RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

checking in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If it weighed your husband 7 lbs heavier also, I would say it is the new scale more than anything either of you have done or not done, so I would just log the new weight and go from there. Unless you go to WW or anything else that you use for your WIs.

Enjoy the exercise bike!

checking in

I thought I would say hello.. things here have been going ok.. I bought a scale today and weight. It said I was back up 7 lbs, I am not freaking out.. I have stayed on plan, this is a new scale and not the one I weigh on. it also weight my husband 7 lbs heaver too? I also got an exercise bike.. I like it, I did 20 minutes today.. it isn't easy but it is a start.. I know we all can do this.. it may be a very scary thing but I have come to the point where I am ready for the world to meet the me that has been hiding inside for all my life.. I am ready to play with my kids, and dance with my husband without feeling like I do now..

Blessing and laughter to you all

Betty Jo

Guest guest

Congrats Betty Jo! Both on the lbs gone and riding on the bike! I know as having started over 300 lbs that it is not easy and you just have to do what you can as you build up strength and lose some weight in the process.

Hugs,

checking in

Good morning all you great people.. :) I hope you are all doing fine.. I have to admit that for the past few days I have just been blah.. I have been down on my self and hateful to everyone else.. Mainly because I realize that the choices I have made in my life is why I weigh what I weigh and to become healthy I will have to work at it for ever.. I have to give credit where it is due and God has helped me a lot. But I am learning that it doesn't matter what plan we use it will only work if we truly stick to it..

I weight yesterday and have loss 2lbs. I was just upset with my self that, I only lost 2 lbs in a week.. but I have went from 329 to 320 in three weeks.. that isn't bad at all.. But the big news almost two weeks ago I bought myself an exercise bike from Walmart.. it has eight set work outs on it.. the first is only 20 minutes but you go up to a resistance of 5 and have to stay at 12 mph.. when I first got the bike I couldn't do it. so I have just been riding it and had got up to riding it about 30 minutes a day with the resistance up to 3 in some of that.. anyway I did it today.. I did the first work out.. all the way.. :) I am so happy and proud I didn't give up.. it was hard and I got hot.. but I just kept going.. Which is what we have to do keep going..

Keep up all the good work.. and when you fall down give a shout out.. someone here will be more than happy to give you a hand to help you up..

Blessings to you all

Betty jo

Guest guest

Congrats Betty Jo!!! You are doing great! And If it counts for anything Im super

proud of u with the exercise Bike. You felt great afterwards didnt you?! made

all that bein mad just melt away. I know it did. Keep up the wonderful work : )

On a side note my middle name is Jo to.

Jo : )

Guest guest

Hey Jo. :) I do feel great in doing it.. I am not going to try and do it every day.. not for now.. just every other day.. :) I am proud of me too not mad any more well not as mad.. :) Thanks so much for the support..

Betty jo

From: Cookiebd <cookiebd83@...>100-plus Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 2:02:52 PMSubject: Re: checking in

Congrats Betty Jo!!! You are doing great! And If it counts for anything Im super proud of u with the exercise Bike. You felt great afterwards didnt you?! made all that bein mad just melt away. I know it did. Keep up the wonderful work : )On a side note my middle name is Jo to. Jo : )

Guest guest

You've done great Betty Jo! So often we try something and just give up when we

can't do what we think we ought to be able to do.

You worked through that and have succeeded, you have a right to feel Proud!

Congrats!

fireangel

>

> Good morning all you great people.. :) I hope you are all doing fine.. I have

to admit that for the past few days I have just been blah.. I have been down on

my self and hateful to everyone else.. Mainly because I realize that the choices

I have made in my life is why I weigh what I weigh and to become healthy I will

have to work at it for ever.. I have to give credit where it is due and God has

helped me a lot. But I am learning that it doesn't matter what plan we use it

will only work if we truly stick to it..

>

> I weight yesterday and have loss 2lbs. I was just upset with my self that, I

only lost 2 lbs in a week.. but I have went from 329 to 320 in three weeks..

that isn't bad at all.. But the big news almost two weeks ago I bought myself an

exercise bike from Walmart.. it has eight set work outs on it.. the first is

only 20 minutes but you go up to a resistance of 5 and have to stay at 12 mph..

when I first got the bike I couldn't do it. so I have just been riding it and

had got up to riding it about 30 minutes a day with the resistance up to 3 in

some of that.. anyway I did it today.. I did the first work out.. all the way..

:) I am so happy and proud I didn't give up.. it was hard and I got hot.. but I

just kept going.. Which is what we have to do keep going..

>

> Keep up all the good work.. and when you fall down give a shout out.. someone

here will be more than happy to give you a hand to help you up..

>

> Blessings to you all

> Betty jo

>

Guest guest

You are a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

ann marie

From: ferminadaza3 <ferminadaza3@...>Subject: checking in Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 5:42 PM

hi, just a quick hello and a reconnect and update. i've had my lap band for 3 years in june and i have successfully kept 185 lbs. off. i am still 201 lbs! but, my mind will not allow me to go lower for now and i am happy and healthy and completely happy with my weight. i went through a horrible "head" struggle and might have needed counseling, but i could not bring myself to go for one reason.NO ONE has any idea what it is like to lose 185 lbs. what it is like to be almost 400 and go to 200........they just dont know and they can stamp me and label me with 100 different diagnoses but i believe it just took TIME for my head to catch up. time to realize i was "worth" dressing nice. i had a horrible time accepting these girls who get the band, lose 40lbs and slap themselves in bikinis all over the place (as if i care) my surgery was for my health so that i could live to see my daughter grow up.......... it was MORE TO ME than wearing

some stupid thong or looking sexy......but what i have learned is that your head will catch up, you will eventually feel 'worthy' and when it happens, it is a gentle and beautiful transition that leaves you feeling very free and happy very deep within yourself. when i came here to ask about how i was feeling, a lot of people said "oh you need this or that or this" and i am coming back tonight to say what i needed was time for my head to catch up to the massive changes i have made (and kept).....i feel i have conquered so much. i am no longer a prisoner of food. i am no longer a prisoner of a lot of things. i believe my opinion matters and i believe my journey is insightful and will help someone else and so i am writing this today!!!! i am so grateful to dr. aceves and his team.. and frankly, he saved my life.i still cheat. i still walk every single day come rain or snow, i still second guess my opinion, i still change clothes 100

times to make sure nothing i wear looks offensive... .but each day it gets easier and each day i feel prouder of myself.my daughter is starting med school in the fall (she is interested in gastrointestinal medicine!) and i will be front row, center at her graduation where she is valedictorian. i would have never lived to see her do these things....and i remember that when i have something stuck, or i have had a bad cheat day......... ...i am very grateful to be alive.mina

Guest guest

Congratulations Mina on your revelation! I have just started my journey, so your words are very encouraging to me! Thanks for letting us newbies know that at the end, we will be ok...

Chrysi

From: ferminadaza3@...Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:42:51 +0000Subject: checking in

hi, just a quick hello and a reconnect and update. i've had my lap band for 3 years in june and i have successfully kept 185 lbs. off. i am still 201 lbs! but, my mind will not allow me to go lower for now and i am happy and healthy and completely happy with my weight. i went through a horrible "head" struggle and might have needed counseling, but i could not bring myself to go for one reason.NO ONE has any idea what it is like to lose 185 lbs. what it is like to be almost 400 and go to 200........they just dont know and they can stamp me and label me with 100 different diagnoses but i believe it just took TIME for my head to catch up. time to realize i was "worth" dressing nice. i had a horrible time accepting these girls who get the band, lose 40lbs and slap themselves in bikinis all over the place (as if i care) my surgery was for my health so that i could live to see my daughter grow up..........it was MORE TO ME than wearing some stupid thong or looking sexy......but what i have learned is that your head will catch up, you will eventually feel 'worthy' and when it happens, it is a gentle and beautiful transition that leaves you feeling very free and happy very deep within yourself. when i came here to ask about how i was feeling, a lot of people said "oh you need this or that or this" and i am coming back tonight to say what i needed was time for my head to catch up to the massive changes i have made (and kept).....i feel i have conquered so much. i am no longer a prisoner of food. i am no longer a prisoner of a lot of things. i believe my opinion matters and i believe my journey is insightful and will help someone else and so i am writing this today!!!! i am so grateful to dr. aceves and his team.. and frankly, he saved my life.i still cheat. i still walk every single day come rain or snow, i still second guess my opinion, i still change clothes 100 times to make sure nothing i wear looks offensive....but each day it gets easier and each day i feel prouder of myself.my daughter is starting med school in the fall (she is interested in gastrointestinal medicine!) and i will be front row, center at her graduation where she is valedictorian. i would have never lived to see her do these things....and i remember that when i have something stuck, or i have had a bad cheat day............i am very grateful to be alive.mina

Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Guest guest

> Just wanted to post what I've been up to.

Congrats, , and keep up the good work.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

How did your weigh in go? I am cutting my carbs down the next 10-15 days

or more, depending on whether I get any results. I was an avid low carber

back in the late 1990's up to 2004. I felt so good on it, but weight loss

eluded me because I would do it for awhile and then binge. I had a lot of

emotional turmoil going on at the time, my daughter was having trouble in

a relationship, my mother got cancer, my grandmother died and I was going

through empty nesting syndrome. Bingeing was out of control back then.

But when on LC, there was such a good feeling over all.

Ann

On Sun, 02 May 2010 19:24:44 -0500, labillsy <labillsy@...> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I was posting there for awhile and hit a slump. This past week I went

> back to low carbing. It cuts the cravings for me. Tomorrow is weigh

> day and I hope I've lost. It's funny. I get hungry, I eat and then I'm

> done with food. I'm not sitting around thinking about what I can eat

> next. Low carb is the only plan that does that for me. I got a copy of

> the new Atkins book. It's not like you have to live on 20 carbs the

> rest of your life. I suppose that's how I always saw it before. The

> new book encourages adding healthy carbs. I haven't walked for 3 days.

> I was super busy Friday, it rained Saturday and Sunday. Anyway. Just

> wanted to post what I've been up to.

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

The numbness doesn't bother me, just feels weird when I have trousers on.

its funny as I didn't get it the other side.

still get the nerve tingling at times but no where near as much.

-- Re: checking in

Dear , sorry about your shoulder situation and pleased about your numb

hip.....

only sections of my hip incision are numb.....spots getting smaller

gradually. BARB in Florida

Guest guest

I've only had a knee replacement, but my therapist told me that the shoulder

replacement was the worst of them all. 

in TX

Subject: checking in

Joint Replacement

Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 4:09 PM

Hi every-one.

I am being really tested with this shoulder replacement.

considering it was straight forward and easy so the surgeon said, then why am I

in so much pain 3 weeks post op. I didn't take a thing after about 10 days from

the hip.

I can't get dressed on my own as I can't get a bra on.

I went a week ago to have the sutures/incision checked, no sutures to come out,

I had staples with the other shoulder. and he checked my CRP levels, they were

high, so I had the test repeated yesterday, to see if they are coming down or

not, this indicates inflammation or infection. I know I don't have an infection,

as no signs of one thankfully.

so I am thinking its inflammation for some weird reason.

any way just thought I'd check in hope you are all doing well.

the hip is perfect, don't even know I have had it done. except for numbness on

the entire outer thigh.

x

Guest guest

Hi , I have heard that shoulders are very difficult. I suppose that is

the reason I have not had my left shoulder seen by any one. I am simply working

on my one handed back hand to solve the problem. But yeah, getting the bra on

and off is tough.

Hang in there! Joan

Joint Replacement

Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 5:09:50 PM

Subject: checking in

Hi every-one.

I am being really tested with this shoulder replacement.

considering it was straight forward and easy so the surgeon said, then why am I

in so much pain 3 weeks post op. I didn't take a thing after about 10 days from

the hip.

I can't get dressed on my own as I can't get a bra on.

I went a week ago to have the sutures/incision checked, no sutures to come out,

I had staples with the other shoulder. and he checked my CRP levels, they were

high, so I had the test repeated yesterday, to see if they are coming down or

not, this indicates inflammation or infection. I know I don't have an infection,

as no signs of one thankfully.

so I am thinking its inflammation for some weird reason.

any way just thought I'd check in hope you are all doing well.

the hip is perfect, don't even know I have had it done. except for numbness on

the entire outer thigh.

x