RemedySpot.com

Please repost far and wide and sign the Petition.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am posting this on the TPA-UK forum for Von, who is needing as many signatures as possible before their deadline date of 22nd January 2008.

Luv - Sheila

Please repost far and wide!!Please excuse blanket mail but the deadline of 22nd Jan 2008 is approachingfast so I thought I would combine Happy New year with info about the MEpetition to the Government to recognise that ME is an organic illness andneeds biomedical research (text appended). I do hope there will be a lotmore signatures by then - currently 7961 - and that 2008 may be a year ofchange!http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ME-is-real/Please just click on the link if you haven't already and then put in yourname, email and address - only the name is published.They then send an email for you to confirm, which can sometimes end up inyour junk mail folder.N.B. More than one person can sign from one email address - I thought onlyone person could sign per email address, but we tried to see if it wouldwork on my computer for one of my carers who doesn't have a computer and itdid - she put in her name and address and my email. Please forward this to as many people as possible. I am sending this bcc aspeople don't like their addresses being circulated if it is to be forwarded.Also worth sending a reminder as it is so easy for busy people to intend todo it later and forget.People who advertised it on Facebook have got a lot of signatures so worthasking if you know someone on Facebook if they would advertise it.Many thanks and Happy New Year!!! Von xPlease don't forget to search the net via http://www.everyclick.com/uk/meresearchuk/ and raise money for ME biomedical research just by clickingText of PetitionWe the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to get the Health Service and medical profession to accept the WHO classification of ME/CFS as an organic neurological disorder and not as a psychosocial syndrome.

The latest DWP Guidelines and PACE are still directing the Health Service to treat ME sufferers with GET and CBT (a tool used for mental illnesses) despite the mounting evidence from a vast amount of research proving that ME is an organic not a psychosomatic disease and that the treatments forced onto those affected do in fact cause more harm than good and can worsen the condition of patients. Money should instead be invested in research into the physiological aetiology of ME/CFS and its treatment. Patients should not be forced into becoming psychiatric cases or lose their benefits.