotics did.> > > > > > Val> > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis Bill> > > SUSPECTED PA> > > > > > > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.> > > > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You> > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to> > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.> > > > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.> > > > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday> > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a> > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed> > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?> > > > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying> > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...> > > > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and> > > errrrr's.> > > > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at> > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up in my> > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be> > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we> > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving,> > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if> > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog> > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very> > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it> > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average> > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly> > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience> > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to> > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur> > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to blame here.> > > I don't think so. > > > > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be> > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him> > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I> > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!> > > > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling> > > changes from almost being> > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you are> > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.> > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thought> > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your head> > > tell you it has had enough.> > > > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much> > > like> > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your> > > movements> > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how my brain> > > feels.> > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short> > > term> > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items> > > that I> > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to> > > lose> > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and> > > everythings> > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog> > > is > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or> > > something I> > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused> > > easily> > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read> > > often> > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page and> > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not> > > keep> > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog> > > is> > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not there> > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully into> > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much> > > harder to> > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even> > > find> > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves,> > > sometimes> > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its> > > not> > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily> > > sometimes> > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.> > > > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most> > > frustrating> > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able to> > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So this> > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > > > > > > > > > > > .> > > > > > <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/msgId> > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>> > >> >>

Guest guest

And did this get better with DASH AND OR MCB?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 13, 2012, at 17:01, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

From: Francis Bill SUSPECTED PA <georgewbill@...>Subject: Re: self-diagnosishyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 6:46 PM

What we have in our files on brain fog.best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of life. You are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You want to engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.I'm a writer, not in the medical field.Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing everyday activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain have a "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform detailed tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory loss?Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is enjoying life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...Brain Fog – sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru iiiii's and errrrr's.A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a cashier at Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't

add the different coins up in my head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this should be simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all, but what we see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't jiving, that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having brain fog, if you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have brain fog I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we are very vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at times and it is especially difficult for those who were once of above average intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore exceedingly embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The experience comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is way to high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance does occur in patients with PA, though I am doubtful

that the insulin is to blame here. I don't think so. Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I will be going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I will ask him why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look about you. I will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Fellingchanges from almost beingdizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If you arewalking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are going.hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train of thoughtwhen working on something. Having to stop what your doing because your headtell you it has had enough.I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say. It's much likehow when you walk through waist high water and the water slows your movementsand makes it more difficult to get

where you're going, thats how my brain feels.It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or have short termmemory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount of items that Ineed to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because I seem to losefocus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and everythingsfuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the brain fog is at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept or something Ishould already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get confused easilywhen its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain fog. I read oftenand always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same page andsometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain could not keepup and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the brain fog isworse as

well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not thereinitially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully intofocus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much harder tosee through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even findthat I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, sometimesrepeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its notfor a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily sometimesthat it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most frustratingsymptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able tograsp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So thismakes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > >> > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low> > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > myself.> > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this> > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > was> > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.> >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks . I think the most interesting part in most folks is that all this whatever it is gets better with DASH and MCBS. If they have PA. What mental problems did they hang on you? Conversion reaction? Chronic fatigue syndrome depression? Malingering? Abusing diuretic or laxatives? Muchassen (sp?) syndrome. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 13, 2012, at 17:01, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Thanks Val. Seems he checks in once in a while. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 13, 2012, at 18:55, Valarie <val@...> wrote:

Jeff got surgery and was apparently "cured." He left our group a few months ago. Remember datawrhsdoc? This is what Jeff posted back in 2006: "Mon Dec 18, 2006 Dr. Grim, I think in my case the surgeon spent a great deal of extra time (4 hours in OR) to get the organ out intact as well as identify the mass.Based on the pathology findings which described specific location of the adenoma, cellular makeup, borders, and description of the rest of the gland, I am certain pathology didn't get a lump of "hamburger

meat." That said, if someone must use a surgeon that has not done many of these procedures, the patient should be very clear about their expectation that an intact gland be removed and sent to pathology. By the way, be sure to add to your MD list the follow physicians: Dr. Gordon Wotton (endocrinologist)5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 150Atlanta, GA 30342Wotton: (404) 256-0775 Garcha: (404) 847-0664Dr. Iqbal Garcha (surgeon)5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 920Atlanta, GA 30342Garcha: (404) 847-0664 Regards,Jeff" Val From: hyperaldosteronism [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Clarence Grim Jeff out there did it take you a while to get Dx in Atlanta VA?

Guest guest

add to the list, getting a sixth iv line put in after 5 failed and getting

awakened at six am to do it...

waiting now for a glucose tolerance test to begin shortly....fun, fun, fun

> > > >

> > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme

> treatment.

> > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff.

> Antibiotics did.

> > > >

> > > > Val

> > > >

> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis

> Bill

> > > > SUSPECTED PA

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> > > >

> > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of

> life. You

> > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You

> want to

> > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.

> > > >

> > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> > > >

> > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing

> everyday

> > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain

> have a

> > > > " stoned " sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform

> detailed

> > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory

> loss?

> > > >

> > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is

> enjoying

> > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> > > >

> > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru

> iiiii's and

> > > > errrrr's.

> > > >

> > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a

> cashier at

> > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up

> in my

> > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this

> should be

> > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all,

> but what we

> > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't

> jiving,

> > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having

> brain fog, if

> > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have

> brain fog

> > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we

> are very

> > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at

> times and it

> > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average

> > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore

> exceedingly

> > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The

> experience

> > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is

> way to

> > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance

> does occur

> > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to

> blame here.

> > > > I don't think so.

> > > >

> > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I

> will be

> > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I

> will ask him

> > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look

> about you. I

> > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> > > >

> > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > > > changes from almost being

> > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If

> you are

> > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are

> going.

> > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train

> of thought

> > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because

> your head

> > > > tell you it has had enough.

> > > >

> > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say.

> It's much

> > > > like

> > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows

> your

> > > > movements

> > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how

> my brain

> > > > feels.

> > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or

> have short

> > > > term

> > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount

> of items

> > > > that I

> > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because

> I seem to

> > > > lose

> > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and

> > > > everythings

> > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the

> brain fog

> > > > is

> > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept

> or

> > > > something I

> > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get

> confused

> > > > easily

> > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain

> fog. I read

> > > > often

> > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same

> page and

> > > > sometimes just the same sentence several times because my brain

> could not

> > > > keep

> > > > up and understand what I was seeing. I feel anxious often when the

> brain fog

> > > > is

> > > > worse as well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was

> not there

> > > > initially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come

> fully into

> > > > focus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that

> much

> > > > harder to

> > > > see through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I

> will even

> > > > find

> > > > that I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat

> themselves,

> > > > sometimes

> > > > repeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to

> me, and its

> > > > not

> > > > for a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so

> easily

> > > > sometimes

> > > > that it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.

> > > >

> > > > Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two

> most

> > > > frustrating

> > > > symptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and

> being able to

> > > > grasp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent

> multi-tasker. So this

> > > > makes the brain fog even more frustrating.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > .

> > > >

> > > >

> <http://geo./serv?s=97359714/grpId=7299303/grpspId=1705132763/m\

> sgId

> > > > =41448/stime=1331682395/nc1=5191951/nc2=3848643/nc3=5191945>

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dr. Grim, while I don't disagree with your conclusion, I think it is over

simplistic. What I read is to get rid of brain fog you need to treat the

underlying condition of which there may be many. Controlling PA can resolve or

lessen many of them. Let's review some of my potential Sxs and try to determine

what may resolve them:

Adrenal fatigue: PA

Insomnia/sleep deprivation: Caused by PA, never get to REM sleep due to night

peeing, pain and anxiety

CFS: PA see above

Reduced blood flow to the brain: LVH (caused by HTN from PA)?

Blood sugar: T2DM and insulin intolerance caused by PA

Constipation: Caused by 7BP meds, 2 narcotics and 1 depression med which were

eliminated when MCB got PA under control

So we can conclude resolving PA, no matter how it is accomplished, will resolve

most if not all of my issues. I presume DASH will resolve or lessen nutritional

issues.

With those eliminated, I look at the ones that remain: Food intolerances, sick

Building, FM and MS, Lime disease, menopause, etc., and I don't see how MCB and

DASH will resolve Brain Fog.

So I agree with you but think we should make sure everybody looks at their

situation and develop realistic expectations. BTW, someday I may tell you what

eliminating the MCBs does for this condition! ;>)

> > > > >

> > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma, low

> > > > potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > > myself.

> > > > was

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Boy I hope some of this gets better when DASHING MCB or surgery. Some seems unchangeable. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 14, 2012, at 4:47, maggiekat7 <ljurkovic@...> wrote:

add to the list, getting a sixth iv line put in after 5 failed and getting awakened at six am to do it...

waiting now for a glucose tolerance test to begin shortly....fun, fun, fun

> > > >

> > > > That is a nearly perfect description of me before I got Lyme

> treatment.

> > > > Spiro/Inspra and HTN fixing did not fix the mental stuff.

> Antibiotics did.

> > > >

> > > > Val

> > > >

> > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Francis

> Bill

> > > > SUSPECTED PA

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > What we have in our files on brain fog.

> > > >

> > > > best I can say: you feel like you are flying under the radar of

> life. You

> > > > are here but not, its somewhat dream-like but nightmarish. You

> want to

> > > > engage but have a difficult time motivating or being accountable.

> > > >

> > > > I'm a writer, not in the medical field.

> > > >

> > > > Do you feel cloudy in your head? Having a hard time performing

> everyday

> > > > activities? Do you have difficulty concentrating? Does your brain

> have a

> > > > "stoned" sensation? Do you feel a bit woozy? Is it hard to perform

> detailed

> > > > tasks or remember things? Do you suffer from short term memory

> loss?

> > > >

> > > > Do you feel like you are looking into a window where everyone is

> enjoying

> > > > life, but you...oh, no, there I go getting all metaphoric...

> > > >

> > > > Brain Fog - sloooowwwed down in inacurite mintol prosessing thru

> iiiii's and

> > > > errrrr's.

> > > >

> > > > A good example of brain fog, embarrassingly, I tried to give a

> cashier at

> > > > Chick-Fil-A correct change and couldn't add the different coins up

> in my

> > > > head to make the change. I just couldn't get it. Now, we know this

> should be

> > > > simple enough and maybe tomorrow it would be no problem at all,

> but what we

> > > > see and what is processing in the brain at this moment just ain't

> jiving,

> > > > that's when we know it's brain fog. So we are aware of having

> brain fog, if

> > > > you want to call it that, while it is occurring. People that have

> brain fog

> > > > I believe try to keep their relationships at a distance because we

> are very

> > > > vulnerable to being found out that we're like almost stupid at

> times and it

> > > > is especially difficult for those who were once of above average

> > > > intelligence, to reconcile this dilemma and are therefore

> exceedingly

> > > > embarrassed and then experience anxiety attacks as a result. The

> experience

> > > > comes very close to what you see in a person whose blood sugar is

> way to

> > > > high. They hardly have a clue where they are. Insulin resistance

> does occur

> > > > in patients with PA, though I am doubtful that the insulin is to

> blame here.

> > > > I don't think so.

> > > >

> > > > Another example, my husband will ask me sometime if I am ok and I

> will be

> > > > going through a spell if you will of feeling weird mentally. I

> will ask him

> > > > why does he ask and he says you have that lost/confusion look

> about you. I

> > > > will be sitting down when he sees this! Amazing!

> > > >

> > > > Kind of like not getting enough sleep. Felling

> > > > changes from almost being

> > > > dizzy to just being spacey like things are in a fog or haze. If

> you are

> > > > walking sometime can think yor might not make it to where your are

> going.

> > > > hitting the wrong key on the key board many times. loseing train

> of thought

> > > > when working on something. Having to stop what your doing because

> your head

> > > > tell you it has had enough.

> > > >

> > > > I often feel groggy or out of it, my head feels fuzzy so to say.

> It's much

> > > > like

> > > > how when you walk through waist high water and the water slows

> your

> > > > movements

> > > > and makes it more difficult to get where you're going, thats how

> my brain

> > > > feels.

> > > > It's difficult to concentrate, I often forget little things, or

> have short

> > > > term

> > > > memory loss. I find that I can go to a store with a small amount

> of items

> > > > that I

> > > > need to buy, but if I don't have a list, I can't remember because

> I seem to

> > > > lose

> > > > focus so easily. If you've ever put on someone else's glasses and

> > > > everythings

> > > > fuzzy and out of focus, this is how my brain feels often. When the

> brain fog

> > > > is

> > > > at its worst, I struggle to understand even the simplest concept

> or

> > > > something I

> > > > should already know is difficult to grasp at that moment. I get

> confused

> > > > easily

> > > > when its bad, and I've never had that issue prior to the brain

> fog. I read

> > > > often

> > > > and always have, but lately I can find myself rereading the same

> page and

> > > > sometimes just the same sentence

Guest guest

Adrenal fatigue usually means conceptually that the adrenals are underproducing. But I think we have developed a new concept here which we can call adrenal fatigue do to hyoeraldosteronism. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 14, 2012, at 9:23, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Dr. Grim, while I don't disagree with your conclusion, I think it is over simplistic. What I read is to get rid of brain fog you need to treat the underlying condition of which there may be many. Controlling PA can resolve or lessen many of them. Let's review some of my potential Sxs and try to determine what may resolve them:

Insomnia/sleep deprivation: Caused by PA, never get to REM sleep due to night peeing, pain and anxiety

Reduced blood flow to the brain: LVH (caused by HTN from PA)?

Constipation: Caused by 7BP meds, 2 narcotics and 1 depression med which were eliminated when MCB got PA under control

So we can conclude resolving PA, no matter how it is accomplished, will resolve most if not all of my issues. I presume DASH will resolve or lessen nutritional issues.

With those eliminated, I look at the ones that remain: Food intolerances, sick Building, FM and MS, Lime disease, menopause, etc., and I don't see how MCB and DASH will resolve Brain Fog.

So I agree with you but think we should make sure everybody looks at their situation and develop realistic expectations. BTW, someday I may tell you what eliminating the MCBs does for this condition! ;>)

> > > > >

> > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low

> > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > > myself.

> > > > was

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(49)

Recent Activity:

Guest guest

I certainly felt better with DASH and BP control on spiro - almost instantly too. We all have moments of brain fog anyway and just like the illness process we have all been through, when something happens now, something that might be a natural part of a human process (let's say we just picked up a little virus in season that is giving us a mild headache and dizziness and fogginess) we can so easily start attributing it to the "past" and panicking and over blowing it. Like we have that virus and a touch of brain fog, but we start thinking and panicking that our meds aren;t working, or our kidneys area failing, or attribute it to what we've been through already.

It's easy to do that, but we also have to understand that some things will still happen naturally.

As an aside, this idea - that once something is treated we once had, and feel better, IF those feelings return they drudge up those old worries, often much stronger emotionally, is one reason I avoid, within reason, SSRI's and Benzo's in my patients.

They often come in stressed/depressed/anxious - pick your DSM disease of the day - and IF the med we give them does work they / we have now created an expectation that from now on all future uncromfortable feelings should be abated. We think a death in the family that makes us sad needs to be abated, that a sad breakup has to numbed with medication, that if we are a little shy we should get a medicine to make us less shy, and so on and on.

We're not the electronic age, but we're silently (because no one is saying it) the "emotionless age" where all of us should be 100% of the time be nothing but happy and if we're not we better see a doctor. Then again, it's not all medicines fault because as patients we are always looking for an excuse for questionable behavior too.

well, this is fairly new though (last 3 months and was not thereinitially with the brain fog). It's like having things not come fully intofocus, like there's a fog around you and you have to try all that much harder tosee through it. Concentration is hard, and it never use to be, I will even findthat I have to ask people who are speaking to me to repeat themselves, sometimesrepeat several times, before I can grasp what they are saying to me, and its notfor a lack of listening. I lose track of what I was doing so easily sometimesthat it gets frustrating, and even for the simplest of things.Personally for me, the brain fog and the exhaustion are the two most frustratingsymptoms. I've always been proud of being a quick learner and being able tograsp a concept quickly, as well as being an excellent multi-tasker. So thismakes the brain fog even more frustrating.> > >> > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled

"adrenal adenoma, low> > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > myself.> > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this> > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > was> > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.> >> >>

Guest guest

Gosh, I guess my logic fails me again! I figured extra aldosterone and possibly carrying an extra adenoma around would fatigue an adrenal, now I find out when they sit around and do nothing they get tired! (Wonder if I can convince the wife that I am fatigued from sitting on the couch and convince her to mow the lawn this summer!) > > > > > > >> > > > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low> > > > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed > > > > > > myself.> > > > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found this> > > > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA > > > > > > was> > > > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > >> > >> > > > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic> > Messages in this topic (49)> > RECENT ACTIVITY:>

Guest guest

May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Mar 14, 2012, at 9:23, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Dr. Grim, while I don't disagree with your conclusion, I think it is over simplistic. What I read is to get rid of brain fog you need to treat the underlying condition of which there may be many. Controlling PA can resolve or lessen many of them. Let's review some of my potential Sxs and try to determine what may resolve them:

Insomnia/sleep deprivation: Caused by PA, never get to REM sleep due to night peeing, pain and anxiety

Many likely have OSA AS WELL

Reduced blood flow to the brain: LVH (caused by HTN from PA)? The brain regulates blood flow very well. Indeed one can consider that the whole "purpose" of the blood pressure control systems are to keep Blood flow constant to the brain otherwise the organism dies.

Constipation: Caused by 7BP meds, 2 narcotics and 1 depression med which were eliminated when MCB got PA under control

So we can conclude resolving PA, no matter how it is accomplished, will resolve most if not all of my issues. I presume DASH will resolve or lessen nutritional issues.

With those eliminated, I look at the ones that remain: Food intolerances, sick Building, FM and MS, Lime disease, menopause, etc., and I don't see how MCB and DASH will resolve Brain Fog.

So I agree with you but think we should make sure everybody looks at their situation and develop realistic expectations. BTW, someday I may tell you what eliminating the MCBs does for this condition! ;>)

> > > > >

> > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled "adrenal adenoma, low

> > > > potassium and high blood pressure" and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > > myself.

> > > > was

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(49)

Recent Activity:

Guest guest

Ok but I guess I wasn't clear. What if the blood being circulated is

" inferior " . Assume the oxygenation level is running at 82% at the right index

finger and glucose (a very important item to the brain as I understand it) is

bouncing all over the place due to insulin intollerance cused by PA. Now what

do you think?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Here is how I was diagnosed with PA: I Googled " adrenal adenoma,

low

> > > > > > potassium and high blood pressure " and there it was. I diagnosed

> > > > > > myself.

> > > > > > When I took a printout of information about PA (not having found

this

> > > > > > group yet) to my primary doctor, she was skeptical and said that PA

> > > > > > was

> > > > > > incredibly hard to diagnose and prove.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

> > Messages in this topic (49)

> > RECENT ACTIVITY:

>