RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

liver

Rate this topic

Guest guest

---- Original Message -----

Is the Epsom Salt a good way to detox the liver?

Epsom salts are used to open up the bile ducts so that when you do a liver cleanse, the bile will flow freely and help remove toxic wastes.

Is the coffee enemas a good way to detox the liver

Coffee enemas also dilate the bile ducts and promote glutathione production, which is necessary for toxic neutralization and removal. Coffee enemas are very helpful in a detox program. You can do a liver flush, followed by a coffee enema as part of a detox program. You can do coffee enemas daily, as long as you are getting juices too to replace minerals and electrolytes.

Is the liver the most important organ to start with?

It is definitely one of the most important organs to focus on--starting with it will be determined by how toxic your colon is. The colon should be cleansed first to make sure the toxins can be freely moved out of the body.

Patty

Guest guest

I was wondering too. My mom won't even cook up her liver from their own organic cows!! i would say this liver would be fine. I will take the liver and cook it up, but I have always wondered about how great liver really is...

a Augustine

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.I wish you enough ''Hello's" to get you through the final goodbye.--anonymous

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 11:35 AM

Subject: Liver

I am writing to see what anybody knows about liver. I know that Sally highly recomments eating liver (organic, of course), but my husband is totally turned off by that and says that that is the last thing you should eat since the liver filters the blood. He says if you eat liver, you also eat all the bad stuff it filters out too, so you shouldn't do it. I have no response for him. Does anyone know where all the bad stuff goes (I would think just out the body), and is there a chance eating liver could be bad?Thanks,

Guest guest

Hi Janet,

That is good news. I am glad that you are getting better. :-) Keep

getting better and yes Milk Thistle is truly wonderful.

Peace, love and light,

Don Quai

Janet Seidlitz wrote:

> I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting liver

> problems and my most recent labs came back normal on liver enzymes

> *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb hehe.

>

> Janet

>

>

>

Guest guest

I haven't been too vocal about it. I have chronic hepatitis of unknown origin. Had to have my gallbladder removed last November and went right into a flare worse than ever before. Mostly pain and severe fatigue. But since the enzymes are finally normal I may start to feel better soon ;-)

Janet

health

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 11:46 PM

Subject: Re: RE: Liver

Hi Janet,On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 12:40:17 -0700, Janet Seidlitz wrote:> I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb hehe. > WELL done Janet!!! CongratsI dont know what problems you have had or for how long, it could be my memoryor you didnt tell us, but anyways WOOHOO there you go ! great newsPersian

Guest guest

On May 6, 2004, at 3:30 PM, Janet Seidlitz wrote:

> I haven't been too vocal about it. I have chronic hepatitis of unknown

> origin. Had to have my gallbladder removed last November and went

> right into a flare worse than ever before. Mostly pain and severe

> fatigue. But since the enzymes are finally normal I may start to feel

> better soon ;-)

>  

> Janet

That's really great Janet! What all have you been doing besides the

Milk Thistle and in what form have you been using it? I also use Milk

Thistle just about daily and have for years. Chinese herbs are also

very good for hepatitis. I assume you have had a biopsy of the liver

given the gall bladder surgery etc.

Do you know the condition of the liver? Do you see an acupuncturist or

use TCM?

Whole Life Essentials.

Outstanding Organic Essential Oils & Products

http://www.WholeLifeEssentials.com

Guest guest

Janet,

That is fantastic!!! I know exactly how you feel! Was there anything besides milk thistle that you were using? Any therapy, etc?? If it is not to intrusive, what was the reason for the liver problems? Mine was caused directly from an overperscribed series of meds that my (at the time) family doctor had me on. It caused a type of hepetitis, non contagious, that caused serious liver damage. I read in a few places that milk thistle was not recommended for liver damage that was hep-related, so used other things instead.

Thanks for the wonderful report!!!!

Janet Seidlitz <dragonhealing@...> wrote:

I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb hehe.

Janet

Guest guest

No biopsy yet, though they have talked about it. They just did a full abdomenal cat scan last friday though. I walk everyday, drink lots of clean water, take Total Nutrition, lots of garlic, skin brushing, and the milk thistle. Taking MSM too. I can deal with the pain, but the fatigue is getting to me. Hopefully it will diminish soon.

Janet

health

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:04 PM

On May 6, 2004, at 3:30 PM, Janet Seidlitz wrote:

I haven't been too vocal about it. I have chronic hepatitis of unknown origin. Had to have my gallbladder removed last November and went right into a flare worse than ever before. Mostly pain and severe fatigue. But since the enzymes are finally normal I may start to feel better soon ;-) JanetThat's really great Janet! What all have you been doing besides the Milk Thistle and in what form have you been using it? I also use Milk Thistle just about daily and have for years. Chinese herbs are also very good for hepatitis. I assume you have had a biopsy of the liver given the gall bladder surgery etc.Do you know the condition of the liver? Do you see an acupuncturist or use TCM?Whole Life Essentials.Outstanding Organic Essential Oils & Productshttp://www.WholeLifeEssentials.com

Guest guest

They do not know what is causing it. It is most likely viral, which means my immune system could be better. The first time this happened was over 10 years ago and they never did identify the cause. I have had Hep A as well, but I no longer have the antibodies in my system which is unusual too, and also leads me to believe my immune system is the malfunction here.

Janet

health

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:38 PM

Janet,

That is fantastic!!! I know exactly how you feel! Was there anything besides milk thistle that you were using? Any therapy, etc?? If it is not to intrusive, what was the reason for the liver problems? Mine was caused directly from an overperscribed series of meds that my (at the time) family doctor had me on. It caused a type of hepetitis, non contagious, that caused serious liver damage. I read in a few places that milk thistle was not recommended for liver damage that was hep-related, so used other things instead.

Thanks for the wonderful report!!!!

Janet Seidlitz <dragonhealing@...> wrote:

I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb hehe.

Janet

Guest guest

I had it removed because I was a big sissy hehe. The pain was excruciating for days. I could not eat, sleep or take care of the kids. The bladder turned out to be fully inflamed and diseased. And apparently the liver itself still is.

Janet

health

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 11:39 PM

Hi Janet,On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 01:30:29 -0700, Janet Seidlitz wrote:> I haven't been too vocal about it. I have chronic hepatitis of unknown origin. Had to have my gallbladder removed last November and went right into a flare worse than ever before. Mostly pain and severe fatigue. But since the enzymes are finally normal I may start to feel better soon ;-)> YES! now I remember your gall bladder thingo, but WHY did you haveto have it removed? It must be weird and awful not to know how you got hepatitis:(best regardsPersian

Guest guest

Hey Janet,

Are you taking any kelp or any other form of natural iodine? What about

parsley tea? Ginseng? Gotu Kola?

Peace, love and light,

Don Quai

Janet Seidlitz wrote:

> They do not know what is causing it. It is most likely viral, which

> means my immune system could be better. The first time this happened

> was over 10 years ago and they never did identify the cause. I have

> had Hep A as well, but I no longer have the antibodies in my system

> which is unusual too, and also leads me to believe my immune system is

> the malfunction here.

>

> Janet

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> *From:* Ybarra <mailto:deuteronomy2929@...>

> *To:* health

> <mailto:health >

> *Sent:* Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:38 PM

> *Subject:* Re: RE: Liver

>

> Janet,

> That is fantastic!!! I know exactly how you feel! Was there

> anything besides milk thistle that you were using? Any therapy,

> etc?? If it is not to intrusive, what was the reason for the liver

> problems? Mine was caused directly from an overperscribed series

> of meds that my (at the time) family doctor had me on. It caused a

> type of hepetitis, non contagious, that caused serious liver

> damage. I read in a few places that milk thistle was not

> recommended for liver damage that was hep-related, so used other

> things instead.

>

> Thanks for the wonderful report!!!!

>

>

>

> */Janet Seidlitz <dragonhealing@...>/* wrote:

>

> I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting

> liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on

> liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb hehe.

>

> Janet

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Janet,

I am more thinking of boosting your adrenals and thyroid. This is your

energy boost. Parsely, ginseng and gotu kola are all very good for the

adrenals and the iodine will help out with the thyroid.

Peace, love and light,

Don Quai

Janet Seidlitz wrote:

> I was going to add extra iodine and astragalus. Parsley I hadn't

> thought of. You are thinking for energy the ginseng and gotu kola?

> Panax ginseng or a mix of both forms? Really appreciate the input.

>

> Janet

>

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> *From:* Don Quai <mailto:mysticalherbalist@...>

> *To:* health

> <mailto:health >

> *Sent:* Friday, May 07, 2004 12:53 PM

> *Subject:* Re: RE: Liver

>

> Hey Janet,

>

> Are you taking any kelp or any other form of natural iodine? What

> about

> parsley tea? Ginseng? Gotu Kola?

>

> Peace, love and light,

>

> Don Quai

>

>

>

> Janet Seidlitz wrote:

>

> > They do not know what is causing it. It is most likely viral, which

> > means my immune system could be better. The first time this

> happened

> > was over 10 years ago and they never did identify the cause. I have

> > had Hep A as well, but I no longer have the antibodies in my system

> > which is unusual too, and also leads me to believe my immune

> system is

> > the malfunction here.

> >

> > Janet

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > *From:* Ybarra <mailto:deuteronomy2929@...>

> > *To:* health

> > <mailto:health >

> > *Sent:* Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:38 PM

> > *Subject:* Re: RE: Liver

> >

> > Janet,

> > That is fantastic!!! I know exactly how you feel! Was there

> > anything besides milk thistle that you were using? Any therapy,

> > etc?? If it is not to intrusive, what was the reason for the

> liver

> > problems? Mine was caused directly from an overperscribed series

> > of meds that my (at the time) family doctor had me on. It

> caused a

> > type of hepetitis, non contagious, that caused serious liver

> > damage. I read in a few places that milk thistle was not

> > recommended for liver damage that was hep-related, so used other

> > things instead.

> >

> > Thanks for the wonderful report!!!!

> >

> >

> >

> > */Janet Seidlitz <dragonhealing@...>/* wrote:

> >

> > I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting

> > liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on

> > liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb

> hehe.

> >

> > Janet

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Thank you Don, I am gonna try this and will let you know if it makes a difference.

Janet

health

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 10:52 PM

Hi Janet,I am more thinking of boosting your adrenals and thyroid. This is your energy boost. Parsely, ginseng and gotu kola are all very good for the adrenals and the iodine will help out with the thyroid.Peace, love and light,Don QuaiJanet Seidlitz wrote:> I was going to add extra iodine and astragalus. Parsley I hadn't > thought of. You are thinking for energy the ginseng and gotu kola? > Panax ginseng or a mix of both forms? Really appreciate the input.> > Janet> >> ----- Original Message -----> *From:* Don Quai <mailto:mysticalherbalist@...>> *To:* health > <mailto:health >> *Sent:* Friday, May 07, 2004 12:53 PM> *Subject:* Re: RE: Liver>> Hey Janet,>> Are you taking any kelp or any other form of natural iodine? What> about> parsley tea? Ginseng? Gotu Kola?>> Peace, love and light,>> Don Quai>>>> Janet Seidlitz wrote:>> > They do not know what is causing it. It is most likely viral, which> > means my immune system could be better. The first time this> happened> > was over 10 years ago and they never did identify the cause. I have> > had Hep A as well, but I no longer have the antibodies in my system> > which is unusual too, and also leads me to believe my immune> system is> > the malfunction here.> > > > Janet> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > *From:* Ybarra <mailto:deuteronomy2929@...>> > *To:* health > > <mailto:health >> > *Sent:* Thursday, May 06, 2004 2:38 PM> > *Subject:* Re: RE: Liver> >> > Janet,> > That is fantastic!!! I know exactly how you feel! Was there> > anything besides milk thistle that you were using? Any therapy,> > etc?? If it is not to intrusive, what was the reason for the> liver> > problems? Mine was caused directly from an overperscribed series> > of meds that my (at the time) family doctor had me on. It> caused a> > type of hepetitis, non contagious, that caused serious liver> > damage. I read in a few places that milk thistle was not> > recommended for liver damage that was hep-related, so used other> > things instead.> > > > Thanks for the wonderful report!!!!> > > > > >> > */Janet Seidlitz <dragonhealing@...>/* wrote:> >> > I got some good news today. For months I have been fighting> > liver problems and my most recent labs came back normal on> > liver enzymes *dances* Milk thistle is a wonderful herb> hehe.> > > > Janet> >> >> >

Guest guest

On May 13, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Janet Seidlitz wrote:

> Oh, and I thought of another puzzle reguarding this problem for you

> all. It is affecting my skin horribly. Itchy, bumpy, peeling,

> sun-sensative skin mostly on my arms and legs, but some on my face

> now. The really bad thing is the little bumps leave a dark spot behind

> each time so I am looking more and more freckled. I stay out of the

> sun as much as possible and use tea tree lotion with msm to soothe it.

>  

> Janet

>

Hmmm. The liver and the skin are so connected that it's not a mystery

at all. It does sound awful though ;-(

Are you taking any medication or were you? I can't recall.

Have you taken an oatmeal bath to relieve the itch and help heal the

skin? You can add a few drops of Lavender, Chamomile, and Geranium too-

2 each.

I would use something different for your skin. The Tea Tree and MSM is

fine- good really, but not best for this-. Is this the only products

you are using on your skin? I'd want to see the whole ingredient list-

is it possible? . I would make a blend with Rose Hip Seep Oil, infused

Calendula and Callophyllum, with some gentle soothing essential oils

added.

I can't remember what you said about essential fatty acids. Pretty high

likelihood you have or are taking Udo's oil. This is important. Hemp

seed oil is very good too- add it to your salad dressing daily. Drink

lot's of water. Milk thistle of course and a good tea with yellow dock.

Lot's of greens and fruits and very little grains, dairy and meat. I

know you know all about this and processed foods.

I would add as little as possible- even naturally stuff for the liver

can not process much now.

Can you do a raw fruit fast for a few days? Or better yet the Master

Cleanser for 10 days?

You can also make a spray for the itch with distilled water, witch

hazel or a pure hydrosol and aloe and essential oils.

How long has this been going on- it sounds miserable. Sorry!!

Whole Life Essentials.

Outstanding Organic Essential Oils & Products

http://www.WholeLifeEssentials.com

Guest guest

I use a shea butter base and mix in the tea tree EO and MSM powder, some vitamin E as well. You've given me some great ideas, thanks .

I've done several juice cleanses. Honestly they leave me very weak and shakey though. This has been going on for over 10 years on and off. Been constant for almost 7 months now. I know I need to do the master cleanse though. Diet is really good right now and will get even better once I get more variety from the farm's market.

I WILL figure this all out and appreciate everyone's help ;-)

Janet

health

Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 2:21 PM

On May 13, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Janet Seidlitz wrote:

Oh, and I thought of another puzzle reguarding this problem for you all. It is affecting my skin horribly. Itchy, bumpy, peeling, sun-sensative skin mostly on my arms and legs, but some on my face now. The really bad thing is the little bumps leave a dark spot behind each time so I am looking more and more freckled. I stay out of the sun as much as possible and use tea tree lotion with msm to soothe it. JanetHmmm. The liver and the skin are so connected that it's not a mystery at all. It does sound awful though ;-(Are you taking any medication or were you? I can't recall. Have you taken an oatmeal bath to relieve the itch and help heal the skin? You can add a few drops of Lavender, Chamomile, and Geranium too- 2 each.I would use something different for your skin. The Tea Tree and MSM is fine- good really, but not best for this-. Is this the only products you are using on your skin? I'd want to see the whole ingredient list- is it possible? . I would make a blend with Rose Hip Seep Oil, infused Calendula and Callophyllum, with some gentle soothing essential oils added. I can't remember what you said about essential fatty acids. Pretty high likelihood you have or are taking Udo's oil. This is important. Hemp seed oil is very good too- add it to your salad dressing daily. Drink lot's of water. Milk thistle of course and a good tea with yellow dock. Lot's of greens and fruits and very little grains, dairy and meat. I know you know all about this and processed foods. I would add as little as possible- even naturally stuff for the liver can not process much now. Can you do a raw fruit fast for a few days? Or better yet the Master Cleanser for 10 days?You can also make a spray for the itch with distilled water, witch hazel or a pure hydrosol and aloe and essential oils. How long has this been going on- it sounds miserable. Sorry!!Whole Life Essentials.Outstanding Organic Essential Oils & Productshttp://www.WholeLifeEssentials.com