Guest guest

Any thoughts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 10/13/2002 10:48:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

az1home@... writes:

<< I am going to try to deflect

lectin. Where did you purchase yours from and who. >>

I got mine from at foodforyourblood.com.

Max

Guest guest

That sounds pretty interesting. Im just a newby I also need to learn

how to cook the vegetables and fish. I am going to try to deflect

lectin. Where did you purchase yours from and who. Im taking folic

acid,b-12, kelp, cats claw, bladderwrack, and calcium and a few

more. After reading some of the postings, you seem to be mastering

these zones pretty well. I do have a question, from some unknown

reason after I exercise I have a overwhelming desire to have organic

grapes. And I get very tired and want to sleep. Is this normal

until my body adjusts to what Iam putting myself through and all the

vitamins Im taking, Im just curious.

Guest guest

www.foodforyourblood.com <http://www.foodforyourblood.com/>

RE:Any thoughts

That sounds pretty interesting. Im just a newby I also need to learn

how to cook the vegetables and fish. I am going to try to deflect

lectin. Where did you purchase yours from and who. Im taking folic

acid,b-12, kelp, cats claw, bladderwrack, and calcium and a few

more. After reading some of the postings, you seem to be mastering

these zones pretty well. I do have a question, from some unknown

reason after I exercise I have a overwhelming desire to have organic

grapes. And I get very tired and want to sleep. Is this normal

until my body adjusts to what Iam putting myself through and all the

vitamins Im taking, Im just curious.

Guest guest

Hi all

Ive got some strange symptoms that I wonder if you have come across as Im wondering if they are linked to HypoT? Ive got symptoms of PMS - which Ive not had for 2 or 3 years (maybe longer), and not had periods for about years. I did try HRT when my symptoms were thought to be menopausal - not taken this for over a year. Ive got the breast tenderness and feel very tetchy etc - exactly like I recall PMS! I started on CoQ10 and niacin a few weeks ago, coming off lisinopril because of side effects. Im on 75 mcg of levothyroxine and been on this dose for about 4 months now.

I have done the adrenal questionnaire and think I likely have symptoms and I will treat when I can get my internet sorted properly and can do some research (I cant even get into the TPA files!).

Although I still have many hypoT symptoms Im much better than I was and sort of wondering if my hormones are getting back to normal and this is a consequence of that?

I cant think of anything else that might be relevant. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks as always,

Gill

Guest guest

HI Gill

I am pasting this here in case you are unable to open links. This might help somewhat. Have you considered taking natural Progesterone Cream?

Luv - Sheila

Too much Estrogen interferes with Thyroid HormoneProgesterone Use Restores Thyroid FunctionAmerican women and women in developed countries have too much estrogen. This estrogen excess, labeled estrogen dominance by Lee, M.D., creates hypothyroid symptoms despite normal serum levels of thyroid hormone. Excess estrogen impedes the cellular utilization of thyroid hormone. Progesterone, and the avoidance of xenoestrogens restores thyroid function in the body. We typically find that women with PMS ARE ALSO CLINICALLY HYPOTHYROID!! by , M.D.Women with PMS typically are also hypothyroid. They may feel sluggish and cold. They build up fat around the hips and belly. Their measured temperature is usually 97 by mouth instead of 98.6. Thyroid hormone made by the thyroid gland regulates the metabolic rate. Low thyroid tends to cause low energy levels, cold intolerance, and weight gain. Excess thyroid causes higher energy levels, feeling too warm, and weight loss. The thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone in two basic flavors T3 and T4. T3 is the more potent of the two. The thyroid gland is stimulated thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) produced by a small gland in the brain called the pituitary gland. This gland is stimulated in turn by thyrotropin-releasing hormone produced by the hypothalamus, another part of the brain.Frequently, Dr. Lee, corrected symptoms of PMS in his patients by using progesterone cream. PMS symptoms caused by estrogen dominance included fat and water retention, breast swelling, headaches and loss of sex drive. He also found that they also had thyroid supplements prescribed based upon hypothyroid-like symptoms such as feeling tired or sluggish, a little cold intolerance, and thinning hair. However, laboratory measured thyroid levels T3 and T4 were normal, and TSH was only slightly elevated. After Dr. Lee corrected the PMS symptoms with progesterone, the patients with presumed hypothyroid symptoms became normal. Their hypothyroid symptoms decreased or disappeared!

After Dr. Lee corrected the PMS symptoms with progesterone, the patients with presumed hypothyroid symptoms became normal. Their hypothyroid symptoms decreased or disappeared!

One woman patient that I had did not shave her underarms for 5 years. She had a low normal T3, T4 and TSH. After taking natural progesterone and avoiding heated plastics in her food for her Fibrocystic Breast Disease, she noted that the hair under her arms had begun to grow once more. She had to begin shaving her underarms again! Her hypothyroid symptoms, non growing hair under her arms, were due to estrogen dominance.Confirming Clinical Hypothyroid (normal lab tests T3, T4, TSH, but feeling lousy)The most reliable way to confirm clinical hypothyroid is to measure the urine temperature for three consecutive days. Urinate in a Styrofoam cup for 3 consecutive days in the morning as soon as you get up. If you forget one day then don't worry just continue until you get 3 consecutive days. Measure the urine temperature with an ordinary health care thermometer. If the temperature is below 98.6 consistently, ( usually 97) then you most probably have clinical hypothyroid.

Why Do Hypothyroid Symptoms Disappear with Progesterone?Dr. Lee reasons that thyroid and estrogen oppose each other. Estrogen causes food to be stored as fat. Thyroid hormone causes fat to be burned as energy. Patients with normal thyroid hormone levels measured by laboratory tests have symptoms that suggest they have hypothyroidism. When these same patients are given progesterone which is know to oppose estrogen their hypothyroid symptoms ceased. This implies that too much estrogen in the body, estrogen dominance, interferes with thyroid hormone action.SummaryCutting down your intake of estrogen and taking progesterone causes Premenstrual Syndrome ( PMS )s to become normal according to Dr. Lee. Because estrogen dominance also interferes with thyroid hormone action, Premenstrual Syndrome ( PMS ) patients are likely to have symptoms of hypothyroidism and be on thyroid supplements even though measured TSH, T3 and T4 are normal. After taking progesterone for several months, thyroid function becomes normal and thyroid supplements can be cut back and possibly eventually discontinued.

Re: any thoughts

Hi all

Ive got some strange symptoms that I wonder if you have come across as Im wondering if they are linked to HypoT? Ive got symptoms of PMS - which Ive not had for 2 or 3 years (maybe longer), and not had periods for about years. I did try HRT when my symptoms were thought to be menopausal - not taken this for over a year. Ive got the breast tenderness and feel very tetchy etc - exactly like I recall PMS! I started on CoQ10 and niacin a few weeks ago, coming off lisinopril because of side effects. Im on 75 mcg of levothyroxine and been on this dose for about 4 months now.

I have done the adrenal questionnaire and think I likely have symptoms and I will treat when I can get my internet sorted properly and can do some research (I cant even get into the TPA files!).

Although I still have many hypoT symptoms Im much better than I was and sort of wondering if my hormones are getting back to normal and this is a consequence of that?

Thanks as always,

Gill

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.32/1131 - Release Date: 14/11/2007 16:54

Guest guest

Hi Sheila - that's very interesting and sounds like the symptoms Im getting, though these have come on suddenly in the last couple of weeks. Definitely worth a try - where do I get the cream from? Is it something I can get from a health shop or only on line?

Thanks for copying it here as you're right I cant get it on line! This should be resolved as Ive signed up with BT - not the cheapest option but the difference in their customer service swung it for me!!

Thanks for your very speedy and helpful advice once again.

Gill

Hi all

Thanks as always,

Gill

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.32/1131 - Release Date: 14/11/2007 16:54

Guest guest

You can buy Progesterone Cream at many pharmacies and at varied prices. I find that the source below (and in the UK) is very good and very cheap by comparison to others - just write to at ben10@.... Her Progesterone Cream is about £10 for a 2 oz tube.

This is where I buy mine from.

Luv - Sheila

Hi all

Thanks as always,

Gill

Guest guest

thanks Sheila. As yu know I cant get access to the internet properly yet so I cant figure it out myself! When i was on hrt I tried different things and taking progesterone tablets made me really dizzy and light headed (similar to lisinopril and may have been that but exacerbated by progesterone) and obviously dont want that again - do you know if its more natural or has less side effects?

Is this something that's not available on prescription? Dont mind buying it if I need to, just curious and already spending a fortune on coq10, niacin, selenium/magnesium etc!

Thanks very much,

Gill

Hi all

Thanks as always,

Gill

Guest guest

I understand the natural progesterone cream is nothing like the progesterone tablets which can leave a lot to be desired. Here is some moroe about why Cream is better than tablets. http://www.millennium-healthcare.com/newweb/articles/drclofine/natural_Progesterone_cream/natural_Progesterone_cream.htm Again, as you can't open links, here it is:

REASONS FOR USING NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM

Common reasons for the prescription of natural progesterone cream include PMS, perimenopausal and other menstrual irregularity, treatment of menopausal symptoms (like hot flashes and night sweats), endometriosis, simple benign ovarian cyst and hormone replacement therapy. There is some evidence to suggest that it may also be beneficial for other menopausal problems such as decreased bone density (leading to osteoporosis) though more research is needed in this area. Natural progesterone is made in the laboratory starting with a compound found in wild yam and soybeans called diosgenin. It is exactly like what your body makes.

There are several advantages to using a cream as opposed to a tablet. Many medications are given through the skin (e.g. estrogen patches, nicotine patches, scopolamine patches for motion sickness, and nitroglycerin heart medication to name a few). Progesterone is also absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. When any thing is taken by mouth (food or drug) it is absorbed into a blood stream that first goes directly to the liver before it is delivered to the rest of the body. Much of the progesterone is inactivated by the liver and thus we must use much larger doses when using oral tablets as opposed to skin creams. Absorbing it through the skin into the general circulation (as opposed to first going to the liver) is much more like the way the ovary naturally secretes progesterone.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NATURAL PROGESTERONE AND SYNTHETIC PROGESTINS

Natural progesterone means that it is exactly like the progesterone produced by the ovary (ie. bioidentical). Synthetic progestins are compounds that are made to be similar to the bodies progesterone with many actions similar as well. In my experience women have MANY more side effects on the synthetic progestins, such as weight gain, edema (water retention), headaches, skin changes (acne) and mood swings. There is some preliminary research evidence that synthetic progestins may not be friendly to the hearts blood supply (the coronary arteries) and may have a more adverse impact on cholesterol balance. While synthetic progestins have many disadvantages they also have a few advantages over natural progesterone. They are readily available in any pharmacy, they are very inexpensive, they only need to be taken once a day and they are more effective at stopping heavy dangerous bleeding. The most common synthetic progestins prescribed are medroxyprogesterone acetate (brand name Provera) and norethindrone (brand name Aygestin).

To me, the most compelling reason to use natural progesterone is that it is what the body makes. I firmly believe that the hundreds of thousands of years of natural evolution of this substance makes it the substance of choice when using over a long period of time. I feel it is safe with less side effects and more beneficial in its actions.

WHICH CREAM AND WHAT DOSE

Regardless of the product the progesterone is exactly the same. The difference between different creams is the dose (how much) of progesterone and the make up of the cream which is the vehicle to carry the progesterone to the skin. Most of the over the counter products contain 400 - 800 mg per ounce which translates to around 14 to 28 mg per gram (which is usually equivalent to ¼ teaspoon of cream). Using this amount twice a day is usually a good starting dose for most women. Prescription creams can be made in any concentration and I often will prescribe creams stronger than the over the counter products.

The normal daily ovarian production of progesterone is in the range of 20 - 30 mg (coincidentally the approximate dose in over the counter products). During pregnancy the production can increase to the range of 500mg daily.

Three good over the counter products are Progest, Restored Balance and Angel Care. I am sure there are others as well. Find the one you like because you will be more likely to use it. Some worry about settling of the progesterone in a jar (as opposed to a tube) so simple give it a good stir every now and then. I have found the best prescription cream products to be from Women’s International Pharmacy in Wisconsin (phone # 1-800-279-5708). Women’s uses a natural safflower oil base that is very acceptable to my patients. All the local pharmacies I have investigated use a cream base that is less pleasant to use.

“Wild Yam Creams” may or may not have progesterone in the product. There may be benefit from using wild yam as an herbal supplement but this is completely different from using progesterone creams. Just because a product lists progesterone as and ingredient does not mean it has a satisfactory amount in the cream. In fact none of the over the counter products lists the amount of progesterone present within the cream!

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WORK?

We are all used to quick action of medicines. The pain pill works in one hour and the antibiotic the next day. Hormones are very different in how they act in the body. They actually change the tissues and cells of the body and that takes time. Persistence and patience are key virtues in working with these products. While the progesterone is absorbed very rapidly into the body the full beneficial effect of the cream may take several months to manifest. Most women feel an immediate benefit when using the cream but for maximal benefit I recommend a 3 month trial of therapy. That should be long enough to evaluate benefit, or lack thereof, from use of the cream.

ARE THERE ANY DANGERS TO USING THE CREAM?

The over the counter natural progesterone creams are very safe and effective products. Very few medical studies have been done on their long term use. There are several areas of caution in their use: If you are having frequent periods (less than every 3 weeks) or prolonged periods (lasting longer than one week) you should have a physician evaluation to determine if progesterone therapy is the appropriate approach to you problem. This is especially true in the years leading up to menopause. ANY POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING REQUIRES PHYSICIAN EVALUATION. I see woman who are using the cream wrong and thus have made their menses irregular. Using the cream in the first two weeks after the menses can cause this (even though sometimes I do prescribe it to be used in that way for specific reasons). I see many women in the office with severe complaints from stopping established hormone replacement therapy without adequate guidance. This must be done very slowly with good physician support. Monitor the problem you are treating to determine if you are successful. If symptoms are relieved you know things are better! If you are using the cream for your bones, than follow their status with DEXA bone density scans and believe the results. If better, great! If worse than accept that and add additional therapy. If you have thyroid problems or are on thyroid medication this should be monitored while instituting the cream. Using the cream for problem that requires medical evaluation is dangerous and a mistake. Side effects can occur from using progesterone cream. They are rarely encountered with the over the counter strength creams, though sometimes they do occur. They may include bloating, weight gain, breast tenderness, irregular bleeding, acne, mood disturbances or headaches. Nothing works for everyone. Honor you distinct and individual body and personality.

HOW TO APPLY IT (Dr. Clofine’s recommendations)

Use your cream consistently without missing any doses. Use a measuring spoon to accurately dispense your dose of cream. The amount you use is a specific prescription. One of the advantages of creams over tablets is the ease of adjusting dose. Apply the cream over as wide and area of skin as possible. Spread it around. Apply the cream to thin areas of skin not over lying fatty tissue. This way it tends to be absorbed into the bloodstream as opposed to hanging out in the fat (though there is no evidence to believe it is dangerous to apply it over fatty tissues). Apply it to the feet, front of the lower legs, back of the knees, to the hands and inner arms, to the neck and upper chest. Some women like to apply it to wrinkle lines on the face. Avoid the breasts, abdomen, buttocks and thighs. If you get a rash or irritation it is probably a component of the cream and not the progesterone. Try a different product.

WHEN TO APPLY IT

Women having regular menstrual cycles (i.e. treatment of PMS)

When discussing use of the cream we speak about YOUR CYCLE as opposed to the calendar days. Day one is the first day of your menses and you start counting from that day. First day of every menses you start counting at day one again. Most cycles last 28 days with ovulation around day 12.

Apply ¼ to ½ teaspoon twice a day from days 12 - 26. In some cases we continue the cream till onset of the menses though this may create some problems as continued use of the cream may delay the onset of menses. During the use of cream from days 12 - 26: If spotting occurs, continue cream use on schedule. If an early menses occurs, stop the cream and make that day one of next cycle If you do not get a period, use a hypothetical day one when you expected your menses, and stay on schedule

Post menopausal women

Cream may be used twice daily on a regular basis. Some have suggested taking a break week each month to allow the body to go to baseline and thus respond better to the cream. This is fine to do. Some women feel worse on their week off. For them I generally recommend continuous daily use without a break

3) Other situations are best addressed with professional consultation.

Hi all

Thanks as always,

Gill

Guest guest

thanks once again Sheila and also for copying it here. This is really useful and interesting and I think worth a try. Im sure we all must think this: why couldnt I have a straightforward condition, not one that's so difficult to understand!

Gill

Hi all

Thanks as always,

Gill

Guest guest

Wouldn't touch anything like this with a barge pole personally, and I wouldhave to run it past a nutritionist of my doctor first. it doesn't contain T3.Don't be let any comments take you over. Bob, what thinks you?

Luv - Sheila

Luv -Sheila

Any thoughts

Any thoughts on this:

http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-absolute-nutrition-thyroid-t3.htm

Came across it whilst surfing.

Lilian

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.11/1554 - Release Date: 15/07/2008 18:03

Guest guest

Are you doing this under your doctor's management/control? When my BP got that

low I came to looking up at 4 very concerned nurses! You need to have them do

proper testing starting with step 1! (ARR)

>

> I have not been diagnosed. Still looking for answers. If no one has seen my

posts, I have low renin, normal Aldo, high deoxycoticosterone and deoxycortisol.

Sxs like everyone else. Also have hypothyroid, decreased immunity syndrome,

24/7 headache for 3.5 years. High BP but labile, can go low and I had 2 near

syncopal episodes. Last treatment has been on Spiro and BP running 136/86.

Doing the low salt under 1500 and high K. Taking 40 meq k daily. Doc wants

some testing done ACTH Stimson needed to come off Spiro. That was last Sat.

Starting yesterday I have felt shaky inside but not out, my BP which is usually

160/90 when off BP meds is now running 95/55 to 112/71. I feel like I am going

to pass out but I don't. I feel weak and more fatigue. Heart rate is a little

higher than norm at 83-85. Anyone experience this or is it possible that

without the spiro I am losing too much K. I am nauseated and have no appetite

and know I am within my salt restriction. Any thoughts would be great.

>