RemedySpot.com

Eating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Some kids cannot handle certain food textures...have him evaluated by an OT for this.

Heidi

-------------- Original message -------------- From: tami schaff <tamischaff11@...> I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference.

Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Guest guest

My son gets feeding therapy from an OT. A google search should bring you some details on what this entails and what might be in your area. This would be from a childrens hospital with dietitian and OT who has sensory background. Bonnie Sayers http://autismspectrumdisorders.bellaonline.com ==============theshabbysheep@... wrote: Some kids cannot handle certain food textures...have him evaluated by an OT

for this. Heidi -------------- Original message -------------- From: tami schaff <tamischaff11@...> I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference. Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Guest guest

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the eating issues! Its nice to hear how everyone tackles this one. I've gotten some good ideas. Bonnie Sayers <bonniesa@...> wrote: My son gets feeding therapy from an OT. A google search should bring you some details on what this entails and what might be in your area. This would be from a childrens hospital with dietitian and OT who has sensory background. Bonnie Sayers http://autismspectrumdisorders.bellaonline.com ==============theshabbysheep@... wrote: Some kids cannot handle certain food textures...have him evaluated by an OT for this. Heidi -------------- Original message -------------- From: tami schaff <tamischaff11@...> I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I

have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference. Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the eating issues! Its nice to hear how everyone tackles this one. I've gotten some good ideas. Bonnie Sayers <bonniesa@...> wrote: My son gets feeding therapy from an OT. A google search should bring you some details on what this entails and what might be in your area. This would be from a childrens hospital with dietitian and OT who has sensory background. Bonnie Sayers http://autismspectrumdisorders.bellaonline.com ==============theshabbysheep@... wrote: Some kids cannot handle certain food textures...have him evaluated by an OT for this. Heidi -------------- Original message -------------- From: tami schaff <tamischaff11@...> I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I

have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference. Groups are talking. We´re listening. Check out the handy changes to .

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Thanks for the ideas and recipes. I do think he will drink the smooties!Kat <beedo4me@...> wrote: Hi, Tami!Our 4yo boy is also a very picky eater. He never had a problem throwing up (except when he was a baby and would couldn't burb him or his would spit up), but he has ALWAYS had a problem with very loose and very foul smelling stools (sorry folks!).We did put him on a gfcf diet for about 4 months. I will say that his loose stools ceased almost immediately upon removing casein from his diet. The diet

was a lot of work but I would still have him on it if it weren't for the fact that he started eating fewer and fewer things. He is still, however, casein-free. You might want to try removing all casein/dairy from your son's diet. My little guys sucks down Rice milk, Almond milk, and Hazelnut milk like there's no tomorrow. No, he doesn't a couple of the get things that he really loves (like mac & cheese, or just cheese), but there has to be a trade off somewhere.I do plan on trying the gluten-free diet again at a later when when he will (hopefully) start eating more of a variety of food and then maybe it will go better.If you have any questions about gfcf diet, please feel free to email me at beedo4me .Now, having said all of that.... Have you ever tried to give your son a smoothie? I've had wonderful success in getting all kinds of sneaky

things in my son via a smoothie. Here are some examples:Smoothie Example #1:Apple JuiceSteamed CarrotsCod Liver OilVanilla casein-free milkSmoothie Example #2:Cranberry JuiceFresh SpinachFrozen StrawberriesVanilla casein-free milkSmoothie Example #3:Grape JuiceCanned BeetsFrozen Triple Berry BlendCod Liver OilVanilla casein-free milkYou get the idea.I also still feed him Stage 3 veggie baby food mixed with Stage 2 meat baby food. Thankfully he has always liked that and thankfully, also, he does like some fruits.Other than that, he gets most of his protein from peanut butter and chicken nuggets because he still won't eat anything else.Here is a site that may be helpful to you:http://www.glutensolutions.com/autism.htmHope this helps.KathySnip

--- I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Thanks for the ideas and recipes. I do think he will drink the smooties!Kat <beedo4me@...> wrote: Hi, Tami!Our 4yo boy is also a very picky eater. He never had a problem throwing up (except when he was a baby and would couldn't burb him or his would spit up), but he has ALWAYS had a problem with very loose and very foul smelling stools (sorry folks!).We did put him on a gfcf diet for about 4 months. I will say that his loose stools ceased almost immediately upon removing casein from his diet. The diet

was a lot of work but I would still have him on it if it weren't for the fact that he started eating fewer and fewer things. He is still, however, casein-free. You might want to try removing all casein/dairy from your son's diet. My little guys sucks down Rice milk, Almond milk, and Hazelnut milk like there's no tomorrow. No, he doesn't a couple of the get things that he really loves (like mac & cheese, or just cheese), but there has to be a trade off somewhere.I do plan on trying the gluten-free diet again at a later when when he will (hopefully) start eating more of a variety of food and then maybe it will go better.If you have any questions about gfcf diet, please feel free to email me at beedo4me .Now, having said all of that.... Have you ever tried to give your son a smoothie? I've had wonderful success in getting all kinds of sneaky

things in my son via a smoothie. Here are some examples:Smoothie Example #1:Apple JuiceSteamed CarrotsCod Liver OilVanilla casein-free milkSmoothie Example #2:Cranberry JuiceFresh SpinachFrozen StrawberriesVanilla casein-free milkSmoothie Example #3:Grape JuiceCanned BeetsFrozen Triple Berry BlendCod Liver OilVanilla casein-free milkYou get the idea.I also still feed him Stage 3 veggie baby food mixed with Stage 2 meat baby food. Thankfully he has always liked that and thankfully, also, he does like some fruits.Other than that, he gets most of his protein from peanut butter and chicken nuggets because he still won't eat anything else.Here is a site that may be helpful to you:http://www.glutensolutions.com/autism.htmHope this helps.KathySnip

--- I have been having trouble getting my son to eat. I know this is a problem with children that are not autistic, but certain foods seem to make him want to vomit - my cooking is not that bad. :) Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to nutritionalist, check for digestive disorders? I do not do the gluten free diet only because I have no idea how to tackle that - seems too time consuming and don't know if it will make a big difference.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

• 1 month later...

im sorry. i never even thought of that. i used to sit and pig out on chips n dip. i miss them

Image by FlamingText.com

From: "Kerry Kramer" <kerrykramer@...>Reply- To: < >Subject: Re: Monday morning- Get RippedDate: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:15:20 -0600

Oh Jill, why did you put those in my head! Potato chips are my very big weakness....LOL!

Get out the carrot sticks instead!

Kerry

thanks kerry for your kind words, but oh how id like a bag of wavy lays and french onion dip. lol

Me too! Actually I'm sitting here thinking of chips and dip....good thing it's late and the grocery stores are closed and that I'm too cheap to pay the high prices in the convenience stores. LOL!

Kerry

im sorry. i never even thought of that. i used to sit and pig out on chips n dip. i miss them

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

I like Scandishake to gain or maintain weight.

http://www.axcan.com/scandishake_us.php

Lori

Kathy Maloney wrote:

>

> My 14 year old daughter weighs 45 pounds. She has gradually been

> having a more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in

> general. She is a rather picky eater and dislikes the whole eating

> process in general (other than her junk foods). I feel that she needs

> to gain weight and it has become a real issue for us. If anyone has

> any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own that they would like

> to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

>

> ---------------------------------

> Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

> in the Answers Food & Drink Q & A.

>

>

Guest guest

Kitty,

Have you thought about a g-tube? I weighed 42 pounds most of my childhood.

No matter what I ate I couldn't gain b/c my body burned the calories off

quickly in order to sustain my breathing, mobility, etc. When I got deathly

sick my junior year of college I was trached/vented and a feeding tube was

placed. I now weigh around 71 pounds and am comfortable. The highest I ever

weighed was 83 lbs. I really should have had the feeding tube much earlier. I

bet I wouldn't have gotten so sick if I was nutritionally healthy. The Drs

say since I was so thin I had no reserve left when I got sick to fight the

sickness. The g-tube surgery is not that bad and some Drs will even do it

w/out

gen anesthesia. I'm now happy I have one b/c like your daughter eating is

just a chore for me. I also have GI issues so it helps w/that too. Feel free

to ask any ?'s.

Smiles,

Kimi

In a message dated 3/14/2007 6:38:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

kitty72470@... writes:

My 14 year old daughter weighs 45 pounds. She has gradually been having a

more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in general. She is a rather

picky eater and dislikes the whole eating process in general (other than her

junk foods). I feel that she needs to gain weight and it has become a real

issue for us. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own

that they would like to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone.

Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Hi. Your daughter sounds like a typical teenager as far as the junk food! I

was quite thin when I was a teen, but nutrition is so important with SMA.

Remember, you're the mom. I always had to sit at the table until I cleaned my

plate, yeah, sometimes it would be 2 hrs. I am now 53 and am grateful my

parents were strong. If she's having problems swallowing, chewing etc., there

are smaller bites of meats, chicken & fish are easier to chew, potatoes, etc.

Stay strong, she'll be angry for awhile but she will thank you later. Terri

Guest guest

To try and load up on calories, if she is into junk food would she

compromise and eat maybe a yogurt smoothie that a calorie booster

could be added to (avail at any nutrition store), or there is also a

supplement/drink I have used and well as others here called scandi

shake (I dot think Im spelling that right, grr) that is a powder you

can mix with milk or i mixed it w/ vanilla yogurt--yummy actually.

From what ive heard, and I cant speak for myself as I dont have a

g-tube, its actually a relief to have one for many as you dont have

the pressure or burden to eat and get calories in when it is difficult to.

>

having a more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in

general. She is a rather picky eater and dislikes the whole eating

process in general (other than her junk foods). I feel that she needs

to gain weight and it has become a real issue for us. If anyone has

any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own that they would like

to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

>

>

>

Guest guest

In Canada, I gained weight by drinking Ensure....a meal replacement drink in

vanilla, strawberry or chocolate. I stopped cuz I got too fat. Besides, I am

eatting a bit better as an adult.

Angie

On Thursday 15 March 2007 20:07, wrote:

> To try and load up on calories, if she is into junk food would she

> compromise and eat maybe a yogurt smoothie that a calorie booster

> could be added to (avail at any nutrition store), or there is also a

> supplement/drink I have used and well as others here called scandi

> shake (I dot think Im spelling that right, grr) that is a powder you

> can mix with milk or i mixed it w/ vanilla yogurt--yummy actually.

>

> >From what ive heard, and I cant speak for myself as I dont have a

>

> g-tube, its actually a relief to have one for many as you dont have

> the pressure or burden to eat and get calories in when it is difficult to.

>

>

>

>

> > My 14 year old daughter weighs 45 pounds. She has gradually been

>

> having a more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in

> general. She is a rather picky eater and dislikes the whole eating

> process in general (other than her junk foods). I feel that she needs

> to gain weight and it has become a real issue for us. If anyone has

> any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own that they would like

> to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

>

> > ---------------------------------

> > Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate

> > in the Answers Food & Drink Q & A.

> >

> >

Guest guest

As some of you know, I am a mom of an 18 month old little girl with sma.

She had a gtube placed last November. Although we were VERY weary of it

initially, we are SO very HAPPY that we have it. She had pneumonia a while

ago, and would not eat ANYTHING! She lost 2 pounds (and she was only 22

pounds at the time). We went to feeding clinic at Children’s Hospital, and

they gave us a sample schedule to follow. We fed her pediasure through her

tube and let her eat/drink what she would. At the end of the month, she

gained back the 2 pounds. BUT, had we not been able to feed her by gtube,

that would NEVER have happened. I guess the moral of my story is to look

into the gtube being placed. It has been a lifesaver in my opinion. When

she got the proper nutrition, her learning doubled and her strength

improved. I can’t say enough good things about it!! It does take some

minimal daily care, but to have the option to use it is great… especially if

she doesn’t like taking meds by mouth – you can just shoot them through the

tube :-)

If you have questions, please let me know!!

VISHA WALLACE

Stay-At-Home Mommy: www.ourthreegirls.com

Rags Land Sales Rep: www.ragsland.com

CM Consultant: www.mycmsite.com/vwallace

_____

Behalf Of

Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 7:07 PM

Subject: Re: Eating

To try and load up on calories, if she is into junk food would she

compromise and eat maybe a yogurt smoothie that a calorie booster

could be added to (avail at any nutrition store), or there is also a

supplement/drink I have used and well as others here called scandi

shake (I dot think Im spelling that right, grr) that is a powder you

can mix with milk or i mixed it w/ vanilla yogurt--yummy actually.

From what ive heard, and I cant speak for myself as I dont have a

g-tube, its actually a relief to have one for many as you dont have

the pressure or burden to eat and get calories in when it is difficult to.

>

having a more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in

general. She is a rather picky eater and dislikes the whole eating

process in general (other than her junk foods). I feel that she needs

to gain weight and it has become a real issue for us. If anyone has

any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own that they would like

to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I will second everything Kimi just said (from a parent perspective of

course)!!!!!

h is 11 and weighed 35lbs until she was 7. At that point I insisted on

having a mic-key button placed. In less than 4 years she went from the rail thin

35lb (wearing size 6/7 in length but about a 3T in weight) to weighing about

85lbs and she is 5' tall!!!!! She has also been MUCH healthier since we have

been able to get adequate nutrition into her. Before she would have 6-8

pneumonias/year. After gaining some weight (and lots of strength too!) she did

not have a single hospitalization until Dec 05 and that one was caused by an

inadvertent overdose on hydroxyurea which caused a drop in her white cell count.

Long story........

Basically, h LOVES her button. No being forced to eat and no tasting nasty

meds. It's also much easier to keep them hydrated during illness.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm sure h would be more

than glad to talk to your daughter about it as well.

Love and Hugs

Jeni

Re: Eating

Kitty,

Have you thought about a g-tube? I weighed 42 pounds most of my childhood.

No matter what I ate I couldn't gain b/c my body burned the calories off

quickly in order to sustain my breathing, mobility, etc. When I got deathly

sick my junior year of college I was trached/vented and a feeding tube was

placed. I now weigh around 71 pounds and am comfortable. The highest I ever

weighed was 83 lbs. I really should have had the feeding tube much earlier. I

bet I wouldn't have gotten so sick if I was nutritionally healthy. The Drs

say since I was so thin I had no reserve left when I got sick to fight the

sickness. The g-tube surgery is not that bad and some Drs will even do it

w/out

gen anesthesia. I'm now happy I have one b/c like your daughter eating is

just a chore for me. I also have GI issues so it helps w/that too. Feel free

to ask any ?'s.

Smiles,

Kimi

In a message dated 3/14/2007 6:38:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

kitty72470 (DOT) com writes:

My 14 year old daughter weighs 45 pounds. She has gradually been having a

more difficult time chewing, swallowing and eating in general. She is a rather

picky eater and dislikes the whole eating process in general (other than her

junk foods). I feel that she needs to gain weight and it has become a real

issue for us. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas or experiences of their own

that they would like to share, we could use the input. Thanks.

************ ********* ********* ******** AOL now offers free email to everyone.

Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol. com.

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Kristi,

You are right.  It's a whole new learning experience.  Even though it's been almost 5 months for me, I still have to be careful not to take that one bite too many.  I now tend to know my limits but every now and then I mess up if something is especially tasty.  I try to avoid this by separating the portion I plan to eat at the very beginning so I can see it as a whole.

Joyce

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:10 PM, morehousekristi <birtlover@...> wrote:

Hi allI was sleeved on March 27th 2009 almost 1 month ago. I am down 24 lbs.Now that I am starting to eat normally I am a little nervous. I am afraid of failure. It is definitely a learning curve. A couple of times I have had a little much for my new stomach and it makes you a little uncomfortable, I am going to have to be diligent in my measuring until I can follow my clues better. I don't want to stretch my stomach out.

I am noticing my clothes feeling looser, I am going to eventually post photos. Is anybody else a little nervous about eating? And has anybody experienced that just a little bit to much feeling?Thanx Kristi

Guest guest

Hi Kristi,

Don't listen to your head--learn to listen to your stomach. Put your fork down in between (small) bite. Chew a lot and you will get the feeling of being full--stop even if you have food left on your plate. You have to be willing to learn that most of the time you should have food left on your plate or take really small amounts to begin with. That is good that you notice that uncomfortable feels. That is a signal to you--slow down, stop eating.

It is definite relearning process that takes months to get use to--but you will do it. You will do just fine and you won't stretch out your new stomach, just pay attention. This is a life changing event that you will figure out. Sometime burping, or the hiccups are a signs that you are full too, so pay attention to those signs. Keep asking questions--we all had to learn this, it wasn't just instant knowledge that we came home with.

Good luck and you have done great in a short time.

Suzanne

225/ 160/ 125

Start Now Goal

Sleeved 10/21/08

In a message dated 04/20/09 07:48:49 Pacific Daylight Time, birtlover@... writes:

Hi allI was sleeved on March 27th 2009 almost 1 month ago. I am down 24 lbs.Now that I am starting to eat normally I am a little nervous. I am afraid of failure. It is definitely a learning curve. A couple of times I have had a little much for my new stomach and it makes you a little uncomfortable, I am going to have to be diligent in my measuring until I can follow my clues better. I don't want to stretch my stomach out.I am noticing my clothes feeling looser, I am going to eventually post photos. Is anybody else a little nervous about eating? And has anybody experienced that just a little bit to much feeling?Thanx Kristi

Guest guest

>

> Hi all

> I was sleeved on March 27th 2009 almost 1 month ago. I am down 24 lbs.

> Now that I am starting to eat normally I am a little nervous. I am afraid of

failure. It is definitely a learning curve. A couple of times I have had a

little much for my new stomach and it makes you a little uncomfortable, I am

going to have to be diligent in my measuring until I can follow my clues better.

I don't want to stretch my stomach out.

> I am noticing my clothes feeling looser, I am going to eventually post photos.

> Is anybody else a little nervous about eating? And has anybody experienced

that just a little bit to much feeling?

> Thanx Kristi

>

Guest guest

Kristi:

We have ALL experienced that TOO MUCH FOOD syndrome! I have thrown up a few times because I have eaten something that didn't agree with my stomach or was too dense (eggs, nuts, etc.) Softer foods work better with me. Although I also get those snack size packets of broccoli, tomatoes, and carrots with dip from Costco that are good snack portions. I used to be able to only eat a few carrots. But now I can eat several tomatoes and most of the carrots and a few pieces of broccoli.

I also made a great protein bar that I will share with everyone: (This is for those who may be further out from their sleeve surgery). This is VERY easy and I just dump everything in and start mixing!

2 cups of steel cut oats or the multi-grain oats (uncooked)

1/2 cup of the following: raw (or salted/roasted) sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, raisins, finely chopped dates, shredded coconut

1 16oz container of Almond Butter (from a health food store) - it is best made fresh. But it is just like peanut butter but made with almonds which are a healthier source of nutrition.

One container of wild flower honey (only use 1/2 cup)

Mix all of the ingrediants until moistened. You may also put in some scoops of protein powder and add soy milk or water to moisten the contents. Just make sure the contents are only slightly moistened and are thick in consistency.

Spray Pam on the inside of a glass 9 X 13 inch pan and press all of the ingredients down into the pan so it is like those rice crispy treats with marshmallows.

Cut into 2" X 3" bars and place the container in the fridge. Let the ingredients settle and harden and then you can place individual bars in baggies or???

These are so delicious and sooooooooooo satisfying! They really satisfy the chewing instinct for me!

Additionally, you can substitute different ingredients with dried fruits that you may prefer other than what I may have mentioned.

Another idea that I use for more protein is I take the Greek yogurt and put sprouted wheat berried in it with sunflower seeds. This also adds to the protein content and satisfies the desire for chewing. For me, with yogurt, I don't always feel satisfied. So, adding these few elements really enhances the flavor plus adds some healthy protein and organic ingredients.

Let me know if you use any variations of this recipe and how it turns out! I did give the bars to people at my work and they loved them. These are people who love junk food and do not necessarily like health food! So, that is the taste test for me if they like it!

Gail

From: morehousekristi <birtlovercomcast (DOT) net>Subject: [Dr-Aceves-bandster s] Eating @groups. comDate: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 6:10 PM

Hi allI was sleeved on March 27th 2009 almost 1 month ago. I am down 24 lbs.Now that I am starting to eat normally I am a little nervous. I am afraid of failure. It is definitely a learning curve. A couple of times I have had a little much for my new stomach and it makes you a little uncomfortable, I am going to have to be diligent in my measuring until I can follow my clues better. I don't want to stretch my stomach out.I am noticing my clothes feeling looser, I am going to eventually post photos. Is anybody else a little nervous about eating? And has anybody experienced that just a little bit to much feeling?Thanx Kristi

Guest guest

Been there done that Kristi.... I did that about 6 weeks out with in 2 days of each other.

It took me only twice of actual vomiting to learn that full feeling and to stop before it gets uncomfortable.

I measure out in little 4oz portion cups my food. Now when I get the hiccups or burps I stop eating.

You just have to learn to listen to your body and not your eyes or your head. They will make a liar out of you every time.

Robyn in CO

Eating

• 8 months later...

My sister who is a medical professional, asked me to look up and do research on

the R.A.V.E. diet. I did it just to make her happy. I thought it was going to

just be another diet plan.

Indeed it is a diet plan the rave diet stands for R: no refined foods -- A: no

animal products -- V: no vegetable oils -- E: no exceptions

Sounds pretty much like a strict vegan diet right? That is except the doctors

advocate absolutely no vegetable oils. Ho hum yawn.... but I was looking for a

diet to help my body recover from disease so I purchased the videos put out by

the author entitled 'Eating' and 'Curing Cancer'

I can not say enough how ABSOLUTELY PROFOUND the information was. My husband,

who is an avid meat eater, and I watched glued to our TV for 2 and 1/2 hours.

The information is riveting and life changing. I am not a fanatical person but

if you watch the group of doctors on these videos you will never go back.

Everyone that I have let borrow them has been changed by them.

L:O)

>

> I would like to know if anyone has watched the video " Eating " put out by a

conglomerate of medical professionals on just how powerful toward good health

your diet can be?

>

> L:O)

>

Appreciate the link - just ordered a set that I'm sure I'll be passing around as well.  As if we don't have enough to consider already, you may want to check out the health risks concerning GMO (genetically modified) food/plants/seed.  By the time we eliminate these, there sure isn't much on your plate!

http://www.saynotogmos.org/Warmest Regards,E-Mail: AlpacaAtlantic@...

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM, west612908 <lisamarie322@...> wrote:

My sister who is a medical professional, asked me to look up and do research on the R.A.V.E. diet. I did it just to make her happy. I thought it was going to just be another diet plan.

Indeed it is a diet plan the rave diet stands for R: no refined foods -- A: no animal products -- V: no vegetable oils -- E: no exceptions

Sounds pretty much like a strict vegan diet right? That is except the doctors advocate absolutely no vegetable oils. Ho hum yawn.... but I was looking for a diet to help my body recover from disease so I purchased the videos put out by the author entitled 'Eating' and 'Curing Cancer'

I can not say enough how ABSOLUTELY PROFOUND the information was. My husband, who is an avid meat eater, and I watched glued to our TV for 2 and 1/2 hours. The information is riveting and life changing. I am not a fanatical person but if you watch the group of doctors on these videos you will never go back. Everyone that I have let borrow them has been changed by them.

L:O)

>

> I would like to know if anyone has watched the video " Eating " put out by a conglomerate of medical professionals on just how powerful toward good health your diet can be?

>

> L:O)

>

• 9 months later...

Well tonight was a really rough dinner. I was hungry and started out eating and

chewed my food. I ate about 6 bites then started to feel very uncomfortable in

the chest and back. Oh, no I think I ate too fast or didn't chew or the food

just didn't sit well with me and I threw my supper up..At first it was just

coming back up but the pain in my chest got worse than I threw up. That was

really bad, I never want to experience that again. What are your thoughts? What

did I do wrong? I am only 7 weeks post op so I am still getting used to my

sleeve and just starting to have real foods.

Thanks