RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

sleeve stretching

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching. I

realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any one out

there with a sleeve long term?

Guest guest

He removes about 85% of your stomach, how much can it stretch?  It will never be anywhere near close to what it was.On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:19 AM, azarellanos <azarellanos@...> wrote:

I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching. I realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any one out there with a sleeve long term?

Guest guest

I think you have some wrong information. When they are talking about stretching they are referring to Bypass. The Sleeve does NOT stretch. I am glad you know it is a tool. Just like any tool you can misuse it. It will be up to you to eat healthy things and if you eat too much then you will NEVER be successful at any weight loss surgery. You have to take control over your eating and what you are putting into your body-you will never be able to eat like you use to and that is a fact. With a stomach that will only hold 6 to 8 oz believe me you will know when you are full and it is UP TO YOU to listen to that and STOP eating. I believe that the sleeve is truly the best option you can have.

Dr, A is wonderful and when you go to his hospital he will answer all your questions. He does a lot of surgeries, sees a lot of patients everyday and I am sure he doesn't have the time to talk to everyone who wants to talk with him. He really will spend all the time you need answering all your questions. I think it is great that you have been doing some research, but you have to be careful about what you are reading and understanding that you are ready ONLY about the VSG or the Sleeve as we call it.

I hope that helps you,

Suzanne

In a message dated 1/4/2010 11:17:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, azarellanos@... writes:

I'm just reasearching what the complications and long term success is before I have a surgery. One of the obstacles some websites have indicated is stretching (from overeating) and weight gain due to the stretching (and eating). I was hoping that those who have had the sleeve may be better able to answer this than a website. I realize 85% of the stomach is removed but some sources say there are some issues out there with the remaining 15% stretching. I also know wls is just a tool to help but I don't want to undergo surgery (and the risks that come with it) for something, such as stretching-If stretching could be an easy thing to do. I have only turned to this group for help. I have talked with someone from Dr Aceves's office but sure wish there were a way to talk to him directly. > > >> >> > I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching.> > I realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any> > one out there with a sleeve long term?> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I'm just reasearching what the complications and long term success is before I

have a surgery. One of the obstacles some websites have indicated is stretching

(from overeating) and weight gain due to the stretching (and eating). I was

hoping that those who have had the sleeve may be better able to answer this than

a website. I realize 85% of the stomach is removed but some sources say there

are some issues out there with the remaining 15% stretching. I also know wls is

just a tool to help but I don't want to undergo surgery (and the risks that come

with it) for something, such as stretching-If stretching could be an easy thing

to do. I have only turned to this group for help. I have talked with someone

from Dr Aceves's office but sure wish there were a way to talk to him directly.

>

> >

> >

> > I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching.

> > I realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any

> > one out there with a sleeve long term?

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

The real key here isn't overeating, it's what we are eating.  If you live on chocolate milk and candy bars you aren't going to lose and you'll possibly gain, but if you eat your protein first you won't have room for anything else.

The surgery really does take care of quantity for you.  Let's say it stretches out 50% (from the small banana size) that would mean you could eat 4.5-5.0oz of solid protein.  See what I mean?  I think you have to think in terms of quality of food after surgery and not quantity.  Quantity is already taken care of, even if you could stretch it out.

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM, azarellanos <azarellanos@...> wrote:

I'm just reasearching what the complications and long term success is before I have a surgery. One of the obstacles some websites have indicated is stretching (from overeating) and weight gain due to the stretching (and eating). I was hoping that those who have had the sleeve may be better able to answer this than a website. I realize 85% of the stomach is removed but some sources say there are some issues out there with the remaining 15% stretching. I also know wls is just a tool to help but I don't want to undergo surgery (and the risks that come with it) for something, such as stretching-If stretching could be an easy thing to do. I have only turned to this group for help. I have talked with someone from Dr Aceves's office but sure wish there were a way to talk to him directly.

>

> >

> >

> > I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching.

> > I realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any

> > one out there with a sleeve long term?

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I am curious about this as well. I had my sleeve on 10/16/09 and can honestly say at this stage in the game I am seriously wondering if I made the right decision. This has by far been the hardest thing I have ever done. This has been harder than working full time, while going to school full time, commuting to school one hour each way, being married and maintaining a home for 2 and a half years. If I am going through all of this hell for my stomach to stretch back out then I am going to need therapy. LOTS OF THERAPY, VERY EXPENSIVE THERAPY. I realize as you do that this surgery is a tool and that I should not over eat, but I would like some statistics or more information on how often stretching of the stomach after the sleeve occurs.

From: azarellanos <azarellanos@...>Subject: Re: sleeve stretching Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:30 PM

I'm just reasearching what the complications and long term success is before I have a surgery. One of the obstacles some websites have indicated is stretching (from overeating) and weight gain due to the stretching (and eating). I was hoping that those who have had the sleeve may be better able to answer this than a website. I realize 85% of the stomach is removed but some sources say there are some issues out there with the remaining 15% stretching. I also know wls is just a tool to help but I don't want to undergo surgery (and the risks that come with it) for something, such as stretching-If stretching could be an easy thing to do. I have only turned to this group for help. I have talked with someone from Dr Aceves's office but sure wish there were a way to talk to him directly. > > >> >> > I'm considering the sleeve but I'm concerned about the stomach stretching.> > I realize it is caused from over eating but how common is it? Is there any> > one out there with a sleeve long term?> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I think your are over thinking and reading too much into what uneducated people are asking. The sleeve will NOT stretch out. You know how much food you are putting in your new small stomach. Part of your success is you being in control of the food, not the food being in control of you. Make sure you eat the protein first! Use your tool the way you it was suppose to be used, by eating health foods. Maybe you need to ask for a little help with trying to do all the things you are doing. I think as Mom's we try to do it ALL and it is ok to ask for help. Make sure you take care of yourself first and then you can help the people around you.

Suzanne

In a message dated 1/4/2010 10:21:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jbriannewilliams@... writes:

I am curious about this as well. I had my sleeve on 10/16/09 and can honestly say at this stage in the game I am seriously wondering if I made the right decision. This has by far been the hardest thing I have ever done. This has been harder than working full time, while going to school full time, commuting to school one hour each way, being married and maintaining a home for 2 and a half years. If I am going through all of this hell for my stomach to stretch back out then I am going to need therapy. LOTS OF THERAPY, VERY EXPENSIVE THERAPY. I realize as you do that this surgery is a tool and that I should not over eat, but I would like some statistics or more information on how often stretching of the stomach after the sleeve occurs.

From: azarellanos <azarellanos >Subject: Re: sleeve stretching Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:30 PM

Guest guest

I have haad my sleeve since March of 08. I went to Mexico wearing a size 32 pants weighing 378 lbs. I am now at a size 10 and weighing about 170 (my batteries died in my scale last week). I would not do anything any diffrent it has been a god send! I am still loosing weight just 2-3 lbs a month but still loosing. Use it as a tool and you will be fine it is not a fix all it still takes work, BUT IT IS WORTH IT !!!! Marie Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

From: "SuzanneSH@..." <SuzanneSH@...> Sent: Tue, January 5, 2010 1:36:45 AMSubject: Re: sleeve stretching

I think your are over thinking and reading too much into what uneducated people are asking. The sleeve will NOT stretch out. You know how much food you are putting in your new small stomach. Part of your success is you being in control of the food, not the food being in control of you. Make sure you eat the protein first! Use your tool the way you it was suppose to be used, by eating health foods. Maybe you need to ask for a little help with trying to do all the things you are doing. I think as Mom's we try to do it ALL and it is ok to ask for help. Make sure you take care of yourself first and then you can help the people around you.

Suzanne

In a message dated 1/4/2010 10:21:02 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, jbriannewilliams writes:

From: azarellanos <azarellanos>Subject: Re: sleeve stretching @groups. comDate: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:30 PM