RemedySpot.com

Weight loss

Rate this topic

Guest guest

: Thanks for responding to me. I feel all alone in this adventure. No I don't have anyone that can go with me to the hospital when the time comes. Thanks again. Rose Mills <techgurl88@...> wrote:

lie,

I heard it all before too. How "if only I could just stop eating, I could lose". Or "why don't you try this one pill I saw on tv the other day, it claims to suck out your belly fat." or " If you would just get off your A$$ you could lose some of that booty" and all of this from people that supposedly care about me. First off, you will never have to stick to a "diet" again once you have restriction. You can still eat what you want in moderation. I still eat pizza, just less of it. That is why I LOVE the band. It makes me feel like a "normal" person eating "normal" portions. You control the size of those portions with the amount of fill you have.

Do you have a friend that could go with you to the hospital or a family member? It is really nice to have someone there who is supportive and not going to hinder your healing. Please bring someone along who can help you and be supportive. I thought mine was going to be a butt the whole time we were there because he hadn't really showed me a supportive side that much, but he surprised me by being the BEST and showing concern and really going through heck laying on a flat cushion for 2 nights LOL.

About financing, I wish you luck. I had to get a loan for half of it, and use my tax return for the other half.

You have come to the right place as far as finding a clean and safe hospital. Almater hospital is the best!

M.

3/1/05

280/200.5/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of lie CodySent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:16 PM Subject: Weight loss

My husband thinks this surgery is alot of money and I don't think he really has faith in me sticking with any diet. Of course even when I try he sabatoses it anyway. I am determined this time and yes chances are I'll have to walk into the hospital by myself. My husband doesn't like going into medical facilities anyway. He almost passed out when I was in labor with our first son. Others think I am being extreme and that there are other ways to lose the weight. But they really don't understand that I have tried the other ways. And no magical pill is going to do it too!! I get so angry when I see all the diet pill commercials anymore with their false promises. But I am being persistent in researching ways to finance the surgery and right now I don't care how far I have to travel to get it done as long as the facility is clean and safe and the doctors know what they are doing. Thanks for letting me vent. Rose rjcody54@... SINCERELY,ROSALIE CODY

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. SINCERELY,ROSALIE CODY__________________________________________________

rosalie,

do you have a date?i might be able to be there at the same time as you.i'm not bringing my hubby.i am bringing my cousin. she had the gastic bypass in march (in the states). let me know i would love to be there with you.

angieRobbins Family <rrobbins@...> wrote:

The people at the hospital are wonderful. Everyone you meet will be so helpful and kind. It is nice to bring someone with you but I went by myself and it was a very good experience. Ernesto picked me up at the airport. He probably wished that I had brought someone else to talk to before we got to Mexicali! He even took me to get some contacts for my daughter. Yolanda was so kind. I had many good visits with her. Dr. A was great. He let me use his cell phone to call home because I did not have one. He explained everything so thoroughly. He answered all of my questions. did too. He was really great to visit when he had some time. He was good to answer my questions too. I did not want to bring my husband or anyone else. This was my adventure and it was great! I thought of it as a vacation from laundry and cooking! If this is really what you want

to do then do it. Find a friend to come with you or come by yourself. You will be taken care of and you will have no need for worries.

Weight loss

My husband thinks this surgery is alot of money and I don't think he really has faith in me sticking with any diet. Of course even when I try he sabatoses it anyway. I am determined this time and yes chances are I'll have to walk into the hospital by myself. My husband doesn't like going into medical facilities anyway. He almost passed out when I was in labor with our first son. Others think I am being extreme and that there are other ways to lose the weight. But they really don't understand that I have tried the other ways. And no magical pill is going to do it too!! I get so angry when I see all the diet pill commercials anymore with their false promises. But I am being persistent in researching ways to finance the surgery and right now I don't care how far I have to travel to get it done as long as the facility is clean and safe and the doctors know what they are doing. Thanks for letting me vent. Rose rjcody54@... SINCERELY,ROSALIE CODY

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

HI lie

I would say that your note is pretty typical. We have all felt the way you do right now...and some how rose above it. So many people have so much to say about it,...but usually they have no idea what the heck you're going thru or how desperately you're feeling about yourself..sometimes I think they'd be happy if you'd just stay in the cave you've backed yourself into...in some way perhaps they like you there because it makes them feel better.

Your husband likely has you feeling like you're not worthy of the money spent on surgery, when the truth is YOU ARE! I know just before I had surgery,...although my hubby was very supportive,...I was the one whose self worth had me feeling like less then $8000

This is not a diet,..it's a way of life. I would have to make myself incredible sick to screw this up,..and it's not going to happen.

Hope this helps....keep reasearching,...buy know that you have stmbled onto what I believe is the best choice in terms of procedures, hospital and doctor. The mexicali Hospital is very clean, I found the nurses to be so helpful, and sincere, and sweet. Dr Aceves is wonderful, bedside manner is impeccable, and I can't say enough about Nina, and the whole experience that I have had to date. I have lost 55 lbs in one year!!

lie Cody <rjcody54@...> wrote:

Just so you know,..I thought I'd share,..I went to Mexicali alone and I was fine,...my hubby wanted to come but I just wanted to go and begiin my healing process without feeling like I had to sit up and talk to someone who flew all that way to be with me.

I told my hubby to save the money he'd spend traveling with me and put it towards a trip to a sunny hot spot when I was feeling better about myself,..that was July '04 and we went to Domican Republic in Jan '05!! Mills <techgurl88@...> wrote:

lie,

I heard it all before too. How "if only I could just stop eating, I could lose". Or "why don't you try this one pill I saw on tv the other day, it claims to suck out your belly fat." or " If you would just get off your A$$ you could lose some of that booty" and all of this from people that supposedly care about me. First off, you will never have to stick to a "diet" again once you have restriction. You can still eat what you want in moderation. I still eat pizza, just less of it. That is why I LOVE the band. It makes me feel like a "normal" person eating "normal" portions. You control the size of those portions with the amount of fill you have.

Do you have a friend that could go with you to the hospital or a family member? It is really nice to have someone there who is supportive and not going to hinder your healing. Please bring someone along who can help you and be supportive. I thought mine was going to be a butt the whole time we were there because he hadn't really showed me a supportive side that much, but he surprised me by being the BEST and showing concern and really going through heck laying on a flat cushion for 2 nights LOL.

About financing, I wish you luck. I had to get a loan for half of it, and use my tax return for the other half.

You have come to the right place as far as finding a clean and safe hospital. Almater hospital is the best!

M.

3/1/05

280/200.5/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of lie CodySent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 6:16 PM Subject: Weight loss

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. __________________________________________________

--Well they might want you back in that miserable cave but they also reserve the right to cmplain you are haning in the cave too much. Catmama

Hill <cindyhill@...> wrote:

HI lie

I would say that your note is pretty typical. We have all felt the way you do right now...and some how rose above it. So many people have so much to say about it,...but usually they have no idea what the heck you're going thru or how desperately you're feeling about yourself..sometimes I think they'd be happy if you'd just stay in the cave you've backed yourself into...in some way perhaps they like you there because it makes them feel better.

Your husband likely has you feeling like you're not worthy of the money spent on surgery, when the truth is YOU ARE! I know just before I had surgery,...although my hubby was very supportive,...I was the one whose self worth had me feeling like less then $8000

This is not a diet,..it's a way of life. I would have to make myself incredible sick to screw this up,..and it's not going to happen.

Hope this helps....keep reasearching,...buy know that you have stmbled onto what I believe is the best choice in terms of procedures, hospital and doctor. The mexicali Hospital is very clean, I found the nurses to be so helpful, and sincere, and sweet. Dr Aceves is wonderful, bedside manner is impeccable, and I can't say enough about Nina, and the whole experience that I have had to date. I have lost 55 lbs in one year!!

lie Cody <rjcody54@...> wrote:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 3/17/2006 7:11:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,

tasdlocke@... writes:

that makes sense but what I guess my BIG question is, can you and will you

really get to your healthy weight on this diet.

The diet is to restore your health. Weight loss is a byproduct. Ever see

any fat hunter-gatherers? If you get your health back, you'll lose weight but

this is not a fad or quick weight loss diet and you'll only lose fat and not

muscle mass. You lose a lot of muscle mass on quick fad diets. That's why you

gain it back so fast. Think inches and not pounds.

Guest guest

I have no energy, I started the O diet but only lasted 7 days until my cravings

got me put back in prison. I also have no ovaries due to cancer so my moods are

horrible. The cancer is gone but now I am left with a new title " Bitch " I cant

even stand myself some days. I need some dessert ideas to keep me alive on this

diet. That is so backwards that is why I gained so much weight in the first

place. (cereal, cookies, chips,fried food, chocolate, ice cream, and the list

goes on) sometimes I feel like I will be fat forever. I never used to be this

way. I was a size 3 just 9 years ago. It seemed like everything changed when I

had my 2 kids. I gained the weight AFTER pregnancy. I dont even have the

energy to move most days. Sometimes water gives me a headache. Does anyone have

any advice

mcpherson.bg@... wrote: [irene wrote]The homeopathic remedy

Oscillococcinum is actually made from bird flu, and is readily available at HF

stores lately. It will NOt treat a case of bird flu but it can be used

preventively to safely build resistance in advance. (Like homeopathic

vaccination) [Gretchen] Irene, how long will homeopathic remedies retain

their potentcy? And what is the best environment for storing?

You said to use it preventively for bird flu, but isn't this the same remedy

that people use to treat common influenzas?

----- Original Message -----

Here's how:

USe a few grains of it like 3 or so, make aqueous as attached, use 5 ml as a

dose.Dose twice a day for a week then weekly for 8 weeks.Stop unless there is

bird flu in the area, in which case use a weekly single dose as a booster.

Works for any species - so you can protect your cat, etc as well.

Guest guest

le take it easy. It's hard to love yourself after you've been through so

much. Look at it this way, you are a survivor and if you fail on this way of

eating the first time, keep trying. Remember that cancer cells love sugar, also

we have a tendency to crave that of which we are most addictive to.

Peace and Hairgrease girl

Ginger

danielle locke <tasdlocke@...> wrote:

I have no energy, I started the O diet but only lasted 7 days until my

cravings got me put back in prison. I also have no ovaries due to cancer so my

moods are horrible. The cancer is gone but now I am left with a new title

" Bitch " I cant even stand myself some days. I need some dessert ideas to keep

me alive on this diet. That is so backwards that is why I gained so much weight

in the first place. (cereal, cookies, chips,fried food, chocolate, ice cream,

and the list goes on) sometimes I feel like I will be fat forever. I never used

to be this way. I was a size 3 just 9 years ago. It seemed like everything

changed when I had my 2 kids. I gained the weight AFTER pregnancy. I dont even

have the energy to move most days. Sometimes water gives me a headache. Does

anyone have any advice

Here's how:

Guest guest

Excuse me in regards to my previous post:

I said we tend to crave that of which we are most additive to, I meant to say

we tend to crave that of which we are most allergic to.

anyone have any advice

Here's how:

Guest guest

really get to your healthy weight on this diet. OR is there something I am

missing

Ginger Ballard <gbredbone@...> wrote: Excuse me in regards to my previous

anyone have any advice

Here's how:

Guest guest

There is no reason you shouldn't, if you are eating reasonable meals and stick

with meat, veggies, and good fats, with very little fruit.

Re: WEIGHT LOSS

really get to your healthy weight on this diet. OR is there something I am

missing

Ginger Ballard <gbredbone@...> wrote: Excuse me in regards to my

previous post:

I said we tend to crave that of which we are most additive to, I meant to

say we tend to crave that of which we are most allergic to.

anyone have any advice

You said to use it preventively for bird flu, but isn't this the same

remedy that people use to treat common influenzas?

Here's how:

Guest guest

Well I think you can if you are Blood type O and are following the right foods

for your blood type. How long have you been following this?

danielle locke <tasdlocke@...> wrote: that makes sense but what I guess

my BIG question is, can you and will you really get to your healthy weight on

this diet. OR is there something I am missing

Ginger Ballard <gbredbone@...> wrote: Excuse me in regards to my previous

anyone have any advice

Here's how:

Guest guest

danielle locke wrote:

> I have no energy, I started the O diet but only lasted 7 days until

my cravings got me put back in prison. I also have no ovaries due to

cancer so my moods are horrible.

Have you seen a doctor to test and re-balance all your hormones? It is

exceedingly cruel to expect your system to just go cold turkey minus

ovaries. People have landed in the madhouse for less than that. I'd

STRONGLY advise you to get your levels measured for ALL the relevant and

related hormones and then they can devise a medication custom-geared to

your specific levels so that you can wean your system towards a no-ovary

situation instead of this cold turkey approach that is not fair to you

and certainly no picnic for you (or anyone). I am quite shocked that

this has not automatically been arranged for you, and I strongly suggest

you insist on some professional help there. It's very doable and

" normal " to get hormone balancing dose - but it needs to be measured and

personalized.

<< The cancer is gone but now I am left with a new title " Bitch " I

cant even stand myself some days.

That just ain't fair - beating cancer is a helluva achievement -

congrats to you!! You deserve to not have scrambled hormone issues to

deal with as well! Stick with scrambled eggs!!

<< I need some dessert ideas to keep me alive on this diet.

Dark chocolate, walnut, pumpkin seed, almond mix.

beef jerky;

red wine and cheese.

Half a pear;

half a mango;

pineapple pieces and dark chocolate.

blueberry and mango mix.

canned fig and fresh pineapple mix.

Add a bit of exercise after the meal to use up some carbs so they are

not dumped as fat by insulin - even if you just do alternate leg lifts

for a few minutes in your TV chair:-)

> I dont even have the energy to move most days.

Take a glutamine supplement - helps maintain your muscle (and energy) so

you lose fat not muscle.

Use green tea instead of coffee.

Eat a HUGE high protein breakfast - like steak and eggs with lots of

green and red veg.

Eat every 3 hrs so you do not get hungry and binge.

Namaste,

Irene

--

Irene de Villiers, B.Sc, AASCA, MCSSA, D.I.Hom/D.Vet.Hom.

P.O. Box 4703 Spokane WA 99220.

www.angelfire.com/fl/furryboots/clickhere.html (Veterinary Homeopath.)

Proverb:Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt one doing it.

Guest guest

le

Have you tried the Atkins diet...?

I got over my cravings in a few days...

It seemed to me that the more carbs I ate the worse the cravings

were..I haven't had bread for three months now..

When I took the carb test I was a full blown carboholic ..

And what you crave can also be an allergy..

Sounds like you might have some fodd intolerances...

Perhaps once you get onto low carb to begin with and get the cravings

under control then you can do this one as well..

I don't eat desserts normally but I keep some 70% cocoa chocolate for

time when I just need a square of something sweet..

You could have fruit and jello? ..

I can follow this type O diet up to the point of dairy ..

I still have cream in my tea and some cheese (a la Atkins)

I think we just have to do the best we can..

>

cancer so my moods are horrible. The cancer is gone but now I am left

with a new title " Bitch " I cant even stand myself some days. I need

some dessert ideas to keep me alive on this diet. That is so

backwards that is why I gained so much weight in the first place.

(cereal, cookies, chips,fried food, chocolate, ice cream, and the list

goes on) sometimes I feel like I will be fat forever. I never used to

be this way. I was a size 3 just 9 years ago. It seemed like

everything changed when I had my 2 kids. I gained the weight AFTER

pregnancy. I dont even have the energy to move most days. Sometimes

water gives me a headache. Does anyone have any advice

>

> m

Guest guest

linnsmama wrote:

> Recently I found Lindt Excellence brand's 85% Dark Extra Fine Thins.

My favourites too - I buy a box of 12 (or ten?) slabs at a time.

Alternatively I get the Lindt 99% cocoa and eat it with Cadbury's Royal

Dark in the same mouthful - averaging 85% probably but it is a different

taste, combining them. The 99% is almost impossible to find though - I

bought out the Lindt store in Mall of America over New YEar but have not

found it over the internet.

I like to combine the 99% with anything that is too sweet, to tone

down the sugar and rev up the antioxidant and flavour. It's not nice

eaten alone.

> If I drink a glass of water

> with it, my stomach thinks I've had a whole candybar.

I do mine with green tea:-)

I hate water.

> If you really need a traditional dessert, try this recipe adapted

> from Mollie Katzen's _Vegetable Heaven_ cookbook:

Thanks for the recipe too!!!!

Namaste,

Irene

--

Irene de Villiers, B.Sc, AASCA, MCSSA, D.I.Hom/D.Vet.Hom.

P.O. Box 4703 Spokane WA 99220.

www.angelfire.com/fl/furryboots/clickhere.html (Veterinary Homeopath.)

Proverb:Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt one doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

>>And what you crave can also be an allergy..

This was the case with our now 11yr old mildly autistic + adhd son.

It was so obvious, just watching him from the sidelines - he was constantly

'hungry' and always wanted the carbs and would'nt accept anything else - and

then when we put him on a gf/cf diet the change was absolutely amazing - sheer

hell at first as we got through his cravings and mood swings, then he was a

different child.

His favourite 'snack' was dry bread - how weird is that ?

:o)

http://www.freewebs.com/inspire/

http://www.freewebs.com/amiva/ - dogs!

--

----------------------------------------

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.

It has removed 166 spam emails to date.

Paying users do not have this message in their emails.

Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Guest guest

Right. South Beach does the same. This will too. Just drop all Higher glysemic

carbs.

Re: WEIGHT LOSS

le

Have you tried the Atkins diet...?

I got over my cravings in a few days...

It seemed to me that the more carbs I ate the worse the cravings

were..I haven't had bread for three months now..

When I took the carb test I was a full blown carboholic ..

And what you crave can also be an allergy..

Sounds like you might have some fodd intolerances...

Perhaps once you get onto low carb to begin with and get the cravings

under control then you can do this one as well..

I don't eat desserts normally but I keep some 70% cocoa chocolate for

time when I just need a square of something sweet..

You could have fruit and jello? ..

I can follow this type O diet up to the point of dairy ..

I still have cream in my tea and some cheese (a la Atkins)

I think we just have to do the best we can..

>

cancer so my moods are horrible. The cancer is gone but now I am left

with a new title " Bitch " I cant even stand myself some days. I need

some dessert ideas to keep me alive on this diet. That is so

backwards that is why I gained so much weight in the first place.

(cereal, cookies, chips,fried food, chocolate, ice cream, and the list

goes on) sometimes I feel like I will be fat forever. I never used to

be this way. I was a size 3 just 9 years ago. It seemed like

everything changed when I had my 2 kids. I gained the weight AFTER

pregnancy. I dont even have the energy to move most days. Sometimes

water gives me a headache. Does anyone have any advice

>

> m

Guest guest

The cravings have something to do with the grains and dairys creating opiates in

the brain so it is a drug reaction/withdrawal.

" J. Arnold " <firesprite68@...> wrote: >>And what you crave can also be

an allergy..

This was the case with our now 11yr old mildly autistic + adhd son.

It was so obvious, just watching him from the sidelines - he was constantly

'hungry' and always wanted the carbs and would'nt accept anything else - and

then when we put him on a gf/cf diet the change was absolutely amazing - sheer

hell at first as we got through his cravings and mood swings, then he was a

different child.

His favourite 'snack' was dry bread - how weird is that ?

:o)

http://www.freewebs.com/inspire/

http://www.freewebs.com/amiva/ - dogs!

---------------------------------

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low

rates.

---------------------------------

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+

countries) for 2¢/min or less.

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

hey im starting to wonder if im going a lil crazy on this weight loss thing.if i cheat juszt a little the guilt makes me go walk or exercise.and it stays on my mind for several hours.does anyone know if i should be concerned about this.or talk to my doc.or you think its ok.its almost like im competing with myself to lose weight.Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

Sounds like you may be a little obsessed!! (tongue in cheek) As long as you're not TOO thin, who better to compete with? SharonHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: hey im starting to wonder if im going a lil crazy on this weight loss thing.if i cheat juszt a little the guilt makes me go walk or exercise.and it stays on my mind for several hours.does anyone know if i should be concerned about this.or talk to my doc.or you think its ok.its almost like im competing with myself to lose weight. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

Well seriously Tim,, IF You are worried about it, then you probably do have a problemHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: hey im starting to wonder if im going a lil crazy on this weight loss thing.if i cheat juszt a little the guilt makes me go walk or exercise.and it stays on my mind for several hours.does anyone know if i should be concerned about this.or talk to my doc.or you think its ok.its almost like im competing with myself to lose weight. Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107

work www.knoxville1.com Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Small Business. Jackie

Guest guest

Tim,

I think it is personal. You are the only one that can answer that. I think if you are very overweight than this is your way of making sure you don't abandon your goal. Sabotage can come in many forms and so this fear of this kind of thinking can be a form of sabotage saying "hey lighten up big boy". On the other hand it could be a bit obsessive. I think only you can know.

Good luck and at least your are obsessing about stuff that is good for you. It'll probalby slow down. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I lost 83 lbs a few years ago and had to think that way to keep it coming off. Then I loved exercising and eating right so much that I kept it off, but it wasn't obsessive anymore, it was just awareness. Then unfortunately I was diagnosed with 2 liver diseases, was overcome by extreme fatigue and muscle and joint pain to the point I can't exercise like I used to and am gaining the weight back. There is nothing so depressing and demoralizing than this to me. I would do anything to be in shape again. Hopefully that will come, but I'm not sure when.

Anyway, I'd say obsess away. I can't seem to get that desire back, I'd trade places any day.