Dorothy

Guest guest

Kim,

Have you tried Axert for the migraines? I have been taking that for

sometime and it has been working. I also had leads implanted at the

base of my skull to help reduce the headaches and migraines and it's

helped quite a bit also. The vibration in my head is taking some

getting used to but it was definitely worth adding the extra leads

because the headaches and migraines together were killing me.

> >

> > ,

> > I am like you. I have not had to shave my legs or underarms in years.

> I do not have the SCS but rather the pump. Also, my nails used to be

> very soft and pliable, they are now very brittle and tough. I think I

> could put a hole in the wall with my toenails.

> >

> > Dorothy

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi

A question like that will probably need answers from a cardiologist.

If GP treatment is limited to beta blockers for anxiety, s/he ought to

know that thyroid status is related to cardiac function.

The GP may choose to 'refer' it anyway.

best wishes

Bob

>

> Hi

> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really

> bothering me? Sorry

>

Guest guest

It just seems to me Bob that the HC was the wrong thing for me as now its making it hard to tolerate thyroxine, I really dont understand it. When the pulse speeds up it causes anxiety and has a knock on effect for me, it doesnt race all the time but its uncomfortable and to be honest I havent had heart problems before, I was just wondering if in time it will settle down?

Am seeing an endo on wed who will probably advice I stop HC, what do I do then?--- On Mon, 22/9/08, bob.m9uk Bob.m9uk@...

Hi A question like that will probably need answers from a cardiologist.If GP treatment is limited to beta blockers for anxiety, s/he ought to know that thyroid status is related to cardiac function.The GP may choose to 'refer' it anyway. best wishesBob >> Hi> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really > bothering me? Sorry>

Guest guest

When did it start and how fast is it? Is it fast all the time or just at certain of the day or night?

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@...Date: 22/09/2008 7:53 <thyroid treatment >Subj: question

HiWill this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really bothering me? Sorry Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security ________________________________________________

Guest guest

What you do then is educate yourself about adrenal fatigue (have you read any books on the subject ?) so that you are in the position of being an informed and empowered patient who can understand and discuss the pros and cons of any suggestion/treatment the endo or anyone else suggests.

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@...Date: 22/09/2008 10:59 <thyroid treatment >Subj: Re: Re: question

It just seems to me Bob that the HC was the wrong thing for me as now its making it hard to tolerate thyroxine, I really dont understand it. When the pulse speeds up it causes anxiety and has a knock on effect for me, it doesnt race all the time but its uncomfortable and to be honest I havent had heart problems before, I was just wondering if in time it will settle down?

Am seeing an endo on wed who will probably advice I stop HC, what do I do then?--- On Mon, 22/9/08, bob.m9uk Bob.m9uk (DOT) co.uk

Hi A question like that will probably need answers from a cardiologist.If GP treatment is limited to beta blockers for anxiety, s/he ought to know that thyroid status is related to cardiac function.The GP may choose to 'refer' it anyway. best wishesBob >> Hi> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really > bothering me? Sorry>Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security ________________________________________________

Guest guest

You should try taking some magnesium . I posted the other day a message from a doctor . You might want to try this.

In my medical practice, I see many women whose heart rate goes up when onthyroid medications. In many cases taking1. additional Magnesium (about 500 mg/day) will help substantially.2. If this is not enough, especially in women I put them on Progesterone andit helps a lot.3. If person get increased HR on Armor Thyroid or Cytomel, adding smallamount of T4 (e.g. 25 mcg.) can help balance T4/T3 level betterDr. Shah

Hi A question like that will probably need answers from a cardiologist.If GP treatment is limited to beta blockers for anxiety, s/he ought to know that thyroid status is related to cardiac function.The GP may choose to 'refer' it anyway. best wishesBob >> Hi> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really > bothering me? Sorry>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1683 - Release Date: 21/09/2008 10:10

Guest guest

It isnt fast all the time no, worse when I am anxious and then the anxiety makes it worse, its not thumping out my chest like the other night, I am aware of it beating while sitting and in bed, my pulse varies from 74 to 90 or maybe higher, its just uncomfortable at times

From: moosborne@... <moosborne@...>Subject: Re: questionthyroid treatment Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM

When did it start and how fast is it? Is it fast all the time or just at certain of the day or night?

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. ukDate: 22/09/2008 7:53 <thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com>Subj: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question

HiWill this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really bothering me? Sorry

Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali. co.uk/security

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________

Guest guest

Yes I have read up on it Mo, I just dont want to go in and start saying I am doing this and I am doing that, he will think whats she here for if she knows it all? Thats the best way to get his/here back up and send me away with no help

From: moosborne@... <moosborne@...>Subject: Re: Re: questionthyroid treatment Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:31 AM

What you do then is educate yourself about adrenal fatigue (have you read any books on the subject ?) so that you are in the position of being an informed and empowered patient who can understand and discuss the pros and cons of any suggestion/treatmen t the endo or anyone else suggests.

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. ukDate: 22/09/2008 10:59 <thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com>Subj: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] Re: question

Am seeing an endo on wed who will probably advice I stop HC, what do I do then?--- On Mon, 22/9/08, bob.m9uk Bob.m9uk (DOT) co.uk

Guest guest

Well none of us know it all and I think it would help you to understand the arguments the endo will likely put forward and the opposing view.

Then you are in a better position to weigh up and make the best decisions for you.

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@...Date: 22/09/2008 11:49 <thyroid treatment >Subj: Re: Re: question

Yes I have read up on it Mo, I just dont want to go in and start saying I am doing this and I am doing that, he will think whats she here for if she knows it all? Thats the best way to get his/here back up and send me away with no help

From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>Subject: Re: Re: questionthyroid treatment Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:31 AM

What you do then is educate yourself about adrenal fatigue (have you read any books on the subject ?) so that you are in the position of being an informed and empowered patient who can understand and discuss the pros and cons of any suggestion/treatmen t the endo or anyone else suggests.

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. ukDate: 22/09/2008 10:59 <thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com>Subj: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] Re: question

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security ________________________________________________

Guest guest

Dr P told me not to worry about anything 90 or under though I hear what you are saying about the discomfort factor.

Have you utilised any of the suggestions memers have made so far ? If so, what exactly are you doing?

I will post further with ideas for reducing anxiety but don't want to waste my time if you are not interested?

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@...Date: 22/09/2008 11:46 <thyroid treatment >Subj: Re: question

It isnt fast all the time no, worse when I am anxious and then the anxiety makes it worse, its not thumping out my chest like the other night, I am aware of it beating while sitting and in bed, my pulse varies from 74 to 90 or maybe higher, its just uncomfortable at times

From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>Subject: Re: questionthyroid treatment Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. ukDate: 22/09/2008 7:53 <thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com>Subj: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question

HiWill this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really bothering me? Sorry

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security ________________________________________________

Guest guest

I am interested and read everything that everyones posts Mo, I am just so very tired right now, mentally and physically, I am plotting my temps right now, am looking at ways at coping with the anxiety, trying to face it head on and not be scared of it. Please dont feel you have to waste your time, I dont want people to do that

From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>Subject: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] questionthyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM

Guest guest

It is not the HC that is making it hard for you to tolerate L-thyroxine , it is your weak adrenals. These appear not yet strong enough to cope with T4. Your adrenal profile showed both your cortisol and DHEA to be very low in the range. You need adrenal support to increase your levels.

You keep saying you don't understand , so you need to read about the thyroid/adrenal connection until you do understand how the two function together, and how you should not (and cannot) use L-thyroxine until you do have strong adrenals. Anything you can't understand, just shout.

I know those of our members who are taking HC, Dr Peatfield, Dr Hertoghe, Dr Rind, Dr Lam and many others talk about the need to 'stress dose' when necessary, and perhaps you should try the experiment to get you over this particular stress you are suffering right now. You are going round in a vicious circle. Stress creates stress. None of us can tell you whether this might be your answer, but the fact is, you do have to experiment.

As you keep getting a high pulse rate, this is an indication that your adrenals cannot cope with thyroxine, and this would be an indication for you to try the experiment of stopping the thyroxine again until your adrenals get stronger and then try adding it back again later when you start to feel much better. You know the half life of thyroxine, it will do you no harm.

I don't think you have been long enough on HC to tell whether this is of benefit to you yet, especially as you still appear to be having problems taking thyroxine. Your endocrinologist on Wednesday will not tell you to stop taking HC just like that, because you have to be weaned off it. However, I can tell you that he most likely will recommend you coming off it simply because of your frame of mind and that you are not sure about this yourself. He will see that you are stressed and as most endocrinologists ar sceptical about HC (even at physiological doses) he might well advise you to stop taking HC. If this happens, you should ask the advice of the man who knows - Dr Peatfield. The endocrinologist might suggest you have a short synacthen test. This will very likely come back showing that you do not have an adrenal problem (as the majority of our members who have had this done will testify), because this is done at only one time during the day, and I have heard that this particular test would make even a dead donkey kick.

Read about the thyroid /adrenal connection again, so you understand exactly why there is a need for your adrenals need to be much stronger before you start thyroid replacement again. You tried the experiment adding thyroxine back, it isn't working yet, so you might want to consider stopping it again for a while.

Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1683 - Release Date: 21/09/2008 10:10

Guest guest

My temperature plotting so far shows my adrenals to be stabalizing Sheila and Dr P said stop the thyroxine for a few days and restart lower, which I have done.

How long does one have to wait for HC to have an effect? I have been on it 5 weeks now. I have read HC is one of the quickest forms of adrenal support, so how come then that when I was first put on T4 two years ago I managed to last all that time with no adrenal support at all until just recently? I am sure you can appreciate Sheila that I go on holiday in 3 weeks and really dont want to mess around with things again before I go, what if it sets me back further and I am too poorly to go? If I wasnt going away I might do all these things as there wouldnt be as much pressure. I did stop my thyroxine for quite a while if you remember, longer than other members have done and dont feel I can do that again just yet.

I appreciate all your help and I dont want to appear that I am not taking things on board, I am--- On Mon, 22/9/08, sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>

It is not the HC that is making it hard for you to tolerate L-thyroxine , it is your weak adrenals. These appear not yet strong enough to cope with T4. Your adrenal profile showed both your cortisol and DHEA to be very low in the range. You need adrenal support to increase your levels.

You keep saying you don't understand , so you need to read about the thyroid/adrenal connection until you do understand how the two function together, and how you should not (and cannot) use L-thyroxine until you do have strong adrenals. Anything you can't understand, just shout.

I know those of our members who are taking HC, Dr Peatfield, Dr Hertoghe, Dr Rind, Dr Lam and many others talk about the need to 'stress dose' when necessary, and perhaps you should try the experiment to get you over this particular stress you are suffering right now. You are going round in a vicious circle.

Read about the thyroid /adrenal connection again, so you understand exactly why there is a need for your adrenals need to be much stronger before you start thyroid replacement again. You tried the experiment adding thyroxine back, it isn't working yet, so you might want to consider stopping it again for a while.

Sheila

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1683 - Release Date: 21/09/2008 10:10

Guest guest

You haven't tried any of the other suggestions then ?

Mo----Original Message----From: xxsarahxx_40@...Date: 22/09/2008 13:25 <thyroid treatment >Subj: Re: question

I am interested and read everything that everyones posts Mo, I am just so very tired right now, mentally and physically, I am plotting my temps right now, am looking at ways at coping with the anxiety, trying to face it head on and not be scared of it. Please dont feel you have to waste your time, I dont want people to do that

From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>Subject: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] questionthyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM

Guest guest

Not as yet, which suggestions are you referring to?

Guest guest

Yes, but are you putting any of the recommendations into practice , because if you are not, you will continue to have all of these anxiety attacks. None of us feel we are wasting our time in trying to help any of our members, we all just want to help where we can.

Luv - Sheila

Guest guest

Hi

Some people can be on L-thyroxine for absolutely years before their adrenals start to complain, two years is absolutely nothing. It is the fact that thyroxine needs adrenal hormone to help it do what it is supposed to do that gradually exhausts the adrenals.Prednisone seems to work better for some sufferers because you only take one dose in the morning, and the effect lasts through the day, so perhaps that would be the way for you to go. , there are no hard and fast rules that cover everybody, we are all different. You have to find the dose and the variety that works for you, and we can't tell you what that would be. We can only tell you to try the experiment. Call Dr P again on Wednesday and ask him about this and explain about your holiday, as nobody wants you to be carrying on with this stress up until then.

Luv - Sheila

How long does one have to wait for HC to have an effect? I have been on it 5 weeks now. I have read HC is one of the quickest forms of adrenal support, so how come then that when I was first put on T4 two years ago I managed to last all that time with no adrenal support at all until just recently? I am sure you can appreciate Sheila that I go on holiday in 3 weeks and really dont want to mess around with things again before I go, what if it sets me back further and I am too poorly to go? If I wasnt going away I might do all these things as there wouldnt be as much pressure. I did stop my thyroxine for quite a while if you remember, longer than other members have done and dont feel I can do that again just yet.-

Guest guest

Then there is little point in me adding to the list then?

Mo

>

> Not as yet, which suggestions are you referring to?

>

>

>

>

>

> From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>

> Subject: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question

> thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com

> Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM

>

>

>

>

>

> When did it start and how fast is it? Is it fast all the time or

just at certain of the day or night?

>  

> Mo

>

> ----Original Message----

> From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. uk

> Date: 22/09/2008 7:53

> <thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com>

> Subj: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question

>

>

>

>

> Hi

> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really

> bothering me? Sorry

>

>

>

>

> Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali.

co.uk/security

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

co.uk/security

>

>

>

co.uk/security

>

Guest guest

Ok Mo> > From: moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk <moosbornetiscali (DOT) co.uk>> Subject: Re: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question> thyroidpatientadvoc acygroups (DOT) com> Date: Monday, 22 September, 2008, 11:29 AM> > > > > > When did it start and how fast is it? Is it fast all the time or just at certain of the day or night?>

> Mo> > ----Original Message----> From: xxsarahxx_40@ .co. uk> Date: 22/09/2008 7:53 > <thyroidpatientadvo c acygroups (DOT) com>> Subj: [thyroidpatientadvo cacy] question> > > > > Hi> Will this fast pulse and heart settle down in time, its really > bothering me? Sorry > > > > > Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali. co.uk/security > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > > > > > > > > > Do you value your online security? - http://www.tiscali. co.uk/security > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > > > Do you

value your online security? - http://www.tiscali. co.uk/security > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________>

Guest guest

Hi,

Although my knowledge of this is not great I would agree with what you

are saying. Whilst researching the net I came across this:

" Rxmed: Pharmaceutical Info... Contraindications.. Levothyroxine is

contraindicated in patients with uncorrected adrenal insufficiency, as

thyroid hormones increase tissue demands for adrenocortical hormones.'

Maybe they should put this on the packets.

Love Alice

<sheilaturner@...> wrote:

>

> It is not the HC that is making it hard for you to tolerate L-

thyroxine , it is your weak adrenals. These appear not yet strong

enough to cope with T4. Your adrenal profile showed both your cortisol

and DHEA to be very low in the range. You need adrenal support to

increase your levels.

>

> You keep saying you don't understand , so you need to read about

the thyroid/adrenal connection until you do understand how the two

function together, and how you should not (and cannot) use L-thyroxine

until you do have strong adrenals.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Do you drink coffee as this could make it worse? I gave up two days

ago (not easy!) as I have been getting palps esp when lying in bed. I

also noticed after eating an Indian takeaway I got them quite bad (

I think this could be related) then started to feel anxious which

made it worse! The GP was not in the slightest bit bothered by this

and reluctantly arranged for an ECG. She thought they were related to

anxiety/ depression. I noticed on my packet for t4 it says side

effects palpitations!!

Take care,

Love Alice

> It isnt fast all the time no, worse when I am anxious and then the

anxiety makes it worse, its not thumping out my chest like the other

night, I am aware of it beating while sitting and in bed, my pulse

varies from 74 to 90 or maybe higher, its just uncomfortable at times

>

>

Guest guest

Yes I drink coffee, but have cut back and drink mainly decaff now, it is hard to give up I agree!--

Hi ,Do you drink coffee as this could make it worse? I gave up two days ago Take care,Love Alice > It isnt fast all the time no, worse when I am anxious and then the anxiety makes it worse, its not thumping out my chest like the other night, I am aware of it beating while sitting and in bed, my pulse varies from 74 to 90 or maybe higher, its just uncomfortable at times> >

Guest guest

Hi ,

Well, I saw an endo yesterday, & I felt that he was impressed with my knowledge & efficiency to do with my condition. I asked him his views on different things having told him things I had read etc & gave him a spreadsheet of all my blood tests for the last 5.5 years all with ranges so that he could not see what they are now but how they have moved over time. I also asked him whether I should change things etc & really listened to what he had to say. I told him everything I am taking and what I am doing re my health & what I have done differently in the last few weeks etc & he was very interested in everything I had to say and we shared several laughs about things. I felt that we really connected & also that he would not shout me down if I said something that he woudl not approve of, if other words he listened also. I have always been someone who is a bit pedantic & I will often refuse to take prescription meds if I do not want to take them, and I have always needed to be convinced before taling any meds or having any medical procedure so I am not an ideal patient by many standards (from a doctors point of view if they want someone to accept what they say). Anyway I asked loads & got good info, and I came away very happy & also feeling backed up if I need any help over the coming months etc.

So basically go in with a positive view & have loads of questions (make notes of their replies if you need to) and tell him exactly how you are in all ways & everything (including all you are taking & why) that could even only be slightly relevant. If he does not help then he is not the right endo for you, and so get another one. There are some very good ones out there.

Val

I just dont want to go in and start saying I am doing this and I am doing that, he will think whats she here for if she knows it all? Thats the best way to get his/here back up and send me away with no help

Guest guest

For a start, did you look into Autogenic Training to help your anxiety? I wondered because if you replied I did not see the reply. This would keep the anxiety if check giving your meds time to help you.

Val

which suggestions are you referring to?