RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: NSV List

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kelli, Congrat's on the Levi's! Aren't NSV's great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have experienced... 1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son 2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband 3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me 4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down 5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down 6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded 7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and

puffing when I finish but I still FINISHED) 8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather than pretending to fasten it all the way around 9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning sideways 10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave myself up using the couch or something 11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom 12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my classroom 13. Just being able to cross my legs 14. Being able to cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want to do this anyway!!! lol) 15. Being able

to put my purse in the car seat right next to my rather than on the floor or in my lap 16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10 17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be miserable 18. Being able to dress more feminine 19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras 20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!) 21. Someone saying, "I can't believe you ever had a weight problem!" 22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still reading this!!!) 23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children 24. Being the smallest of my siblings when I have always been the largest! 25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling after a meal 26. Not spending much money on food 27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, "My God! Look at that fat woman!" I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV"s almost happen daily if you sit down and think about them. I saw a shirt the other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said, "The Joy is in the Journey". I have to agree with that. This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I would

still do every bit of this all over again. Sure I had a few rough days there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days when I have had over 7 months of good days? Take care and keep in touch! Jenni Currie Kelli <psichikel@...> wrote: Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say that for those of you just starting out with the band,

enjoy the small NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more! So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they all help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge. When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are all GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are times I'll be the "lurker" of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....Kelli

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

Jenni, can I

use your list on my web site and give you credit? I love the list and I might

add a few to it. Let me know!

M

DOB

3/1/05

280/160/160

at GOAL!

5ft

6in, Size 8

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006

5:36 PM

Subject: Re:

NSV List

Kelli,

Congrat's on the Levi's! Aren't NSV's

great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that

make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the

top of my head that I have experienced...

1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son

2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband

3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather

than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me

4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down

5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down

6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded

7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and puffing when I finish

but I still FINISHED)

8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather

than pretending to fasten

it all the way around

9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning

sideways

10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave

myself up using the couch or something

11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom

12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my

classroom

13. Just being able to cross my legs

14. Being able to cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that

foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want

to do this anyway!!! lol)

15. Being able to put my purse in the car seat right next to my

rather than on the floor or in my lap

16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10

17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be

miserable

18. Being able to dress more feminine

19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras

20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!)

21. Someone saying, " I can't believe you ever had a weight

problem! "

22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still

reading this!!!)

23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children

24. Being the smallest of my siblings when I have always been the

largest!

25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling

after a meal

26. Not spending much money on food

27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING

AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, " My God! Look at

that fat woman! "

I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV " s almost

happen daily if you sit down and think about them. I saw a shirt the

other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise

clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said,

" The Joy is in the Journey " . I have to agree with that.

This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie

changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my

life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I

would still do every bit of this all over again. Sure I had a few rough days

there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days

when I have had over 7 months of good days?

Take care and keep in touch!

Jenni Currie

Kelli

<psichikelsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Hey Everyone, it's the

Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say

that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the small

NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering

wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block

without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting

into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more!

So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they all

help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge.

When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards

my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are all

GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are

times I'll be the " lurker " of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from

everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....

Kelli

Get your own web

address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help.

Small Business.

Guest guest

Sure you can . Are you going to edit it??? lol or shall I send pic....no, never mind!!! Jenni Mills <tracy@...> wrote: Jenni, can I use your list on my web site and give you credit? I love the list and I might add a few to it. Let me

know! MDOB

3/1/05280/160/160 at GOAL!5ft 6in, Size 8http://www.tracyslapband.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J CurrieSent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:36 PM Subject: Re: NSV List Kelli, Congrat's on the Levi's! Aren't NSV's great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have experienced... 1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son 2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband 3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me 4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down 5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down 6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded 7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and puffing when I finish but I still FINISHED) 8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather than pretending to fasten it all the way around 9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning sideways 10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave myself up using the

couch or something 11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom 12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my classroom 13. Just being able to cross my

legs 14. Being able to cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want to do this anyway!!! lol) 15. Being able to put my purse in the car seat right next to my rather than on the floor or in my lap 16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10 17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be miserable 18. Being able to dress more feminine 19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras 20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!) 21. Someone saying, "I can't believe you ever had a weight problem!" 22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still reading this!!!) 23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children 24. Being the smallest of my siblings when I have always been the largest! 25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling after a meal 26. Not spending much money on food 27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, "My God! Look at that fat woman!" I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV"s almost happen daily if you sit down and think about them. I saw a shirt the other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said, "The Joy is in the Journey". I have to agree with that. This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I would still do every bit of this all over again. Sure I had a few rough days there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days when I have had over 7 months of good days? Take care and keep in touch! Jenni Currie Kelli

<psichikelsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the small NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more! So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they all help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge. When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards my goal...so please share!!! No success

is too little...they are all GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are times I'll be the "lurker" of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....Kelli Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st

yr. We'll help. Small Business.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Wow, that is a great list! I can relate to most of these, some I'll

have to wait awhile to get to like a size 8 or 10 but I am happy

with a size 18-20 right now. I like crossing my legs as well without

having my hand hold the leg up. I love buying clothes that I want to

wear and not having to settle for what is my size. Great list, let's

see if people can add to the list and we can send it around perhaps

to other bandsters online. :) Kelli

> Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just

want to say

> that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the

small

> NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the

steering

> wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the

block

> without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now

fitting

> into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or

more!

> So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they

all

> help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the

bulge.

> When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder

towards

> my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are

all

> GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there

are

> times I'll be the " lurker " of the group...but I do enjoy hearing

from

> everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....

>

> Kelli

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help.

Small Business.

>

Guest guest

I love that list. I am printing it right now.

Kira

---- Kelli <psichikel@...> wrote:

> Wow, that is a great list! I can relate to most of these, some I'll

> have to wait awhile to get to like a size 8 or 10 but I am happy

> with a size 18-20 right now. I like crossing my legs as well without

> having my hand hold the leg up. I love buying clothes that I want to

> wear and not having to settle for what is my size. Great list, let's

> see if people can add to the list and we can send it around perhaps

> to other bandsters online. :) Kelli

>

>

>

> > Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just

> want to say

> > that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the

> small

> > NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the

> steering

> > wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the

> block

> > without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now

> fitting

> > into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or

> more!

> > So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they

> all

> > help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the

> bulge.

> > When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder

> towards

> > my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are

> all

> > GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there

> are

> > times I'll be the " lurker " of the group...but I do enjoy hearing

> from

> > everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....

> >

> > Kelli

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help.

> Small Business.

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I have another NSV as of this morning. I actually bought a pair of boots that zip up the calf. AND THEY ZIP!!! I haven't worn boots like this since I was about 8 years old!!! My calves have always been too fat and even if I could have zipped them up it would have looked like I was smuggling sausages or something! Maybe I'll wear these in my next picture update. Jenni Mills <tracy@...> wrote: Jenni, can I use your list on my web site and give you credit? I love the list and I might add a few to it. Let me know!

MDOB 3/1/05280/160/160 at GOAL!5ft 6in, Size 8http://www.tracyslapband.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J CurrieSent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:36 PM Subject:

Re: NSV List Kelli, Congrat's on the Levi's! Aren't NSV's great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have experienced... 1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son 2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband 3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me 4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down 5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down 6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded 7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and puffing when I finish but I still FINISHED) 8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather than pretending to fasten it all the way around 9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning sideways 10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave myself up using the couch or something 11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom 12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my classroom 13. Just being able to cross my legs 14. Being able to cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want to do this anyway!!! lol) 15. Being able to put my purse

in the car seat right next to my rather than on the floor or in my lap 16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10 17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be miserable 18. Being able to dress more feminine 19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras 20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!) 21. Someone saying, "I can't believe you

ever had a weight problem!" 22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still reading this!!!) 23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children 24. Being the smallest of my

siblings when I have always been the largest! 25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling after a meal 26. Not spending much money on food 27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING

LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, "My God! Look at that fat woman!" I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV"s almost happen daily if you sit down and think about them. I saw a shirt the other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said, "The Joy is in the Journey". I have to agree with that. This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I would still do every bit of this all

over again. Sure I had a few rough days there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days when I have had over 7 months of good days? Take care and keep in touch! Jenni Currie Kelli <psichikelsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the small NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more! So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or

great they all help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge. When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are all GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are times I'll be the "lurker" of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....Kelli Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

Jenni, that is great. Congratulations. I know of what you speak.

Even at my weight I insist on having a pair of boots. The ordeal to

get them on is a cross between fantasy and circus like acts. I

can't wait to be able to just zip those bad boys up.

Congratulations. You give me and my boots hope!

DOB 9/25/06

241/226/145

>

want to say

small

steering

block

fitting

more!

all

bulge.

towards

all

are

from

>

> Kelli

>

>

>

>

>

>

Small Business.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Small Business.

>

Guest guest

Jenni, I loved this one with the boots, This is the one I had in mind when I started this journey, isn't that silly. I thought, yep, that's when I know I have lost, when I can get a pair of those boots on... Karol J Currie <giftedtch@...> wrote: I have another NSV as of this morning. I actually bought a pair of boots that zip up the calf. AND THEY ZIP!!! I haven't worn boots like this since I was about 8 years old!!! My calves

have always been too fat and even if I could have zipped them up it would have looked like I was smuggling sausages or something! Maybe I'll wear these in my next picture update. Jenni Mills <tracytracyslapband> wrote: Jenni, can I use your list on my web site and give you credit? I love the list and I might add a few to it. Let me know! MDOB 3/1/05280/160/160 at GOAL!5ft 6in, Size

8http://www.tracyslapband.com From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of J CurrieSent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:36 PM Subject: Re: NSV List Kelli, Congrat's on the Levi's!

Aren't NSV's great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have experienced... 1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son 2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband 3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me 4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down 5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down 6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded 7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and puffing when I finish but I still FINISHED) 8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather than pretending to

fasten it all the way around 9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning sideways 10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave myself up using the couch or something 11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom 12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my classroom 13. Just being able to cross my legs 14. Being able to

cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want to do this anyway!!! lol) 15. Being able to put my purse in the car seat right next to my rather than on the floor or in my lap 16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10 17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be miserable 18. Being able to dress more feminine 19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras 20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!) 21. Someone saying, "I can't believe you ever had a weight problem!" 22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still reading this!!!) 23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children 24. Being the smallest of my siblings when I have always been the largest! 25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling after a meal 26. Not spending much money on food 27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, "My God! Look at that fat woman!" I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV"s almost happen daily if you sit down and think about

them. I saw a shirt the other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said, "The Joy is in the Journey". I have to agree with that. This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I would still do every bit of this all over again. Sure I had a few rough days there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days when I have had over 7 months of good days? Take care and keep in

touch! Jenni Currie Kelli <psichikelsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the small NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more! So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they all help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge. When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are all GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are times I'll be the "lurker" of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from everyone. Take Care and get out there and

share....Kelli Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business. Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

OK, now I'm jealous!LOL

When and Amy and I went shopping at the mall last September up

in Washington, I decided to try on some boots, too. Guess what?

Still couldn't zip them up! Oh well, I still have 25-30 lbs to go

but really, I'm not sure they will even zip up then! It was that

far off! I have always used the excuse that I used to dance ballet--

-Many, many years ago-- but I'm sure that is not all muscle still.

hehehe.

Seriously, that is a great NSV!

Penny

>

want to say

small

steering

block

fitting

more!

all

bulge.

towards

all

are

from

>

> Kelli

>

>

>

>

>

>

Small Business.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Small Business.

>

Guest guest

Congrats Jenni!! I got your email and have been slammed getting ready to leave in the morning. We will have to get together when I get back we are so cloase to each other...Wish me luck and keep me in your thought and prayers. Gotta go 4am will come early and haven't even packed yet..

Hugs to all!

Kristi~

"48 hours to be a bandster" :)

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J CurrieSent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:57 AM Subject: RE: NSV List

I have another NSV as of this morning. I actually bought a pair of boots that zip up the calf. AND THEY ZIP!!! I haven't worn boots like this since I was about 8 years old!!! My calves have always been too fat and even if I could have zipped them up it would have looked like I was smuggling sausages or something! Maybe I'll wear these in my next picture update.

Jenni Mills <tracytracyslapband> wrote:

Jenni, can I use your list on my web site and give you credit? I love the list and I might add a few to it. Let me know!

MDOB 3/1/05280/160/160 at GOAL!5ft 6in, Size 8http://www.tracyslapband.com

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of J CurrieSent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 5:36 PM Subject: Re: NSV List

Kelli,

Congrat's on the Levi's! Aren't NSV's great? Sure, watching the scale move down is fun but it is the NSV's that make life great! Here are just a few of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I have experienced...

1. Wearing hand-me-down jeans from my 15 year old son

2. Wearing a smaller size shirt/shorts/pants than my husband

3. Being able to wrap up in a bath towel after my shower (rather than a beach towel) and it wraps all the way around me

4. Being able to feel my rib cage when I lay down

5. Being able to feel my hip bones when I lay down

6. Being able to walk for miles without getting winded

7. Being able to swim a mile (huffing and puffing when I finish but I still FINISHED)

8. Being able to tighten the seatbelt on the airplane seat rather than pretending to fasten it all the way around

9. Being able to walk through a turnstyle without turning sideways

10. Being able to get up off the floor without having to heave myself up using the couch or something

11. Being able to fit in a student desk in my classroom

12. Being able to cross my legs under the student desk in my classroom

13. Just being able to cross my legs

14. Being able to cross one leg over the other AND then tuck that foot behind my calf (and then wondering why in the hell anyone would ever want to do this anyway!!! lol)

15. Being able to put my purse in the car seat right next to my rather than on the floor or in my lap

16. Going from a tight size 24 to a normal fighting 8 or 10

17. Being able to wear shoes with high heals and not be miserable

18. Being able to dress more feminine

19. Being able to buy normal, size 34-36 B bras

20. Having to have jewelry sized (even bracelets!!!)

21. Someone saying, "I can't believe you ever had a weight problem!"

22. Sex is more fun (just checking to see if you are still reading this!!!)

23. Not feeling like an embarassment to my children

24. Being the smallest of my siblings when I have always been the largest!

25. Not ever feeling that stuffed, overeaten, sickning feeling after a meal

26. Not spending much money on food

27. And last, but Not least, NOT FEELING LIKE EVERYONE IS STARING AT ME WHEN I WALK INTO A ROOM AND THINKING, "My God! Look at that fat woman!"

I could probably go on and on and on. The NSV"s almost happen daily if you sit down and think about them. I saw a shirt the other day as I was having to purchase some exercise clothes (yes, exercise clothes....ME buying exercise clothes is a NSV in itself!!!) that said, "The Joy is in the Journey". I have to agree with that. This journey has been very enjoyable and full of rewards and postivie changes. I cannot imagine life without a band at this point in my life. Although I have had to have mine deflated for the time being, I would still do every bit of this all over again. Sure I had a few rough days there with a too-tight fill but how could I ever complain about 10 or 11 days when I have had over 7 months of good days?

Take care and keep in touch!

Jenni Currie

Kelli <psichikelsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Hey Everyone, it's the Levi's girl..hehehe. Hey, I just want to say that for those of you just starting out with the band, enjoy the small NSVs. I know my first NSV was not feeling my belly hit the steering wheel, tying shoes without needing oxygen tank, walking down the block without huffing and puffing wishing I had an oxygen tank, now fitting into normal jeans for once in a very long time...like 15yrs or more! So, share with us your Non-Scale Victories, small or great they all help us realize what our goals are in this battle against the bulge. When I hear of everyone elses success, it makes me work harder towards my goal...so please share!!! No success is too little...they are all GREAT!!!! I've been off and on the board since banded, and there are times I'll be the "lurker" of the group...but I do enjoy hearing from everyone. Take Care and get out there and share....Kelli

Guest guest

Jenni:

I have NEVER owned a pair of zip up boots. That has been my NSV

dream to be able to wear zip-up boots. But, I want to add something

else to that.....high-heeled zip-up boots. I long to wear high-heels

again. It's around the corner...I feel it. And, I just was able to

put on a ring that I haven't been able to wear for 8 years. YEAH!!!

Eileen

Seattle

DOB 5/12/06

280/244/155

>

> I have another NSV as of this morning. I actually bought a pair of

boots that zip up the calf. AND THEY ZIP!!! I haven't worn boots

like this since I was about 8 years old!!! My calves have always

been too fat and even if I could have zipped them up it would have

looked like I was smuggling sausages or something! Maybe I'll wear

these in my next picture update.

>