after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

will charge you a small fortune.

Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

Lynda

At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

>Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

>a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

>but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

>watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

>hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

>year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

>pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

>

>God Bless,

>Kendal.

>

>Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

>My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making

>money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an attorney,

>they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

>negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home

>before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

>for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

>Mentor, etc.)

>

>Lynda

>

>At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> >Hi Kendal,

> >

> >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different

> >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a

> >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went on

> >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all

> >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >Hi Kenda,

> >

> >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see

> >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> >that information.

> >

> >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen can

> >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.

> >

> >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> tonight.

> >

> >

> >God Bless,

> >Kendal.

> >__________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

Lynda,

I couldn't have said it better myself! I've heard all the stories. Some I've experienced myself but most I heard about from very reliable sources. It is all about money. You know what they say...MONEY is the root of all evil! Think about it. How true is that statement?

God Bless,

Kendal.Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they will charge you a small fortune.Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.LyndaAt 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:>Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have >a home after a

hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!>>God Bless,>Kendal.>>Lynda <coss@...> wrote:>My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making>money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an attorney,>they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had>negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home>before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not

there>for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,>Mentor, etc.)>>Lynda>>At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:> >Hi Kendal,> >> >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different> >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go> >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a> >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become> >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went on> >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite> >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and> >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all> >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built

extremely> >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small> >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so> >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.> >> >Kenda> >> >> >Hi Kenda,> >> >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't> >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with> >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have> >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising> >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,> >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see> >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly> >blessed individual to have found a

good insurance company. Please share> >that information.> >> >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom> >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the> >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two> >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the> >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen can> >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my> >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other> >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.> >> >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you > tonight.> >> >> >God Bless,> >Kendal.>

>__________________________________________________> >

Guest guest

I agree - living in Florida, the insurance down here is awful.... they fight you on everything are never willing to give an inch. If you have one claim they can you and pick at every detail. My sister had a tree fall on hers during last years hurricane disaster and they still are not quite done with the repairs.... they had a tarp on the roof for over 8 months - by then the entire home was filled w/ water and mold, etc and her 2 yr old son has TERRIBLE allergies to mold. He was hospitalized twice during this mess. We have luckily dodged the most recent hurricanes but you would think they would get it fixed before the next hurricane season starts!!! What a pain and she is not alone there. There is story after story here on the news of these poor people having issues left over from last year and still battling insurance. After last years hurricane season all of our rates have skyrocketed and pretty soon I wonder if we will even be able to afford coverage if we have another big storm.

I hate insurance companies - health, auto - you name it. I guess living where I live and seeing all this going on around me has me a little bitter. Thank God we only had minor damage last year that we fixed ourselves to avoid the insurance issue. Also - another interesting issue is if you buy a home down here during hurricane season if is VERY hard to get homeowners ins.... a lot of people do not buy at this time for that reason. Most put a massive deductible or even exclude hurricane coverage. It is a real pain.

love

shari

Guest guest

Kenda - I agree there. Just like w/ the medical community - we have to pay for these people that are not honest. I had to go to the ER a month or so ago as my doc thought I had appendicitis.... He called ahead so I could be rushed in and I waited in the waiting room for 5 hours at least.... by the time I left it was 18 hours. There were people beside me coming in for headaches (which I understand if they are legit) and they were laughing and having cell phone conversations.... I had to wait so long as they had so many non-emergency or drug seekers - whatever you want to call them - sitting in there. people with colds, etc. It made me mad. there were so many really sick people there and 20 or so that just needed a walk-in clinic or something taking up valuable ER time with bogus claims, etc. They have got to put a stop to that mess as that is why out premiums are so high.

love

shari

Guest guest

First of all, I would never trust an insurance company — or any other company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices at doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have a good reputation despite it.

When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big company doesn’t.

When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.

Kenda

Kenda

I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but

after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

will charge you a small fortune.

Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

Lynda

At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

>Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

>a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

>but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

>watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

>hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

>year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

>pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

>

>God Bless,

>Kendal.

>

>Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

>My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making

>money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an attorney,

>they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

>negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home

>before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

>for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

>Mentor, etc.)

>

>Lynda

>

>At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> >Hi Kendal,

> >

> >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different

> >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a

> >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went on

> >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all

> >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >Hi Kenda,

> >

> >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see

> >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> >that information.

> >

> >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen can

> >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.

> >

> >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> tonight.

> >

> >

> >God Bless,

> >Kendal.

> >__________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

Shari

I have to agree with you as we went through the insurance process when we had the mold claim and we were out of our home at least 18 mos, and then decided it was just easier and in our best interest to just move to a different home. THey also lost 1/4 of our personal belongings that they stored and supposedly cleaned from mold......Aggravating isnt even the word for it!!!! I am also a bit bitter towards them. Not to mention, once you file a mold claim, you are basically "black-balled" from the insurance world unless you want to pay VERY HIGH prices for insurance! It was so bad that they started the Texas Fair Plan Insurance here through the state because people could NOT afford the insurance...........

Dianehalvey70@... wrote:

I agree - living in Florida, the insurance down here is awful.... they fight you on everything are never willing to give an inch. If you have one claim they can you and pick at every detail. My sister had a tree fall on hers during last years hurricane disaster and they still are not quite done with the repairs.... they had a tarp on the roof for over 8 months - by then the entire home was filled w/ water and mold, etc and her 2 yr old son has TERRIBLE allergies to mold. He was hospitalized twice during this mess. We have luckily dodged the most recent hurricanes but you would think they would get it fixed before the next hurricane season starts!!! What a pain and she is not alone there. There is story after story here on the news of these poor people having

issues left over from last year and still battling insurance. After last years hurricane season all of our rates have skyrocketed and pretty soon I wonder if we will even be able to afford coverage if we have another big storm.I hate insurance companies - health, auto - you name it. I guess living where I live and seeing all this going on around me has me a little bitter. Thank God we only had minor damage last year that we fixed ourselves to avoid the insurance issue. Also - another interesting issue is if you buy a home down here during hurricane season if is VERY hard to get homeowners ins.... a lot of people do not buy at this time for that reason. Most put a massive deductible or even exclude hurricane coverage. It is a real pain.loveshari Diane

Guest guest

That is why I did not even file a claim for my minor car accident (sliding

on water on top of ice). I just had it fixed ($1000).

I do not believe people should go on a list for an insurance claim for

legitimate repairs. It is a way for insurance companies to hike your

prices, not protect themselves.

Lynda

At 06:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

>First of all, I would never trust an insurance company ­ or any other

>company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom

>line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying

>in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies

>so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay

>claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we

>pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices at

>doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their

>medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are

>necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the

>insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to

>complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with

>them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should

>be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do

>everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner

>said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance

>companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have

>a good reputation despite it.

>

>When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should

>be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who

>continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be

>either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In

>the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company

>did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for

>me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big

>company doesn’t.

>

>When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the

>company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be

>spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or

>referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer

>waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I

>don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle

>them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your

>friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.

>

>Kenda

>

>

>Kenda

>

>

>I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but

>after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

>house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

>prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

>list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

>can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

>will charge you a small fortune.

>

>Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

>insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

>of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

>

>Lynda

>

>

>At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> >Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

> >a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

> >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

> >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

> >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

> >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

> >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

> >

> >God Bless,

> >Kendal.

> >

> >Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

> >My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making

> >money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an attorney,

> >they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

> >negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home

> >before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

> >for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

> >Mentor, etc.)

> >

> >Lynda

> >

> >At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > >Hi Kendal,

> > >

> > >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different

> > >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> > >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a

> > >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> > >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went on

> > >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> > >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> > >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all

> > >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> > >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> > >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> > >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> > >

> > >Kenda

> > >

> > >

> > >Hi Kenda,

> > >

> > >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> > >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> > >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> > >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> > >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> > >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see

> > >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> > >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> > >that information.

> > >

> > >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> > >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> > >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> > >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> > >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen can

> > >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> > >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> > >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.

> > >

> > >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> > tonight.

> > >

> > >

> > >God Bless,

> > >Kendal.

> > >__________________________________________________

> > >

Guest guest

I guess I am one of the fortunate ones that hasn’t had any problems.

Kenda

I agree - living in Florida, the insurance down here is awful.... they fight you on everything are never willing to give an inch. If you have one claim they can you and pick at every detail. My sister had a tree fall on hers during last years hurricane disaster and they still are not quite done with the repairs.... they had a tarp on the roof for over 8 months - by then the entire home was filled w/ water and mold, etc and her 2 yr old son has TERRIBLE allergies to mold. He was hospitalized twice during this mess. We have luckily dodged the most recent hurricanes but you would think they would get it fixed before the next hurricane season starts!!! What a pain and she is not alone there. There is story after story here on the news of these poor people having issues left over from last year and still battling insurance. After last years hu rricane season all of our rates have skyrocketed and pretty soon I wonder if we will even be able to afford coverage if we have another big storm.

I hate insurance companies - health, auto - you name it. I guess living where I live and seeing all this going on around me has me a little bitter. Thank God we only had minor damage last year that we fixed ourselves to avoid the insurance issue. Also - another interesting issue is if you buy a home down here during hurricane season if is VERY hard to get homeowners ins.... a lot of people do not buy at this time for that reason. Most put a massive deductible or even exclude hurricane coverage. It is a real pain.

love

shari

Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed health care professional before commencing any medical treatment.

" Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

Guest guest

Having worked for a law firm that did insurance defense work, I see things differently. I don’t agree with treating people poorly or denying claims that should be paid but I have seen the other side of the fence where bogus claims are made and the insurance companies are paying thousands to fight them. I understand a lot of the policies insurance companies have to protect themselves.

I am sorry several of you have been treated poorly, there is no excuse for that.

Kenda

That is why I did not even file a claim for my minor car accident (sliding

on water on top of ice). I just had it fixed ($1000).

I do not believe people should go on a list for an insurance claim for

legitimate repairs. It is a way for insurance companies to hike your

prices, not protect themselves.

Lynda

At 06:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

>First of all, I would never trust an insurance company – or any other

>company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom

>line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying

>in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies

>so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay

>claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we

>pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices at

>doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their

>medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are

>necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the

>insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to

>complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with

>them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should

>be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do

>everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner

>said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance

>companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have

>a good reputation despite it.

>

>When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should

>be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who

>continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be

>either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In

>the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company

>did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for

>me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big

>company doesn’t.

>

>When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the

>company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be

>spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or

>referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer

>waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I

>don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle

>them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your

>friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.

>

>Kenda

>

>

>Kenda

>

>

>I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but

>after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

>house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

>prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

>list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

>can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

>will charge you a small fortune.

>

>Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

>insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

>of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

>

>Lynda

>

>

>At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> >Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

> >a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

> >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

> >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

> >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

> >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

> >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

> >

> >God Bless,

> >Kendal.

> >

> >Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

> >My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making

> >money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an attorney,

> >they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

> >negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home

> >before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

> >for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

> >Mentor, etc.)

> >

> >Lynda

> >

> >At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > >Hi Kendal,

> > >

> > >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different

> > >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> > >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a

> > >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> > >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went on

> > >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> > >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> > >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all

> > >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> > >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> > >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> > >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> > >

> > >Kenda

> > >

> > >

> > >Hi Kenda,

> > >

> > >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> > >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> > >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> > >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> > >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> > >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see

> > >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> > >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> > >that information.

> > >

> > >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> > >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> > >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> > >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> > >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen can

> > >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> > >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> > >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.

> > >

> > >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> > tonight.

> > >

> > >

> > >God Bless,

> > >Kendal.

> > >__________________________________________________

> > >

Guest guest

Does that mean people making honest claims should be lumped with the

others???????

I THINK NOT!!!!!!

That is a method for the companies to rate you, and now they even use your

credit rating as a basis for rates. They are just plain dishonest and out

to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Lynda

At 08:14 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

>Having worked for a law firm that did insurance defense work, I see things

>differently. I don’t agree with treating people poorly or denying claims

>that should be paid but I have seen the other side of the fence where

>bogus claims are made and the insurance companies are paying thousands to

>fight them. I understand a lot of the policies insurance companies have

>to protect themselves.

>

>I am sorry several of you have been treated poorly, there is no excuse for

>that.

>

>Kenda

>

>That is why I did not even file a claim for my minor car accident (sliding

>on water on top of ice). I just had it fixed ($1000).

>

>I do not believe people should go on a list for an insurance claim for

>legitimate repairs. It is a way for insurance companies to hike your

>prices, not protect themselves.

>

>Lynda

>

>

>At 06:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

> >First of all, I would never trust an insurance company – or any other

> >company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom

> >line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying

> >in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies

> >so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay

> >claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we

> >pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices at

> >doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their

> >medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are

> >necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the

> >insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to

> >complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with

> >them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should

> >be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do

> >everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner

> >said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance

> >companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have

> >a good reputation despite it.

> >

> >When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should

> >be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who

> >continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be

> >either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In

> >the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company

> >did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for

> >me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big

> >company doesn’t.

> >

> >When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the

> >company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be

> >spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or

> >referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer

> >waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I

> >don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle

> >them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your

> >friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but

> >after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

> >house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

> >prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

> >list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

> >can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

> >will charge you a small fortune.

> >

> >Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

> >insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

> >of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

> >

> >Lynda

> >

> >

> >At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > >Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

> > >a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

> > >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

> > >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

> > >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

> > >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

> > >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

> > >

> > >God Bless,

> > >Kendal.

> > >

> > >Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

> > >My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of

> making

> > >money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an

> attorney,

> > >they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

> > >negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your

> home

> > >before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

> > >for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

> > >Mentor, etc.)

> > >

> > >Lynda

> > >

> > >At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > > >Hi Kendal,

> > > >

> > > >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had

> different

> > > >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> > > >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I

> have a

> > > >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> > > >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but

> went on

> > > >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> > > >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> > > >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but

> not all

> > > >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> > > >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> > > >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> > > >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> > > >

> > > >Kenda

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >Hi Kenda,

> > > >

> > > >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> > > >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> > > >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> > > >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> > > >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> > > >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you

> didn't see

> > > >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> > > >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> > > >that information.

> > > >

> > > >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> > > >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> > > >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> > > >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> > > >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a

> kitchen can

> > > >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> > > >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> > > >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more

> quickly.

> > > >

> > > >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> > > tonight.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >God Bless,

> > > >Kendal.

> > > >__________________________________________________

> > > >

Guest guest

I had a friend whose appendix ruptured in the waiting room because they

made her wait so long.

Lynda

At 08:22 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

>Kenda - I agree there. Just like w/ the medical community - we have to

>pay for these people that are not honest. I had to go to the ER a month

>or so ago as my doc thought I had appendicitis.... He called ahead so I

>could be rushed in and I waited in the waiting room for 5 hours at

>least.... by the time I left it was 18 hours. There were people beside me

>coming in for headaches (which I understand if they are legit) and they

>were laughing and having cell phone conversations.... I had to wait so

>long as they had so many non-emergency or drug seekers - whatever you want

>to call them - sitting in there. people with colds, etc. It made me

>mad. there were so many really sick people there and 20 or so that just

>needed a walk-in clinic or something taking up valuable ER time with bogus

>claims, etc. They have got to put a stop to that mess as that is why out

>premiums are so high.

>

>love

>shari

>

>Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given by

>licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed

>health care professional before commencing any medical treatment.

>

> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians mislead you.

>Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about how to live

>a happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus ing,

>two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Shari,

That’s exactly the problem. People go to the emergency rooms because they won’t be sent away and they can get out of paying their bill. Problem is you and I are paying for it.

Kenda

Kenda - I agree there. Just like w/ the medical community - we have to pay for these people that are not honest. I had to go to the ER a month or so ago as my doc thought I had appendicitis.... He called ahead so I could be rushed in and I waited in the waiting room for 5 hours at least.... by the time I left it was 18 hours. There were people beside me coming in for headaches (which I understand if they are legit) and they were laughing and having cell phone conversations.... I had to wait so long as they had so many non-emergency or drug seekers - whatever you want to call them - sitting in there. people with colds, etc. It made me mad. there were so many really sick people there and 20 or so that just needed a walk-in clinic or something taking up valuable ER time with bogus claims, etc. They have got to put a stop to that mess as that is why out premiums are so high.

love

shari

Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed health care professional before commencing any medical treatment.

" Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

Guest guest

That is not what I said. What I said is that I believe there should be better guidelines used than are being used.

“When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough.”

If you believe insurance is here to provide you with a service you are wrong, it is a business, like any business. It is here to make money.

Kenda

Does that mean people making honest claims should be lumped with the

others???????

I THINK NOT!!!!!!

That is a method for the companies to rate you, and now they even use your

credit rating as a basis for rates. They are just plain dishonest and out

to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Lynda

At 08:14 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

>Having worked for a law firm that did insurance defense work, I see things

>differently. I don’t agree with treating people poorly or denying claims

>that should be paid but I have seen the other side of the fence where

>bogus claims are made and the insurance companies are paying thousands to

>fight them. I understand a lot of the policies insurance companies have

>to protect themselves.

>

>I am sorry several of you have been treated poorly, there is no excuse for

>that.

>

>Kenda

>

>That is why I did not even file a claim for my minor car accident (sliding

>on water on top of ice). I just had it fixed ($1000).

>

>I do not believe people should go on a list for an insurance claim for

>legitimate repairs. It is a way for insurance companies to hike your

>prices, not protect themselves.

>

>Lynda

>

>

>At 06:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:

> >First of all, I would never trust an insurance company – or any other

> >company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom

> >line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying

> >in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies

> >so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay

> >claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we

> >pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices at

> >doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their

> >medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are

> >necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the

> >insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to

> >complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with

> >them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should

> >be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do

> >everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner

> >said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance

> >companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have

> >a good reputation despite it.

> >

> >When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should

> >be. An insurance company can’t be expected to keep customers who

> >continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be

> >either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In

> >the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company

> >did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for

> >me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big

> >company doesn’t.

> >

> >When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the

> >company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be

> >spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or

> >referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer

> >waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I

> >don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle

> >them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your

> >friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >Kenda

> >

> >

> >I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but

> >after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my

> >house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your

> >prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a

> >list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies

> >can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they

> >will charge you a small fortune.

> >

> >Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that

> >insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much

> >of a hoot for all us little peon consumers.

> >

> >Lynda

> >

> >

> >At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > >Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have

> > >a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home

> > >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just

> > >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that

> > >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last

> > >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I

> > >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!

> > >

> > >God Bless,

> > >Kendal.

> > >

> > >Lynda <coss@...> wrote:

> > >My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of

> making

> > >money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an

> attorney,

> > >they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had

> > >negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your

> home

> > >before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there

> > >for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,

> > >Mentor, etc.)

> > >

> > >Lynda

> > >

> > >At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:

> > > >Hi Kendal,

> > > >

> > > >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had

> different

> > > >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go

> > > >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I

> have a

> > > >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become

> > > >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but

> went on

> > > >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite

> > > >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and

> > > >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but

> not all

> > > >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely

> > > >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small

> > > >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so

> > > >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.

> > > >

> > > >Kenda

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >Hi Kenda,

> > > >

> > > >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't

> > > >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with

> > > >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know and have

> > > >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising

> > > >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,

> > > >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you

> didn't see

> > > >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly

> > > >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share

> > > >that information.

> > > >

> > > >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom

> > > >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the

> > > >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two

> > > >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the

> > > >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a

> kitchen can

> > > >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my

> > > >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other

> > > >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more

> quickly.

> > > >

> > > >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you

> > > tonight.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >God Bless,

> > > >Kendal.

> > > >__________________________________________________

> > > >

Guest guest

Kenda, what is it that you do? Do you still work for a law firm? Are you a lawyer?Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote:

Having worked for a law firm that did insurance defense work, I see things differently. I don’t agree with treating people poorly or denying claims that should be paid but I have seen the other side of the fence where bogus claims are made and the insurance companies are paying thousands to fight them. I understand a lot of the policies insurance companies have to protect themselves. I am sorry several of you have been treated poorly, there is no excuse for that.Kenda

That is why I did not even file a claim for my minor car accident (sliding on water on top of ice). I just had it fixed ($1000).I do not believe people should go on a list for an insurance claim for legitimate repairs. It is a way for insurance companies to hike your prices, not protect themselves.LyndaAt 06:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:>First of all, I would never trust an insurance company – or any other >company, they are big business and big business cares about the bottom >line. Big business doesn’t care about customers, they care about staying >in business. There are many people out there who scam insurance companies >so this has to factor into how they do business and how they pay >claims. Unfortunate but we all have to pay the price for it, just as we >pay higher prices at stores because of shoplifters and higher prices

at >doctors offices and hospitals because of people who don’t pay their >medical bills. All bills are scrutinized and determined if they are >necessary. Some contractors work for insurance companies rather than the >insured. In my case, I am having my architect hire all the subs to >complete my home so my insurance company has no relationship or tie with >them and I am ensured that the house will be completed the way it should >be. The restoration company refuses to negotiate their work and will do >everything necessary to make a home the way it ought to be. The owner >said years ago businesses wouldn’t dare stand up to the big insurance >companies because it meant being blackballed. They did it anyway and have >a good reputation despite it.>>When you do file claims, you are put on a list, as I believe you should >be. An insurance company

can’t be expected to keep customers who >continually file claims. That isn’t to say anyone cancelled ought to be >either, there should be guidelines and there probably aren’t enough. In >the end, it’s how you have been treated and whether the insurance company >did the right thing that matters. I have an agent that will stand up for >me against his own company if need be. My agent cares about us, the big >company doesn’t.>>When filing a claim, you always need to be proactive and realize the >company is there to help you but sure isn’t going to be glad to be >spending money on your behalf. Not relying on them for contractors or >referrals helps tremendously to ensure a good job done. I have a lawyer >waiting to help and my insurance company has known it since day one. I >don’t anticipate any problems but if they come up, we’re ready to handle

>them. I think once you realize that the insurance company is not your >friend but can help, you’ll have less problems.>>Kenda>>>Kenda>>>I have to say, many years ago, I may have trusted insurance companies, but>after 3 auto accidents and a roof replacement and a lightning strike on my>house (and hail damage to a car), I know what they do. They jack your>prices up so much they make up for smaller claims, and they have a>list. When you file a claim, you go on a list. Other insurance companies>can get that list. Then they will either reject you for insurance or they>will charge you a small fortune.>>Yes, I was once a trusting consumer, but I have learned the hard way that>insurance companies are in this for the big bucks and they do not give much>of a hoot for all us little peon

consumers.>>Lynda>>>At 08:41 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:> >Oh yes Lynda and think of all those poor people in Florida that don't have> >a home after a hurricane moves through. Not only do they not have a home> >but they must battle the insurance company to rebuild. I was just> >watching the news when the last one came through and there were homes that> >hadn't even been finished being built from all of the storms from last> >year. It breaks my heart when I see that. I pray for those people. I> >pray and hope that their suffering is over for this season at least!> >> >God Bless,> >Kendal.> >> >Lynda <coss@...> wrote:> >My experience is similar, insurance companies are in the business of making> >money, and they will cut you off, not pay claims until you get an

attorney,> >they will raise your rates, etc. Many have not had claims so have not had> >negative experiences. Now, they even subtract 1% of the value of your home> >before paying hail damage claims on roofs. They definitely are not there> >for the best interests of the consumer, like most other big business (Dow,> >Mentor, etc.)> >> >Lynda> >> >At 07:19 PM 8/8/2005, you wrote:> > >Hi Kendal,> > >> > >No, I didn't take your email as negative at all, I have just had different> > >experiences with insurance companies than you have. I'm not going to go> > >on the offensive and sue when I don't see the need. Believe me, I have a> > >legal background and I'll be the first to file suit if it did become> > >necessary. My builder should have made the repairs on his own but went

on> > >his way to build other homes instead of do what was needed here, despite> > >our architect terminating their relationship over it. I have read and> > >heard about insurance company problems, they are quite common but not all> > >companies treat their insureds poorly. Our house was built extremely> > >well, thank God for that, we certainly paid for it. It's the small> > >problems like condensation leaks that can cause so much damage so> > >quickly. Wood and water simply don't mix.> > >> > >Kenda> > >> > >> > >Hi Kenda,> > >> > >I guess you must have taken my last e-mail as being negative. It wasn't> > >meant to be I assure you. I wasn't only referring to my problems with> > >insurance companies but also to many other people that I know

and have> > >heard about on the news. Insurance companies are notorious for raising> > >your rates, not wanting to give you the full amount to fix the problem,> > >cut you off, etc. Diane mentioned that in her post. Maybe you didn't see> > >that. If you have found a good one then God Bless You! You are a truly> > >blessed individual to have found a good insurance company. Please share> > >that information.> > >> > >I too grew up in a custom made home and my Uncle also lives in a custom> > >made home. My home had parquet flooring thoughout including the> > >kitchen. My uncle has hardwood everywhere but the kitchen. These two> > >homes will probably be standing longer than most homes because of the> > >quality and craftmanship. As you probably know that wood in a kitchen

can> > >be a complete disaster but we never had any problems. It has been my> > >experience that custom made homes are built much better than other> > >homes. They normally aren't as expensive and are built much more quickly.> > >> > >I hope that everything works out for you. I'll say a prayer for you> > tonight.> > >> > >> > >God Bless,> > >Kendal.> > >__________________________________________________> > >

Guest guest

There are a couple of websites that come to mind that I would suggest.

If you are trying to determine what type of mold visually this is

really not possible. Especially if you are trying to go by color.

Because you can have 3 different mold colonies of the same mold and

they can be all different colors. This has to be determined by

professionals/labs.

Hope this helps,

KC

http://www.indoorairresearch.net/ Texas Tech

www.doctorfungus.org

http://www.mycology.adelaide.edu.au/

www.aerotechlabs.com

http://www.mold-help.org

>

> Hey guys

>

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a really good online source to

help

> me identify molds, I need pictures!! Thanks

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hey guys

>

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a really good online source to help

> me identify molds, I need pictures!! Thanks

>

>

>

try this, www.mycolog.com/chapter 21.htm or put

" stachybotryotoxicosis " in your searh.

also try fungi kingdom

Guest guest

I tried (using a semi-decent microscope that went up to 400x power) to

identify molds myself but I was in way over my head. The biggest

problem is that the real world and then, collection methods like tape

lifts destroy a lot of the mold's structure.. also they are chaotic

and mixed together on slides.. I could tell that they were molds.. and

the shape of the spores, but not much more.. certainly, not what the

pros can tell.. (I think they use oil immersion optical microscopes -

which let you go up to 1000x - or electron microscopes)

So my final conclusion was - since I was dealing with a situation

where I really needed/need accuracy - was to spend the money and let

the pros do it.. That was months ago.. I haven't looked back.. (I'm

really glad that I got the pro lab testing that I did, when I did,

because my landlord is one of those landlords who refuses to

remediate, and anything less than a report from one of the best labs

in the state would not have the credibility that I now realize I need

to counter their denial.. And we didn't collect the samples ourselves,

we had to pay them to send a trained mold inspector out to collect

them.. This is important..)

Maybe in the future I'll have the luxury of being healthy and able to

do mold microscopy for fun, geek that I am, but things got worse, and

right now, mold exposure makes me really sick, much more than it did

then. And the accuracy is ultra-important and - God knows that I don't

know enough to do mold identification, and I won't for a long time if

ever, and I know it.

I did see lots of interesting stuff.. and take some weird and scary

looking mold micro pictures, though.. which was an interesting

challenge.. That was before the winter, which is the rainy season

here..

But now my basement is flooded, and filled with black furry stachy, -

far worse than it was then.. and I am (thank god) smart enough to know

that going down there is sheer idiocy and I don't do it..

Also, I won't put toxic mold on a microscope slide and put it next to

my nose now.. no way..

Guest guest

LiveSimply < wrote:

> But now my basement is flooded, and filled with black furry stachy, -

far worse than it was then.. and I am (thank god) smart enough to

know that going down there is sheer idiocy and I don't do it..

> Also, I won't put toxic mold on a microscope slide and put it next to

> my nose now.. no way..

Look at the inconsistencies in the way you are approaching this!

Your basement is filled with " black furry stachy " and yet you are

fearful of putting " microscope slide " s worth of mold next to your nose?

You call for " accuracy in testing " when your description has already

indicated that you are aware that unbelievable slight amounts brought

into facial proximity can be a driving force in your response.

What kind of test can cover every item that is potentially

contaminated with that small amount you are afraid of?

It sounds as if you hope that some miracle of identification is going

to alter your response or enable some means of dealing with exposures

that you already know cannot all be tested and dealt with piecemeal.

Your body is telling you what to do, yet your brain is grasping

at " tests " and potions or chemical magic bullets to bail you out of

this mess.

They don't exist.

You are following a bad path. Can't you see where this is leading?

-

Guest guest

lol, there is no livin simply on that one. You must know it radiates throught

the whole house, simply put, GET OUT...

erikmoldwarrior <erikmoldwarrior@...> wrote: LiveSimply < wrote:

> But now my basement is flooded, and filled with black furry stachy, -

far worse than it was then.. and I am (thank god) smart enough to

know that going down there is sheer idiocy and I don't do it..

> Also, I won't put toxic mold on a microscope slide and put it next to

> my nose now.. no way..

Look at the inconsistencies in the way you are approaching this!

Your basement is filled with " black furry stachy " and yet you are

fearful of putting " microscope slide " s worth of mold next to your nose?

You call for " accuracy in testing " when your description has already

indicated that you are aware that unbelievable slight amounts brought

into facial proximity can be a driving force in your response.

What kind of test can cover every item that is potentially

contaminated with that small amount you are afraid of?

It sounds as if you hope that some miracle of identification is going

to alter your response or enable some means of dealing with exposures

that you already know cannot all be tested and dealt with piecemeal.

Your body is telling you what to do, yet your brain is grasping

at " tests " and potions or chemical magic bullets to bail you out of

this mess.

They don't exist.

You are following a bad path. Can't you see where this is leading?

-

FAIR USE NOTICE:

Guest guest

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:39:10 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>lol, there is no livin simply on that one. You must know it radiates throught

It is simple to say, harder to do.

Having said that I agree with your statement because their is no other

option. You can rot in mold spore hell or you can pull up your stakes

take your losses and move on. Unfortunately this is only the

beginning of the journey. Because if you are highly sensitized to

mold you are likely to be just as bad off wherever decide to move to.

But if you are wise enough and lucky enough to find a better housing

situation you still have to take extreme measures not to contaminate

it. Which unfortunately means abandoning all of your belongings. Some

may be salvageable and others may not but if you don't reach a

baseline you will never know the difference. Which means extreme

measures at the onset and than you can start experimenting with

different situations once you have reached a base line and know what

is possible as far as recovery goes.

The process I have just outlined is for all intents and purposes is

impossible for just about all of the members on this group.

I know for this to become a realaty would be difficult but It would

be nice if we could start a commune in some rural area where people

could go to recover from mold. If we worked together as a group we

could share responsibilities and teach disciplines and make what is

almost impossible for one to achieve realistic for the group.

Guest guest

While what you say is true , It wasn't simple to say or do, I had to do

just that. I left everything but my naked self and my shaved dog. I will admit

I was lucky my parents have a room I can stay in temporarily but I lost

everything, I am talking thousands of dollars in electronics, work tools, stuff

passed down through the family. Pictures, cloths, bed, furniture, paintings, you

name it. It is not easy to say at all. It was the advice I was given based on

my health and I took it. You are correct, not everyone is able to just up and

leave but sometimes you just have to. and if his basement is as bad as he says I

would suspect it would be the prudent thing to do. I only suggest that based on

what I read so the rest I leave for him to decide what his options are. I

apologize if it sounded a bit sarcastic though.

Chris

Christ <antares41-41@...> wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:39:10 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>lol, there is no livin simply on that one. You must know it radiates throught

It is simple to say, harder to do.

Having said that I agree with your statement because their is no other

option. You can rot in mold spore hell or you can pull up your stakes

take your losses and move on. Unfortunately this is only the

beginning of the journey. Because if you are highly sensitized to

mold you are likely to be just as bad off wherever decide to move to.

But if you are wise enough and lucky enough to find a better housing

situation you still have to take extreme measures not to contaminate

it. Which unfortunately means abandoning all of your belongings. Some

may be salvageable and others may not but if you don't reach a

baseline you will never know the difference. Which means extreme

measures at the onset and than you can start experimenting with

different situations once you have reached a base line and know what

is possible as far as recovery goes.

The process I have just outlined is for all intents and purposes is

impossible for just about all of the members on this group.

I know for this to become a realaty would be difficult but It would

be nice if we could start a commune in some rural area where people

could go to recover from mold. If we worked together as a group we

could share responsibilities and teach disciplines and make what is

almost impossible for one to achieve realistic for the group.

FAIR USE NOTICE:

Guest guest

It is hard, but considering the options avaiable- the only one that

will work in the long run- I found a small rental after looking at a

few moldy ones- it was not totally free of mold- but the small mold

here is not bad- Put 80% of my stuff in storage- jettisoned 15% more

when I realized it had contaminated my new home- and got better

dispite having cross contaminated my computer and having not cleaned

my cloths as much as I was able to later- bringing stuff into my new

space was my biggest mistake- it was hard- but mostly phycologically

hard- once people realise what they need to do-it is the only

option. If I win the lottery I promise to start a home for molie

recovery- short of that I don't think you will get allot of sick

people far apart to work towards a single goal- allthough I wish

there were some moldies around by me to have lunch with

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:39:10 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>

> >lol, there is no livin simply on that one. You must know it

radiates throught the whole house, simply put, GET OUT...

> It is simple to say, harder to do.

> Having said that I agree with your statement because their is no

other

> option. You can rot in mold spore hell or you can pull up your

stakes

> take your losses and move on. Unfortunately this is only the

> beginning of the journey. Because if you are highly sensitized to

> mold you are likely to be just as bad off wherever decide to move

to.

>

> But if you are wise enough and lucky enough to find a better

housing

> situation you still have to take extreme measures not to

contaminate

> it. Which unfortunately means abandoning all of your belongings.

Some

> may be salvageable and others may not but if you don't reach a

> baseline you will never know the difference. Which means extreme

> measures at the onset and than you can start experimenting with

> different situations once you have reached a base line and know

what

> is possible as far as recovery goes.

>

> The process I have just outlined is for all intents and purposes is

> impossible for just about all of the members on this group.

>

> I know for this to become a realaty would be difficult but It

would

> be nice if we could start a commune in some rural area where people

> could go to recover from mold. If we worked together as a group we

> could share responsibilities and teach disciplines and make what is

> almost impossible for one to achieve realistic for the group.

>

>

>

Guest guest

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:59:23 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>

>While what you say is true , It wasn't simple to say or do, I had to do

just that.

I only wish I had your sense to put your health before everything

else. I have to admit that I talk the talk but not walked the walk.

You have. I still have a shed full of items I don't want to part

with. Many things similar to what you gave up. And I am still sick. I

keep telling myself it's the trailer I am in and I need to abandon it.

That and I know I am allergic to a lot of foods that I eat and need to

foucus on foods that agree with me.

I have no where else to go presently. It took me years to come to

grips with the reality I needed to sell my home and get rid of all of

my belongings. And than a few more years to execute the plan. I only

wish I had the guts to do what you have done and am happy for your

success.

>I apologize if it sounded a bit sarcastic though

Not really you were just giving the cold hard reality of the matter.

And coming from someone who is familiar with the problem and been

through it not taken that way at all.

Guest guest

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:05:08 +0000, you wrote:

> I wish

>there were some moldies around by me to have lunch with

>

Where do you live?

Guest guest

Dear ,

I am sorry that I have missed several of your posts. But, I can also

understand giving up things. We lost 98% of our belongings and our

home-coming up 4 years this October. We still miss many of our things. Our

kids had to give up EVERYTHING, they still after 3 years will say, " Hey mom,

remember that (whatever toy it is) that we had in our moldy house, I sure do

miss it still. " I don't know if you ever get over it. The one thing we

were able to salvage was a collection of dolls I had started for my daughter

the day before she was born. It was kept in an air tight cabinet, and had

no traces of mold spores on them. But, sometimes when we look at them it

brings back other memories, so I can't tell you it has helped to bring them.

I can tell you though, as many others will. After a couple years you look

back, and even though losing your things, you feel better, and you start a

sort of new life. New things, better health, and the past even though it is

still with you, becomes easier year by year. We have started ALL over, but

we are better off now. We have a safe home, safe belongings, and better

health. I never feel bad for leaving. It took me 4 months to leave after

finding out. If I had to do it all over, I'd leave the day I knew. As it

only made our health worse to stay. If I would have had this group, with

all of the knowledge and information that we have here, I would have

probably left sooner. We had no where to go either, as many on this board.

But, finally we just did it.

Believe me when I say, most of us here on the board know what it is like,

and that it is hard. One day soon it will all sink in, and even though hard

to do, you will be able to do it. You will feel better too.

I hope it will work out for you. Please remember, your health. The longer

you stay, and interact with contaminated things, your health will only

worsen, not get better.

Re: [] Re: Mold

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:59:23 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>

>>

>>While what you say is true , It wasn't simple to say or do, I had to

>>do just that.

>

> I only wish I had your sense to put your health before everything

> else. I have to admit that I talk the talk but not walked the walk.

> You have. I still have a shed full of items I don't want to part

> with. Many things similar to what you gave up. And I am still sick. I

> keep telling myself it's the trailer I am in and I need to abandon it.

> That and I know I am allergic to a lot of foods that I eat and need to

> foucus on foods that agree with me.

>

> I have no where else to go presently. It took me years to come to

> grips with the reality I needed to sell my home and get rid of all of

> my belongings. And than a few more years to execute the plan. I only

> wish I had the guts to do what you have done and am happy for your

> success.

>

>

>>I apologize if it sounded a bit sarcastic though

>

> Not really you were just giving the cold hard reality of the matter.

> And coming from someone who is familiar with the problem and been

> through it not taken that way at all.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> FAIR USE NOTICE:

>

>