RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Simon, I am hoping that you made a type here and put hyper instead of hypo because armour is certainly no good at all for anyone with hyper symptoms.

Here are NPTech's details for you.

NPTech Services Ltd

Wellington House

96-98 Wellington Street

Newmarket

Suffolk UK CB8 8SX

Tel: 01638 665 350

Fax: 01638 664 913

Email: info@...

ALCAT Website: www.alcat.co.uk

Luv nne

Hello everyone,As per the request on joining I am sending a hello and intro to all! I am 33, HyperT diagnosed around 18months ago and on Armour after being prescribed T4. I have two younger brothers with similar symtoms as I had (not quite as bad, but they permanently yawn!). I persuaded one of them to see a GP, but their test came back 'normal'. Mine did not.

Guest guest

Simon, just wondering if you have thought about taking 1/2 grain last thing at night. As I go off to sleep I have my last 1/2 grain sublingually as normal and off I go to sleep - it dissolves nice and slowly and I wake a lot more refreshed than I did before doing that - perhaps it is worth a try.

Luv nne Just recently I burned the candle a little at work, some early travel and also then a Saturday night binge on the beer and seem to be back to the week long headaches, complete brain fog and some fatigue.. The headaches seem worse with an early start.. Any ideas on this? Anyone else had headaches on Armour?

Guest guest

Hi Simon, you should be taking all your armour sublingually, so that it dissolves directly into the capillaries and goes direct to source and not through the old liver and stomach - you lose 40% approximately by swallowing it.

I think that you are taking your armour in a strange way, but then I assume you do shift work so that would make it very difficult for you. If however you are always up and about at 6am, you should take 1 grain at 6am, 1/2 grain at 11ish, 1/2 grain 3ish and then the remaining 1/4 grain on retiring. That is pretty much how I would do it - I take mine in a similar way to this although I am taking 3.5 grains per day.

Luv nne

If I start trying this Sublingually activity, does anyone know of the 'potency' of this route via ingestion. I presently take 1.5 grains in the day (9.30 or so after being up since 6AM) and then 0.75 around 7-8pm before dinner normally.

Guest guest

Hi Simon,

I think you mean you are hypoT as hyper is over active.

NPTech have a list of hospitals which they have an arrangement with who will take the blood for a set price.

As I live quite a way from one of those hospitals I have it done at a local private hospital.

NPTech send you all the stuff needed, including the instructions to the phlebotomist about taking the blood etc. You then put it all back, together with your cheque, in the envelope it all came in, and stick on the return label which you will find inside. Then send it back to them. Preferably do this at the beginning of the week rather than a Thursday or Friday so they receive the blood quite fresh.

Don't forget to stop taking Armour or any other thyroid medication for at least 24 hours before the test.

Hope you have a good week too.

Lilian

Guest guest

>

>

> Simon, I am hoping that you made a typo here and put hyper instead of

hypo

> because armour is certainly no good at all for anyone with hyper

symptoms.

Hi nne!

Thanks.. Yes a typo.. :-) HypoT

BR

Simon

Guest guest

> Hello everyone,Hi Simon,> As per the request on joining I am sending a hello and intro to all! > > I am 33, HyperT Simon, did you mean to type HypoT??diagnosed around 18months ago and on Armour after being> prescribed T4. I have two younger brothers with similar symtoms as I> had (not quite as bad, but they permanently yawn!). this sounds SOO familiar! > > After trying a hybrid of a small Armour top-up to my T4, I built up-to 3> grains of Armour pretty quickly. This was not great. I was getting a lot> of headaches (feel like tension/high blood pressure headache, heartbeat> is fine). I moved to 2 1/4 grains and over 2 weeks felt better (and just> had 2 months of being really good)..> > Any ideas on this? Anyone else had headaches on Armour?Yes but you can get headaches from being either overdosed or underdosed. Have you had your adrenals checked? It sounds like you may have a conversion problem caused by either sluggish adrenals or a deficiency of perhaps ferritin, B12 etc.> > I am due a blood test, but as I have not seen my GP for 6+ months and he> is not aware I moved nearly this long ago to pure Armour, it seems a> tough call to let him know. How does one get blood taken for NPTech> services??Here is where you need to go to find details of NPtech tests:http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/QPfbRo2LbhP3egomlErNTaGoYyI1gJS7qJ0Ha69y-RSdfNj0PmvWveaT3KFQ1uOZDkfn0hFvPppC-PvRPHfKew/NPTech%20Price%20List%20Sept%202006.docLuv Bella

Guest guest

> Hello everyone,Hi Simon,> As per the request on joining I am sending a hello and intro to all! > > I am 33, HyperT Simon, did you mean to type HypoT??diagnosed around 18months ago and on Armour after being> prescribed T4. I have two younger brothers with similar symtoms as I> had (not quite as bad, but they permanently yawn!). this sounds SOO familiar! > > After trying a hybrid of a small Armour top-up to my T4, I built up-to 3> grains of Armour pretty quickly. This was not great. I was getting a lot> of headaches (feel like tension/high blood pressure headache, heartbeat> is fine). I moved to 2 1/4 grains and over 2 weeks felt better (and just> had 2 months of being really good)..> > Any ideas on this? Anyone else had headaches on Armour?Yes but you can get headaches from being either overdosed or underdosed. Have you had your adrenals checked? It sounds like you may have a conversion problem caused by either sluggish adrenals or a deficiency of perhaps ferritin, B12 etc.> > I am due a blood test, but as I have not seen my GP for 6+ months and he> is not aware I moved nearly this long ago to pure Armour, it seems a> tough call to let him know. How does one get blood taken for NPTech> services??Here is where you need to go to find details of NPtech tests:http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/QPfbRo2LbhP3egomlErNTaGoYyI1gJS7qJ0Ha69y-RSdfNj0PmvWveaT3KFQ1uOZDkfn0hFvPppC-PvRPHfKew/NPTech%20Price%20List%20Sept%202006.docLuv Bella

Guest guest

> Simon, just wondering if you have thought about taking 1/2 grain

last thing

> at night. As I go off to sleep I have my last 1/2 grain

sublingually as

> normal and off I go to sleep - it dissolves nice and slowly and I

wake a lot more

> refreshed than I did before doing that - perhaps it is worth a

try.

Hi nne (and all that commented) - Thanks for the input. I have

not tried this sublingually (in fact now I have another new word as

well!)

I will try this tonight and see how I get on. I did have my adrenals

tested around xmas and they were ok.

I guess I need to get some tests done for the free T3/T4 etc and see

if I am in the right zone again, but this is only half the story as

we all know!

If I start trying this Sublingually activity, does anyone know of

the 'potency' of this route via ingestion. I presently take 1.5

grains in the day (9.30 or so after being up since 6AM) and then 0.75

around 7-8pm before dinner normally.

BR

Simon

Guest guest

How long have you been on Armour and how much are you taking? Did your doctor start you straight off on Armour and was it an endocrinologist who recommended it for you?

When did you last have your blood checked, and if recently, can you post your results. I hope you are doing well on Armour. What area of the UK do you live as I am trying to compile a list of the Primary Care Trusts that fund the prescription of Armour.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I am sure you will get all the help and support you need from TPA-UK.

Sheila

Hello

Hi everyone,I was diagnosed Hypo last year and have been on Armour for several months. It is very interesting and encouraging to read other people's experiences.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release Date: 02/09/2007 16:32

Guest guest

Hi Ang

Welcome to the Forum. How did you manage to get your doctor to prescribe Armour - what dose of thyroxine were you on previously. Seems more and more doctors these days are beginning to realise that thyroxine alone is not necessarily the right treatment for some of their hypothyroid patients.

I do hope you get better soon but please feel free to post a little more about your history and any blood/urine/saliver tests you have had in the past.

As stated previously, I am trying to compile a list of PCT's that fund Armour so would be pleased if you could tell me what part of the UK you live and the name of your PCT.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Luv - Sheila

Hello

Hi,I'm Angelo, and I'm 57. I've been hypothryoid since having RAItreatment some 10 years ago. My doctor has just prescribed Armourseveral months ago to me since I was not getting better withthyroxine. I'm starting to feel a little better and hope I can regainmy health to some degree, although it's been a long road so far.I'm looking forward to reading all the messages here and learningeverything I can.Cheers,Ang

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release Date: 02/09/2007 16:32

Guest guest

> I think that you are taking your armour in a strange way, but then I assume > you do shift work so that would make it very difficult for you. > > Luv nne

Hi nne,Thank you for your comments. I am not doing shift work, office work and international travel. I commute for an hour and so leave early. I tried the 1/2 grain sublingually last night and feel better this morning!Sheila, Lee - How about a user poll on the ?How much Armour are you takingHow many doses per dayHow long have you been in this dose?Have you increased or decreased this in the last 3 months?Swallow or dissolve in the mouth?It is interesting as we discuss quantities but if I am loosing 40% efficiency and I am taking 2.5 grains and others are on 3+ grains and taking sublingually then this is a big difference. I would like to know if everyone is taking theirs this way!BRSimon

Guest guest

I was told that by taking Armour by swallowing it, you can lose up to 45% of its potency because of the stomach acids. By taking it sublingually, it goes directly into the tiny capillaries into your blood stream and direct to the liver, thus by-passing the stomach.

Luv - Sheila

If I start trying this Sublingually activity, does anyone know of the 'potency' of this route via ingestion.

Guest guest

Simon wrote:

>

>

> The headaches seem worse with an early start..

>

> Any ideas on this? Anyone else had headaches on Armour?

>

> Hi Simon,

I have had headaches whilst taking Armour, but I am convinced it was

because my dose was too low - a dose which was set by an Endo. I have

increased it after seeing Dr. P and I have been headache free since.

I had quite bad headaches whilst taking T4 alone.

Regards,

Anne

Guest guest

Hello Jess

It appears you have changed your identity since our wowBB Forum and I can't quite identify you and we need to do this. Could you please let us know what name you used on the previous group so we know who's who?Many thanks

Camillo

-- In thyroid treatment , "jess_francis" <jess_francis@...> wrote:>> Hi everyone,> I was diagnosed Hypo last year and have been on Armour for several > months. It is very interesting and encouraging to read other people's > experiences.>

Guest guest

Hi Rod - and welcome back.

What combination of cortisone and NAE are you taking and how long have

you been on the dose you are taking now.

I hope you continue to do well on thyroxine - this would mean that you

don't have a problem in the conversion to T3. However, I have heard of

so many who do well for quite some time (often years) then suddenly,

for some reason, it doesn't appear to work the same and this is why

many members start using a combination of T4/T3 or natural thyroid

extract.

Keep up the good work, and if you ever do need help and support, you

are in the right place, as I am sure by now, you will know.

Luv - Sheila

I was diagnosed with Graves and had Radaiactive

> Iodine treatment in Dec 2005. Then I went totally hypo in April 2006

> and have been on 150ug of thyroxine since then. My adrenals began to

> pack up in June 2006 and I'm currently treating them (with Dr P) with

> a mixture of hydro cortisone and Nutri Adrenal Extras, hoping that

> they will be healed by January. Thyroxine seems to work for me, so I'm

> concentrating on my adrenals at the moment, but am prepared to try

> Armour if I have problems with the thyroxine.

>

> Rod

>

Guest guest

Inga, getting the protein in the first 5 days is pretty hard. I used Isopure and felt like it's taste was too strong so I used it to replace the liquid in jello or I diluted it 50/50 with water. As long as you keep track and try your best. It gets alot better on day 6 when you can have the protein shakes that aren't clear but are made with water. I use Unjury...it doesn't have that horrid protein taste. If you don't get in your protein you'll feel weak, lose more hair, and your body will eat it's muscle, so try! Unjury unflavored can be added to jello, soup, whatever. Just remember that the body only absorbs 25-30gms protein at a time so wait a few hours before you have more. Best wishes!

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Guest guest

Hi Inga. what sort of protein powder are you using? have you tried

the whey protein you can get at walmart or target? it is better in

my opinion to like the ones from the health food stores and much

cheaper. My Dr. friend who is a nutritionist for the bariatric

patients says that protein is essential! she says that you should

get at least 70-100 grams a day!!! she says that we need the amino

acids and all of that stuff too. Have you tried putting the sugar

free pudding in with it? today I even took the vanilla and put sugar

free jello in it. It was pretty good too. If you don't get your

nutrients you will feel run down and your body will feed on your

muscle. so it is pretty important.

hey let us know how your fill goes k!! :-)

take care,

Ps: I am kind of looking for a protien powder that has less calories

than the whey protien one. like maybe 70 cals a scoop. But I havnt

found one yet. the whey one has like 110-120 cals per scoop. so if

I have two shakes that is almost 500 cals.

>

> I want to know how important it is to drink protein each day? Is

this

> why peoples hair is falling out....not drinking it? Tastes like

> UGH!! Going for my first fill 10/01 Scared....hope this is going

to

> work. Anyone.... Thanks Inga

>

Guest guest

Hi Bev

Glad you made it over here and I hope you can get all the help and support you need here.

I am staggered that a doctor would DARE to not prescribe Thyroxine under the circumstances - he really does need to go back to school - or at least, do what we sufferers do and get information from the Internet. Was your GP waiting until you went into Myxoedema madness before offering you a prescription? I know you have done a lot of research yourself, and sadly, this is the only way many of us are going to regain our normal health. There is a ton of information I have put in our Files Section of our Website and also many very useful links, and when any of you have some spare time, it really is a good idea to go there and do a bit of reading. All seems quite complicated and heavy for newbies, but I promise, it does get easier and bits and pieces you will suddenly find DO stick and then you can learn a little bit more. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey!

Is the "!dramatic improvement" since you raised your HC Bev after seeing Dr Peatfield?

Luv - Sheila

Hello everyone,

My names Bev and I just joined the group. I have adrenal glands that are well and truely pooped. I met Dr Peatfield for the first time in September at Sheilas clinic. I've had a year of feeling unwell TSH 4.9, FreeT4 8.6,Antibodies 280. My doctor kept posponed putting me on Thyroid meds, "Lets just wait another few months". Eventually had a family crisis and I crashed and was totally washed out. Have had to be off work for 4 months now. When the doctor finally agreed to give me thyroxine a few months age it had a terrible effect on me and dramatically worsened my symptoms. After a lot of research and having my own tests and having all the signs of low adrenal reserve I used adrenal glandular support, which helped a lot, however it never felt enough.Trying to take Armour very gradually also made me feel unwell. Eventually I took the step of obtaining Hydrocortisone I managed myself for 2 months with the aid of Dr Peatfields book and Jeffries book on the safe uses of cortisol. On seeing Dr Peatfield he recommended that I increase my dose of cortisol from 20mg to 40mg or even more, as my adrenal glands are really bad. This has had a dramatic improvement on my health and energy. Dr Peatfield says That I should try to use my thyroid meds again slowly after a month. It may be that I am one of the people who will only be able to manage with T3 meds watch this space.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.6/1061 - Release Date: 10/10/2007 08:43

Guest guest

HI Ellen and welcome to our happy little band of Thyroidians - from Planet Thyroidia (where else) ;o)

I hope you get all the help and support you need here and please ask as many questions, or help give some answers where you can.Can you tell us how much Armour you are taking and whether this has alleviated all your symptoms?

Luv - Sheila

Hello to all forum membersI have been reading posts on a US forum for a while and found them very interesting and informative. Nice to have found a UK forum. With hindsight I can see that I probably suffered from subclinical hypothyroidism for many, many years. Eventually I was diagnosed and started Thyroxin. This did alleviate some of my symptoms but I never felt well and was always tired and cold.I found out about Armour on the US forums. I then read several books and eventually decided to import Armour. I have switched over slowly and am now only taking Amour. I only wish I had discovered it years ago.Best wishes to all. Ellen

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.13/1074 - Release Date: 16/10/2007 14:14

Guest guest

>

> HI Ellen >

..Can you tell us how much Armour you are taking and whether this has

alleviated all your symptoms?

> > Luv - Sheila

>

>

Hi Sheila

Thank you for the welcome.

I am on 3 grains of Armour. I am not yet optimised as my temperatures

are still a bit low, basal 97.0 and afternoon 97.8

However I recently started using natural progesterone cream and

taking sublingual Vit B12 capsules as my B12 level was very low. Am I

right in assuming these can have some effect on thyroid function?

So I think I will wait a while before increasing my Armour dose and

will then only increase by a quarter of a grain at a time. I have

waited so long already that I am happy to be patient and take things

slowly.

Ellen

Guest guest

Hello everyone. I'm e and I don't have heterochromia (kinda

jealous, yes :P) but I find it interesting and was looking for more

information about when I found this group and decided to join.

Guest guest

Hi! I'm Lara and I have sectoral heterochromia, because my left eye is

half green and half brown, while my right eye is just green. A lot of

people noticed it and asked questions about it and I could not explain

the reason for this phenomenen.

Thats why I started looking for information on the internet and I

joined this group. I have never really had problems with my eyes.

Nevertheless I don't really know what caused it, because none of my

relatives have eyes like mine.

Guest guest

>

> Hi Ellen

> Your temperature may be a bit low because you could have low

adrenal reserve. Have you had your Ferritin (stored iron) checked to

see if this is low. What is the dosage of your VitB12 capsules. >

> Luv - Sheila

>

Hi Sheila

I do not think that I have adrenal problems, I have tried the tests

and read several articles. My basal temperature was about 95.6 a year

ago so there has been a great improvement. 97.0 feels nice and warm

to me! My ferritin level is fine. My doctor said my Vit B12 levels

were perfectly OK as they were within range. As they were right at

the bottom of the range I decided to take the tablets , yes they are

the 1000mcgs.

Ellen

Guest guest

>

> Hi ellen,

> Welcome to the forum,There is something seriously wrong with the

treatment protocols and education of docs that so many of us have our

lives ruined by inadequate or refused treatment at all. I had 17 years

of poor health due to thyroxine that just did not relieve my symptoms.

I'm fine now BUT I still mourn those lost years of my childrens'

childhoods

>

Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Yes it is very sad how many of us have had to

suffer years of ill health. Thank goodness for the internet, strength

in numbers!

Ellen

Guest guest

That's essentially what my eyes are like. I have a nonidentical twin sister with blue eyes, and I have one bluish eye, and one that is 2/3 hazel and 1/3 blue. I also have early gray hair, while my sister distinctly doesn't, and also have a different shape of the inner eye plus deaf relatives, so I suspected that Waardenburg syndrome could affect me. But my mother has none of the traits, and they got genetic testing and found that we don't have it - so it's a random coincidence.heterochromia From: lara.kempf@...Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:24:05 +0000Subject: Re: Hello

Hi! I'm Lara and I have sectoral heterochromia, because my left eye is

half green and half brown, while my right eye is just green. A lot of

people noticed it and asked questions about it and I could not explain

the reason for this phenomenen.

Thats why I started looking for information on the internet and I

joined this group. I have never really had problems with my eyes.

Nevertheless I don't really know what caused it, because none of my

relatives have eyes like mine.

Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks Treats for You! Get 'em!