RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Ice cubes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a friend I used to work with who had the open RNY that did have an iron

deficiency and she was CONSTANTLY chomping on ice cubes. Fixed the iron problem

and viola! The ice cube crushing went away!

in MN

Guest guest

> > > How well does Vita Mix chew up ice cubes into crushed ice? Anybody?> > > > > > > > Thanks, Trisha, but I've been scouring the web sites on blenders all day, and I finally bought the Blendtek with the 4" blade. An independent comparison showed the big blade blowing everything else off the map. The Vita Mix needed to have the stuff shoved down with the tool that comes with it, but the Blendek just blew it all away without any help. The bowl that comes with it has a very large bottom area, so all the stuff can fall down there right into the big blade and not get hung up at the top and need to be shoved down. Zips it right up.I know, it's kinda traitorous, but I had to go with that. ... > > > > > >>

Guest guest

My findings after extensive research (months) of comparing the two top blenders (blendtec and vitamix) was that vitamix works a little better for finely chopping due to the sharper blades. The larger and more dull blade design is more effecient at busting up pieces of food but has a shorter "roof" on how fine it can blend. In the end I chose vitamix due to a longer warranty (7 yr vs 5 yr), more solid built motor (confirmed by those who have dismantled both units), tamper (which is needed, regardless of blender, for some things), and how long they've

been in business (since 1930's!). I was also not impressed with the gimmicky nature of their advertisements. I also had some long term experience as my father has owned a vitamix for the last 17 years and used it daily without a single issue. Either machine will do a fantastic job. Can't really go wrong either way. But to say ones performance blows the other off the map reeks of uneducated or deliberate bias. " Thanks, Trisha, but I've been scouring the web sites on blenders all day, and I finally bought the

Blendtek with the 4" blade. An independent comparison showed the big blade blowing everything else off the map. The Vita Mix needed to have the stuff shoved down with the tool that comes with it, but the Blendek just blew it all away without any help. The bowl that comes with it has a very large bottom area, so all the stuff can fall down there right into the big blade and not get hung up at the top and need to be shoved down. Zips it right up.I know, it's kinda traitorous, but I had to go with that. ... "

Guest guest

I bought a BlendTec, after my VitaMix, because it didn't have a tamper. I was going to move the VitaMix to the upstairs bar. I returned the BlendTec, because it needs a tamper. I could also not duplicate any of the tests I saw online, where the BlendTec put performed the VitaMix.On May 30, 2012, at 3:32 PM, " Homsey" <rhomsey2000@...> wrote: My findings after extensive research (months) of comparing the two top blenders (blendtec and vitamix) was that vitamix works a little better for finely chopping due to the sharper blades. The larger and more dull blade design is more effecient at busting up pieces of food but has a shorter "roof" on how fine it can blend. In the end I chose vitamix due to a longer warranty (7 yr vs 5 yr), more solid built motor (confirmed by those who have dismantled both units), tamper (which is needed, regardless of blender, for some things), and how long they'vebeen in business (since 1930's!). I was also not impressed with the gimmicky nature of their advertisements. I also had some long term experience as my father has owned a vitamix for the last 17 years and used it daily without a single issue. Either machine will do a fantastic job. Can't really go wrong either way. But to say ones performance blows the other off the map reeks of uneducated or deliberate bias. " Thanks, Trisha, but I've been scouring the web sites on blenders all day, and I finally bought theBlendtek with the 4" blade. An independent comparison showed the big blade blowing everything else off the map. The Vita Mix needed to have the stuff shoved down with the tool that comes with it, but the Blendek just blew it all away without any help. The bowl that comes with it has a very large bottom area, so all the stuff can fall down there right into the big blade and not get hung up at the top and need to be shoved down. Zips it right up.I know, it's kinda traitorous, but I had to go with that. ... "

Guest guest

Hello Ron,I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you simply had a temporary lapse in judgement rather than an intent to put down the machine that this list was created to promote.There are over 2,500 Vitamix owners here who are looking for ways to get the most use out of their machines. There are also Blendtec owners on this list and they are welcome. Blendtec owners can benefit from most of our discussions, but it is not necessary or right on THIS list to disparage the Vitamix. Let's keep our positive focus on the Vitamix, and our positive regard for our list mates who are Blendtec owners. Aside from how to maximize the use of our Vitamix machines, this list was also created to help people improve their health - this can be accomplished with both machines.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)www.BlenderLady.com(AKA the Vitamix Lady :-)<:)))><

On May 30, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Ron wrote:

> > > How well does Vita Mix chew up ice cubes into crushed ice? Anybody?> > > > > > > > Thanks, Trisha, but I've been scouring the web sites on blenders all day, and I finally bought the Blendtek with the 4" blade. An independent comparison showed the big blade blowing everything else off the map. The Vita Mix needed to have the stuff shoved down with the tool that comes with it, but the Blendek just blew it all away without any help. The bowl that comes with it has a very large bottom area, so all the stuff can fall down there right into the big blade and not get hung up at the top and need to be shoved down. Zips it right up.I know, it's kinda traitorous, but I had to go with that. ... > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hope you love it!Sent from my iPadOn May 30, 2012, at 2:42 PM, "Ron" <rmitch143@...> wrote:

=

Guest guest

I fixed hubby some "VM snow" the other day which he wanted to pour

something over and it worked just find without adding water. I put

in the cubes, put lid on with the plunger and turned it on and went

up to high, and pushed the plunger down all 4 corners and it was

snow in just seconds. I had to move fast to hit all 4 corners before

it was done.

VElda

On 5/30/2012 8:43 AM, Trisha wrote:

Hi Ron. The vitamix is amazing at ice crushing. Just fill

with water over the ice & don't blink, or you'll miss it.

Amazingly quick. There are a few YouTube videos on this, if you

want to check it out.

Trish

Sent from my iPad

On May 30, 2012, at 10:38 AM, "Ron" <rmitch143@...>

wrote:

How well does Vita Mix chew up ice cubes into crushed

ice? Anybody?

=