RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

After doing a ton of research I chose to do the injections. From what I have read the injections seemed to have the most consistent results from person to person. Having no thyroid has made it extremely difficult, more like impossible, to loose the 50+ pounds that I had gained in the 16 months before and during the 2 surgery process of its removal. During that time period working out at least an hour a day 5-6 days a week and eating 1200-1500 calories a day I still continued to gain. Lucky me. From: Life Coach <beyourpassion@...> Sent: Fri, April 1, 2011 4:54:24 PMSubject: Re: New Member

Hi !Nice to meet you! Best wishes on meeting your goal. Are you on drops or injections?andra S. andra Nutt, M.A.Mill Valley, CALife Coach/CounselingLife Transitions, Relationships, Spiritual Emergence, Life PathHolistic Health Consultant/HCG CoachAsk me how to lose 30-40 pounds in 40 days!Resource MistressCreating Beauty, Flow and Organization in your lifehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/46218424@N07/From: jennifer <heavenlylil1@...> Sent: Fri, April 1, 2011 1:41:00 PMSubject: New Member

Hi there, I'm new to this group and fairly new to the hcg diet/protocol. I have researched hcg for the last 2 months, ordered, and now am on day 7. I have lost 5 lbs this far. I joined the group for support in my hcg journey, but also hoping to possibly find others who have had thyroid problems, or like myself, have no thyroid. Thanks

Guest guest

Hi,

I am considering use this diet. I have hypothyroidism have have not had any luck

losing weight. I have tried almost every diet out there. I exercise about 2 hrs

a day, 4 times a week. I really hope that this is the answer to losing weight. I

have about 50 lbs to lose. Where did u purchase the hcg? I'm going to order the

sublingual hcg. Lets keep in touch n to see how we r doing. I wish u luck in

your weight loss journey.

>

> Hi there, I'm new to this group and fairly new to the hcg diet/protocol. I

have researched hcg for the last 2 months, ordered, and now am on day 7. I have

lost 5 lbs this far. I joined the group for support in my hcg journey, but also

hoping to possibly find others who have had thyroid problems, or like myself,

have no thyroid. Thanks

>

Guest guest

please give this protocol a chance, it will definitely help you but whatever you do, please don't not take your thyroid meds, i don't have thyroid issues but i have read alot of posts from people who do and some have stopped their meds, some say they lose slower but any loss is better than none, others have said they lost just fine, give it a try and good luck but i'm a nurse and if you are on prescription meds keep taking them, this protocol is awesome!!!!, try realhcg, i used those drops and lost, i did injections this last round and am in my 4th week of p4, eating, exercising, maintaining well, feel great! GO FOR IT!

From: sandra_161997 <sandra_161997@...> Sent: Mon, April 4, 2011 6:41:01 PMSubject: Re: New Member

Hi,I am considering use this diet. I have hypothyroidism have have not had any luck losing weight. I have tried almost every diet out there. I exercise about 2 hrs a day, 4 times a week. I really hope that this is the answer to losing weight. I have about 50 lbs to lose. Where did u purchase the hcg? I'm going to order the sublingual hcg. Lets keep in touch n to see how we r doing. I wish u luck in your weight loss journey.>> Hi there, I'm new to this group and fairly new to the hcg diet/protocol. I have researched hcg for the last 2 months, ordered, and now am on day 7. I have lost 5 lbs this far. I joined the group for support in my hcg journey, but also hoping to possibly find others who have had thyroid problems, or

like myself, have no thyroid. Thanks>

Guest guest

hi jennifer,

I will be starting the diet soon. So how have u felt on the diet so far? R u

still taking ur thyroid med while on this diet?

Thanks...

> >

> > Hi there, I'm new to this group and fairly new to the hcg diet/protocol. I

have researched hcg for the last 2 months, ordered, and now am on day 7. I have

lost 5 lbs this far. I joined the group for support in my hcg journey, but also

hoping to possibly find others who have had thyroid problems, or like myself,

have no thyroid. Thanks

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Marilyn

NO YOU DONT. That is no you dont have to accept your lot. Your doc wouldnt want to live as you are having to live. He wouldnt allow a member of his own family to suffer as you are suffering. No the answer is he doesnt know the answer and he isnt bothered to find out and he isnt bothered to find someone else to help you either.

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling so awful, that your life is a living death; however, Marilyn you are not alone. I dont know if that is consolation but for sure, many are experiencing what you are, or have experienced. There is a slight difference in that we are all individuals. Also we on here are not doctors and we cannot advise you what to do. what we can do is tell you our story and give you information we have picked up along the way....and then you must decide for yourself what is to be done with the information and indeed with your own health. Best of luck, we will be here alongside you all the way....I will prepare you Marilyn for it is a long journey...I think you know that, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Be strong.

Thierry Hertoghe has a long family history of working with these problems that is father, grand father, great grand father and If I'm not mistaken great great grand father before ....and even daughter? Anyhow you get my drift.

There are many places to start....however, I will tell you what I did...you may or maynot wish to follow.

Like you I have spent tens of thousands of £ trying to sort myself out. I too was told my blood test results were within range and that I didnt have a thyroid problem...for more than 30years I heard this nonsense. Like you I was given a diagnosis of ME....which I always said was rubbish. I now take quite a high dose of thyroid hormone to good effect. This is not possible IF I wasnt hypothyroid......so I know its hard but battle on...dont give up Marilyn.

DONT be fobbed off with menopause...that old chestnut. What do women around the world do when they get to menopause; other than in the States maybe, they certainly dont suffer as we do that is for sure....or rather they dont get misdiagnosed as we do. Menopause blah blah. It is, just like childbirth, a natural physiological even....it shouldnt make us disabled!!!!! and it doesnt. Its a false clind alley...dont let them drag you there.

If our hormones are to blame, then its because our thyroid/adrenal function is the problem (well mostly not always of course)

So all those years ago having been fobbed off....I discovered hair analysis...that was my first step forward.....£50 it cheap at half the price....I continue at least once a year to have this analysis done....it gives a great deal of good information about your TISSUE minerals, this is different to serum/blood levels and probably more important, since it tells us what is happening at the cellular level.

Now for me this was the first time I saw/heard confirmation that something was amiss with my thyroid. So the report said low thyroid function AND low adrenal function. AH AH....great evidence I'm not deluded. I followed the advice and went from there. The very detailed report is specific to you. It tells you what they have found, what it signifies and how to alter things for the better.

At least you will then know you are on the right track.

Then I would buy Dr Peatfield Book YOUR THYROID AND HOW TO KEEP IT HEALTHY.....my goodness how many times have I said this title? It is a fab read concise amusing in places and of course intelligently written. We really MUST clone him, he is special. What Dr P does is to give you the confidence in yourself, to diagnose yourself if necessary and educate yourself about your condition and even advice on how to win the doc round if necessry.

I eventually found my way both to Dr Myhill; who for me was the first doc to say But listen you dont have ME you have hypothyroidism....that was 30years after I had initially diagnosed myself!!!! I told her I loved her!!!! She prescribed Armour thyroid; I now take ERFA. She cant prescribe this any longer due to our friends and clever doctors at the GMC. However, she told me to stick at maximum dose of 11/2 grains of pigs thyroid....I felt it wasnt enough and increased to 21/2, but didnt want to go higher on my own.

This iw where dr P came into my life. Having read his book, I found a clinic and consulted him. He said my goodness are these really all your symptoms, then examined me and said "you really arent on enough pigs thyroid my dear. Increase until you feel well."

I havent looked back.

now thankfully Dr Myill is of the same opinion as Dr P that adrenals are important. I did a 4x day spit test and sure enough I was low in DHEA with some changes in Cortisol too.....So She encouraged me to support my adrenals...I had been anyhow because fo the hair analysis...so that was great I could start my Armour immediately.

We are all so keen to get started and to feel better we try to rush these things. Dr Myhill said increase every 4 weeks the Armour. I did but did get a few hype symptoms at first...I pulled back and increased more slowly and hey presto...I wont say I am perfectly well; but hey...its not the living death you describe any longer.

You can be well Marilyn and you can feel better than you do.

Check out hair analysis...check out spit test...you can have yeast checked by spit too same clinic and personally I didnt know at the time, I would get a 24hour Urine thyroid test carried out Genova...All the info is on the TPA website or look on the web for them; I think you get discount through TPA.

Next Do your basal temperature for 5 days and your pulse. again look on site for details of how to. Since we suspect your adrenals follow the basal test for thyroid with 3hourly temperature recordings through the day...these will indicate the state of your adrenals. again there is information on TPA site. Armed with this information we can probably start something from there.

It looks like your T4 is low for sure......it maybe that you have thyroid hormone resistance, or too much rT3 and a conversion problem..and that is why the TSH isnt higher....however we all know the TSH is a red herring it doesnt diagnose all thyroid dysfunction, so dont think that is dispells your theory about your thyroid; not at all.

Well I think that may be enough for now and I expect many otherw will add to it. Do ask questions if you need to .

sally xx

My name is Marilyn I am 55, and I believe I have been hypothyroid for more than 20 years.

Guest guest

i can't see for looking :-) sorry i just realised you said think you've had

thyroid issues for years

it is still worth doing the hertoghe questionnaire, i think - i have found it

ties in well with blood tests (for me) - Hertoghe talks about High Touch

medicine (signs/symtpoms), as well as High Tech medicine (blood tests)

have you considered going to see Dr Hertoghe or one of his colleagues (well it

would be him and one of his colleagues to be precise, i don't think he ever

consults alone nowadays)? or you could see someone else in this country like Dr

Peatfield who is very good but cannot prescribe but will tell you what to do and

where to get any meds,vitamins etc from. There's Dr Skinner too

what exactly have you had tested? DHEA? Cortisol? Pregnenolone? progesterone?

aldosterone etc? urinary thyroid? urinary cortisol? saliva cortisol?

chris

>

> Hi,

>

> My name is Marilyn I am 55, and I believe I have been hypothyroid for more

than 20 years.

Guest guest

Hi Marilyn, another voice here just to say you're not on your own - it seems there are many,many of us misdiagnosed with M.E./CFS. I too am spending 20 out of 24 hours in bed - just getting up to eat and back to bed to recover. I do know what it's like - Sally's advice sounds spot on - I started off in Feb this year with the saliva cortisol test for adrenals and the urine test for thyroids. Together with Dr P's advice this is giving me a really good idea of where I'm going - slow progress still but far better than being dismissed as we are by doctors as just having to shut up and put up.I'm sure you'll get there too. Especially with a strong and caring family you have. This forum and website are a wealth of information. Good luck and stay in touch.Best wishes, Alison>> Hi,> > My name is Marilyn I am 55, and I believe I have been hypothyroid for more than 20 years. I have been diagnosed >

Guest guest

Hi

Sally, some of us have bad eyesight and find the colour you are using here to

send out a message very difficult to read. Please can you use a colour that is

strong so we don't have to screw our eyes up trying to make out what it says.

Many thanks.

Luv

- Sheila

Hi Marilyn

NO YOU DONT.

That is no you dont have to accept your lot. Your doc wouldnt want to

live as you are having to live. He wouldnt allow a member of his own

family to suffer as you are suffering. No the answer is he doesnt know

the answer and he isnt bothered to find out and he isnt bothered to find

Guest guest

Hello Marilyn and welcome to our forum where I hope you get all

the help and support you need.

We have found that writing a letter to your GP often helps a lot

when all else has failed, but be sure to send a copy to the Head of Practice

and keep a copy for yourself.

In that letter, start by telling the GP you are no longer

prepared to put up with y our illness and not being given a proper diagnosis -

so therefore, not being given the correct treatment that will give you back

your normal health and that therefore, you are taking matters into your own

hands to get the answers you so rightly deserve.

Start off by listing all of your symptoms and signs. Check these

against those in our web site www.tpa-uk.org.uk

under 'Hypothyroidism' and then click on 'Symptoms and Signs' on the drop down

list.

Next, list any members of your family who have a thyroid or

autoimmune disease.

Next, take your temperature for 4 or 5 mornings before you get

out of bed in a morning and list these if they are 97y.8 degrees F (36.6

degrees C) or if they are less. Such low temperatures is an indication you have

a low metabolism that is being caused because of hypothyroidism.

Next, list ALL the thyroid function tests you need and ask for

these results to be made available to you, together with the reference range

for each of the tests done. Doctors cannot withhold such information from you,

and you do not have to give them a reason why you need these results either.

The thyroid tests you need are TSH, free T4, free T3 and tests to see whether

you have antibodies to your thyroid. These are TPO and TgAb. You may have

tested negative for these before, but this does not mean you don't have

antibodies, they might have been lying dormant before when you were tested.

Ask also that the following specific minerals and vitamins be

tested to see whether any of them are low in the reference range. In case the

doctor tries to tell you that there is no association between these specific

mins/vits and hypothyroidism, then be one jump ahead and print off the attached

document to show the scientific evidence to show there is a connection. Having

low levels means that thyroid hormone is unable to be properly utilised at the

cellular level, and serum thyroid function test results do not show this. The

tests you need are ferritin, vitamin B12, vitamin D3, magnesium, folate, copper

and zinc.

Ask for a referral to an endocrinologist of your choice as you

are entitled to a second opinion and your GP is just that - a 'general

practitioner' without a speciality in thyroid disease. You do not have to see

an endocrinologist in your area if you don't wish, or if the endocrinologist

there doesn't have a speciality in thyroid disease (most have diabetes as their

specialty and know little about thyroid disease). I will send you privately a

list of recommended doctors by our members. Choose one from there, or

alternatively, make an appointment to see one of our medical advisers.

Last, ask for your letter of requests to be placed into your

medical notes and keep a copy for yourself in case you need this at a later

date.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel, so ask lots of

questions and we will try to answer them. Do let us know if this letter works

for you Marilyn. I would post the letter to your GP and Head of Practice, give

them time to mull over the contents and wait for them to contact you.

Luv - Sheila

My name is Marilyn I am 55, and I believe I have been hypothyroid for more than

20 years. I have been diagnosed with M.E, FMS, depression & anxiety, have

suffered with IBS, had a hysterectomy for extremely heavy periods... On and on

it goes . I do have a neurological condition that has deteriorated considerably

over the past 5 years, this I have been told is probably caused by

menopause..!! I have spent thousands of pounds on alternative and private

doctors.. I do not have a diagnoses as my bloods are always 'normal'.. TSH is

always around 1.5 T4 can be 9.4 up to 22.. Antibody test was normal.. Over the

past 3 years I can honestly say I feel close to death at times. I have no more

strength or energy to go over it all anymore. My husband is now my carer, I

have read Stop the thyroid Madness , and a new book about hormones by Thierry

Hertoghe He practices in Belgium ... I truly believe that this is where my

problems lie, but I don't know where to start. My doctor says that sometimes we

have to accept our lot and that there are no answers.!!!! This is a living

death .. I really am desperate , can you give me any advice . I have such a

lovely family , I want to have some life with them, that's all I ask.

I hope to hear from you soon.

1 of 1 File(s)

LOW MINERALS AND VITAMINS AND THE THYROID CONNECTION.doc

Guest guest

Hi Marilyn

Ditto here, been unwell for about

43 years and lately dismissed by the GP saying I have chronic fatigue. 

Like you I had IBS, heavy periods, endometriosis, unexplained infertility, odema, hysterectomy, carpal tunnel, weight gain, always cold, fatigue, blah, blah, blah. 

When the GP said I had IBS in 1984, I started my long and very expensive journey into complementary medicine which taught me a lot but also cost me a lot, Early on I found out I was

gluten and dairy intolerant. Going gluten free, I believe, is the one thing that's saved me suffering as badly as many others I read about not

only on this forum but also on STTM (Stop The Thyroid Madness.)

I'm a recent newbie too, but here you'll find the most amazing people who just want to help :)

Jackie x

Guest guest

Hi to new member, stress can tip the balance when you have hashi`s, it make the difference of a good day or a bad one. do you take adrenal support ? if not you could get them tested to see if they can be boosted a bit. Angel.

Guest guest

New to the group. Hi everybody.

Started September 15 and have lost 16 pounds following the Simeon protocol using

his " Pounds and Inches " book that I downloaded from the Internet. I have a very

good doctor that I see every two weeks. I've been stuck for the past four days

but am not worried yet because of my overall average loss.

I love the suggestion about making soups! I did this diet before and lost 40

pounds but over a year bounced right back like a rubber ball and gained even

more, and boredom was a big part of the reason, so this time I'm determined to

mix things up with taste and variety.

Texbrit789

Guest guest

I also make a ground chicken chili.

Brown 1 lbs of lean ground chicken with a little chopped onion. Drain AND RINSE

with hot water (I use a fine spaghetti strainer..this gets out all that fat you

don't want or need!) over sink. Return to pan and add a can of Organic Fire

Roasted Tomatoes (be sure and read ingredients and make sure they don't include

bad stuff!!), some tomato paste and some water, chili powder, oregano, cilantro,

cumin, onion powder, garlic and red pepper flakes. Salt & pepper to taste. I

make mine spicy, but I'm originally from West Texas! :) This makes 5 big

helpings.

If you have Tastefully Simple Spices, I use the Garlic/Garlic and Onion/Onion in

this!

Just another way to get chicken into my HCG diet, as I really am NOT a fan of

dried out pieces of chicken breast!

>

> New to the group. Hi everybody.

>

> Started September 15 and have lost 16 pounds following the Simeon protocol

using his " Pounds and Inches " book that I downloaded from the Internet. I have a

very good doctor that I see every two weeks. I've been stuck for the past four

days but am not worried yet because of my overall average loss.

> I love the suggestion about making soups! I did this diet before and lost 40

pounds but over a year bounced right back like a rubber ball and gained even

more, and boredom was a big part of the reason, so this time I'm determined to

mix things up with taste and variety.

>

> Texbrit789

>