RemedySpot.com

Restrictions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sue,

Thanks for telling me when you had your operations I can't believe how many operations you had at such a young age. I'm not sure what you mean you had your RTHR revised is that like having the Hip replacement all over again?

I went to my regular Dr today he said my heart and blood pressure are ok .

I'm 60lbs overweight and I have a heria which should go away if I can lose this weight but I quit smoking 5 months ago and I am going to lose this weight.

I got a name of a bone Dr closer to my house and I hope he can answer some of my questions and he nicer then my last Dr.

Well you take care and have a nice day.

SusieSue <Suzeegrape@...> wrote:

SusieI had my LTHR in 11-97 and the RTHR in 7-98. Had the RTHR revised June 7, 2004. Had the shoulders replaced in 2000 & 2001. The knees are okay. Sore muscles from all the PT. They cut alot of nerves when they do the THR. Some do not regenerate or come back to life. Massaging the scar seems to help break up the scar tissue.61 isn't old. Hope you can feel better soon.Sue> > Hi All> > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off to work.> > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body weight > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He said to use > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you have a body > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped off but > the > > pillow keeps the leg in position.> >

> > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and kicking. Only a > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting back on my > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do that > now. > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.> > > > When you can do the single let sit stand, you can do anything. > That > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how could you > > dislocate?> > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a month or so! > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg for a > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully without > landing > > on you hip? If so, have fun!> > > > Sue> > > > > > > > Be your own

advocate! The best patient is an informed patient! > > > > > >

Susie

They used staples for the first hip. For the shoulders and other hip

they used stitches. I don't feel the replacement anymore. I did

when it was loose, but now that it is fixed I only feel the scar

tissue. Not bad at all, it is getting better each day.

Good luck finding a doc that will help you.

Sue

> > > > > Hi All

> > > > >

> > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off to

> work.

> > > > >

> > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body

> > weight

> > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He said

> to

> > > use

> > > > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you have a

> > body

> > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped

off

> > but

> > > > the

> > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.

> > > > >

> > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and kicking.

> Only

> > a

> > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting back

on

> > my

> > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do

> that

> > > > now.

> > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.

> > > > >

> > > > > When you can do the single let sit stand, you can do

> anything.

> > > > That

> > > > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how

> could

> > > you

> > > > > dislocate?

> > > > >

> > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a month

> or

> > > so!

> > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg

for

> a

> > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully

without

> > > > landing

> > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!

> > > > >

> > > > > Sue

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

Hi Sue,

Thanks I hope I find another Dr before Sept I have to go in for my once a year check up .

I hope you don't mind me asking but the bad scar tissues is that from having the staples ?

How come they do stitches ? Do you think its better? I'm glad you doing better .Well you have a great day.

SusieThey used staples for the first hip. For the shoulders and other hip they used stitches. I don't feel the replacement anymore. I did when it was loose, but now that it is fixed I only feel the scar tissue. Not bad at all, it is getting better each day.Good luck finding a doc that will help you.Sue> > > > > Hi All> > > > > > > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off to > work.> > > > > > > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body > > weight > > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He said > to > > > use > > > > > the pillow and

sleep on the unoperated side. If you have a > > body > > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped off > > but > > > > the > > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.> > > > > > > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and kicking. > Only > > a > > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting back on > > my > > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do > that > > > > now. > > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.> > > > > > > > > > When you can do the single let sit stand, you can do > anything. > > > > That > > > > > takes strength. And if you have

muscle that strong, how > could > > > you > > > > > dislocate?> > > > > > > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a month > or > > > so! > > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg for > a > > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully without > > > > landing > > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!> > > > > > > > > > Sue> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Susie

Stitches take a surgeons skill. Anybody can do staples. My OS is

the head of the department in a teaching hospital, so he does

stitches. He is the one that did the revision. All his med students

were away. Just him and his PA.

Sue

> > > > > > Hi All

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off

to

> > work.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body

> > > weight

> > > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He

said

> > to

> > > > use

> > > > > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you have

a

> > > body

> > > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped

> off

> > > but

> > > > > the

> > > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and

kicking.

> > Only

> > > a

> > > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting

back

> on

> > > my

> > > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do

> > that

> > > > > now.

> > > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When you can do the single let sit stand, you can do

> > anything.

> > > > > That

> > > > > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how

> > could

> > > > you

> > > > > > dislocate?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a

month

> > or

> > > > so!

> > > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg

> for

> > a

> > > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully

> without

> > > > > landing

> > > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sue

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

How come they do stitches sometimes and staples at others? Good

question, Susie.

I like to speculate with my cynical mind, so I will. I think it's

part the doctor's experience, part his personal preference, and part

the influence of the people who sell things materials like stitches

and staples.

I had a friend in California who sold for the first company to

manufacturer staples. She used to wine, dine, and give all sorts of

gifts to the doctors in her effort to persuade the them to switch to

staples.

I'm sure that sort of " payola " doesn't go on during the

current " honest " political climate, but it could.

Perhaps sager heads on this site than mine, and more reasonable, can

shed some light on the subject. I personally don't think it makes a

lot of difference. I've seen good results with both.

I've had surgery twice in the past two and half years in France.

Both times the doctors--two different ones--used stitches. Prior to

those two after a head injury while rollerblanding I had seven

stitches put in my forehead. There is no evidence of a scar.

C'est comme ça.

staninfr

> > > > > > Hi All

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off

to

> > work.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The

body

> > > weight

> > > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He

said

> > to

> > > > use

> > > > > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you

have a

> > > body

> > > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have

slipped

> off

> > > but

> > > > > the

> > > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and

kicking.

> > Only

> > > a

> > > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting

back

> on

> > > my

> > > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can

do

> > that

> > > > > now.

> > > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When you can do the single let sit stand, you can do

> > anything.

> > > > > That

> > > > > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how

> > could

> > > > you

> > > > > > dislocate?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a

month

> > or

> > > > so!

> > > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one

leg

> for

> > a

> > > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully

> without

> > > > > landing

> > > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sue

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:19:06 EDT

Subject: Re: Re: Restrictions

In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:50:59 PM Central Standard Time,

Suzeegrape@... writes:

Staples hurt more when they are removed. At

least mine did!

______

Mine didn't hurt at all......maybe it has to do with who removes them.

y

Fess up-you were too busy looking at your hunky doc :)

Carolyn

Hi Stan,

The first time I every had a stitch or was in the Hospital I was 24 years old my Husband and I where driving in a car I was putting my make up on and using this clamp on looking glass I'm sorry to lazy to look up the other word well anyway he had to stop because he thought this guy was turning and he wasn't I ended up with 58 stitches in my head you can't see them because it was in my hair line. Well you take care.

SusieStan <sagebush2020@...> wrote:

How come they do stitches sometimes and staples at others? Good question, Susie.I like to speculate with my cynical mind, so I will. I think it's part the doctor's experience, part his personal preference, and part the influence of the people who sell things materials like stitches and staples.I had a friend in California who sold for the first company to manufacturer staples. She used to wine, dine, and give all sorts of gifts to the doctors in her effort to persuade the them to switch to staples.I'm sure that sort of "payola" doesn't go on during the current "honest" political climate, but it could.Perhaps sager heads on this site than mine, and more reasonable, can shed some light on the subject. I personally don't think it makes a lot of difference. I've seen good results with both.I've had surgery

twice in the past two and half years in France. Both times the doctors--two different ones--used stitches. Prior to those two after a head injury while rollerblanding I had seven stitches put in my forehead. There is no evidence of a scar.C'est comme ça.staninfr> > > > > > Hi All> > > > > > > > > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off to > > work.> > > > > > > > > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body > > > weight > > > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He said > > to > > > > use >

> > > > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you have a > > > body > > > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped > off > > > but > > > > > the > > > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.> > > > > > > > > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and kicking. > > Only > > > a > > > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting back > on > > > my > > > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do > > that > > > > > now. > > > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.> > > > > > > > > > > > When you can do the

single let sit stand, you can do > > anything. > > > > > That > > > > > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how > > could > > > > you > > > > > > dislocate?> > > > > > > > > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a month > > or > > > > so! > > > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg > for > > a > > > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully > without > > > > > landing > > > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!> > > > > > > > > > > > Sue> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

Hi Sue ,

I'm glad you had a good dr and that Stitches take a Surgeons skill Maybe thats way my scar on my Hip has such bad scar tissues was from my dr maybe he should have done Stitches instead of Staples.

Well you take care .

SusieStitches take a surgeons skill. Anybody can do staples. My OS is the head of the department in a teaching hospital, so he does stitches. He is the one that did the revision. All his med students were away. Just him and his PA.Sue> > > > > > Hi All> > > > > > > > > > > > I had a long (1 and a half hours) PT session. Then off to > > work.> > > > > > > > > > > > My doc told me NOT to lie on the operated side. The body > > > weight > > > > > > could cause dislocation. And I weight 135 pounds! He said > > to > > > > use >

> > > > > the pillow and sleep on the unoperated side. If you have a > > > body > > > > > > pillow it is hard to really go off of it. I have slipped > off > > > but > > > > > the > > > > > > pillow keeps the leg in position.> > > > > > > > > > > > After 3 months anything but running, jumping and kicking. > > Only > > > a > > > > > > month to go until freedom. That will include sitting back > on > > > my > > > > > > heels. Squatting, but not with the heels down. I can do > > that > > > > > now. > > > > > > Hard on the knees, but easy on the hips.> > > > > > > > > > > > When you can do the single let

sit stand, you can do > > anything. > > > > > That > > > > > > takes strength. And if you have muscle that strong, how > > could > > > > you > > > > > > dislocate?> > > > > > > > > > > > Margaret look forward to hearing about the bike, in a month > > or > > > > so! > > > > > > And Stan, rollerblading! Stan can you balance on one leg > for > > a > > > > > > minute? Walk with long strides? And fall gracefully > without > > > > > landing > > > > > > on you hip? If so, have fun!> > > > > > > > > > > > Sue> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > >

Mine didn't hurt at all either - removed by a nurse who was definitely not hunky - I asked her to count them as she removed them, and I didn't realise she'd started till she got to number 3! (there were 8 altogether, and they were much smaller and finer than I had expected.)

Margaret

----- Original Message ----- In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:50:59 PM Central Standard Time, Suzeegrape@... writes: Staples hurt more when they are removed. At least mine did!______Mine didn't hurt at all......maybe it has to do with who removes them.yFess up-you were too busy looking at your hunky doc :)Carolyn

My cousin in England had self-dissolving stitches for her THR (a week before mine), so she didn't have to have any removed. (I was envious!) But I don't know what determined it. If self-dissolving stitches are available, why should anyone stitch with any other sort?

Margaret

----- Original Message ----- I do wonder about another, but related, thing. What determines if the stitches are disolvable or not? I've never had the kind that self-disolve. Anyone know?Staninfr

Margaret Hayon <margaret@...> wroteHi Marge ,

You where lucky to only have 8 staples I had 38 and that was four years ago I guess it makes a big differants. I wish you the best of luck.

Susie

Mine didn't hurt at all either - removed by a nurse who was definitely not hunky - I asked her to count them as she removed them, and I didn't realise she'd started till she got to number 3! (there were 8 altogether, and they were much smaller and finer than I had expected.)

Margaret

----- Original Message ----- In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:50:59 PM Central Standard Time, Suzeegrape@... writes: Staples hurt more when they are removed. At least mine did!______Mine didn't hurt at all......maybe it has to do with who removes them.yFess up-you were too busy looking at your hunky doc :)Carolyn

I don't know about you guys, but the past couple of days this Web

site has had me in stitches!!!

That's all folks,

Staninfr

> Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:19:06 EDT

> From: scottyzpt@a...

> Subject: Re: Re: Restrictions

>

> In a message dated 8/13/2004 1:50:59 PM Central Standard Time,

> Suzeegrape@a... writes:

> Staples hurt more when they are removed. At

> least mine did!

> ______

> Mine didn't hurt at all......maybe it has to do with who removes

them.

> y

>

> Fess up-you were too busy looking at your hunky doc :)

>

> Carolyn

• 5 months later...

-

I agree.

Good writeup.

Again, as you and I and others state, I urge any readers to get the

details from their doctor rather than guessing. Information on this

Group is very helpful in many ways but one should always

confirm surgery/rehab/etc. details.

> I do agree whole-heartedly about asking the doctors!

> >

> > To Sylvie and/or (posts #7880 and #7885)-

> >

> > Here is what I have learned (note that we here are not experts

and

> > you should check everything with a good doctor or two):

> >

> > The main difference on restrictions for a total hip replacement

is, I

> > believe, the type of approach the doctor took (anterior or

> > posterior). There are reasons for each and also a doctor may

only

> > know or choose to do one method.

> >

> > I believe anterior results in no permanent restrictions but there

are

> > certain cases where it won't be the best for a given individual

(you

> > need to regain sufficient muscle strength in one of your gluteus

> > muscles to avoid a limp). I also believe anterior is harder for

> > doctors to do.

> >

> > I believe posterior results in some permanent motion

restrictions,

> > such as the 90 degree things and the leg crossing.

> >

> > NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW HOW ANY OF THIS APPLIES TO A PARTIAL HIP

> > REPLACEMENT WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE.

> >

> > NOTE #2: as mentioned above, we here are not experts and you

should

> > check everything with a good doctor or two. Ask questions to the

> > doctor who did the surgery. If he/she does not answer your

questions

> > to your satisfaction, consider gathering the info on your surgery

and

> > asking a different doctor.

Hi gordon ,

I agree with you about asking your dr if you have a good dr I learn more from this group then my dr but I am looking for a new dr and hope he tells me things my other dr never to me . the dr that did the operations on me said I have to sit on a high toilet the rest of my life and don't squat now that can me a lot of things .I had my right Hip and knee replace my knee isn't so bad its my Hip thats a pain.

Susiegordon_h_kass <gordonkass@...> wrote:

-I agree.Good writeup.Again, as you and I and others state, I urge any readers to get the details from their doctor rather than guessing. Information on this Group is very helpful in many ways but one should always confirm surgery/rehab/etc. details.> I do agree whole-heartedly about asking the doctors! > > > > To Sylvie and/or (posts #7880 and #7885)-> > > > Here is what I have learned (note that we here are not experts and > > you should check everything with a good doctor or two):> > > > The main difference on restrictions for a total hip replacement is, I > > believe, the type of approach the doctor took (anterior or > > posterior). There are reasons for each and also a doctor may only > > know or choose to do one method.> > > > I believe anterior results in no permanent restrictions but there are > > certain cases where it won't be the best for a given individual (you > > need to regain sufficient

muscle strength in one of your gluteus > > muscles to avoid a limp). I also believe anterior is harder for > > doctors to do.> > > > I believe posterior results in some permanent motion restrictions, > > such as the 90 degree things and the leg crossing.> > > > NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW HOW ANY OF THIS APPLIES TO A PARTIAL HIP > > REPLACEMENT WHICH IS WHAT YOU HAVE.> > > > NOTE #2: as mentioned above, we here are not experts and you should > > check everything with a good doctor or two. Ask questions to the > > doctor who did the surgery. If he/she does not answer your questions > > to your satisfaction, consider gathering the info on your surgery and > > asking a different doctor.

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

I just saw my surgeon and he said that I would have almost no

restrictions. I am getting a large metal on metal ball. This is

supposed to be hard to dislocate.

• 4 years later...

I have a BHR w/stem (anatomical size metal-on-metal THR), and my only

restrictions are competitive running and/or jumping sports. My doctor said my

implant would operate just as well as a natural hip in every way.

Of course, I was also told to listen to my body and not push things, especially

during the first few months. And there is a big difference between being allowed

to do something and being physically able to do it! At two months post-op, I can

put my sock on from the front again, but it's going to be a while before I can

do most yoga poses.

-September

> >> >

> >> > > Ruth, I read your response to Lynn about the satisfaction rate

> >> for

> >> > > hip replacements. Sounded great, especially the part about being

> >> > > able to do anything you want physically. It sounded great until I

> >> > > realized that you are speaking from the perspective of your hip

> >> > > resurfacing rather than replacement. I'm sure you realize that

> >> there

> >> > > is a big difference between the two and with resurfacing you do

> >> not

> >> > > face the possible restrictions/limitations of a replacement. Judy

> >> > >

> >> > > > >

> >> > > > > From: ruthz2006 <kenruthz@>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> > >> >

> > >> > > Ruth, I read your response to Lynn about the satisfaction rate

> > >> for

> > >> > > hip replacements. Sounded great, especially the part about being

> > >> > > able to do anything you want physically. It sounded great until I

> > >> > > realized that you are speaking from the perspective of your hip

> > >> > > resurfacing rather than replacement. I'm sure you realize that

> > >> there

> > >> > > is a big difference between the two and with resurfacing you do

> > >> not

> > >> > > face the possible restrictions/limitations of a replacement. Judy

> > >> > >

> > >> > > > >

> > >> > > > > From: ruthz2006 <kenruthz@>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Being kind of deaf at this point is something of a blessing, No Conures,

but 2 African Greys, 6 Cockatoos of varying sorts, and...drum roll...25

macaws. Most of these birds have medical issues with varying degrees of

severity and require lot of fairly high-level daily care. (And a ton of food

and water bowls run through the r dishwasher daily, and a ton of cage

cleaning daily, and those big cages, the bottom trays and grates are right down

at almost floor level!)

Post-op restrictions with the older approach just won't fly for me, but

fortunately, I've got options re the surgery.

In a message dated 6/25/2011 9:17:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

barbmch@... writes:

You got me on that one.......but I do have one peach fronted conure

that makes enough noise for my house........how can you stand the

noise????

Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

You COULD live with the post op restrictions if you had to.......

some of us do it every day......

And I " m willing to assume that you are not single-handedly responsible for

the care of 33 large parrots..just a guess on my part.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Be your own advocate! The best patient is an informed patient!

Groups Links

Groups Links

Guest guest

Ahh..the Land of Oz, obviously! I have one galah here, an Elenora, a

Moluccan, and three Umbrella toos.

In a message dated 6/25/2011 9:29:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

maryanne.waspe1@... writes:

Oh we have Galah's and parrots every single day.

but my naughty dog is a bit partial to them. and she can catch them.

so I try to keep her indoors when they are in the garden.

she can even catch fish from the pond.

-- Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

Groups Links

Groups Links

-----

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 10.0.1388 / Virus Database: 1513/3726 - Release Date: 06/25/11

Groups Links

Guest guest

BTW, i checked out of curiousity, and my health insurance has 15 local

ortho surgeons on its list. (Granted they dont'[ all do hips, but again, lots

to chose from including 76 who are board-ecertified.)

In a message dated 6/25/2011 9:12:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

jujulabee@... writes:

To clarify - the anterior approach can be performed on anyone - there

isn't any patient criteria. I'm not aware of any reason an OS who does the

anterior approach would not use it on a patient. Some doctors use a different

approach but it's not related to the patient but the doctor's expertise and

access to equipment.

It's different than a hip resurfacing which has certain generally

recommended selection criteria.

On Jun 25, 2011, at 6:00 PM, maryanne.waspe1@... wrote:

> True and not only that the Anterior isn't suitable for every-one, it

wasn't

> for me,

> So I had no option that's the way it is, its like saying someone in an

> accident,

> Couldn't stand to live in a wheel chair many do and have very prosperous

> lives. You can if you have to.

> My shoulder went so terribly badly but I am happy with the very limited

> movement,

> I have in that arm, it sure as heck beats having it paralyzed. Sure I'd

> more.

>

> -------Original Message-------

>

> From: BARB

> Date: 26/06/2011 10:00:32 AM

> Joint Replacement

> Subject: Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

>

> You COULD live with the post op restrictions if you had to.......

> some of us do it every day.........

>

>

> Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

>

>

> I know that I will not abide by the post op restrictions in the

butt-first

> version, nor can I. It's not an option, and fortunately, doesn't have to

> be. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with lots of choices.

>

>

> -----------------

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, one Hyacinth macaw.

In a message dated 6/25/2011 9:58:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

barbmch@... writes:

any of those dark blue macaws? those are gorgeous.........

----- Original Message -----

<Joint Replacement >

Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Subject: Re: restrictions

Being kind of deaf at this point is something of a blessing, No Conures,

but 2 African Greys, 6 Cockatoos of varying sorts, and...drum roll...25

macaws. Most of these birds have medical issues with varying degrees of

severity and require lot of fairly high-level daily care. (And a ton of

food

and water bowls run through the r dishwasher daily, and a ton of cage

cleaning daily, and those big cages, the bottom trays and grates are right

down

at almost floor level!)

Post-op restrictions with the older approach just won't fly for me, but

fortunately, I've got options re the surgery.

In a message dated 6/25/2011 9:17:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

barbmch@... writes:

noise????

And I " m willing to assume that you are not single-handedly responsible

for

Groups Links

Groups Links

Groups Links

Groups Links

Guest guest

noise????

Guest guest

Oh we have Galah's and parrots every single day.

but my naughty dog is a bit partial to them. and she can catch them.

so I try to keep her indoors when they are in the garden.

she can even catch fish from the pond.

-- Re: restrictions

noise????

Guest guest

any of those dark blue macaws? those are gorgeous.........

Groups Links

Groups Links

Guest guest

The second surgeon that I went to see does only the Direct Anterior approach.

He told me that I didn't qualify for that type of surgery... because of the way

my leg fits into the hip... because of the angle I would have to have it done by

the Lateral approach. He also said that because of the angle the leg goes in I

needed a different type of prosthesis then what he uses... I needed one that the

ball could be adjusted. So no not everyone qualifies for that type of approach.

I wish I did. My surgery is scheduled for July 20th and I am getting very

nervous.

>

> > True and not only that the Anterior isn't suitable for every-one, it wasn't

> > for me,

> > So I had no option that's the way it is, its like saying someone in an

> > accident,

> > Couldn't stand to live in a wheel chair many do and have very prosperous

> > lives. You can if you have to.

> > My shoulder went so terribly badly but I am happy with the very limited

> > movement,

> > I have in that arm, it sure as heck beats having it paralyzed. Sure I'd like

> > more.

> >

> > -- Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

> >

> > You COULD live with the post op restrictions if you had to.......

> > some of us do it every day.........

> >

> >

> > Re: Re: 2 WEEKS LEFT

> >

> >

> > I know that I will not abide by the post op restrictions in the butt-first

> > version, nor can I. It's not an option, and fortunately, doesn't have to

> > be. I'm lucky enough to live in an area with lots of choices.

> >

> >

> > -----------------

> >

> >