RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Questions on Iosol -- Answers from Dr Kim Vieira at TPCS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for your reminder. I did not forget. Our DSL is down so I am on dial up and it is really slow. To briefly answer your questions let me go one by one.

You state, "Each drop has approximately 1.83 mg". How much of that is I2, and how much is in the Ammonium iodide?

Our liquid solution is based in a vegetarian grade glycerin. Each drop of Iosol is 96 % glycerine and 4% iodine and ammonium iodide solution. The 4% iodine portion is approximately 43% ammonium iodide and 57% iodine. Each Iosol drop contains approximately 1.83 mg. per drop.

You state, "The difference with many other types of iodine and iodide is that Iosol is easier to assimilate and has a lot less toxic effects. Potassium and sodium iodides are well noted in producing many toxic effects on the body." What are these "toxic effects"? Why do the potassium and sodium iodides produce these toxic effects? Why are these toxic effects not produced by iodine (I2) and ammonium iodide when used in the same amounts?

Potassium/ sodium iodine and iodide may cause the following toxic effects: Abdominal pain, stomach disturbance; nausea black, tarry stools; diarrhea; fever, heart palpitations; Confusion, disorientation; interferes with naturally occurring steroids; Irregular heartbeat; Irreversible or chronic hyperthyroid gland activity; Sore teeth and gums; Skin rash; Swollen neck or throat; Tiredness and weakness.

Iosol Iodine is water-soluble. What the body does not use it will expel, unlike a potassium or sodium iodide. Potassium/sodium iodides are tightly bound and ammonium iodide is easier for the body to break down into free iodine. The reason for these possible toxic side effects is that the body must maintain a very particular sodium/potassium electrical balance in the body. When this balance is disturbed the body does not function well. Ammonium iodide does not have anything that it is “connected†to so it is quickly turned into pure, free iodine in the body. Our Iosol is water-soluble so that what is not used is expelled.

Here is an analogy. If our natural Iosol formula of iodine and ammonium iodide crystals were to be spread across a white Formica table with added water it would make a terrible horrific brown violet stain. If water was added more and more while sponging it up, in a short period of time the white Formica would appear as it was - white. If you spread potassium/ sodium bound iodide over the same type of white Formica. The stain will be permanent, regardless of how much water was added or sponging was done. The potassium/sodium excess remains in the body and may cause some of the above mentioned toxic effects.

How does Lugol's compare with Iosol in terms of effectiveness and toxicity?

Lugol's solution is a high potency potassium iodide. As an iodide liquid we are often compared to the Lugols solution’s "brown taste of iodine." In terms of the effectiveness of potassium iodide, it has, in our experience, limitations and consequences, as stated above. For simple iodine deficiency both products achieve valid results. In terms of loading iodine saturation doses, Iosol can be used with impunity. Some doctors recommend up to 30 drops per day of Iosol

We are curious how Dr. C Thie came to create Iosol. Was it a dissatisfaction with Lugol's or for some other reason?

Dr. C Thie hosted a group of doctors in the 1940s who were interested in natural supplements and shared their success and failures in the healing profession. From this group of doctors, who met every week, a common problem emerged – the symptoms of thyroid irregularities Dr. Thie, who was one of the first vitamin manufactures, began researching the different effective “cures†of thyroid deficiencies. Interestingly enough, he discovered a farmer who was trying not to get caught up in the pesticides etc that others were using for their cattle. The two of them brain stormed on what might be a natural, organic way to supplement the cattle and avoid unnatural products to feed his cattle. From there Dr. Thie realized that the same thing was happening to the human population so began to experiment with products that would not harm the human body and yet could effect the thyroid from depletion and dysfunction. Ioaquasol was created and the results, as reported from the seeking doctors, were amazing. Thus, Iosol was birthed. That was in 1942.

You mention "Iosol is best taken in distilled water or any non chlorinated water." What happens if you take it with water that has chloride or fluoride?

When iodine is added to water, which contains chlorine, fluoride or any bromides, the iodine is destroyed. Distilled water to keep the iodine in tact.

You mention that there are "health professionals, seminar leaders and authors who have used Iosol in clinical approaches." We are familiar with Dr. Brownstein, Dr. Flechas, and Dr. Abraham and their work with Iodine, especially Lugol's and Iodoral. Do you have any references on their use of Iosol?

We met Dr. Brownstein at the Anti-Aging conference last May. He seemed very interested at the time but did not follow through. Dr. Flechas’ own lab produces Iodorol and his research is based on his own product. He has not been interested in our Iosol. Dr. Abraham and I have had several discussions and we differ. He claims that potassium iodine does not have any toxic effects. If you want to know more about their research on Iosol, you might want to ask them.

You also mention Dr. Goodheart, Dr. Walter Schmitt, Dr. , Dr. Diamond, and Dr. Howenstine. I have tried googling them to get information on their use of iodine and Iosol. I have found Dr. Howenstine and Dr. . However, my attempts to get information on Dr. Goodheart, Dr. Schmitt, and Dr. Diamond not been successful. Do you have any references for them on their use of iodine and/or Iosol?

Dr. Schmitt featured a chapter on Ioaquasol (the original name from 1940 to 1989 when I shortened it to Iosol) in his book, Compiled Notes on Clinical Nutritional Products. This book is out of print. All the doctors you mentioned order Iosol from us – and have since they first tried

it. I am unaware of any research they have done with it. Again, you might want to contact them. These doctors are lecturers, trainers of future doctors and practitioners. They are healers. Iosol has been on the market for over 60 years with no reported adverse side effects, and only effective results. Because of its unquestioned effectiveness we have not sought research to support results. Dr. Goodheart is privately published by this trade group International College of Applied Kinesiology ( ICAK ). Dr. Walter Schmitt is also an author of several books.

What are the differences in the various Iosol formulas? For example, on your site you mention "Formula II Iosol", "Iosol Iodine", "Liquid Iosol", and "PTSKIN Iosol". How do these formulas differ?

The difference of Iosol formulas are the following. Iosol is a 4% solution used as an internal dietary supplement. The directions on the label suggest the minimum daily requirement (which, as you know with any minimum daily requirement) is very low or use as directed by your health professional. All the health professionals who are aware of Iosol recommend as little as one drop to fifteen drops a day depending upon condition. The Liquid Iosol is a 50% solution for pharmacies and physical therapy. The solution is a concentrate and is often used for electric galvanic stimulation as a nutrient device to drive the iodide ions into the muscle and the bone to heal and nurture a wound or disease. The PT Skin iodine is a 10% solution for the practitioner who requires a test to see how rapidly iodine is being absorbed into the skin. This test is both prophylactic and diagnostic.

Thank you for sharing this with your health practitioners in your group. We hope this is helpful to make the best recommendation for your patients who may need this product.

Sincerely,

Kim A. Vieira, Ph.D.