RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Epsom Salt baths for detoxing from bromine while supplementing with Iodoral.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In Brownstein's new edition of Iodine, he mentions Epson Salt Baths in conjunction with detoxing from bromine. I looked up Epson salts.

"Epsom salts" is the common name for magnesium sulfate heptahydrate, MgSO4·7H2O, a water-soluble bitter-tasting compound that occurs as white or colorless needle-shaped crystals. It was first prepared from the waters of mineral springs at Epsom, England. [http://www.answers.com/Epsom+salts & r=67].

Thus, Epsom salts are made of Magnesium, Sulfate, and water.

Epsom salt baths use two cups in a tub of water.

Magnesium and Sulfates can be absorbed through the skin. "Magnesium and sulfates can be ingested from foods or mineral supplements, but both substances are readily absorbed through the skin." [Epsom Salt -- FAQs ]

Since magnesium seems to be much a critical nutrient when supplementing with iodine (and other times, too), and since the Epsom salt baths are good for the detoxing of bromine, sounds to me like taking regular Epsom salt baths might be a very good idea -- just like our grandparents did!

I've put together a folder of links on Epsom Salt if you want more information: Epsom Salt

Zoe

Guest guest

This is very interesting.... I've known Epsom salt baths are great for what ails you but didn't relate it to balancing iodine/mag. I wonder if it might effect the oral supplement magnesium. I've been trying to find a relationship between magnesium and estrogen that might relate to iodine too. It's all such a fine balance. If we're iodine deficient does that mean we're also magnesium deficient? And how does that effect estrogen........ how would it effect women of child bearing age as opposed to menopausal and post menopausal women?

Since I've upped my magnesium I've notice a marked increase of energy, this to me is wonderful. But did it also increase the effectiveness of the iodine I've been taking? All the sudden my complexion has hit the skids. Awful.... . Could this be a detox symptom from bromide?

Gail

The Ga. Zoo Keeper

In Brownstein's new edition of Iodine, he mentions Epson Salt Baths in conjunction with detoxing from bromine. I looked up Epson salts.