RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: iodine and spider veins

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Heidi, What is the source of iodine you are using for the spider veins? MichiganHeidi <heidis@...> wrote: I've been painting iodine on my legs becauseof this scar that was getting weird in a waythat made me suspect it might be getting a deepinfection. The iodine stopped those symptoms,and I had read it helps with scar healing. So Icontinued using it.Then the spider veins in that part of my leg startedto fade. So I painted more on the spider veins.They seem to have faded more. So I'm Googling aroundand find:============http://www.medivein.com/siteuk/varicose/traiter.html1890 – Tests were made with more diluted products and better asepsis. During a surgical congress in Lyons in 1894, a

study of 164 sclerotic injections made without incident was presented. The action mechanism was starting to be better understood. It had to do with the irritating effect of iodine plus its antiseptic action on the walls of varicose veins. The term "injection sclerotherapy" was born. Sclerosing agents changed over time, but the iodine remained their prime component.============ACK! OK, so like the nasal wash, I didn'tinvent it. Tho I'm not injecting it as they do commercially. AndI'm not sure that what is happening is whatthey describe. But I'm posting it herein case it helps anyone else, or anyone elsewants to try the experiment. It seems to takeweeks to make a difference, it's not overnight.Since the walls of spider veins are righton the surface, and iodine absorbs, I'd guesssome of it *does* get into the spider vein asif it were injected.I should also add that they had been goingaway more

slowly over, like 2 years as myhealth improved (which in my case meantavoiding my IgA allergens, gluten and casein,and adding stuff like B12 and kelp to my diet).But painting it on makes a big difference.-- Heidi

Guest guest

Z wrote:

> Hi Heidi,

>

> What is the source of iodine you are using for the spider veins?

>

> Michigan

I'm using an iodine tincture, alcohol based. Nothing

special, 5% I think. It does stain.

-- Heidi

Guest guest

Hi Heidi, thanks for posting this - very interesting! Sharon

> I've been painting iodine on my legs because

> of this scar that was getting weird in a way

> that made me suspect it might be getting a deep

> infection. The iodine stopped those symptoms,

> and I had read it helps with scar healing. So I

> continued using it.

>

> Then the spider veins in that part of my leg started

> to fade. So I painted more on the spider veins.

> They seem to have faded more. So I'm Googling around

> and find:

Guest guest

Thanks Heidi

Heidi wrote:

Z wrote:

> Hi Heidi,

>

> What is the source of iodine you are using for the spider veins?

>

> Michigan

I'm using an iodine tincture, alcohol based. Nothing

special, 5% I think. It does stain.

-- Heidi